Gundam 0422 (Checking Interest)

Started by Vyxenne, September 23, 2016, 07:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vyxenne

Gundam 0422

The year is 0422UC.  Centuries have passed since mankind's mass exodus from Mother Earth to orbiting space colonies, and the wars of the first century have become the stuff of legends.  In the three hundred years since the fall of the Principality of Zeon, humanity's reach has extended beyond the Earth Sphere and established colonies on Mars and orbiting Jupiter.  Spacenoids and Earthers have enjoyed decades of peace and prosperity, but threats both new and old threaten to disturb that peace and ignite the human race in war once more.

Hi everyone.  ^.^  I've been doing some world-building for an RP game that would take place in the future of the core Gundam timeline, Universal Century (i.e. the original timeline with Amuro and Char).  Jumping forward a few hundred years gives some freedom with continuity, and allows us to determine how some decisions depicted in the anime pay off.  And although the setting is firmly in the UC timeline, with all the history therein, I plan to incorporate elements from the other timelines into a lore-friendly amalgam of sorts.  Similar to how every timeline since UC borrows elements from it, I think it will be fun to incorporate concepts from the later timelines back into UC.

BTW, if all this talk of timelines is confusing please don't let it dissuade you.  I'm a lore and continuity junkie, but don't expect other people to share my dorky obsessions.  ~LOL~  Here's everything you need to know -- people fight wars piloting giant space robots.  Awesome, right?? 

If you want more background, here are the basics:

Nerdy Gundam History 101
  • The Earth became so overpopulated that 9 billion people had to be relocated to orbiting space colonies (leaving 3 billion privileged people remaining on the planet).
  • They expect the Earth to require several centuries free of mankind to heal itself before humanity can return.
  • A major technological discovery, Minovsky Particles, created nearly limitless clean energy, but also had the side-effect of rendering all radar, radio, and similar equipment useless.  This drastically changed the face of warfare -- no more radar tracking or radio communications.  Soldiers and pilots can only fire at what they can see.
  • The "Mobile Suit", giant robot mecha with human pilots, becomes the primary weapon of war.  Their humanoid shapes make it easier to track targets in the 360-degree environment of space as well as fire weapons via iron sights.
  • After generations living in space, evolution in humans is accelerated.  This gives rise to "newtypes" -- humans adapted for life in space.  Common traits among newtypes include heightened reflexes, a type of psychic danger sense, and the ability to sense the presence of other newtypes nearby.  Other, far more rare, newtypes could also speak telepathically, use astral projection, see into the future, and even psychokinetically project their emotions into their mobile suits.
  • One of the colonies declared themselves the "Principality of Zeon" and attempted to secede from the Earth Federation.  This sparked the "One Year War".
  • Between the use of nuclear weapons and Zeon pushing a colony out of orbit to drop on Sydney, Australia, more than six billion human lives are lost in the first month of hostilities.
  • The Earth Federation and Zeon sign The Alaska Accords and set how wars are to be fought in this new era of space colonies.  Both sides agree to ban all use of nuclear weapons.  Additionally, Zeon agrees to outlaw Colony Drops and the Federation agrees to not use space colonies for military R&D.
  • The Earth Federation creates powerful mobile suits called "Gundams" to fight Zeon.
  • In brief, there are a series of wars and conflicts but by the end of the First Century UC the Earth Federation is victorious.

Those are the basic traits of the Universal Century timeline.  Gundam has been running in one form or another since 1979, and over the decades have created other timelines for their stories.  For the sake of simplicity, think of each timeline as a completely separate reality with no connections to each other.  There are similarities (themes, powerful mobile suits called Gundam, etc), but do not share any of the same characters or history.  For example, the most popular Gundam story in the West is Gundam Wing.  This story takes place in the After Colony timeline and is wholly separate from the Universal Century timeline.  Likewise for the Cosmic Era timeline (Gundam SEED), Post Disaster timeline (Iron Blooded Orphans, the series currently airing), etc.

And here is some background for the setting of this game.  Three hundred years later, some things have changed for Earth...

Life in 0422UC
There are no more "Newtypes" and "Oldtypes".  Instead there are simply Earthers (who live on the surface of Earth and Mars -- although they prefer "Martian") and Spacenoids (the overwhelming majority of humanity who live in orbiting space colonies).  The basic traits that set newtypes apart from oldtypes in the first century are now commonplace and assumed in all spacenoids.  This includes heightened spatial awareness, psychically sensing the presence of fellow spacenoids and a keen danger sense.  However, the more fantastical abilities of first century newtypes (telepathy, precognition, astral projection, etc) are considered the stuff of legends and found only in the imaginations of children and over-the-top holovids.

Only about 1% of humanity lives on the surface of Earth, with the majority residing in colonies orbiting Earth and Jupiter.  Officially, those living on Earth fall into one of three categories: ecological scientists, those servicing the tourism industry, and fugitives hiding on the surface illegally.  Federation scientists have recently announced that they expect recolonization of Earth to begin within a few years.  This news is largely ignored by a population that has come to view life in space colonies as the norm and think of Earthers as "old fashioned", or in a similar light to how modern people may look at the Amish.  Many spacenoids also revere the Earth as a religious symbol that should not be tainted by mankind ever again -- some of whom resort to fanatical terrorist tactics to hinder the recolonization of their blue and pure world.

Entertainment in 0422 UC is much as it was in the first century, save for an increase in Earth tourism.  Also, over the last decade a new sport has taken the colonies by storm -- Build Fighters.  Build Fighter is a gladiator-style combat game where competitors build and customize 1/144 scale models of mobile suits and then pilot them in holographic simulated battles.  Tournaments often are one-on-one or teams of three, with an under 18 junior division and over 18 senior division.

Genetic manipulation has become commonplace.  Virtually all children have some manner of adjustment made to their DNA that grants immunity to most diseases, as well as cosmetic changes -- brightly chromatic hair colors are especially popular.  There are certain restrictions enforced by the government (altering ethnicity, human-animal hybrids, increasing physical and mental capabilities beyond what is considered natural, etc)  However, underground and highly illegal "Body Shops" will provide some of these services for a hefty fee.

Factions in 0422UC

EARTH SPHERE -- The Earth Federation
The Earth Federation (and its military arm the EFSF) is still the dominant government in 0422.  Federation territory includes the Earth, moon, all colonies orbiting Earth, and the Mars Sphere (although they mostly leave the martians to govern themselves).  In the centuries since the One Year War, more and more of the Federation's citizens have voluntarily left the planet for life in the colonies.  The capital has been moved to Londenion (a space colony at Side 1), and today spacenoids are governed by fellow spacenoids. 

The Federation is the most stable of the factions, having enjoyed several decades of peace they are mostly content.  However there are a few issues currently being debated among the people and senate of Earth:
  • Munzo (the capital space colony of Side 3) is due to be decommissioned, an act that has brought criticism from the conservative members of the government who feel it should be treated as a historic monument with respects paid as the birthplace and capital of the Principality of Zeon.  The younger citizens of the Federation in particular embrace their Zeon heritage and consider it a point of pride to be descended from its members.  Zeon is also viewed as a tragic story about the importance of fighting for your beliefs no matter the sacrifice or consequences.
  • The Earth is expected to be open to recolonization soon.  There are ongoing debates regarding if humanity should recolonize Earth, who should be permitted to, and how should a growing Earther population be governed.  There are also fears of violence and terrorism from fanatical religious orders that oppose polluting Gaia with the taint of humanity.
  • Relations with ZAFT are peaceful, but tense.  The two major factions are in a cold war state with propaganda being the only weapon openly used.  Although the Earth Federation vastly outnumbers ZAFT, the Zodiac Alliance controls all trade from Jupiter and has pulled ahead in technology.  The two factions are also competing for Saturn's resources.

MARS SPHERE
Although technically an Earth Federation Territory, Mars is mostly left to itself.  Earth colonized Mars in the 3rd century UC. Following a quick rush, the planet was stripped clean of its few resources and swiftly abandoned in favor of the more profitable Jupiter.

Today Mars is terraformed with a breathable atmosphere, Earth-like gravity, and desert-like climate.  It's also considered to be a lawless land.  It has an old west vibe... a wretched hive of scum and villainy.  There is only one station in orbit over the planet which serves as a Federation garrison and inspects all transports entering and leaving Mars space.  Rumor persists of a secret Federation military lab hidden in the deserts of Mars, and of a subterranean alien race, but so far these rumors remain unfounded.

Iron is the planet's only export of note, and is generally considered a planet that's not worth the effort and resources needed to keep populated.

JUPITER SPHERE -- The Zodiac Alliance for Fair Trade (ZAFT)
Following the collapse of the Jupiter Empire in the early 0140s, Earth megacorporations established orbital PLANT-type colonies around Jupiter to mine the gas giant.  Soon conflicts broke out over trade disputes, mining rights, and blockades preventing competitors from transporting goods to and from Earth. This led to decades of conflict and ultimately all-out war between the orbital colonies and the Earth corporations which owned them. In the end, the twelve Jovian Colonies (each named after astrological symbols) united together to fight back against their corporate overlords. They formed a new government upon the remains of the old Jupiter Empire known as the Zodiac Alliance for Fair Trade (or ZAFT), and secured their independence from Earth. Now, decades later, they control all trade between Earth and Jupiter.

Life in the ZAFT colonies is very similar to that of the Earth Federation, although the culture is more focused on work and advancement.  They often view the citizens of the Federation as soft and lazy, and will accept victory at any cost.   It is openly acknowledged that ZAFT scientists are experimenting with genetic augmentation and artificially accelerating human evolution -- a prospect that has raised concerns in the Federation.

ZAFT's control of Jupiter's abundant resources also gives them economic leverage over the Earth Federation.

SATURN SPHERE
Recent scientific discoveries suggest that liquid metallic hydrogen, found in abundance in Saturn, could have far-reaching applications and be the biggest technological breakthrough since the discovery of Minovsky Particles.  The Earth Federation and ZAFT have both begun exploring the planet in hopes of establishing permanent outposts, or even full-fledged colonies to mine the planet. 

The first step to a long-term presence in the Saturn Sphere would be colonizing Titan.  Although neither has established a permanent settlement on the moon, both the Federation and ZAFT claim ownership.

Technology in 0422UC

Most of the technological advancements since the first century have been in the area of space flight, transport and interstellar communications.  Once free from a planet's gravity well, modern starships reach a cruising speed of over 1,000,000 mph (.0015c).  A standard trip between the Earth and Mars takes roughly a day and a half each way (15 days to Jupiter).

Minovsky drives remain the primary source of energy for starships, colonies and mobile suits.  And Minovsky interference continues to disrupt radar, radio, communications and most forms of active sensors.

Mobile Suits continue to be the main weapon of war, but true Gundams have not seen the field since the second century.  The moon has long since been stripped of every source of lunar titanium (the key material used to armor Gundam-class mobile suits), and salvaging usable lunar titanium alloy from the wreckage of first century Gundams has been fruitless.  The last few surviving Gundams are nothing but museum pieces in 0422.

Similarly, some technology that was dependent on first century newtype pilots are no longer in use.  This includes features such as funnels and psychoframes.  The mobile suits currently deployed by both the Earth Federation and ZAFT bear a closer resemblance to "grunt suits" such as the Jegan, Jesta, and ReZEL than the flashier (and more powerful) Gundam-types (including Zeon equivalents like the Sazabi and Sinanju).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that's the setting in a (apologetically large) nutshell.  This is an interest check thread, so I'm curious to hear who would be interested in joining this RP, what role they foresee playing, what in the setting still needs to be fleshed out, and if you have any preference for using a RPG rule system (probably Mutants and Masterminds or Robotech/Macross/Palladium), or just keeping things freeform.

Also, of course, if you have any questions please feel free to let me know here or over PM.

TL;DR Giant space robots go pew, pew, pew Ka-BOOOM!

Yukina

I love Gundam, so I have to join. :) I think I'll be play a meek, but well-trained pilot that probably uses one of the grunt suits (unless a better opportunity arises).

(Also, Jegan only has one "e")

That One Dingus

I've wanted to get into a Gundam game for a while, but I've felt really intimidated by the ton of established lore about characters and places. Would you be welcoming to a newcomer?

The character concept is a little against the common type in Gundam: this big guy who was raised in the bayous of Louisiana. No matter how much terraforming is done, I feel like there will always be a section of the Everglades that simply cannot be tamed. His family would have been one of the extremely poor families that have a subsistence living feeding off the local wildlife and trading for supplies. Are there still poor people living in isolated patches in the less desirable corners of Earth, or is it all strictly the rich people and ecological scientists? If living in the bayou isn't an option, I suppose I could make him into a Martian. Just a real "primitive" by Spacenoid standards. I can't decide exactly if I want him to be a pilot or just an infantry grunt.
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)

Vyxenne

QuoteI love Gundam, so I have to join. :)

Yay! 

Quote(Also, Jegan only has one "e")

That's, ummm... the old fashioned, first century way of spelling it.  Like spelling "Shop" with two p's and an e.  In the fifth century they spell it with double e's.

Kidding... I'll go fix it....

QuoteI've wanted to get into a Gundam game for a while, but I've felt really intimidated by the ton of established lore about characters and places. Would you be welcoming to a newcomer?

Of course!  A big reason why I like placing the game in the future is to remove it far enough from anime's continuity that people won't need to know every minute detail.  In 0422 most of the citizens probably don't know the details either.  Sure, they know life started on Earth, they polluted it so bad they had to move to space colonies, there was a war with Zeon, etc.  But in broad strokes... only history buffs would know more.  And even then certain elements have either been suppressed or removed through propaganda -- like people who could see the future and astral project.  That's just crazy talk!

QuoteIf living in the bayou isn't an option, I suppose I could make him into a Martian. Just a real "primitive" by Spacenoid standards.

I think in this vision of 0422 he'd be considered real primitive.  He'd have been super isolated growing up.  Which isn't to say it's impossible, but he'd definitely be viewed like a caveman/inbred hillbilly/borderline feral wildman.  Which actually sounds like an interesting guy to have around.  ~LOL~

QuoteI can't decide exactly if I want him to be a pilot or just an infantry grunt.

Still plenty of time to figure that all out.  I wasn't sure if I should make the call as to who the players would be (for example, the crew of an Earth Federation starship), or just first see where people's interest was.  But we'll have to find consensus eventually... if we have a bunch of people wanting to be mobile suit pilots and you the lone ground infantryman, it'll be very difficult to work you into scenes with them.

But that's putting the cart waaaay before the horse.

Sessha

This looks like it could be really fun to play in. So I'll go ahead and put my name in the hat for it.

Also for those of you looking for another unique gundam experience I give you a link to Mac84's Gundam Girls game. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=225345.0
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Mac84

SIEG ZEON!

...What, too soon? Or late rather. :P

sweet! A gundam game that I'm not trying to start up. XD

Seriously though, the Time Frame, and whatnot is an excellent place to start. to build up on what has happened canonically, but at the same time with enough time in between to really allow the GM, and Player freedom to establish their own story/Plot!

I'll put my name down for tentative interest as well for a grunt suit pilot.

Also, WELCOME TO E, Vyenne! XD I'm sure you're going to love this place! It is a wonderful den of lunatics, and perverts. So basically some of the best people on the planet!

Zenkai

(wow, I never realized those O'Neills can look so... phallic.)

Want.

A rules-light system would make it more palatable I believe. I have suggestions if you want them.

Vyxenne

QuoteThis looks like it could be really fun to play in. So I'll go ahead and put my name in the hat for it.

Awesome!

QuoteSeriously though, the Time Frame, and whatnot is an excellent place to start. to build up on what has happened canonically, but at the same time with enough time in between to really allow the GM, and Player freedom to establish their own story/Plot!

Exactly!!   ;D

QuoteAlso, WELCOME TO E, Vyenne! XD I'm sure you're going to love this place! It is a wonderful den of lunatics, and perverts. So basically some of the best people on the planet!

Thanks!  I've been around for a couple months now, but so far everyone has been very welcoming!

Quote(wow, I never realized those O'Neills can look so... phallic.)

*snicker*

QuoteA rules-light system would make it more palatable I believe. I have suggestions if you want them.

Sure, I'm open to suggestions.  From the looks of things, I'm betting most people will want to avoid rules and just keep it freeform.  But I do like having systems in place... maybe freeform for normal posting, and use a rules system should anyone want to play Build Fighter.

The 2 systems I think I'm most likely to use are M&M, because its point-buy system is super flexible and each person would be able to customize their mobile suit, or Robotech (Macross/Palladium) because I have had a lot of success running play-by-post games with it in the past.  It's a terribly, terribly flawed system, but it's super easy and allows multiple (6 or so) actions each turn (post) so it keeps things moving briskly in a play-by-post format.

That One Dingus

I do have the rules of Mutants & Masterminds, but I've never been in a game where it got off the ground, so I am familiar unfamiliar with character creation.

I also do not possess any sort of Robotech rules, so I would need to be steered through character creation.
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)

Sessha

Having played both of the systems honestly I would say go with the M&M. It's an easier system to work with.

Yukina

Mac84

HOLY SUPER-DIMENSIONAL-FORTRESSES BATMAN!

You're a Robotech/Macross Fan too!? O.O!!!!

As far as systems go, I've never really been in a game that used it so I can't say for certain one way or the other on it.

Sasquatch421

(Looks through the Factions and has a sudden need to watch Martian Successor Nadesico... Must have something to do with Jovians?)

I'll put down tentative interest... Been a Gundam fan since the '80's but I'm not a person that does system style games. I will warn that I'm a slower poster as well...

akirakaneda

I'm showing my interest right here right now, oh by the way could we roleplay with mechas that doesn't belong to the gundam universe?

Vyxenne

QuoteI do have the rules of Mutants & Masterminds, but I've never been in a game where it got off the ground, so I am familiar unfamiliar with character creation.

Yeah, I feel your pain.  I've never been in an M&M game that lasted long-term (but am in a couple now that have promise).  Here's a link to the free SRD... it has most of the basic information: http://www.d20herosrd.com/

The character creation rules are here: http://www.d20herosrd.com/character-creation

And a neat tool a lot of people use is HeroLab: http://www.wolflair.com/index.php?context=hero_lab  It's not free, but what you can do is run it in its demo environment to create a character and then copy the stats to a character sheet or take a picture of the screen (the demo version doesn't let you save).

One major downside of M&M character creation is there is a lot of math involved.  In fact, I think if we decide to go that way I'd likely take it on myself to stat out all the mobile suits and then each person could customize within limits.  It'd be much easier for a novice to take a sheet and move a few points around than build one from scratch.

QuoteI also do not possess any sort of Robotech rules, so I would need to be steered through character creation.

They're the same rules as Rifts, if you're familiar with that.  MUCH more rigid than M&M.  It's class-based instead of points.  And there are no rules on creating things like mobile suits, so I'd have to put in the time needed to stat everything out to the best of my ability (which likely would mean taking existing Macross/Robotech mecha and just slapping on a new name... "the VF-11 is now a ReZEL!").  BUT, IMO, it's a very easy system to play on message boards.

QuoteHOLY SUPER-DIMENSIONAL-FORTRESSES BATMAN!

You're a Robotech/Macross Fan too!? O.O!!!!

~LOL~ That's surprising?  I'd figure the Venn Diagram of Macross and Gundam fans would basically be a solid circle.  :P  Macross (well, Robotech) was the first anime I ever really got into and I was active on a Macross RPG forum for almost 10 years.  Although I'm behind... I haven't watched Macross Frontier or Delta yet.

QuoteI'm not a person that does system style games.

Well, nothing is etched in stone... we're just talking and checking interest right now.  I will say though that I'm a little nervous trying to run a game with combat and not having a system in place.  I've never done that before and worry if everyone's left to their own devices every combat encounter would be over in 5 seconds with someone just writing "I shoot them all and move on".  Dice rolls and numbers at least keeps things balanced and in check (somewhat).

Quoteoh by the way could we roleplay with mechas that doesn't belong to the gundam universe?

If you mean literally from another universe, no.  This isn't going to be a Gundam-Macross-Evangelion-Escaflowne mash-up game.  That said, we'll very likely need to steal artwork from non-Gundam sources to represent mobile suits, starships and the like since there is no official art for the 5th century setting.  But everything would need to be lore-friendly and look like it belongs in the Universal Century.  And also within acceptable power limits... especially at the start we're talking grunt suits.  Standard infantry... walking (flying) tanks that are the rank and file and not anything flashy or unique (that sort of think may come later... this is a Gundam story, after all).  ;)

Sessha

Well if you want stuff that looks close enough than here you go.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Vyxenne on September 24, 2016, 09:28:19 PM
Well, nothing is etched in stone... we're just talking and checking interest right now.  I will say though that I'm a little nervous trying to run a game with combat and not having a system in place.  I've never done that before and worry if everyone's left to their own devices every combat encounter would be over in 5 seconds with someone just writing "I shoot them all and move on".  Dice rolls and numbers at least keeps things balanced and in check (somewhat).

How much of a combat focus are you thinking? Heavy combat, sure a system could come in handy but if one goes in favor of character interaction with some lighter combat you might be able to get away with a sandbox combat style. Could also have some fun with it if you decide to run with the system style Gundam Build Fighters game within a game... Those of us that aren't huge online system players could cut our teeth on that without slowing things down. Then when we get a handle on that maybe ease the main game into a system as the story moves along?

Vyxenne

QuoteWell if you want stuff that looks close enough than here you go.

Approved!  :D

QuoteHow much of a combat focus are you thinking?

It is Gundam, so I would expect combat to play a pivotal role.  The direction the story goes will probably be decided by the outcome of combat.  How often and how much is hard to say... but I think battles will be important.

QuoteCould also have some fun with it if you decide to run with the system style Gundam Build Fighters game within a game... Those of us that aren't huge online system players could cut our teeth on that without slowing things down. Then when we get a handle on that maybe ease the main game into a system as the story moves along?

That was my original thought for including Build Fighters in the game... and my expectation was most people would not want to use a heavy system.

But here's my concern... The only play-by-post game I've ever been a part of that made it long term (over 5 years of consistent posting) was a Macross game that used the Robotech RPG rules.  Every single freeform game I've ever been a part of has collapsed because of too many cooks in the kitchen.  Without a "GM" to manage things, things get messy.  Different players have different opinions on the tone of the game, players start their own storylines only to see them crushed by the decisions of others, etc. 

Using combat as an example, if the original Gundam Series was a freeform game (at least the few I've been involved in), Writer #1 has a GREAT, EPIC idea for a story about this complex antagonist named Char Aznable.  But given the first opportunity, Writer #2 kills Char off.  Because they can.  Or finds some other way to derail Writer #1's awesome plan, which leads them to leave the game.

I don't want to come off like a control freak, but my experience with freeform games has not been the best... it makes me very nervous.  :-(

Mac84

Quote~LOL~ That's surprising?  I'd figure the Venn Diagram of Macross and Gundam fans would basically be a solid circle.  :P  Macross (well, Robotech) was the first anime I ever really got into and I was active on a Macross RPG forum for almost 10 years.  Although I'm behind... I haven't watched Macross Frontier or Delta yet.

To be honest, yeah It is. How I first heard of Gundam was from a comic Book Shop owner that when on like a 30 minute tirade on how Macross/Robotech stole all its ideas from Gundam (shakes Head) What're ya going to do. :P

Depending, I would rather play a grunt Pilot. I find they're far more interesting. Which is why I like the Zaku II, Gouf Custom, and Ground Type Gundam. I include the ground type in that it is a production Gundam, and the way it looks makes me think of a "Grunt" suit, in all the best ways possible. :D

People like Norris Packard, The Black Tri-Stars, Ramba Ral, Bernie. They were all very interesting characters that didn't pilot Gundams!

One though maybe this.

Since this takes place just over 300 years into the future. Beam Weapons have become so common/Stable/Powerful, that their deterents/Shields have become equally powerful/reliable. Thus Old ballistics Weapons have not been completely removed from the arena of battle. Like when the Bulletproof Vests were first introduced, and became wide spread. It was found that a common Knife could defeat them.

I hope any of this makes sense. :P

Vyxenne

QuoteSince this takes place just over 300 years into the future. Beam Weapons have become so common/Stable/Powerful, that their deterents/Shields have become equally powerful/reliable. Thus Old ballistics Weapons have not been completely removed from the arena of battle. Like when the Bulletproof Vests were first introduced, and became wide spread. It was found that a common Knife could defeat them.

I was actually thinking something like the Hyaku Shiki's beam-resistant coating might have been perfected and become the standard.  Not everything would be gold, but it would be assumed that all mobile suits and armors were coated in a layer of beam-resistant material that greatly reduced their effectiveness.  Which would make kinetic weapons more common and open the door for a new type of advanced energy weapon to be introduced.

I very much like the idea of starting small... grunt suits, kinetic weapons, "normal" pilots... and then growing and progressing to super advanced Gundams, flashy energy weapons, "special" pilots, etc.

Sessha

In that case I kind of know where I want to come from. Say what you will on how stupid or cheezy or dumb and repeditive and all other forms of hate against it but I like the SEED universe and yes it does help that a good number of the characters are nice to look it. Yeah so sue me for liking pretty things. :D So I'll be making my character from PLANT.

Mac84

Hmm, I'll probably keep my pilot "Normal". I kinda like the idea of a grunt. Perhaps a descent of Zeon. Family fought in the One Year War on the Zeon side. Fought under Ramba Ral on Earth, and then when the battle was moved to Space, Fought underneath Dozel Zabi. :D

Still working on details.

Vyxenne

Quote...but I like the SEED universe and yes it does help that a good number of the characters are nice to look it. Yeah so sue me for liking pretty things.

You'll get no argument from me on that point.  :)  I imagine the Hawke Sisters could make a lengthy tour of duty very tolerable.  ;)

QuoteSo I'll be making my character from PLANT.

Cool!  So here's my question to you.  If the game centers on a Federation ship and her crew, how would you like to participate (and feel free to PM me if you prefer).  For example, would you be on the ship too?  If so, why/how?  Would you prefer to have your own story (and other ZAFT players, if there are any) that would run parallel to the Fed game?  Or how else would you prefer to be written in?  I have a few ideas, but would like to hear yours first.

QuoteStill working on details.

No rush.  It may be another week before I have things in place to start anyway.

Sessha

I'm not exactly sure to be honest with you. I'll have to think on it some more.

Mac84