Good Work Never Ends [PATHFINDER]

Started by Ghostwheel, October 13, 2013, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwheel

For abilities--again, as it states in the text, it's +4 enhancement to ALL ability scores, +7 bonus to ONE ability score (replaces level up benefits, tomes, wishes, etc), and ANOTHER +7 bonus spread amongst ALL ability scores apart from the one that got +7 before in any combination (so you could add +7 to another stat if you wanted, or +3/+2/+1/+1, and so on).

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 18, 2013, 06:23:01 PM
Kinda confused on how weapon bonuses work. Especially because Soulknives normally get a +4 enhancement bonus and +6 worth of enchantments on their soulblade at this level.

Quote from: Balanced Wealth
Soulknife - Until level 4, the soulknife's mindblade does not become magical. However, at that level it counts as an extra Least item. At level 7 it becomes a Lesser item, and at level 14 a Greater item.

So treat it as a Greater item, which means you can add one boost enhancement, one damage enhancement, and have it be made (considered to be made of) any material.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 18, 2013, 07:26:56 PM
A problem that comes up with the wealth system is that there are a couple of Soulknife abilities that allow you to raise your bonuses for two weapons to the bonus that you'd have for a single weapon >.>

Following the rules, you'd need to split up the bonus (so one lower bonus in two weapons), as the variant supersedes specific classes in how magical weapons work.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 19, 2013, 01:51:34 AM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=684566

Need to know what kind of gear I can get.....

My idea for this character is that, mechanics wise, they'll be using Twin Strike + Vital Strike to be making two 3d6+12 +3d8 attacks per turn (the wording of Twin Strike is "when making" which implies as part of rather than exclusionary to any other bonuses). Fluff wise, an accomplished duelist who has made a name for themselves across the land.

Sounds good, but while we can finish character sheets after I choose people if necessary, it would be much better if you had your completed background/appearance/etc up since I'll be deciding based on those.

ShadowFox89

What's the ruling on the cat-armor that Phia asked about, since I'd be interested in it too?

And yeah, I'll work on the fluff today... probably going with the duelist idea.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 18, 2013, 02:34:57 PM
From what I'm reading, it would count as a lesser item, since it's not just an enhancement or two, but an item in its own right. Just replace the +1 with +4 from the table.

ShadowFox89

Sorry, it must have gotten lost in all the conversation >.<

So if I grab the Catskin Armor..... I apologize for the many questions, I'm just trying to figure out this system.... Do armor and weapons count towards the "five magic items max"?

For items, besides the catskin armor, I'd like to grab:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/equipment/psionic-items/universal-items#TOC-Third-Eyes
- Third Eye Sense
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/rods/rod-of-flame-extinguishing
- Never know when someone casts Wall of Fire to make an escape!
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/boots-of-striding-and-springing
- Speed increase is always nice, let's a melee'r get into combat faster.
And
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/shirt-unfettered
- Oddly, the shirt doesn't specify that you can split up the time across multiple uses in the day.

For fluff... I'm looking at making her a wandering duelist. Possibly born in Noxus, with Elans being a result of Noxian necromantic magic? I figure her to have been trying not to make too big a name for herself, avoiding large competitions and the like.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 19, 2013, 05:10:22 AM
For abilities--again, as it states in the text, it's +4 enhancement to ALL ability scores, +7 bonus to ONE ability score (replaces level up benefits, tomes, wishes, etc), and ANOTHER +7 bonus spread amongst ALL ability scores apart from the one that got +7 before in any combination (so you could add +7 to another stat if you wanted, or +3/+2/+1/+1, and so on).

That case....I miss some stat bonuses yay!

*starts scribe eagerly down*

Anyways, background, personality and appearance done and so is the charsheet. If there are some problems with my background or such give me a note please :).

I think max five magic items count weapons, armor, shields etc into the cap. While wands, scrolls, potions etc which have one use or charges which cannot be renewed are not counted towards it. Staffs in pathfinder have charges also but they can be recharged and so would count likely towards five magic item cap.

Ghostwheel

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 19, 2013, 06:22:25 AMDo armor and weapons count towards the "five magic items max"?

Yes, unless they're non-magical (in which case you only get the enhancement bonus from the chart). Remember, you get 3 least items, 3 lesser items, but can only gain the benefit of 5 at a time.

And Ionia, what with the psionic nature of Elans and such, would probably be a better fit overall.

ShadowFox89

Do class-granted items count against the limit?

Scratch that, was too tired to remember/notice that they're "extra" items.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ebb

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 18, 2013, 06:14:12 PM
Do we roll HP or take average?

First post of the thread says Max HP per level.

Phaia

GW!, since i see you like Deadpool and a while back i was in a marvel group with someone that played him roitousily
i thought i would let my former character give DP some needed guidance

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

phaia

ShadowFox89

After getting some help from the nice folks on the Legend IRC (not League of Legends, but Legend RPG system), I've come up with a bit of a skeleton for my character's background....

As a child, Tsurai arrived in Ionia on a boat that had markings of the Shadow Isles. She lived in Ionia for many years, learning the Wuju Style. Her hot-headedness made life there unsuitable however, as she often clashed with the elders. She left Ionia around the age of eighteen, heading for Zaun. There, she made a name for herself as a duelist and bodyguard, protecting merchants from assassins and challenging gang leaders in the underworld when not on the job.

Tsurai first came in contact with the Institute when word came of Noxus's war with Ionia. She returned to the island that she knew as her home for so many years, aiding in it's defense. Tsurai tore through the Noxian lines, but like the other defenders of Ionia knew they were being pushed back. When Ionia declared it's intention to join the League, Tsurai left, discontent with such an idea.

As she left Ionia, the Institute of War approached her. They made her an offer; work for them, and they could help her find the reason for her wanderlust. Curious, and wishing to know more of just where it was she came from, Tsurai accepted.

I hope that works... I'm not terribly familiar with the LoL lore, and there doesn't appear to be a good timeline of things.. I can adjust the age if needed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Phaia on October 19, 2013, 03:34:50 PM
GW!, since i see you like Deadpool and a while back i was in a marvel group with someone that played him roitousily
i thought i would let my former character give DP some needed guidance

phaia

The yellow boxes give Deadpool all the guidance he needs :P

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 19, 2013, 04:17:40 PM
After getting some help from the nice folks on the Legend IRC (not League of Legends, but Legend RPG system), I've come up with a bit of a skeleton for my character's background....

As a child, Tsurai arrived in Ionia on a boat that had markings of the Shadow Isles. She lived in Ionia for many years, learning the Wuju Style. Her hot-headedness made life there unsuitable however, as she often clashed with the elders. She left Ionia around the age of eighteen, heading for Zaun. There, she made a name for herself as a duelist and bodyguard, protecting merchants from assassins and challenging gang leaders in the underworld when not on the job.

Tsurai first came in contact with the Institute when word came of Noxus's war with Ionia. She returned to the island that she knew as her home for so many years, aiding in it's defense. Tsurai tore through the Noxian lines, but like the other defenders of Ionia knew they were being pushed back. When Ionia declared it's intention to join the League, Tsurai left, discontent with such an idea.

As she left Ionia, the Institute of War approached her. They made her an offer; work for them, and they could help her find the reason for her wanderlust. Curious, and wishing to know more of just where it was she came from, Tsurai accepted.

I hope that works... I'm not terribly familiar with the LoL lore, and there doesn't appear to be a good timeline of things.. I can adjust the age if needed.

Sounds good.

ShadowFox89

I just need to get my 5 other items (2 lesser and 3 least).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

Zhara stepped to the balcony as she sipped the chilled wine. It was an excellent vintage she had to give the man that credit at least. As the, to her, foul scented night breeze caressed her nude body she wondered again how anyone could live in a place like Zaun. The day was grey hued, the air filled with odors and things she really did not want to think about yet everyone here seemed to not mind and she did fine all sorts of things in the shops. Lucky for her the night was no better, dark shadows choked what lights lit the city and for one such as her that gave her a great advantage.

Turning back into the room she glanced at the dead male's body sprawled nude over the large bed. She had been sent to this city to deliver a message for the Institute. The man on the bed was the chief supplier for Singed, the Mad Chemist and by now if all had went according to plan the man's shop was aflame and the chemist's lab being ransacked. She had spent freely the gold the Institute had provided so she was sure that what she had desired had happened. She no idea why the Institute had wanted to send a message to Singed, who was off doing something or other. They did not normally tell her things like that but clearly they wanted to get Singed's attention.

She walked with a sensual grace to her things that had been left as a pool on the floor. Reaching up she tugged off the brown haired wig that had hid her raven locks and then removed the colored lenses from her eyes. Stuffing them into a small pack she slipped on the black armor and calf boots then hooked the metal linked black belt around her slim waist.

She gave the dead man a pat on his chest as she took a last sip of the wine, he had been a decent tumble after all, and she had had far worst in her day. She walked to the balcony and dove over the side. She was over a 100 feet up and the nearest other building was across the wide street but that did not matter as she whispered a word and tiny wings sprung from the heels of her boots and lifted her into the night sky.

It was two hours later as she rode away from Zaun, she had gathered her pet homunculus and sent it to scout ahead and the shadow that had become her follower darted from place to place in front of her. She knew that many at the institute thought she was evil for having a shadow with her now but since she had become a dancer in the shadows it just seemed normal to have 'Alfred' along. It was useful even if it could not make shadow spawns of those it killed. Zhara had not thought much about her past but tales of her peoples history made her mind wandered a bit as she rode.

Many many years ago her people had lived in a city called Urtistan. It was said her own family were the leaders of the great city and the greatest of them a grandsire named Zilean strove to unravel the nature of time itself. The city fell while Zilean was caught off deep in his research. The few survivors fled northward, all changed by the massive releases of magic that had ravaged the city. It took time but the survivors found a place near the city of Noxus. In time they became part of the new lands and save for legends spoken around fires and old books held by her own family they forgot where they came from.

Zhara was just 16 when she heard a rumor that came out of the recently formed Institute of War that spoke of a cursed one from the ruins of Urtistan, a being called Zilean. She went herself as the then oldest child of her family to see if it was true. At the Institute she met the being, the man, her grandsire and formed a bound. He desperately wanted to restore Urtistan, to try and save his people. Her heart bonded with his in the need to find a cure and so she too joined the Institute and discovered things about herself she had not imaged.

A few days later she rode into the great tower and made her report and awaited her next job!

My background and history for Zhara she is a 10th level rogue /4th shadowdancer and is neutral [i will have the sheet finished in the next day or so]

phaia

ShadowFox89

Looks like there's at least three applicants who can be very stealthy....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

she is more then just stealthy she is a bane to those that use magic her sneak attack is also a dispelling attack and her base to start is a 10 +d20 a normal roll with twin attacks and she dispells 4th level spells on the being...so she is not well liked by many summoners..didnt go into that in the story i did

phaia

Phaia

another pc grabbibg catskin armor hmmm? guess i will have to go with something else. the black armor was part of the idea conception for zhara

i guess bracers can work as well and can wear normal clothes

phaia

ShadowFox89

Eh? Don't worry about sharing the same armor.... it isn't like it's exclusive >.>

There aren't very many options for high-dex armor wearers, sadly.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

what can of character do youhave anyway shadow

and yes zhara has a 30 dex so eithet bracers enchated cloths or the catskin

phaia

ShadowFox89

Nimble Blade Souknife, fluff wise she's a duelist who appeared one day as a child on a boat from Shadow Isle in Ionia.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

psionic class? never done them before

phaia

ShadowFox89

Not really psionic, you don't get any power or such. Soulknife gives you a melee weapon and is based around it.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Phaia

hey GW, how ya doing this nice day!!

we talked about her having a homumculus..just found she can take a rogue talent and gain a familair would you allow the homunculus to be that familar and to compensate for not having the improved familiar feat i would be willing to take it as a least item like it was decided?

i also just releized there is another rogue character built- spell thief- i am more then wi  ll ing to build a different class since y do not need 2 rogues and maybe a ninja girl ...i no problem reding things in the nxt day to build a bard...would be fast and dirty to start with but i can do it

phaia

Anon315

Name: Wyren Alsatt
Class: Marksman 14
Role: Shooting All The Things

There are some amazing archers in the league. Ashe and Varus are foremost among the champions, but there is another who receives far less screen time and publicity: Wyren Alsatt. Hailing from the Shurima Desert, the bow was a matter of life and death for Wyren from a young age. Possessing great mental aptitude but not the sight the desert tribes seek out, he was fairly overlooked. He is part of a delegation to the Institute of War seeking to rectify the fact that Shurima is not considered a city-state, and thusly not entitled to an assembly chair, by demonstrating their value and their validity.

Wyren safeguards some members of the envoy to the institute, and he safeguards them with extreme prejudice. A likeable enough fellow elsewhere, he is ruthless to those who threaten his charges, if they aren't bringing it upon themselves. After all, if you dig your own hole he's not going to pull you out. He supports his land before his kinsmen.

At current he has no great ambition, only to see the betterment of Shurima, a return to what it once was (if such were possible), and the revitalization of its people and lands.

Background
Born in the nomadic tribes that still roam the Shurima desert, Wyren was used to moving around from a young age. As a youth he had little time for the frivolities that most city children might be allowed. He was too busy killing small animals, skinning them, and sharpening their bones to use as arrowheads for the next hunt. Generally considered a bit too serious while growing, he never took the time to establish the normal relationships. His father was a hunter, his mother was a healer, and so he followed their example and gathered herbs, tended the wounded, and otherwise made himself available. As time went on though, he found himself charged with more duties relating to hunting, he was very good at it after all. His bow was no less a part of him than the arm which held it, he was rarely without it except when bathing, and even then it was not so far away.

As he grew to young adulthood, while the other members of his tribe were pairing off to produce the next generation, or moving between tribes to keep bloodlines fresh, he had no interest. He found women attractive, but he found men no less so. Value for him was found in work, and there were few enough that could match him in that regard, he just worked too hard. When the time came that he was told he should settle down, he left the tribe. Twenty years and they did not understand his heart, how could he find someone who did?

He found it in the seer Malzahar. The void prophet had not yet had his great transformation, being only a visionary, but he advised the young Wyren that his future lay at the Institute of War. Thanking the seer, he ventured onwards as instructed until he found the Institute. On his arrival he was first employed as a guard, but worked his way up to guarding emissaries from threats of other countries, such as the Ionians and Noxans, feuding as they are. In time an emissary from his own land came and he took up the cause of Shurima's gaining a seat.

ShadowFox89

Anon, the enhancement bonuses to ability scores should be marked as temporary bonuses :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Quote from: Phaia on October 19, 2013, 08:26:57 PM
we talked about her having a homumculus..just found she can take a rogue talent and gain a familair would you allow the homunculus to be that familar and to compensate for not having the improved familiar feat i would be willing to take it as a least item like it was decided?

Nope, need to follow the rules on this one--either take Improved Familiar, or have it not advance along with you.

Quote from: Phaia on October 19, 2013, 08:26:57 PM
i also just releized there is another rogue character built- spell thief- i am more then wi  ll ing to build a different class since y do not need 2 rogues and maybe a ninja girl ...i no problem reding things in the nxt day to build a bard...would be fast and dirty to start with but i can do it

Go ahead if you want, just a note that I'll be locking the thread in around 24 hours or so, so I can decide on who I want to keep from the applicants. That said, keep an eye out for any roles in the party that haven't been filled, I'm more likely to accept a diverse set of characters rather than picking 4 characters that fill the same basic role.