Interest check: Firefly (TV-series) based roleplay(sci-fi, western, slaves)

Started by SatanKlaus, November 12, 2012, 12:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurvyKitten

Character sheet:

pic 4
Pic 3
pic 5
pic 6

Name:
Known Name: Levi Evens
Other Physical stuff:
She has scars from her fathers cane along her back and the back of her thighs.
Position:
Entertainer though she'd doubt that would be what caught the captains eye...maybe. Below that talent surface was a woman that knew how to handle just about anyone (well at least with her words). She knows the black market, and knows who has the cash to buy what you’re selling. She doesn't ask question but she does move the goods. If you ask her for something, she either knows it or has it. Or as one of her favorite lines goes, "I know a guy." You want information or contacts, you want to sell something to high rollers, a new identity, or simply want a hell of a song and dance she is your girl. As in her line of business you have to be in the know and in the demand. Not only to make a profit, but to keep yourself alive.

Background:
Elena was born to what some may call a nobleman. Not that she'd ever call her father anything close to noble. No she grew up knowing the truth of what he was. A manipulative, abusive, rat bastard that would sell his own daughter to get ahead. He raised her like she was his prized pony. Only she had no idea that there was ever going to be a race. Elena never wanted for anything while she was growing up. Granted that was usually because her daddy was always trying to buy her off. Ignore me hitting you or your momma and here is a new dolly, or sorry I beat you so bad I left a scar. Here's a pony...she named that damn horse Lost. Because her father and his promises were a lost cause.

She was given the best teachers with all sorts of lessons to keep up with: Lessons in languages, dancing, piano and violin, manners, traditional education, all the things he thought a lady of higher standers would need. And of course all private tutors.  Her father said it was for her own good, but Elena always thought it was simply because he didn't want the outside would to influence her. But even with him trying to hide her away from the world Elena learned about it. One of her teachers always snuck in new, books, pictures, and even a few movies. It made her want to escape the cage she was growing up in that much more.

From the outside it looked perfect, but for anyone that could see the real truth. They knew it was hell for the young woman. Though she did her best to endure till the day she turned 18. When she was finally 18 Elena thought maybe she'd get the chance to get away from her life. But her father had other plans for her. He planned to marry her off to one of his soon to be partners. A man that would further his hold on the planet they called home. And increase his status tenfold if the right cards were played. Elena was to be the thing that sealed the deal for him.

Upon finding out what her father was going to do, Elena refused and everything exploded into a huge fight. Her father struck out against Elena angry that she could even think of going against him. But her mother stepped in the way, the already frail woman didn't stand a chance. Her father struck Elena's mother down. Killing her in one quick shot. He would have turned against her if Nick one of the staff members wouldn't have stepped in. The older man struck her father on the head and knocked him out cold. Having no other choice Nick told Elena that he had to run, and if she was smart she would run too. She agreed to go with the older man. They gathered a few things, and before she left Elena cleaned out her father’s private safe. The bastard deserved it after what he had done to her and her mother.

Elena and Nick ran, Nick posed as her father and got them new identification. To Elena's surprise Nick used to be an old smuggler and was still rather good at what he did, despite being out of the game for so long. He told her that her father used to be a conman, still was just on a whole other level now. It turned out her father built his empire on a web of lies, back handed deals, and now murders. With the next coming months Nick and Elena kept moving. Nick started to teach Elena how the world really worked, along with all the tricks of the trade. Finding out that Elena's father had reported that Nick had killed her mother and kidnapped his daughter. Nick had a price on his head, and Elena a call for her to be returned home safely. Thankfully her father didn't have as much pull as he would have hope when it came to being off world. At least not as much as he used to.

Still as years past and Elena...now Levi grew into from a caged little girl, to a free spirited and strong will woman. She became the woman in the know, you needed something sold. She knew where the buyers were. You needed knew identity chips, she could forge them. You needed information that was hard to come by. She could dig it up. All the while somehow keeping herself unseen, and certainly not caught. Posing as an entertainer to those of hire station.  Not having the training to be a companion, not that she’d ever want to sell her body like that. But she was able to get into places without being that noticed and get to the clients that she knew would buy whatever it was she was selling. Along the way Levi gathers friends and well...acquaintances that she could call upon for just about anything. If she couldn't do it, couldn't get a hold of it, or didn't know it. Levi sure as hell knew someone that could.

And that is where we find Levi now, traveling the skies from planet to planet. Making a comfy living the only way she knows how. The scars are the only things that remain to remind her of her past. And with any luck it will stay that way.

Personality:
Elena aka Levi is a free spirited, strong willed, Willy young woman. She has come from what most may see as a blessed life, but to her was hell. And found a way to come back stronger than ever. She tends to keep her secrets buried so deep even she'd have a hard time finding them. But she is loyal to those that earn her trust, always one to repay a debt, and never one to turn down a good job...or a good time. After all a girl works hard so she can play just as hard.

player information

Scenes I’d like to see my character participate in:
Actions held in her own arrangements, interactions with the crew, maybe something that challenges her to face her past or share more of herself. She may not be much of a fighter (at least from what you'd think by looking at her) but she'd be a good front Wo-man...lol Or the behind the scenes information girl. Hell she may even know of a few jobs already needing a crew to do them.

Sexually she isn't a virgin, but she has never trusted anyone enough to really let herself go or let someone take control. She hasn't had any solid relationships in her life, and usually loves and leaves them. She'd say it was bad for business to hold onto ties like that. But really she is probably just afraid of letting anyone that close. Afraid of ending up like her mother. She is pretty open about sex, though she can't be bought. You want her then give her a reason to want you. She is bi though she hasn't ever been with a woman so the idea of it is still new to her.
Character's Ons: Kissing, touching, licking, bondage, spanking, passion in general. She has had fantasies about the dom/sub lifestyle but has never experienced them.

Character's Offs: mutilation, bathroom play, pain just to cause pain,

attributes and skills

PhysicalSocialMental
Strength 2Presence 3 Knowledge 3
Dexterity 3 Manipulation 3 Wits 3
Stamina 3Composure 2Perception 3
Dodge 1
Athletics 2
Empathy 1
Spacer 1
Stealth1
Hacking 3
forgery 3
performance 4
Etiquette 2
Socialize 2
Subterfuge 1
Merchant(specializing in blackmarket)3

Relationships with other characters

The Line (Ship)
It's a ship, I've been on dozens upon dozens by now. I don't really see the point of thinking more of it. I can't call it home because they never really are. For me they mostly just something that gets me from point A to point B.

Braxton Early(Captain)
He reminds me of my father...and that isn't a compliment. He seems the gentlemen and ever the captain of his crew. But there is just something about him that doesn't sit well. Like I'm waiting for him to lash out on me with that crop of his. God help me and him if he does I don't honestly know what I'll do if he does.

Richard Dawson (First Mate)
Seems like a good enough man, though I do wonder if he ever relaxes a bit. Maybe I'll get him some of that top shelf whiskey and see if I can't get him to open up a bit more. Seems the type of man that if your good to him he'll be good to you.

Lance Daniels (Engineer)
Seems nice enough, has a good head on his shoulders, and someone I could see sitting down with and just chatting. He seems to enjoy the good things in life, I kind of wonder how he ended up on The Line in the first place. But I guess that is part of his story. Maybe I'll hear it someday.

Keridwyn "Keri" Jones (Pilot)
She seems pretty laid back, like the type of gal I could sit and relax with. I think I'll get along with her well enough. Maybe she can teach me how to fly one day. Yeah I'm sure the captain would love that. :P

Mya Richone (Ships’s surgeon)
Seems a bit timid at times, though it looks like she likes being that way. Though she is a great doctor so I can't say anything bad about her. Id hate to have my life in her hands if she was angry at me. I can see the way she works sometimes, used to doing what it takes to get what she wants. But I guess that is just something some people pick up growing up the way she did.

Girias "Cookie" Bomban (Grunt)
Jumpy...quick to anger and probably quicker to pull his gun on you. I don't know why he is allowed to stay on board. Seems like a risk to me, I normally don't deal with a man that can't keep his anger in check. And if he snoops through my things he may just end up with one of my boots thrown at his thick head.

Sue (Cook)
Seems like a straight forward kind of guy, not one to have all these secrets and such. Least none that I'd ever need to know about. I'd never ask him about his name, because you never upset the man that makes your food. No in fact I think I'll see if I can't make sure he gets to being a friend of mine. I mean who wouldn't want some high end ingredients or drink...or maybe a new gun? Depends how good his cooking really is.

Philemon "Phil" Adricus (Conman)
I suppose you'd say he is the closest thing I'd see as a kindred spirit on the ship (though that's mostly due to the similar working habits I suppose). But I don't know much about him other then he is a smooth talker. And damn pretty to look at. I can see us working together, not sure how it will work out but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Elfi (Captain’s slave)
Girls down right jumpy, you look at her wrong and she skitters away. I wont do anything to get her into trouble, though I may see if I can't get her to read or maybe sneak her something sweet. I kind of feel bad for her, though I suppose she could be in worse spots. I've seen what some men do to their slaves, at least she is basically cared for.

Serenity Sun Kwan (Companion)
She is well spoken, educated, proper, well mannered, beautiful, seductive, everything my father wanted me to be basically. Including the bit about giving yourself to a man with the right about of credit or pull. I don't particularly like what she does, I ran to keep from being something similar to that. Granted I didn't choose or get to pick the man I went to bed with. She does what she has to I suppose, I just can't imagine why she'd be willing to sell herself. And still be so against slavery to boot. Isn't what she does a form of it? Maybe I'm just not seeing it from her point of veiw. To each their own I guess.

Isobel Smith(scoundrel)
Girls a bit dark if you ask me, but I guess everyone has what they enjoy right? Tends to stay quiet but seems friendly enough. Though part of me thinks she is just sizing me up or trying to figure out what makes me tick...yeah good luck with that.

Views on Slavery and Alliance/Independence

Alliance vs Independence
She has been sheltered from most of what is going on in the world for most of her life.(not that she ever tells anyone that little bit of information) Though she learned tid bits and has learned more from her few years of being out and about. She still may not really know which side is right or wrong just yet. Probably just tries to stay out of the political crap and do right by her own people or her weird form of honor.

Slavery
Slavery is something she knows that is there, she doesn't necessarily like it. As she knows what it is like to feel caged and beaten, feeling like you have no where to run. But she also knows sometime you just can't safe them. Sometimes all you can do is make what little you can a bit easier. She can't buy every slave and free them. But she could give one that hasn't been fed her share of food while their master isn't looking. Or if they are going to get whipped give them something to bite on and tell them to think of their favorite memory to get through it. Maybe is she is sneaky enough give them the salve she always used on her back. Stuff like that, it is a part of life she doesn't particularly like it. But she has a realistic view and knows there is only so much she can do about it.

Equipment

usually travels with, clothes, some gear needed for particular planets she travels to, computer she still had from when she left home with a few added updates from a hardware tech she knows, a folding knife she keeps on her person as her form of protection, cash ( though most of her stuff is stashed at the various hideouts or allies she has), a locket that belonged to her mother. Now if she were to stop and gear up form one of her stash houses she'd have a bit more. But Levi tends to travel light. Things like her violin would be left behind unless Levi knew she needed it.

CurvyKitten

Levi's sheet, I know it's rushed so I'm going to fix typo's and such. But let me know what you think. Also any suggestions on the skills and attributes section are always welcome!

Vergil1989

Serenity could easily find a job for your gal Curvy, that being trying to find her folks after they were sold into slavery 28 years ago, if you're interested and you get approved of course.  It would be a kind of long running sub plot most likely and how it ends hasn't been decided yet, but if they become friends, I'd expect it could come up.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

CurvyKitten

If I get approved that may be a good idea to go with.

I don't know if Levi would possibly know some of you from her past. But if you want to work something special out just ask.

kckolbe

Did she grow up on a Core world, outer rim, or somewhere in between?  Based on her upbringing, I am guessing Core or a somewhat prosperous mid-rim, but not sure.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

CurvyKitten

The core more than likely, her father wanted power, money and all the perks of life. So he'd go for the best there was.

kckolbe

Gotcha.  Might wanna PM orderNchaos, then.  Her char (Mya) grew up on Osiris and is only five years older.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

CurvyKitten

Quote from: kckolbe on November 20, 2012, 07:56:23 PM
Gotcha.  Might wanna PM orderNchaos, then.  Her char (Mya) grew up on Osiris and is only five years older.

nods~ ok will do. Thanks hun!

kckolbe

Also, if you are still open to skill selections, I would ask for 1 point in the Spacer skill, which is a catch-all for familiarity with life aboard a ship. 

Intro Thread

mayovagn

Isi grew up on Ariel, only she was very disadvantaged and ran with a very bad crowd there... If that could make sense you are free to yell at me.
All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo