Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 09, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

These aren't true faceclaims and they're for somewhat minor NPC's associated with Angar as opposed to a full player character themselves; if someone else wanted to make a claim on any of the actors for a PC I'd happily stand aside.

That said, I thought I should put a quick list of them up.

Jamie Alexander circa Thor

Jouko Ahola circa Vikings/Kingdom of Heaven

Ron Perlman circa Outlander

Clive Standen circa Hammer of the Gods

Vladimir Kulich circa Vikings

Devilyn Sydhe

Katheryn Winnick is already in use as the character Lora Langstor, I think.

consortium11

Quote from: KalebHyde on September 16, 2014, 06:07:52 AM

Gah... I swear I double checked the list.

*Ninja edits*

Josietta

Just as an FYI, Gnothi PM'd me last night and said all face claims need to be PM'd to her and not posted in the Recruitment/OOC. I'm not sure if she got around to putting up that notice or not. But just trying to help out with that.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: KalebHyde on September 16, 2014, 06:07:52 AM

Quote from: consortium11 on September 16, 2014, 06:27:12 AM
Gah... I swear I double checked the list.

*Ninja edits*

:p

I claimed her. Near the top of the list.
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

consortium11

Quote from: Josietta on September 16, 2014, 07:56:24 AM
Just as an FYI, Gnothi PM'd me last night and said all face claims need to be PM'd to her and not posted in the Recruitment/OOC. I'm not sure if she got around to putting up that notice or not. But just trying to help out with that.

As I say, they're not so much proper face claims as NPC's I'll include in some scenes with Agnar who I'd like to put a face to. If someone else wants them as a face-claim for an actual player character I'll happily stand aside

Bloodied Porcelain

You should use Kulich circa 13th Warrior. Hnnnnng Bulweif. <3

Also... someone should use Banderas circa 13th Warrior. Happy soul would be so happy.

It's a pity Mads Mikkelsen is already claimed or I'd insist someone use him from King Arthur. Tristan is a level of hnnnng there are no appropriate words for
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Deamonbane

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 16, 2014, 08:19:59 AM
You should use Kulich circa 13th Warrior. Hnnnnng Bulweif. <3

Also... someone should use Banderas circa 13th Warrior. Happy soul would be so happy.

It's a pity Mads Mikkelsen is already claimed or I'd insist someone use him from King Arthur. Tristan is a level of hnnnng there are no appropriate words for
Dunno if you've noticed, but we aren't exactly an appropriate bunch here... *grins*

Although I like Kulich as Bulwief, a personal preference is his portrayal of a viking captain in Ironclad. Especially when he is shirtless and painted in blue battle colors...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

consortium11

I was considering Kulich (either in 13th Warrior or Ironclad) but I have a thing about the Skolsung men all being bearded and he's just too clean shaven in both for me. Same reason that Jason Flemyng from Ironclad didn't make an appearance... all too fresh faced.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 16, 2014, 08:24:39 AM
Dunno if you've noticed, but we aren't exactly an appropriate bunch here... *grins*

Us? inappropriate? Never!

Bloodied Porcelain

Omg someone needs to bring in Dennis Storhøi as a face claim. I love that little Viking man :D
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Josietta

Quote from: consortium11 on September 16, 2014, 08:12:11 AM
As I say, they're not so much proper face claims as NPC's I'll include in some scenes with Agnar who I'd like to put a face to. If someone else wants them as a face-claim for an actual player character I'll happily stand aside

Oh no worries I wasn't specifically talking to you. It just reminded me of what she had said as others had posted prior to yours as well. Sorry if I overstepped bounds there.

* Josietta thinks BP wants all the viking mens all over :P

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Deamonbane

Hah! Just noticed that we have an approved character whose nickname is Bane *grins*
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: consortium11 on September 16, 2014, 08:12:11 AM

I think that, for now, I'm going to hold off on putting them up and listed.

The only reason for that is, with the game still early, and people still doing character sheets, I'd like to hold off on creating a list of NPC Face Claims.  We just have a large number of people in the game, and still waiting on character sheets.  If you'd like, you're more than welcome to link the picture with the name the character in your post.  After some time, I'll go ahead and create an NPC list of face claims and the like.  I have a bunch as well that I'd like to put in (i.e. Bob Hoshkins as Smee for one of my crew members), so you're not alone in wanting to do up some NPC claims.

I'd just like to wait a little for things to settle and the story to get underway before I do up claims for NPCs.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

consortium11

Quote from: GnothiSeauton on September 16, 2014, 10:11:33 AM
I'd just like to wait a little for things to settle and the story to get underway before I do up claims for NPCs.

Absolutely fine  :-)

Quote from: Josietta on September 16, 2014, 09:14:31 AM

I'm rather getting the same impression... although somewhat disappointed that when Mads Mikkelsen was referenced we didn't get a Valhalla Rising mention.

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on September 16, 2014, 09:14:31 AM

Like this was ever in doubt. ::)

Kokaine

If we're just throwing it out there.... someone should make a nice Kellan Lutz servant for my Priestess  *cough* Just sayin. :P
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Lynnie

GnothiSeauton

Seeking New Stories

Cerevan

Due to some unforeseen complications and demands with a game I have previous obligations to...I'll be withdrawing my consideration for this game. Best of luck to those who remain! I'll be lurking and reading your delightful tales. ;)

Derwaysh

Milady Gnothi,

What's the protocol when it comes to character sheet submission? You may have put it on the front page but unfortunately I either missed it or couldn't find it anywhere else, I've also seen it done in a multitude of ways so I simply wanted to confirm. May I PM it to you and CC Black Howling? Thanks. : )
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Derwaysh on September 16, 2014, 06:22:37 PM
Milady Gnothi,

What's the protocol when it comes to character sheet submission? You may have put it on the front page but unfortunately I either missed it or couldn't find it anywhere else, I've also seen it done in a multitude of ways so I simply wanted to confirm. May I PM it to you and CC Black Howling? Thanks. : )

you can post it here on this page or message it to Gnothi and Black Howling
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Derwaysh

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on September 16, 2014, 06:31:23 PM
you can post it here on this page or message it to Gnothi and Black Howling

Thank you. : )

Character Sheet

~ ~ ~  Sirrah Dylan Thrask  ~ ~ ~

Writer Name:  Derwaysh

Character Name:  ‘Sirrah’ Dylan Thrask

Alias / Nickname:  ‘Sirrah’ (Since Hedge Knights are both respected and reviled, it’s a twist on the ‘sir’ used for knights. Ever since his early years he’s adopted it as a mark of recognition)

Face Claim:  Beto Malfacini

Blood Status: Non-Magical Human

Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:  Aboard the Black Dahlia at the moment. Shall become a part of the crew as the story progresses.

Country/Kingdom of Birth:  Kingdom of Espata

Physical Description: Wiry and athletic Sirrah stands to 6’6 when he is attempting to stand to his full height all the whilst trying to look someone down. Since the life of a hedge knight is never easy, the muscular structure on his body is more roped and honed to support his figure rather than make it appear wide or burly. Sirrah manages to sport short, dark brown hair and similar coloured eyes.  His demeanor is that of a well composed warrior whetted via years of combat which doesn’t give away his next move, allowing him to practice that element of surprise when he requires it. 

Personality: Calm and usually removed from the politics of those in his close environs, Sirrah usually tends to avoid conflict rather than seek it. His is a more sated persona honed by years of squiring under the late Sir Lantern Bole who taught the boy about the virtues of keeping quiet. Of course his impetuous nature does get the better of him especially when certain topics are discussed or brought up that he has no choice but to engage in. On his best day Sirrah is resolute, contained, resourceful and perceptive. On his worst days – particularly ones where he has either had too much to drink or answering to the affliction of an ever baser nature – Sirrah can be arrogant, indecisive, nihilistic and short-sighted.

Profession:  Hedge Knight

History:  “I squired for the Great Sir Lantern Bole! Knight in the service of the Othoa in Espata!” Sirrah Thrask would proudly claim whilst on a dinner table which would at least house one or two people from his own kingdom. Usually this would raise a few eyebrows, sometimes allow for various ordnance to become unsheathed, but Sirrah was quick to quell – and kill if need be – such tempers.

The fiefs of Espata were a hard and unforgiving lands. A cruel desert that claimed the lives of both rich and poor alike, especially when it found them unprepared for the perils ahead. But for as long as Sirrah Thrask could remember – even when he was just known as ‘Dylan’ – were the affectionate sands and gentle grains that provided the nurturing warmth of a mother in the absence of his parents. He grew up as an orphan and oft wandered with the other kids who would on a good day feast on a bird or two. Both the local traders and traveling merchants relied on tossing a piece of bread hither thither so as to tempt them. Perhaps to groom them for the life of an apprentice or perhaps for something else, but Sirrah was quick of wit and even quicker on his feet. It wasn’t long until he discovered by putting both these flairs together he can make for a wonderfully talented thief.

Whilst others may lack the constitution to steal from the frail, the dead and the dying it mattered none to him. Eventually – like all things in life – ambition got the better of him and he decided to steal from a knight who was of quicker wit and feet. It was either be subject to his judgment or be taken in for service. At first he was afraid of this big man who could break him into two, but with time he acquired the understanding how he could perhaps learn and do so much more.

Both of their lots changed when Sir Bole was taken into the service of the Othoa family. They dined on much more than stale bread and leathery salt beef. All these years Sirrah learned the various arts of combat in ways that his people fight. Of course fortunes changed when they were called to war and what stings more than the overall change in environment, is a defeat at hands of an enemy that is both vast and proud. Quick wit, quicker feet.

Sirrah Thrask managed to escape with Sir Bole but the squire could do little when his knight is wounded. Whilst on his death shrub, Sir Bole swore in Dylan Thrask and passed his horse, blades and armour on to him. Sirrah did his best to bury the man and decided to leave the land of Espata behind momentarily. There was nothing left here for him and the Othoa family won’t take him back in their service. They may even declare him guilty of desertion for oft Hedge Knights came with a tarnished reputation.

The Hedge Knight now wanders across the lands, seeking either a member of nobility or a sovereign cause to serve. Whilst the latter may bear fruit in the long run there is also a chance of getting killed and more than often he wonders if perhaps simply abandoning his knightly vows may just be what he needs. He can join a sell sword company, maybe even join a crew. Whilst floating these conundrums he now travels on the Black Dahlia, seeking passage unto the environs where he may end up finding someone to bend the knee to or desert all idealistic notions Sir Bole taught him, perhaps becoming the baser animal he was always meant to be.  

Religion:  Non-religious

Weapons:  Chainmail and lamellar is what he inherited as a hedge knight and is all he can afford to maintain. Whilst fighting fully armoured, relies on a longsword and arm-strapped shield. When not armoured uses the various spears for both close quarters combat and range.

Sexuality:  Bisexual

On's and Off's: As they pertain to the writer.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days