Interest: D&D 3.5 Gestalt (Seeking GM/Group)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, April 26, 2011, 11:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

Hey I have an idea.

As far as magical items go - lets make them magical by agreeing to one thing upright.

There is no such thing as a "magical item" vendor store in cities and towns where we can get what we want.
I think this takes the "wow" our of magical items with that being the case.

Perhaps we hear wind of a few things in rumors, send letters of interest, occasionally a merchant claims he has some
(these are travelling merchants perhaps and well defended ... but have random things, probably not many of them.)

Or stumble upon them ourselfs. And what they are / what they can do / if they can be sold we role play... it :)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I do agree to extend that magic items would be rare and shared among many merchants over the country but I think a one, bit overpriced (+5% more expensive than norm), magic store in major capital would be okay addition.

Anycase glad able to join this game :). As question to GM; does mithril weapons count 'silver' for bypassing the DR? I made my katana from silver for more of theme and fitting for silver dragon lineaged family heirloom item. But I wonder would mithril weapon count silver as it's after all called as 'true silver'.

NicciKotor

Yay, we can finally get this game started. Horo needs her sacrifices!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Aether

PhantomPistoleer

Quick question:

Is Dungeonscape available for this campaign?  And the miniatures guide?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Wintercat

Alright. I've been preparing, and heard nothing from abandoneddolly. If she contacts me past this point, I'll make her the -7th- member of the team, but in the meanwhile the team includes Aether and Zaer Darkwail.

Phantompistoleer, I don't have Dungeonscape at my disposal, so I will have to say no.

Miniatures Handbooks, that I have at my disposal.

If anyone objects the miniatures handbook, raise your voice and tell me.

If I hear no objection by Tuesday, then Miniatures Handbook is in use.

Game Launches on Wednesday, 11th of May.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

PhantomPistoleer

Don't worry about it, Winter.  I'd only care for Miniatures if Dungeonscape was available, specifically if the factotum class was available.  Since it isn't, it won't be an issue worth discussion. :D
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

I do not object miniature's handbook. It's ONLY book where you can find marshal.

SomeGuy

There's nothing in the Miniature's Handbook that is really unbalanced at all, especially compared to what's in the PHB.

Zaer, Aether- have fun.

Wintercat- if you'd ever like some help stating NPCs out I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Wintercat

Quote from: SomeGuy on May 08, 2011, 02:38:01 PM
There's nothing in the Miniature's Handbook that is really unbalanced at all, especially compared to what's in the PHB.

Zaer, Aether- have fun.

Wintercat- if you'd ever like some help stating NPCs out I'd be happy to lend a hand.

Thank you, SomeGuy. Your presence will be missed, but you will be welcome to any game I might run in the days to come here, or that I would perhaps become part of. I'll raise my hat to you and wish you good luck.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Creshnagarine

Hello,

I noticed I got bumped on the list, any reason why?

I am still interested, if it can be arranged.

Your friend,

Creshnagarine

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.  ~Ray Bradbury

Sworn to the Oath of The Drake.

My Introduction -  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=70192.0

Current projects -
A Dark Path to a New Kingdom (Creshnagarine and LadyNox) - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184564.msg8873061#msg8873061

Wintercat

@Creshnagarine

Hello and good day, it was not intensional but the way this preparation has progressed has been abit staggering, there's been more interest than I've been expecting and I originally thought I'd be happy with 3 or 4 players. I was waiting for some people to message me if they are still interested or not, and during that time Zaer and Aether have pretty much prepared their characters ready.

In light of this, when one of the players no longer responded, and another volunteered to step out - in favor of these two - I saw it best to include them. The player who has not messaged me back might still get in if she messaged me with a reason why she could not contact me before about this game.

Otherwise, I think the game is full and running with this crew then. I apologise for being side-stepped, but your message on interest in the game got buried among the others while preparations were going on for the game. When spots then opened I had few people who had already prepared up to the point of being able to just jump in and replace those that are gone.

Current Players (maximum of 6)
PhantomPistoleer
Kate
Muse
NicciKotor
Zaer Darkwail
Aether
----
Requested to Join if Dropouts happen
Creshnagarine
SomeGuy
abandoneddolly
----
Cancelled Joining
RubySlippers
A&A

Wintercat

The Game has Launched

The Game Thread has been posted, feel free to drop in. You are not obligated to snatch onto the first hook presented, the game will have plenty of options available along time, but depending on which hooks you grasp onto and which you ignore the events may be different in the long run.

The characters actions have a good chance to affect the future of the inner sea, but I plan to provide more links than I expect the party to be able to handle, at least time wise, so its a good idea to look for some better hooks if current ones dont provide interest enough to pursue them.

The game is not centered on a major quest, but it will contain some moving elements allowing the player characters to leave a real impact if and how they choose.
A&A

Aether

Oh blessed GM, we need a dedicated OOC so we can keep this chat outta the groups wanted thread  ^.^

Wintercat

Aether, I am not sure if you are honestly that respectful or if you are being sarcastic.

Anyhow, the idea is good, the OOC Thread has now been created.

The In-Character thread is still awaiting players though.
A&A

NicciKotor

It is common practice to make those three threads.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

PhantomPistoleer

Please permit someone on the waiting list to take my place.

My schedule became too hectic for another game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ulthakptah

I would like to be on the waiting list for this game.

Aether

Quote from: Wintercat on May 11, 2011, 01:19:00 PM
Aether, I am not sure if you are honestly that respectful or if you are being sarcastic.

I was being over flowery in my request, but there was no hint of sarcasm, and if I came across as such, I apologize!