Once again, South Parks timing is impeccable o.O

Started by Sabby, November 03, 2011, 02:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Really? They're onto Occupy Wallstreet already? Guys work fast. Ep was titled 1%. Did you think it was accurate?

Remiel

If you watch the South Park special they air sometimes on Comedy Central you'll see that Matt and Trey are accustomed to cranking out an episode in the space of a few days.  I was more astounded by last week's episode, where only three days after the Denver/Miami game they managed to reference not just Tim Tebow but Denver's miraculous win.

Usually South Park has an opinion hidden deep within the snark, but I really couldn't tell what it was trying to say about the "Occupy X" movement (other than the cops and the media tend to sensationalize events, and perhaps that the "99%" rallying cry isn't as unified or coherent as they would like to think themselves to be).

Missy

Haven't seen the episode yet, but Remiel is right. I mean Occupy wall Street didn't get it's message out until after they'd been there for like a week. The only thing they really have in common is that they all believe the country is being run by a political elite who are all buddy-buddy with a wealthy elite. Which makes sense.

As Day Fades

The makers of South Park are well known for not putting together an episode until as humanly close to the airing date as possible, as opposed to other shows that will film the next season months ahead of time. They do this on purpose, so they can stay as current and on the pulse of things as can be, beating everyone else to the punch.