News:

Main Menu

I need a hot avatar

Started by Zeth, April 22, 2014, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeth

Yeah my current avatar is a crab icon. But looking at the other forum user's avatars, I see that will not cut it. Suggestions?

Inkidu

Quote from: Zeth on April 22, 2014, 05:52:45 PM
Yeah my current avatar is a crab icon. But looking at the other forum user's avatars, I see that will not cut it. Suggestions?
What do you like?

Though depending on that answer this thread might have to be moved to On Topic or Finders and Seekers.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

As Inki said, Finders and Seekers has lots of picture threads to go through, some of which might be good for avatars, but ultimately, 'hot' is in the mind of the beholder. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Zeth

Well I want a male picture that is attractive but acceptable as a forum avatar. I shall go check Finders and Seekers. Thank you.

Inkidu

Quote from: Zeth on April 22, 2014, 08:01:05 PM
Well I want a male picture that is attractive but acceptable as a forum avatar. I shall go check Finders and Seekers. Thank you.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=98632.0

Rules regarding images are under the site rules. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Cassandra LeMay

It may not be the style many other people use here, but I see nothing wrong with the crab avatar. Look on the positive side: It stands out from the rest and has a high recognition factor. Depending on how you look at it (no pun intended) that's not a bad thing. You don't have to do like everyone else does. Be unique!
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Drake Valentine

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

MasterMischief

What are you talking about?

RedPhoenix

I think the crabatar cuts it just fine. =)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

DawningBlue

I feel ya. I kinda felt that I needed to go with the flow since I saw everyone else's avies too. I like your crab avatar btw. It's cute and funny and stuff. You can always try deviantart.

Or Photobucket.

And just type in what you are looking for. Like for example: Sci Fi Soldier.

Nachtmahr

There's no shame in having crabs!

Or.. a crab I suppose.

Has that joke been made? If so - Damn it.

But yeah, there are tonnes of threads you can browse through in the art-section of this forum - It would be quite surprising if you couldn't find something to suite your tastes, whatever they might be. :) God knows it's how I scavenge all of mine. :P (But don't tell anyone!)
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

King Serperior

Always go for one that says that this is YOU.  Look at me, I have creepy alien avatars because I can't decide on one.  This says ME because no one else has creepy ones like this.

Besides, I rather like your Crabatar   ;D

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Nachtmahr

I finally have a horse in mine, because I have 'Mahr' in my name. And 'Mahr' means mare. So it's a mare. :3 A night mare!

King Serperior

Quote from: Nachtmahr on May 06, 2014, 08:15:03 PM
I finally have a horse in mine, because I have 'Mahr' in my name. And 'Mahr' means mare. So it's a mare. :3 A night mare!
O_O  Nachtmahr = Nightmare!  I've been trying to figure out how to say your name for a while now  *laughs*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Nachtmahr

I.. What? How..

Does not compute. xD

How do people not realize that? It's right there! It's just.. German. It even has the same amount of letters! xD 'Na-Rht-Mah-Er'!

Oniya

I remember my first year German class - I can probably dredge up how some of the less-enthusiastic students mangled words if you really want. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Zeth

Fear not my good people, I am searching for a hot crab themed avatar to please all. So far this task has proved difficult, but I will succeed.

Nachtmahr

Oniya

Butter.  Lots of melted butter.  ;)

RedPhoenix

Do not google "sexy crab."

Unless you're into that sort of thing I guess.

Nachtmahr

I did! And that pic was what turned up. xD It was.. An experience.

Zeth

This is what I got. I can't figure out how to shrink it to avatar size.

Nachtmahr...I doubt I could use the meme youpisted as an avatar, though I REALLY wish I could. XD

BAMF

You need to upload it to an image hosting site, perhaps like photobucket, and then resize it. Avatar images can't wider than 150 pixels, or taller than 200.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Zeth

New avatar uploaded. What do you think guys and gals?

RedPhoenix