Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Oniya on January 19, 2018, 11:07:58 PM
I know I was born from my mother's womb in the ninth month.  Mr. Oniya has timing issues and arrived early.  ::)

Forbidding people to be born in the ninth month would be a peculiarly hard act to follow. :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

gaggedLouise

At the very moment of Trump's first anniversary in the White  House, government shutdown arrives. 

Poetic justice: Trump had sheduled a lavish one-year jubilee party, not at the White House but at Mar-a-Lago, with ticket prices in the league of 100-200.000 bucks per couple. Now what are people going to say about this posh get-tigether vs the sight of hundreds of thousands of government employees blocked from work and left in uncertainty whether they will actually get paid (last time around in 2013, those who had been sent home were paid their wages for the time spent at home after things were normal again, but that's not assured by laws at all)

Various

Don the Con tweeted on Sep 20, 2013 at 7:13 am
Quote"Congratulations to @SpeakerBoehner on standing strong and tying government shutdown to defunding ObamaCare."

Don the Con was also asked by Fox and Friends who he would fire because of the shutdown (because they're hard-hitting journalists like that).

The Man-Child:
Quote“Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top . . . I mean, problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top and the president’s the leader. And he’s got to get everybody in a room and he’s got to lead.”
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Trieste

Quote from: gaggedLouise on January 20, 2018, 03:06:15 AM
At the very moment of Trump's first anniversary in the White  House, government shutdown arrives. 

Poetic justice: Trump had sheduled a lavish one-year jubilee party, not at the White House but at Mar-a-Lago, with ticket prices in the league of 100-200.000 bucks per couple. Now what are people going to say about this posh get-tigether vs the sight of hundreds of thousands of government employees blocked from work and left in uncertainty whether they will actually get paid (last time around in 2013, those who had been sent home were paid their wages for the time spent at home after things were normal again, but that's not assured by laws at all)

Let me think.

Gosh, it's so unprecedented.

Jeez, I just don't know where we might have seen this before.

Various

We'll see it again in the future.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Orval Wintermute

Quote from: Various on January 19, 2018, 06:20:34 PM
Beat me to it!
I listened to it multiple times. It's clearly a 'b'. In all likelihood, he meant to say 'torn'...
So does this mean Trump is anti-C-section?

Various

Quote from: Orval Wintermute on January 20, 2018, 09:39:23 AM
So does this mean Trump is anti-C-section?

Of course he is. The third or fourth wife who's old enough to be your daughter-that-you'd-WRECK-if-it-weren't-for-those-stupid-incest-laws can't have scars like that AND a bikini body.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Trieste on January 20, 2018, 09:03:45 AM
Let me think.

Don't you mean unpresidented?

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Trieste on January 20, 2018, 09:03:45 AM
Let me think.

There ain't enough cake in America for that to work. :)

TheGlyphstone

Oniya

Quote from: Various on January 20, 2018, 08:00:43 AM
Don the Con was also asked by Fox and Friends who he would fire because of the shutdown (because they're hard-hitting journalists like that).

Trump:  “Well, if you say who gets fired it always has to be the top..."

Me:  If you insiiiiiiist.   >:)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

Trump's latest comment on the government shutdown - he's sounding like a parody of himself:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/954722155463430145

Various

[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Various on January 20, 2018, 02:18:53 PM

For some reason that picture won't show here in your post (at least not for me). Looked it up by using the quote option and copying the URL to a different tab.

Mmm, it's a very apt comment. :)

WindFish

Michael Wolff is alleging that Trump is having an affair with someone in the White House.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/01/michael-wolff-says-trump-having-an-affair

I have no idea if this claim can be verified or if it's even true, but it's Trump, so anything's possible especially after the Stormy Daniels affair and hush money turned out to be true.

At this point I feel sorry for Melania and Bannon. I can't say I blame her for being a very private person.
Actively Searching For New One x Ones

Search Thread
O/Os
F-List

Various

Quote from: WindFish on January 20, 2018, 03:00:55 PM
Michael Wolff is alleging that Trump is having an affair with someone in the White House.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/01/michael-wolff-says-trump-having-an-affair

I have no idea if this claim can be verified or if it's even true, but it's Trump, so anything's possible especially after the Stormy Daniels affair and hush money turned out to be true.

At this point I feel sorry for Melania and Bannon. I can't say I blame her for being a very private person.

I figured he was talking about Hope Hicks whose status as his mistress seems to be a bit of an open secret. Other hints point to Nikki Hailey. As such, I will reiterate my stance on affairs.

1. Normally an affair, when a consensual act between two adults, is an issue between the cheaters and the betrayed S.O. and not really an issue otherwise.
2. However, when a politician/political party spends their time screaming about how they are defending "family values" of a marriage between a man and a woman by making sure 'the gays' don't get married, or shrieking about unwed mothers (especially if the mother is a minority) when they should be married to their husbands before they have kids, or blaming tornadoes on cohabitation, or any number of behaviors of the modern GOP, affairs are an issue because it illustrates the hypocritical nature of these modern-day Pharisees.
3. And yet, Trump himself is pretty openly a pig and generally doesn't try to hide behind a cloak of righteousness, so my issue is more with the Republicans who will rush to his defense and scream "BUT BILL!" than with him.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Serephino

This whole thing is really pissing me off.  Trump and Republicans, their main talking point has been that Democrats are leaving the military out to dry by letting the government shut down over illegal immigrants.  https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/1882893781742103/  That senator right there just tried to ensure the military was taken care of.  The head Republican objected.  I'm pretty sure they're doing it because they want leverage to get the budget bill they want passed.  It also doesn't hurt that they're pointing at Democrats and screaming 'anti military!' They're trying to use patriotism and support for our troops to get us to look negatively on Democrats so they can keep running things.  That's what it really seems like to me, and I really hope that people do their homework and realize that it's the Republicans in office holding their breath like little children just like they have done since Obama was elected that are the real problem.  I can't find it now, but my senator Bob Casey made a speech that the budget bill wasn't passed last night, not just because of DACA, but because there was nothing in there that would help keep rural hospitals running, nothing to help poor families...  He said he voted no because there were many things he wanted to see in that bill that just weren't there.  Things that should have already been taken care of.  He said a bill to keep running CHIP was introduced before the September 30th expiration in plenty of time to have it passed with no problem.  It was never voted on because Republicans were like... tax bill, tax bill, tax bill!  They were so laser focused on their big giveaway to billionaires disguised as helping everybody that they could wear like shiny little badges of accomplishment that they forgot to do their damned jobs! 

Seriously... I am so fucking sick of Republicans right now!  In no way am I saying Democrats are perfect and never did anything dumb for political gain.  But dude...  Playing silly little childish games and trying to help themselves and their rich donor friends has been pretty much ALL Republicans have been doing since I started paying attention my junior year of high school.  If you are a Conservative, and this shit is not what you are about and support... get up off your fucking ass on election day, go to your polling place, and vote for something other than the trash we've got now!  And no, voting for a Democratic candidate if you are a registered Republican is not some kind of punishable betrayal.  If the Democratic candidate may actually do your district some good, they are not money sucking slime, or hell, they are trash to just a lesser degree...  suck it up, vote out the garbage, and lie to your Conservative friends about who you voted for if it makes you feel better.  Since only you were in that voting booth no one will know any different.

This rant brought to you by someone seriously fed up with Donald Trump and the fucking worthless piece of shit Congress....

Various

Quote from: Serephino on January 20, 2018, 11:09:07 PM
This whole thing is really pissing me off.  Trump and Republicans, their main talking point has been that Democrats are leaving the military out to dry by letting the government shut down over illegal immigrants.  https://www.facebook.com/NowThisPolitics/videos/1882893781742103/  That senator right there just tried to ensure the military was taken care of.  The head Republican objected.  I'm pretty sure they're doing it because they want leverage to get the budget bill they want passed.  It also doesn't hurt that they're pointing at Democrats and screaming 'anti military!' They're trying to use patriotism and support for our troops to get us to look negatively on Democrats so they can keep running things.  That's what it really seems like to me, and I really hope that people do their homework and realize that it's the Republicans in office holding their breath like little children just like they have done since Obama was elected that are the real problem.  I can't find it now, but my senator Bob Casey made a speech that the budget bill wasn't passed last night, not just because of DACA, but because there was nothing in there that would help keep rural hospitals running, nothing to help poor families...  He said he voted no because there were many things he wanted to see in that bill that just weren't there.  Things that should have already been taken care of.  He said a bill to keep running CHIP was introduced before the September 30th expiration in plenty of time to have it passed with no problem.  It was never voted on because Republicans were like... tax bill, tax bill, tax bill!  They were so laser focused on their big giveaway to billionaires disguised as helping everybody that they could wear like shiny little badges of accomplishment that they forgot to do their damned jobs! 

Seriously... I am so fucking sick of Republicans right now!  In no way am I saying Democrats are perfect and never did anything dumb for political gain.  But dude...  Playing silly little childish games and trying to help themselves and their rich donor friends has been pretty much ALL Republicans have been doing since I started paying attention my junior year of high school.  If you are a Conservative, and this shit is not what you are about and support... get up off your fucking ass on election day, go to your polling place, and vote for something other than the trash we've got now!  And no, voting for a Democratic candidate if you are a registered Republican is not some kind of punishable betrayal.  If the Democratic candidate may actually do your district some good, they are not money sucking slime, or hell, they are trash to just a lesser degree...  suck it up, vote out the garbage, and lie to your Conservative friends about who you voted for if it makes you feel better.  Since only you were in that voting booth no one will know any different.

This rant brought to you by someone seriously fed up with Donald Trump and the fucking worthless piece of shit Congress....

I live in a one party state, and I make these sort of decisions all the time. The choice between a Republican who is competent and sane on one side, and a screaming Koched up would-be fundamentalist on the other is not difficult.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Serephino on January 20, 2018, 11:09:07 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

We went to a work party for the hubby last night, and the people at the table started talking about how the Democrats shut down the government.  They actually believed it was the fault of the Democrats. 

I had to get up and walk away.  I could feel my blood boiling, and if I hadn't used the excuse of going to get a cup of coffee, I would probably have started a war of words.  (Which would have been a real damper on the party)
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Trieste

Not just on election day. By then it's basically too late. Connect with your local party (whatever it might be). Find candidates that support your values, volunteer for them, canvas for them, donate to them. A lot of work goes into just getting to the ballot box in November - or even to the primaries earlier than that. You don't even have to cross party lines - find a moderate Republican (or a progressive Democrat), and give them whatever resources you can. Even if it's social media boosting, that's something.

HannibalBarca

Robert NeNiro sounding off on Trump.  Glad he's on our side.  I need to find the uncensored version, because DeNiro just ain't DeNiro without some choice fucks being dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNsylfWEmC8
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Mithlomwen on January 21, 2018, 08:56:38 AM
We went to a work party for the hubby last night, and the people at the table started talking about how the Democrats shut down the government.  They actually believed it was the fault of the Democrats.
I hate to say it, but the Democrats did cause the shutdown. If they had voted for the continuing resolution in the first place, no shutdown would have happened. The "nays" in the vote caused the shutdown, and those votes came from the Democrats. That's a straightforward chain of cause and effect.

We sure can argue why the Democrats decided on this cause of action, talk about who pushed whom to do (or don't do) what, but it was up tp the Democrats to keep the government running or not. They (briefly) decided not to keep it running. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to go from there to believing it was "their fault" this happened.

Personally I would love to see a Democratic wave sweeping both House and Senate, come November, plus a Democratic president elected 2020, but I still think the people you talked with may not have been entirely wrong when it comes to causality for the shutdown.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Sara Nilsson

Well technically not all democrats voted against it and not all republicans voted for it.

QuoteSen. Joe Manchin, D-W.V., who is up for re-election in a state Trump won by 42 points, was one of a handful of Democrats who voted to advance the bill. The other Democrats who voted for it were: Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota, Doug Jones of Alabama, and Claire McCaskill of Missouri.

Republicans who voted against the bill were: Jeff Flake of Arizona, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Mike Lee of Utah and Rand Paul of Kentucky.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/01/19/senate-blocks-bill-avoid-shutdown-mcconnell-scrambles-last-ditch-deal-democrats/1049878001/

Iniquitous

Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Oniya

Quote from: Iniquitous on January 24, 2018, 01:32:00 PM
Not #45 specifically, but still got a laugh out of me...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/370473-ex-rnc-chair-rips-evangelical-leaders-standing-by-trump-dont

Wouldn't they need to give him at least a dozen 'mulligans'?  I mean, I've run out of fingers to count on here.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17