News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Highlander: The Quickening. Interest Check.

Started by Batman4560, August 21, 2015, 05:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Everything looks great so far. You can all consider yourselves approved.

On a side note, what thread page does everyone feel comfortable with this taking place in?

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Batman4560 on August 23, 2015, 04:39:07 PM
Everything looks great so far. You can all consider yourselves approved.

On a side note, what thread page does everyone feel comfortable with this taking place in?

That's a very good question. I don't really see Haldis involved in anything like non-con, but I would be ok if others wanted to.

Garuss Vakarian

Well, I dont think it has to do with just sex, the choice should also take the violence into consideration. After all, Immortals going around decapitating other immortals, is not something some one reading NC exotic groups would expect. I think Extreme, just on the bases of the violence being the murdery stabby stabby kind and not the punch, pow super heroic kind. But thats just me being overly prepared, im fine with wherever.

Making character now by the way. ^^.

Nowherewoman

We're dealing with people who behead each other for a rush. I'd say Extreme, though as mentioned, that does NOT nec. apply to any sexual action.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Batman4560

Seems fair enough. I was leaning that way to but I like to make sure bases are covered and get others opinions.

So is there any other questions about the RP? I'm happy to hammer out all the details before we start.

Also, Garuss did you put up a sheet?

Garuss Vakarian

Not yet, I went to making him but cant decide on what I am going to do. I am currently at a cross from European knight whom Fought in the War of the Roses. A Roman Centurian. Or a Samurei (Which just feels cliche to do, but would still be pure awesome! Plus I hear women find Asian men quite attractive. ^^ )

Garuss Vakarian

Name: Garuss Vakarian 

Character Name: William 'Will', Barnes

Weapon: Trained in Axe, Halberd, Shield, Mace, Morningstar, Crossbow, Bow, and spear. But, proficient with swords. Personal weapon is the European Broad sword.

Number of Immortals Killed: 159 immortals. (Killed 62 men in the War of the Roses. Has made every attempt not to kill another soul, unless it is absolutely necessary. Or, he or she is an Immortal.)

Personality: A bold man, who is honest and upfront. A some what blunt person, but a man with respect and honor. Living by the ideals of a knights chivalry even to this day. Even if it is long dead among the modern humans.

Bio : Born a lower lord under the venerable house Lancaster. William was a man, whom grown to become a knight. As soon as he was a young man, of 12 years of age, he made the choice to become a knight. To train under the code of chivalry, and be a warrior for his house.

Years go by, and with much training, much education. He had went from squire, to Knight. Up until then he was blessed with little violence in his life, the most he had done was win a few duels. Only one of which had to lead to the death of the knight. But he was soon to learn the violance, the pain, the sufferage of war and conflict. You see, the king had died. Leaving no heir, the houses had to chose their next king. Between house York, and House Lancaster a brutal war was waged. Both parties fighting for control, for an old throne and a golden crown. Of coarse he stayed loyal to his house. Fighting in the war, killing many a  man in a horrid war. Each battle leaving more and more suffering in it's wake, to the good people of Britannia.

William wished the war would just end. Tired of seeing how the war echoed throughout the country. Leaving homeless, orphans, hungry and poor in it's wake. And what was his reward? The boon of his efforts? His death. When he awoke, he had found himself in a pile of the dead. Confused, with no one to explain to him how he still lived. He did get to see the end of the war, both houses merging as one. And as the years went by, he did not age. He had already faced a five immortals within this time, each fight brutal and long, maiming, stabbing, and hurting his foe until he finally decapitated them. As an unlucky immortal, he needed the crash coarse. Only took forty years after his awakening to find an immortal whom was more willing to talk then kill. The man was a friend for a time, and finally gave him the answers he seeked.

Today, he is a simple lawyer, making ends meat by defending and prosecuting criminals. He has long since been sick of death, even before he died back in the war, he would only kill when necessary. Even if one was an immortal, he wouldn't strike unless they strike first. He no longer knows what had happened to that immortal he met long ago, perhaps alive, perhaps dead. Perhaps they would one day be forced to kill one another.... Either way, he knows this. "you dont have to kill another immortal, until you have to kill them.... Still working on that line."

RubySlippers

YoouTube has lots of Highlander TV Series episodes this is one just to show you what we are up against and to not judge a book by its cover in The Game jut need to watch the first five minutes or so, with the age restrictions here its not likely going to happen here to have a ten year old immortal show up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGh9CMVBHmM

Oh and why Extreme the Imoortals usually don't rape, torture and kill besides taking heads most even if evil have some morals. Okay the Kurgan raped and torture possibly but he was a bad one.

Nowherewoman

Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Nowherewoman

I suspect Jenna's tat is somewhere less obvious that her wrist. Center of her back or something, where it won't be casually seen.

RubySlippers

I added a section to my sheet, so my mentor knows to play to what strengths when focusing her fighting training.

Batman4560

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 24, 2015, 11:48:07 AM
Oh and why Extreme the Imoortals usually don't rape, torture and kill besides taking heads most even if evil have some morals. Okay the Kurgan raped and torture possibly but he was a bad one.

Extreme is just to cover the beheading and the such, not so much for the sexual things. It's to not offend anyone else who might read the threads.

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: Batman4560 on August 24, 2015, 10:14:41 PM
Extreme is just to cover the beheading and the such, not so much for the sexual things. It's to not offend anyone else who might read the threads.

Makes sense to me.  :-)

I'd love to see the ball get rolling on this.. did you have some kind of opening in mind, or were you leaving it up to us to place ourselves somewhere in the world? I hope I'm not being too impatient.

Batman4560

I'm off tomorrow so when I get home from work tonight I'll be typing up an intro post. Think of ways you want to introduce yourself as characters. It's sandbox so there is that. And if anyone is having any problems just let me know.

Garuss Vakarian

Nowherewoman

I expect Jenna will be teaching a class, maybe even a bunch of cops. SO folks can wander in as they like :D

RubySlippers

I was thinking my character is being tracked down by a younger immortal looking for an easy kill and one PC tattooed blond lovely with a lot more experience found my gal and is circling not to kill her but figured out she's new to The Game and some immortal is hunting her down. So she needs a protector and training. She was lucky to survive this long.

Teo Torriatte

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 26, 2015, 08:10:46 PM
I was thinking my character is being tracked down by a younger immortal looking for an easy kill and one PC tattooed blond lovely with a lot more experience found my gal and is circling not to kill her but figured out she's new to The Game and some immortal is hunting her down. So she needs a protector and training. She was lucky to survive this long.

Sounds good to me.  :-)

RubySlippers

Highlander the Animated Series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVQqXO9h2TU

No beheading at all.  :P

No sex.

Not much fun but it shows in the 80's it was popular.

Garuss Vakarian

Ya, well a lot of 80's cartoons actually set the bar for good childrens programming. Now a days we are past the heatwave of terrible cartoons, and now children's cartoons are not just good but even starting to surpass the 80's shows! Avatar The Last Airbender/Legend of Kora, Adventure Time, etc. Even the bad ones have passable quality. I feel jealous of my nieces and nephews, I grew up to crap. Forced to watch shows like Fosters Home for imaginary kids, and Lazlo until good shows like Spongebob came on to eat my brain cells. >_< . Though I had a cool brother, whom introduced me, and helped me grow up to my inner childhood obsessions: Transformers! and TMNT!

I digress though, we arent here to talk nostalgia. :P . Sorry.

I think I will take up Nowhere's suggestion, and check out one of her classes. ^^ .

Batman4560

Open to suggestions to make this either better or flow more naturally. I'm way out of my element with this but here is the in game thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=235583.0

1SAZ

Name: 1SAZ

Character Name: Jiao-Long Shen

Weapon: Han Dynasty Jian, trained in all manner of martial weapons from east asia, countries, and has limited familiarity with weapons from other areas of the world.

Number of Immortals Killed: Officially 327, though he has lost count and the Watchers aren't entirely sure thanks to many of the records from the Jin Dynasty being lost.

Personality: Jiao-Long is a quiet and contemplative type of man, of few words, yet his words can be deep and meaningful when he offers them. Even when angered, Jiao-Long is a firm believer in a calm fist, keeping his mind clear so as to better combat the obstacles in his life. If there was one thing that Jiao-Long truly loved, it would be food of all kinds, having experienced the creation of many dishes at the point they were first made, and has studied the culinary arts since his immortality was in it's infancy.

Bio: Jiao-Long was born in the year 390AD, and raised from his earliest memories by a man who wasn't his father, nor did he recall his birth parents. During his early years, Jiao-Long and his master ventured through the countryside of China, trading a well cooked meal for a place to stay and petty change. The years on the road taught the boy the ability to survive with the skills he would gather rather than relying on others. His master taught him the value of good food, and how to prepare it, and when the boy mastered the knife, the nameless chef taught him the sword. Combining the lessons of careful consideration and timing, as well as preparation, the young boy learned the arts of the blade as quickly as the arts of food.

After years of travel, one night while staying in a fisherman's shack, Jiao-Long was stabbed by a masked assailant, slain in his sleep without so much as a chance to defend himself. The next morning, the boy awoke, covered in his own blood, groggy and unknowing of the previous nights events. The fisherman that had taken them in was pinned to the wall, dead, and his master sat silently smoking his pipe as he awaited what would happen next. It was then that Jiao-Long had learned what had happened, and what he was. His master taught him the ways of survival in The Game, as well as teaching him of the many parts of the world he had yet to see or know. It wasn't till much later that Jiao-Long learned that the masked man was his own master and his survival was meerly a part of a greater scheme that would never come to fruition thanks to another immortal. Taking his master's sword, Jiao-Long began his search for new experiences, and in the process discover new food.

Today, Jiao-Long Shen is a well respected chef at a fine restaurant that puts his skills in various types of cuisine to good use. Those that eat there appreciate the fact that, if on good terms with the chef, will find whatever their heart's desire on their plate. In terms of The Game, however, Jiao-Long prefers to keep a peaceful stance with most he encounters, and unless provoked will not actively headhunt. When his friends do visit him, they are almost always treated to a very special meal from their homeland.

Batman4560

Teo Torriatte

Ruby, did you want me to wait for your intro before I do my first post?

To the others, anyone else want to plan any kind of past with Haldis?

Also, is there going to be an actual OOC thread?

Batman4560

haha yes there will be an OOC thread. I had to run for a bit but I'll be getting that up here in a moment or so.