Café de Fae ~ Open!

Started by Talra Di Deliren, September 05, 2016, 10:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eudoxia

Name ~ Mara Capra

Played By ~ Eudoxia

Age ~ 26

Sexuality ~ Pan 
O/Os (haven’t updated in ages but it’s mostly true-basically, I’m open to writing pretty much anything)

Breed ~ Faun...with human legs.

Power ~ She can stop time for a period of up to 30 seconds, (TBD on the second one, I'm having massive brain freeze. I'm thinking something to do with her horns, but can't be sure just yet.)

Position ~ Server Application:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name Mara Capra

Age 26

Position Applying For Server

Skills: Server for the past ten years at The Pancake House. Graveyard shift, so she can handle unruly and drunks with verve.

Reason for Job: She’d love to be able to use her skills and experience while being able to be herself.

Personality ~ To her customers, she is welcoming, warm, and gregarious. For the most part, she is the same to the other employees of Cafe de Fae, although she can be a bit reserved, fearful of judgment.

Background ~ Her family comes from the high mountains where their tribe of Faun have lived for millennia. Modernity has encroached on their tribelands, and Mara was not immune. As a teenager, a gathering of her friends would often wander down to the human town, something they were strictly forbidden from doing. The thrill and the lure was too great. Seeing what Mara considered freedom, she ached to live among them. Teenagers- the grass is always greener! One evening, a caravan of witches passed through the highlands. Late one night, Mara sneaked into their camp, seeking the services of a specific witch. She wished to have human legs, to get rid of her hairy, weird goat legs. The witch did as she was paid to do, performing a spell on Mara, giving her human legs. The witch refused to remove her horns, as it was rumored anyone who stole a Faun's horn would be cursed for a century. Mara had rolled her eyes at that bit, but didn’t do anything to stop the urban(or mountainous, as the case may be) myth. The witch had offered her a talisman that would get rid of her horns for up to 12 hours. This would allow the girl to somewhat pass for human in a human city. She was thrilled!

Her family and tribe, however, were not. To forsake what she was, to seek the services of a witch, no less, was tantamount to betrayal. In her defense, Mara was 16 years old and basically a complete idiot (as 16 year olds often are). It was no defense to the tribe elders. She was banished from the tribelands.

Having lost her family and friends, Mara came to the city to make something of her life. Being so young and unknowing, she took a job waiting tables at a pancake house during the graveyard shift. She was always careful to be back to her small apartment before 12 hours. She didn’t need reminding- hiding her horns gave her a splitting headache rivaling that of a migraine after about six hours. Eventually- blessedly- learning of Cafe de Fae, she originally sought refuge as a customer, enjoying being able to leave her horns out and not worry. She does feel the ever-present sense of shame, her long, virtually hairless human legs revealing her betrayal of her kind. It wasn’t something she talked about often, the shame was that great.

Mara aims to eventually find the band of witches once again to see if the spell can be reversed. Until then, she’s applied to work as a server at her new favorite cafe.

Talra Di Deliren

Quote from: LivingGarment on September 28, 2016, 02:48:15 AM
Is this still going? I might have an idea for a character.

Quote from: Mac84 on September 28, 2016, 07:08:15 AM
As far as I know it is. :D

It most certainly is. I haven't been at my best recently, so I'm sorry for not having posted yet. This weekend should be a good time to do so.

Mara is just too cute to not have as a server ^^ welcome to the family!
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
-Bride - Night Play - Dark Hunter series-
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

Inari

Is Balial accepted now the profile is finished? :3

Talra Di Deliren

Quote from: Starcry on September 29, 2016, 02:32:18 AM
Is Balial accepted now the profile is finished? :3

Oh! Yes! Sorry I didn't get back to you...but yes he is great. All good to go ^^
"Sometimes we let people treat us wrongly because we want to be loved and accepted so badly that we'd do anything for it. It hurts to know that no matter how much you try, how much you want it, they can't love or accept you as you are. Then you hate all that time you wasted trying to please them and wonder what it is about you that is so awful that they can't at least pretend to love you."
*Please always check the last posts of my A/As before messaging or never responding back*

Inari

Whoo hoo! Thanks!<3

I also only just noticed that Avynn was heartbroken by a full-blooded incubus so this is gonna be interesting. XD

Talra Di Deliren

Quote from: Starcry on September 29, 2016, 02:02:52 PM
Whoo hoo! Thanks!<3

I also only just noticed that Avynn was heartbroken by a full-blooded incubus so this is gonna be interesting. XD

For sure ^^

Mystriss

This story resonates with my novel!  How lovely.  I should like to join if I might.

Name ~ The naming conventions are quite odd here… Her lineage is Freya, her familiar title is Odessa.

Played By ~ Mystriss Freya

Age ~ Time is relative… 800 Earth years perhaps?

Sexuality ~ Freya enjoys all sexuality. - On/Off

Breed ~ People here say she is a demon?  Back home and they called her an Elf.  No, she is a Deshan. 

Power ~
Dimensional Manipulation – Shreds the fabric of space time.  In this facility it would only be used to retrieve and store objects.
Elemental Particle Manipulation – Physics based manipulation.  Freya specializes in the “fire” veins; unlikely any of it would be required in this haven.

Position ~ Customer.

Personality ~ Freya is extremely curious about this dimension as she’ll be stuck here for a while.  She is perhaps overly friendly, very hands on, and quite clever.  Freya has been getting better at controlling herself, but she suffers from a chemical and brain pattern "addiction" resulting in intense sexual desires.  She is excessively forward and has been in trouble with the law on numerous occasions, in numerous dimensions. 

Background ~ There was a war in her dimension between the CORE elves an the human lineages.  The stupid fools refused to submit and decided to destroy… everything, again. Her lineage is a proud one of 22 generations, her house was party to the lineage’s truce and her mate fought in The End War, they'd survived The Barrier Wars, and the bastard resistance “glassed” him.  Desperate she folded dimensions to find her mate alive, to no avail, they were all too similar...  She’s been folding dimensions for centuries and this is tenth dimension she’s found where the human lineages hadn’t started The Sovereign War, alas there are no Deshan, here, nor there, nor anywhere thus far.  It seems the two species might be incompatible… It was thought to be the case through The Barrier Wars, but none dared go against Heron and Depal...  Unfortunately she’s stuck here until she builds up enough energy for another fold - a decade at least, perhaps more given the frailty of the beings she’s drawn from thus far.  She just needs to keep her nose clean for a while more…  She was recently released from a prison in this place on the condition that she submit to scientific study – not that their boxes could hold her, but she is low on energy and grew tired of their dogged pestering.  Not to mention, quite frankly, being shot is a most unpleasant experience.  Now they are attempting to ply her for “technological” information, whatever the hell that might be, but she’s onto their deceptions.  One of the scientists directed her to this place, likely just a ploy to get information out of her, but she will never give them her lineage’s wisdom's; they are no doubt too stupid to possess even an iota of her thoughts! Searching - \ | / - CLASSIFIED - \ | / - <!# * DCCI OVERRIDE NID:192-22-2812 *> - / | \ - Additional Information Available

Talra Di Deliren

She is a definitely a curiosity. I would like to see her come in ^^

Talra Di Deliren

I've made a character page separate from this thread for a cleaner look.

PentheWonderful

Hi there! QuQ

I'm very interested in joining this roleplay, I've even popped over directly to the OOC thread to ask around. I saw that most of the candidates posted their CS here, so, should I do the same, or would it be preferable to send it through private message?

Nevertheless, I'm getting started on my CS. :)
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Mac84

Quote from: PentheWonderful on January 09, 2017, 06:37:35 AM
Hi there! QuQ

I'm very interested in joining this roleplay, I've even popped over directly to the OOC thread to ask around. I saw that most of the candidates posted their CS here, so, should I do the same, or would it be preferable to send it through private message?

Nevertheless, I'm getting started on my CS. :)

I don't see why you shouldn't post a provisional CS here. I even PMed the GM letting them know of your interest in the game. :-)

PentheWonderful

I've also PMed this to Talra Di Deliren, but I thought I'd share this here as well.

Name ~ Cassandra Moreaux

Played By ~ PentheWonderful

Age ~ Age? You lose track when you're immortal.

Sexuality ~ Bisexual, with a preference for men. ~Ons & Offs~

Breed ~ A creature dark and mysterious as the night she roams... A vampire.

Power ~ Telekinesis, the ability to move, manipulate, and control objects with one's mind. And Mind-Reading, the ability to see into one's brain through telepathic means.

Position ~
Musician Application
Name Cassandra Moreaux

Age Immortal, but probably somewhere in her late 600s

Position Applying For Musician

Skills In the hundreds of years she has been alive, Cassandra has developed a fondness towards music, the violin specifically, and is one of her favorite pastimes. She has performed in many venues all over the world in various time periods, and has at least 50 years of performance experience. The fact that she can look into her audience's minds ensure she always plays just the right melodies.

Reason for Job It's a reason for her to leave the family manor every now and again and just go out into town. She doesn't really need the money, so she would work for tips.

Personality ~ Mysterious, quiet, and private, Cassie is an enigma in and of herself, watching cryptically from a corner of the room. Individualistic with a sharp mind, quick wit, and a silver tongue, she is a strategist, an architect, an engineer of situations and happenings who enjoys her witty banter, irony, and sarcasm, but can't help feeling a bit melancholic at times. Authoritative, smoky eyed, and plump lipped, she is unpredictable and sometimes dangerous, but she can also take control of a situation with ease. Cultured and knowledgeable as one could possibly be, she is generally very observant, collected, and cool under pressure. Cassie relies greatly on her brilliant mind rather than her shriveled heart. Though she retains an easily amused, laid back attitude, she is emotionally detached and unable to truly commit to anyone, resulting in the string of broken hearts behind her.

Background ~ Cassandra was declared dead more than 600 years ago, when she was assaulted during a theft and left for dead in the filth and mud of medieval France. But that very same night, after her body had been stacked with the many others that awaited burial, she opened her eyes, and walked away. She was later found by the vampire that had turned her, Jeanne Moreaux, who adopted her into her 'family' and inducted her into the ways of the undead. The Moreaux family was a well-known and wealthy name in France, owning several businesses and trades, with a reputation for being notoriously attractive, never seeming to succumb to the flow of time. They are inconspicuous in their vampirism, often picking off outcasts or the homeless; people who would not be missed should they disappear, and they turn others when they desire to 'have a child'.

The family liked to travel, often leaving for generations at a time with its family members scattered all over the world, and owns multiple housing all over the world in order to hide the fact that they do not age, often coming back after a town's previous inhabitants have passed away. This allowed Cassandra to be introduced to various cultures world-wide, and experience countless adventures in many lifetimes. Unfortunately, she is allowed very little freedom being Jeanne's daughter, and ultimately body guard. However, as time progresses and towns grow into cities, and cities to metropolitan areas, it became easier to remain inconspicuous, and less to worry about with advanced security systems in place. Hence, Cassandra was finally allowed to indulge in solo adventures wherever she pleased, and has been in the past 5 decades.

It was during that time she managed to discover her her passion for traveling and music, going so far as to learning and instrument and performing in every venue that would allow her to play. Recently she had just returned home to the main family manor to slack off for a couple of decades before setting off again. In the meanwhile, she has decided to apply for a small time job performing regularly at an exclusive fae-only cafe that her 'sister' had recommended.
"The secret behind every genius is a heart full of sadness, a mind laced with madness, and just a little bit of magic."

Mac84

Sephora

-peeks in-

A friend and I might be interested, but it looks like the game hasn't been active in awhile.  Is it still going on? 

Inari

Still going, just some of us aren't feeling too well. Plus not a lot of members are here. :o

LamentingQuill

Working on a half angel/half human hybrid :)

Vergil Tanner

Hello, peeps! I am Seph's interested friend! If we came up with a couple of concepts, how long do you think it would take to get approved? :-)
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Mac84

Quote from: Sephora on February 19, 2017, 10:26:41 PM
-peeks in-

A friend and I might be interested, but it looks like the game hasn't been active in awhile.  Is it still going on?

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 20, 2017, 05:21:33 PM
Hello, peeps! I am Seph's interested friend! If we came up with a couple of concepts, how long do you think it would take to get approved? :-)

Hello Sephora, and Tanner. I'm very happy to see you're interested in the game. Our GM is currently juggling RL issues at the moment, and we hope she can return shortly. I've received a PM from her last week, and I'm taking that as a good sign.

Tanner, if you want. You can PM your concepts to both Me, and Talra Di Deliren. She is the GM.

At the moment, Humans are off the table for Playable characters. My character being the only exception.

Quote from: LamentingQuill on February 20, 2017, 02:53:57 PM
Working on a half angel/half human hybrid :)

Hello Quill, and welcome. I'm glad to see you're interested. While I can't say on the issue of Human Hybrids. That would be a question posed to the GM directly as she has clearly stated "No Humans" for this game. Again, my character is the exception cause of his Background. Of if perhaps your character's Backstory is interesting enough she may allow it. So in the event that a Human Hybrid is turned down for any reason. I would draw up a back up character just in case. :D

Vergil Tanner

Don't worry, our concepts are a Flower and Wolf Spirit, so we should have them with you soon :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Mac84 on February 20, 2017, 06:58:34 PM
Hello Sephora, and Tanner. I'm very happy to see you're interested in the game. Our GM is currently juggling RL issues at the moment, and we hope she can return shortly. I've received a PM from her last week, and I'm taking that as a good sign.

Tanner, if you want. You can PM your concepts to both Me, and Talra Di Deliren. She is the GM.

At the moment, Humans are off the table for Playable characters. My character being the only exception.

Hello Quill, and welcome. I'm glad to see you're interested. While I can't say on the issue of Human Hybrids. That would be a question posed to the GM directly as she has clearly stated "No Humans" for this game. Again, my character is the exception cause of his Background. Of if perhaps your character's Backstory is interesting enough she may allow it. So in the event that a Human Hybrid is turned down for any reason. I would draw up a back up character just in case. :D

I asked already

Vergil Tanner

LamentingQuill

'The Angel of Music'

Name ~ Liliana Sinclare

Played By ~ LamentingQuill

Age ~ 21

Sexuality ~ heterosexual

Breed ~ Angel/Human hybrid

Power ~

Heavens splendorous sound (Voice claim: Rebecca Caine)- Liliana's voice is so lovely that supernaturals are often drawn to her sweet song and mortals find themselves moved to tears by the sheer beauty meeting their ears.

Sometimes good things tend to happen to those nearby after hearing Liliana sing.

Liliana is able to almost effortlessly master any instrument she touches, her favorites being the violin and the piano.

Divine light- With enough concentration, Liliana can summon the inner divine light within her to her hands to heal almost any injury, she hasn't gotten very good at the nasty fatal wounds.

Position ~ Lounge singer

Personality ~

Personality- Liliana tends to be of a very polite and friendly manner, wanting to try at least to see the good in everyone and everything. Honest and loyal to fault, it can sometimes get the young woman in trouble, but it also paves the way for friendships that will last an eternity (literally).
That is not to say that Miss Sinclare is all sugar and everything nice, she can have a temper on her when the situation calls for it and is not afraid to throw a rather decent right hook if she needs to.

Likes (personal)- Opera music, classical orchestra, romance novels, walks on the beach just before sunset, picnics under the stars, cooking (mostly Asian and Italian dishes), sewing (she makes her own clothes when she can't find what she wants), people whom haven't forgotten what manners are, honorable people, loyalty.

Likes (sexual)- Vanilla. (See writer's own O/O's for further detail)

Dislikes (personal)- Rude and disrespectful people, kind of iffy about SOME demons (not all), cold weather, ugly clothes, dishes with mushroom in it and gaudy jewelry.

Dislikes (sexual)- Anal, bathroom play, SM and humiliation (See writer's O/O's for further detail)

Background ~

Liliana was born to opera singer Henrietta Sinclare and has never met her father, but according to her mother, he was an angel... and not just an angel, he was a high ranking angel of music... what he was doing on earth and seducing a human woman? That her mother was never too sure on, but she claims the sex was incredible (TMI, but whatever).
Her mother told her that her father, introduced to her as Aurelius, had claimed to have been drawn to her voice, that she moved his soul in a way he'd not felt in centuries... they began a love affair that went on for months before he eventually came to her and told her that he had to leave her, before heaven found out what they had done and punished them both.

Not long afterwards, Henrietta discovered she was pregnant with a baby girl and chose to keep the child, a symbol of the beautiful, but brief, love she had shared with her beloved angel of music.

Years later, a high ranking professor of Juilliard happened to be sitting in the pews of the church Liliana's family attended on Christmas morning and listened in awe as presently 18 year old Liliana stepped forward to solo sing Ave Maria... from there Liliana was offered a full scholarship to attend Juilliard.

Some kids stop believing in the fairy tales their parents tell them and for a time, Liliana in her youth had begun to believe her mother told her she was part angel as some sort of sweet make-believe game... but over time... well, sometimes the truth refuses to be ignored...
The way her voice could seem to move even the hardest heart to tears... the way she could master almost any instrument in practically no time at all... and the one thing most difficult for Liliana to apply normal human logic to... was being able to heal wounds with just the touch of her hand and a desire to do so...

Before going to Juilliard, Liliana knew she was going to have to accept the truth about herself and about the world, she was going to have to be careful to avoid notice, from anything nefarious in the world normal humans refused to believe in... and of humans themselves that might turn her into some kind of lab rat if they knew what she was and what she could do...
She wasn't entirely too certain what else was out there, but angel hating demons and corrupt humans were definitely of her 'must watch out for' list... something that almost made her uneasy about gaining fame and notice after she graduated from Juilliard... would someone notice the strange ethereal beauty of her voice and know it as divine? Would demons notice her and attempt her harm? What would do she do in the fact of those situations? She really had no idea whatsoever...

Liliana attended Juilliard for two years before she got the most devastating news of her life... her mother had contracted stage 4 brain cancer and couldn't afford the care of her treatments and hospice by herself... Liliana knew there was no way in the world she could leave her beloved mother to suffer alone like that, thus she made the greatest possible sacrifice for her mother and immediately dropped out of Juilliard to take care of the one person in the whole world whom was always there for her no matter what.

Little under a year later, Henrietta Sinclare died, leaving behind a truly devastated daughter...

Depressed, uncertain what to do next and too down to return to Juilliard, Liliana looked around her for anything in her surrounding area for something to take her mind away from her pain... and that was when she found it... it was almost if it was calling to her, beckoning her to it's doors...

Cafe de Fae...

She could feel it in the air when she walked through the doors... the energy... none of it human... it almost terrified her that she could feel it like this... so potent, so real... almost tangible...

Curious and uncertain about what she was doing, the lonely and miserable young woman yearning for something, anything, to do with herself and her life... put in the application for a lounge singer...

All she could do now... was wait...

Saku

This RP is still going on! It's just a little slow right now but I'm working to make things more active until Tal returns :) So if anyone thinks the RP sounds like fun, please go ahead and put your profile down!
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests