Embedding a Youtube video?

Started by Teo Torriatte, September 12, 2012, 12:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teo Torriatte

Ok so this is a terribly noobish question, I admit, but... how do I embed a Youtube video into  a message?

Autumn Sativus

It's done automatically when you post a youtube link, unless the video owner forbits embedding, in which case it will state that next to the link. :-)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Teo Torriatte

Oh heh... can you believe that's pretty much the one thing I didn't try? Thank you!

Kitsunetsuki

just make sure to use the "long link" and not the "youtu.be" one...when you click "share", under the url that appears, click "options" and select "long link"
[tr]
[td]
O.Os~A.As (around but not seeking)
Ideas (up-to-date)
Poetry~Singing~Wiki~Characters
How the men of Elliquiy have ruined me[/td][/tr][/table]

Haibane

If there is some particular reason why you don't want one to embed, ... I often like to just leave them as a straight link in IC posts ... use the [noembed ] [ /noembed] tags (without the spaces)

Devilyn Sydhe

sorry for the noob followup, but I'm feeling a bit foolish, I can get youtube links to embed, but I'm having a 'senior moment' in trying to get the player to show.  I posted in the music thread and the link is clickable but I cant remember how to make the video show.
Gah! nevermind this lol *kicks self, walks away muttering at himself*

Jag

I have a question about embedding videos...

Lately, when I post the link (the long link), it doesn't embed the video for me. It just shows me the link instead of posting the video. I know some videos don't embed on their own (depending on the video settings), but lately no video will embed for me. I checked all my settings and I don't have anything changed.

I'm trying to embed this one (which I have before and it worked):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr-SqRWImmI

But all I see is the link when I preview or post it. It's not embedding.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Autumn Sativus

You can't use https for embeds, just take the s out and it will embed.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Jag

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment