League of Legends: Shadows of Valoran - Recruiting!

Started by apygoos, March 12, 2013, 04:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

I have several plot ideas for group games that revolve around the established Lore in League of Legends. I'm curious to see who's interested in what and perhaps we can get a good game going

Plot Idea 1- The Void vs the Shadow Isles: This would be set in a darker time in Valoran. The ongoing wars between Demacia and Noxus began to distract the League officials from the true growing problem, Malzahar and his Cult of the Void, the terrors of the void serve as his generals. Void beast now cover the land, attacking villages of any region they see. The Crystal Scar has become overrun, and various strongholds in both Demacia and Noxus have fallen. The forces of Freljord  governed by King Tryndemere and Queen Ashe have yet to give any active involvement, keeping to their relatively safe region for now.  Piltover and Zaun are under constant siege , leaving the Demacian and Noxian forces spread thin. What hope is there left for Valoran? It may surprisingly enough come from the Shadow Isles, Where Karthus, in the name of balance, has pleaded to Mordekaiser to act, as they have the last sizable force to change the wind of this new twisted war.

Plot idea 2- The Bioforge Pact vs. the Steel Legion: Based off the thematic skins in game, as the lore says Zaun and Noxus made a pact that was giving Noxian forces biological modifications to give a new cutting edge in the battlefield, lead by Darius, the Hand of Noxus. Demacia's responce to this was thanks to the innovation of Jayce, the defender of tomorrow, making new levels of gear and equipment for demacian forces to combat the newly enhanced foe, forging the Steel Legion, Lead by Garen and Luxanna Crownguard.

Plot Idea 3: A more normal spin on things that focuses on the life and battles outside Summoners Rift.

plot idea 4: taken directly from Quinn's latest journal
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3296866
more info
QuoteWhen asked what Tryndamere is up to and if this Freljord conflict will boil down to one of the leaders allying with Demcia or Noxus, kitae replied:
"Tryn is still with Ashe.

I can see the parallels, but the Freljord tribal leaders are more concerned with internal conflict than aligning themselves with external powers. Neither Ashe nor Sejuani would welcome aid from Demacia or Noxus in their conflict."

In response to this someone remarked that Ashe, when compared to Sejuani or Lissandra, seems to be the the weakest of the three camps, kitae responded:
"Ashe is still the strongest player in the conflict. She has Tryndamere, Anivia and Nunu on her side, a large army, and the most hospitable land. More details will be revealed..."

Regarding Volibear's lore update, kitae explained a bit of the rational between switching Volibear's loyalty from Ashe to Sejuani.
"Part of the concept here is:
Ashe is progressive, unifying, peace seeking.
Sejuani is traditional, uncompromising, warlike.
We thought long and hard before shifting Volibear's alliance but he seemed better suited to Sejuani. His values of nobility, loyalty, and tradition align well with Sejuani. We kept his core motivation the same - motivated by a vision he has allied with a human leader to protect his tribe. Now Sejuani has a powerful ally which makes her a more legitimate threat to Ashe"

In another thread, someone shared their dismay that Anivia has been changed from an otherworldly being to a Freljord character and accused Riot of having some sort of vendetta against the few champions from different dimensions. kitae replied:
"There is no secret agenda to make all the champions from other worlds be from Runeterra.
Otherworldly origins are an import pant part of our storytelling. A good example is Kayle and Morgana. Part of what makes this duo cool is not only are they a light-angel and dark-angel sisters, they come from an entire world that mirrors their conflict.
In the case of Anivia, she was an ancient protector who after being summoned chose to take up the role of guardian of Freljord. While her other worldly origin was interesting, we saw an opportunity to create deeper ties between her and ancient Freljord. As the immortal protector of Freljord, we now can include her in those stories, and she becomes a good ancient counterpart to the ancient evil that is Lissandra.

Anivia remains what she has always been - an ancient elemental protector, who is protecting the Freljord. We've just made those lore ties deeper.

TLDR; Champions from other worlds are ok and will remain - in the case of Anivia we made her a stronger character and unlocked additional storytelling opportunities by making her a protector of ancient Freljord."

To clear up Lissandra's back story a bit, kitae compared her to Superman. saying:
"Lissandra = Clark Kent
Ice Witch = Superman (but evil) (and a chick)"
Although kitae did admit
"The bio actually is not very clear on this so my bad!"

If things are still a little confusion, kitae replied with "Yes this is pretty accurate" to the following FAN summary of Lissandra's lore
Lissandra is her actual name from before she became part of the Watchers
Once she gained her power and started stealing the identities of the Frostguard leaders she was given the name "The Ice Witch" due to folk lore and stories, of course no one knew she was the Ice Witch
Now that it's come time for set her plans in motion for world domination, rather than taking the identity of another successor, she is using her own identity since no one knows who she really is and merely taking on her original human appearance whilst masquerading for the public"

This of course lead to even more questions about the heirs, blood line, and more. kitae, however, said all that can't reveal that just yet.
"These are great questions, but I can't answer most of them right now without spoiling some upcoming lore.
Lissandra has lead the frostguard tribe for many hundreds of years. They were once noble, but that was a long time ago.
More information on the blood lines of the three sisters will be coming soon so I am not going to give any information out on that today.

How the Ice Witch chooses her "heir" and assumes her new identity is purposefully being kept a mystery for now. Please feel free to speculate."
Kitae did expand a little bit, saying:
"She named her successor Lissandra so when she took her identity she could reclaim her own name."
Credit to S@20 for the summary of lore clarification by Rioters

Obviously there could be a large cast of characters in any of these plots. Once enough interest is gathered we can zero in on the plot of choice and establish an opening cast! Feel freeto share and discuss thoughts here too!

character sheets!
Name:

species:

physical description/picture:

Orientation:

affiliation: i.e.Demacia, Noxus, Piltover, Freljord

Profession:

skills and/or abilities: While having more general skills, like in league, feel free to highlight more advanced techniques they know, as well as their "signature move" if applicable
personality:

Bio:

Ashena

I have a lot of love for LoL I play in tournaments on EU, and I just started an account on NA we need to play a game or to let me know what server your on. I am interested in the game. I have a very strong love for Eliese, Ahri, and Annie. If I could play one of them though I'm thinking how they word fit into the first few plots >…>

apygoos

Elise works very strongly into the first plot. She gave her human life to the Vilemaw, letting her be transformed into the Spider Queen. If the forces of the Shadow Isles act, she is obliged to join them.
Ahri and Annie would be x factors, as they dont have any distinct side. Glad to see you're interested!

Ashena

Quote from: apygoos on March 12, 2013, 07:26:53 AM
Elise works very strongly into the first plot. She gave her human life to the Vilemaw, letting her be transformed into the Spider Queen. If the forces of the Shadow Isles act, she is obliged to join them.
Ahri and Annie would be x factors, as they dont have any distinct side. Glad to see you're interested!

Yeah I love LoL its so much fun. I am not a huge lore buff but I will read up on some

apygoos

there is so much lore..you could get lost in it for a few hours if you got comfy with it.

Rhaegar14

I might be interested in this. Though I think that exploring the Rune Wars, either before the creation of the League or after it falls apart, would be fun.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

apygoos

I think if we went that way it would be after the collapse of the league. it allowed for most all the champion to be some kind of force in Valoran.

Revenent

Count me in if you get enough interest for this, too. I think any of the ideas sound interesting, really; taking parts of the lore and saying "What if this problem got more serious?" ;D

apygoos

SargentToughie

I suppose I can throw my interest into this one, I'm a bit of a lore nerd when it comes to LoL, so I'd be interested to see where this goes.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Revenent

Quick question: is it just characters that already exist in the game that we're allowed to use, or are we allowed to make OCs? If we did the first plot, I would probably just play Thresh, because Thresh is delightful, but I'd probably want to come up with a new character for the others.

apygoos

OCs will be accepted, but especially if we go with the first plot, there are some central characters that need to be solidly in the game. i.e. Mordekaiser and Malzahar.
OC's will be fun to see because of such a large race pool to choose from: Humans, elves, yordles, ursine, voidling. magical creature, etc

SargentToughie

First plot line? Do I even need to say it?

ALL ABOARD THE CHO-CHO TRAIN! NEXT STOP: VICTORY!
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Revenent

Would you be playing those central characters, then, or would you allow the players to pick them up as well?

Also...there are elves in Valoran?

apygoos

im fairly sure there are.
also lol Cho, next level definition of eating  her out.

apygoos

so far we have 4 interested, + myself. It's enough to do something, but imma leave it open for a bit longer before we take off too deep into  discussion about what we would like to ultimately pull out here.

Ashena

Revenent

Depending on what plot we go with, and depending on if I do a female character or not, my current inclination is to do a female hemomancer who's an apprentice to Vlad. I assume there's no problem with connecting OCs to preexisting characters?

apygoos

not at all, at least in this RP. like you can say you were a machine built by Viktor, am upcoming rival inventor of Jayce in Piltover, etc. Often i find though the loose the connection is, the better. Across all plots, an apprentice of Vlad would make you Noxian, more than likely. I have a hard time seeing Vlad take on an apprentice as he has such a superiority complex, however, this student could possibly have show exceptional potential.
Zac will be a viable playing option, once we know more about his kit. Some skins also, depending on the plot, i may let exist as their own character. I.e. Ez vs pulsefire ez, Varus vs Arclight Varus, in otherwords, skins that tie into the lore still, but have an almost separate character all of their own.

Revenent

apygoos

super teemo woudl be one of these people

Orochimaru

The plot points look interesting enough. I would want to see what develops though.

Garen would be easy enough for me. Talon as well. If a Zuan is needed.... Twitch.

Revenent

Well, the way I see it, Vlad's superiority complex about his craft would make him glad to take on an apprentice to show off further, though he probably wouldn't ever do the ritual with them until he gets very old. If nothing else, it could just be a weaker hemomancer from a separate line, maybe one that has very different ideals to Vlad.

I just like the idea of writing a character with that ability, since I've been playing a lot of Vlad top and mid lately.

apygoos

Either way, as long as she does her part, so to say.

apygoos

also i wonder If anyone is going to take on Karma..her visual rework is sexy, and her new kit is just as sexy.
the "leaders" are as follows: Karma - Ionia, Ashe - Freljord, Volibear - Cheiftan of the Ursine, Jarvan IV - Prince of Demacia, Swain - The Noxian commander, Garen - Captain of the Dauntless Vanguard, Darius - Noxian captain, Caitlyn - Piltovers most prominent figure outside of, Jayce, Viktor - Zaun. Mordekaiser - Shadow Isles.
And for anyone noting, Nocturne counts as a  shadow isle entity.and would be part of their forces in the plot 1 idea.