The Scourge of Blacktower (Dungeon World) [Van-E] (Closed)

Started by Blank, October 21, 2018, 12:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunmetalDreamer

Ah, the playbook doesn't list Racial moves because all of the playbooks in Grim World use the same Racials.  It's page 8 of the book.  For the sake of example:

Human Plasticity:  When creating a character, you may choose to take a Starting Move from any class playbook not already in use.  However, one of your existing Starting Moves becomes an Advanced Move (you lost it, but you can choose it later when you level up).  The GM will ask you how you came to learn the ability.

Quote from: ZincStandard on October 25, 2018, 06:48:16 PM(expect her first reaction to a fight breaking out to be to duck for cover and let the semi-professional murderers handle it).

Hey!  I'm a professional murderhobo, I'll have you know.

Blank

I'd happy if we got one more.  Four is a pretty good butter zone for players at a virtual table.  I was thinking at maximum wait until this Sunday (the thread will be a week old by then), but at minimum one more day (because I got home super late and haven't been able to write anything).

What do you all think?

:P Indeed, Isma and Seras are scary.  They can be scary friends!

Blank

Link to OOC thread

I'll post the Information Thread a bit later.  In the Information Thread, you can store your character sheets, and I'll index them on the first post.

Blank

Information Thread

Feel free to post characters there and any other relevant world information to be indexed for reference.

Kathyan

Hi Blank and hi everyone. I'd love to join in, I had an idea about making a paladin but not sure about it so would like to check again.

Blank

Sure! Go ahead and post it! You dropped in just in time. We're doing starting to do bonds in the ooc thread.

Kathyan

Vafi Cieleclat
Class:[/b] Paladin
Level: 1
Experience: 0
Sexuality: Pansexual Dominant

Description: Descendant of the faithful servants of the goddess of Light Vafi inherited natural grace and charm, smooth creamy skin and deep sapphire blue eyes where one could easily get lost into if you are distracted by the sight of her hourglass figure or generous sized bosom. Usually wearing loose shirts or tunics she likes to match them with skintight pants and belts that allow her freedom of movement as well as showing off the holy symbol she bears hanging on her chest but that also further accentuate her shapely curves and daring cleavage. But she is far more than candy for sore eyes and joyous respite for gloomy hearts for she also has a strong arm against the creatures of evil and stern judge for wrongdoers.

Background: Vafi comes from the church of Ciela, an organization that offers protection against the denizens of darkness. Her parents were priests of the order who taught her and prepared her to follow their steps into strenghtening the hopes of the people while the warriors of the order were to take care of the crusades.

But despite the formation she was recieving the recent events that were happening behind the walls opened her eyes to a new truth, people needed protection beyond prayers now. Fear was invading the hearts of the people even if they didn't go out and corruption and crime seemed to increase before her eyes, as if the darkness was not just lurking into forests and plains out of the city but was also lurking into the hearts of the people too. That was something she couldn't stand, that was something she had to put an end to.

Setting aside her religious duties Vafi went through a hastened training that would prepare her to got outside to pursue the quest of vanishing whatever the source of this darkness could be and to bring out the inner light from within others hearts, punishing wrongdoers in theprocess of course.

Her motivations were so pure and right that even while her thinking seemed too radical she was granted approval by her parents and by the church allowing her to go out to protect the innocent and to bring justice wherever it was needed, she was the law now and as such she wandered proudly.

Strength: 15(+1)
Agility: 9(+0)
Constitution: 12(+0)
Intelligence: 8(-1)
Wisdom: 13(+1)
Charisma: 16(+2)

Hit Points: 22
Armor: 3
Damage: 1d10

Alignment: Lawful: Deny mercy to a criminal or unbeliever.

Bonds:
______'s misguided behavior endangers their very soul!
______ has stood by me in battle and can be trusted completely.
I respect the beliefs of ______ but hope they will someday see the true way.
______ is a brave soul, I have much to learn from them.

Likes: prayer, camaraderie, wine, being on charge, loose tops, tightness (every kind of it  >:)).
Dislikes: theft, mistreat, darkness, low morals, submitting (not opposed to her being forced or tricked to submit at all, actually that is encouraged ^^).

Gear: Load: 8/13
dungeon rations (5 uses, 1 weight)
-scale armor (2 armor, 3 weight)
-mark of faith, a small necklace that sometimes gets lost between her tits (0 weight)
-Long sword (close, +1 damage, 1 weight) and shield (+1 armor, 2 weight)
-Dungeon rations (1 weight) and healing potion (0 weight)

Moves:
Human: When you pray for guidance, even for a moment, and ask, “What here is evil?” the GM will tell you, honestly.

Lay on Hands
When you touch someone, skin to skin, and pray for their well-being , roll+CHA.
On a 10+ you heal 1d8 damage or remove one disease.
On a 7–9, they are healed, but the damage or disease is transferred to you.

Armored: You ignore the clumsy tag on armor you wear.

I am the law
When you give an NPC an order based on your divine authority, roll+Cha.
On a 7+, they choose one:
Do what you say
Back away cautiously, then flee
Attack you
On a 10+, you also take +1 forward against them.
On a miss, they do as they please and you take -1 forward against them.

Quest
When you dedicate yourself to a mission through prayer and ritual cleansing, state what you set out to do:
-Discover the truth of the lurking darkness

Then choose up to two boons:
-Senses that pierce lies
-A voice that transcends language

The GM will then tell you what vow or vows is required of you to maintain your blessing:

Honor (forbidden: cowardly tactics and tricks)
Temperance (forbidden: gluttony in food, drink, and pleasure of the flesh)
Piety (required: observance of daily holy services)
Valor (forbidden: suffering an evil creature to live)
Truth (forbidden: lies)
Hospitality (required: comfort to those in need, no matter who they are)

GunmetalDreamer

'Ey!  I've been saving that image for a character m'self.  Good taste.

ZincStandard

Hoo boy...now might be a bad time to mention that for Yulia, "paladin" is code for "witch hunter".

Kathyan

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on October 27, 2018, 09:26:31 PM
'Ey!  I've been saving that image for a character m'self.  Good taste.
:P

Thanks,... and err you can still use it since it was not for this game, right?

Quote from: ZincStandard on October 27, 2018, 09:30:36 PM
Hoo boy...now might be a bad time to mention that for Yulia, "paladin" is code for "witch hunter".

That could lead to some funny situations. Say Vafi does not think every witch is evil but Yulia doesn't know that and could be concealing her true identity, how does that sound?

GunmetalDreamer

Oh yeah, it's no problem at all.  I keep a pretty hefty stock of images around for me to use these days, I'm just bemused every time I see someone else found the same one :P

I'm not sure if you're that far along yet, but are you planning on picking up Divine Favor ASAP?

Edit:  Honestly, I'm feeling a bit wonky about having gone full animu with my character art, but Dragon's Crown was the reference point I had <_<

Kathyan

I do have some stock of pictures to use as well, not too big (or so I believe) but also feel that way when that happens to me. I've even saved some other have used to use them myself too, not that I have had the chance to do so yet but still :P

Yes I plan on picking Divine Favor on level up but that's all I have planned so far.

No worries, although I understand. I do try to keep in line with others about image style. ^^

ZincStandard

I don't think Yulia would bother hiding that she's a witch from Vafi, at least when Vafi seems to be operating on her own, out of contact with the rest of her order.  I do think, though, that it would cause some significant trust and cooperation problems--not that I mind.

Blank

Quote from: ZincStandard on October 27, 2018, 09:30:36 PM
I don't see the problem here.  ;)

@Kathpan she looks awesome (and hot). What does she think of other faith other than hers?

But you are in! Post her sheet in the information thread and discuss bonds with friends!

Do you have thoughts on what vows would interest you? I'd pick temperance (to lure her into breaking it) and honor.

GunmetalDreamer

It's cool, I was thinking about doing much the same with Multiclass Dabbler.  We can be Divine Casting Martial buddies!  Or I can consider other options :P

Kathyan

Quote from: ZincStandard on October 27, 2018, 10:04:20 PM
I don't think Yulia would bother hiding that she's a witch from Vafi, at least when Vafi seems to be operating on her own, out of contact with the rest of her order.  I do think, though, that it would cause some significant trust and cooperation problems--not that I mind.
Not at all, that could certainly be fun :)

Quote from: Blank on October 27, 2018, 10:05:34 PM
I don't see the problem here.  ;)

@Kathpan she looks awesome (and hot). What does she think of other faith other than hers?

But you are in! Post her sheet in the information thread and discuss bonds with friends!

Do you have thoughts on what vows would interest you? I'd pick temperance (to lure her into breaking it) and honor.
Tempting her into breaking her temperance sure would be fun but it would be too restrictive, plus I'd thought she would love drinking, how about Hospitality instead?

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on October 27, 2018, 10:06:50 PM
It's cool, I was thinking about doing much the same with Multiclass Dabbler.  We can be Divine Casting Martial buddies!  Or I can consider other options :P
Sounds like fun if you think it wouldn't be too much :P

But sure go ahead, we could plan some bonding then.

Blank

Hospitality it is! That way sexy times aren't as hard to get by.