M:TG Roleplaying Group

Started by Remec, April 24, 2010, 09:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMTwo

Also to throw my hat in on voting this or that.

I would say it may be necessary to do two different games, one free form and one structured. If people don't like the structured rules that are invented, then a freeform game can crop up after.

GryphonCompanion

So, is this officially dead? Or are we going forward with this? >.>

GC
GCs O/Os
GCs A/As (Updated 12/14)
GCs Story Ideas

I have seen slower people than I am and more deliberate … and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But, they were dead.
- Mark Twain

Remec

Quote from: GryphonCompanion on May 16, 2010, 03:15:25 PM
So, is this officially dead? Or are we going forward with this? >.>

I have something in mind to kick things off, but just need a few days to get the time to write in quiet. *g*

It would be something more in line with the novel Arena and the follow-up books. ie, Duelists form their decks by learning or being taught spells, and by tagging specific lands for use in tapping into in order to summon previously tagged specific creatures. As such, when a duel begins, you have access to an initial group of resources which slowly increase round by round.

How structured is the rping forum here in terms of can I set up an initial post and let people join as they will (both in the OOC and the IC) or do we need to have a roster of sorts of who's playing upfront before we get started?

8-)

TheGlyphstone

What game? We never even managed to agree on how to set up the rules. ;D

Latooni Subota

-Notices progress in the thread- Ohsnap, yey!

I'm still in, of course! And Arena-style is my sorta thing, though I still think my PERFECT RULES are besterest ever! :3

Remec, for your structure question, it's pretty much just an issue of your taste. You can do it either way really . . though I always prefer the more structured way of getting a roster of people first. That's just me though :3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Remec

Okay, so let's say we want to go with a roster of people, here's everyone who's expressed an interest (interest being defined as posting here):

Ex68471
Saerra  (bowed out 5/1)
TheGlyphstone
GryphonCompanion
Latooni Subota
Katina Tarask
Vandren
bluemoon
alxnjsh
RubySlippers
MMTwo
Zebu
Sanai

8-)

Geeklet

Just now noticed this thread, and though its been ages since I've played, depending on how the rules turn out, I might be interested.

HockeyGod

Groovy - as long as the rules are fairly clear I'm game.