Dungeon crawl-freeform- interest check

Started by Verasaille, December 09, 2014, 07:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warlock

Name: AnnĂșngil
Description: Reference
Race: Elf
Basic personality: Disgruntled, prone to occasional feelings of jealousy and possessiveness but also dependable and caring with a deep well of tenacity. A veener of security in her own identity, hiding conflicting emotions and deep distrust of humans, through a lack of self-reflection that at the surface shows a sense of certainty in actions and conviction.
Weapon preference: Farmers implements, axes.
Magic: No

Verasaille

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

AndyZ

Do you want characters posted here for approval before we put them in the OOC/Character thread?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Verasaille

You don't have to, unless you want to. I am fine with the concepts I saw. Do include gender though, I forgot to put that line in.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

HopeFox

This sounds pretty interesting. I think I might like to play a barbarian type, either human or orc - someone from a culture where might makes right, who isn't much used to needing to make compromises and cooperate. That could make for some intriguing roleplaying and development. Is there anything I should know about the setting before posting a character? If I have magic (it would only be a very small amount of magic if I did), can it be of any form I like (animist/shamanistic, for example)?
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Verasaille

Hello! I am sure we can accommodate you. Read it carefully and post your character sheet according to the format I give here. This is where we have the OOC thread,

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=219271.0

And here is the IC. Pick an alcove no one else has picked and you can post after you put in your character sheet. Please remember to keep in mind this is  Light exotic group. Read what others have posted and if you can post at least once a day would be great.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=219273.0

selfexiled

Woohoo! I wanna play I wanna play! Can I play?? Ok now that I got that out of my system. I would love to join this adventure.

name:Mikka Dulon
description:working on it
race:Human
basic personality: Mikka is a practicing warrior priest. Though he's got a better handle on the warrior part than the priest part. Is often reminded to control his temper, and not be so hasty. Though he's patient compared to many warriors he's friends with.
magic:Yes. Though even on a good day it's not that powerful.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Verasaille

Hi Selfexiled! Sure you can play! I had a couple back off. There is a link a couple posts up you can put your character in the OOC and start thinking of the entrance. Both the IC and OOC are up there.

Remember we are without magic and you have to follow the concept of what I have already posted in the OOC. Also when you post let me know which alcove you wish to be placed in.

selfexiled

Roger roger. Real quick like and completely different topic anyone playing here want to join me and Vera in her pirate play? We're horribly short on  people.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

Izaya Orihara

This okay?

Name: Dalvarien Mandragoran
Age and Gender: 120, Male
Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Race: Half-Daemonfey, half-Eladrin
Basic personality: One part of him is arrogant, calculating, and dismissive of others, whilst another aspect is quiet, kind, shy, insecure and easily cowed. He possesses something of a split personality, and thus it may vary to an unpredictable extent.
Weapon preference: Sword, composite bow.
Magic (yes or no and what school-elemental or arcane): Yes, and it tends to involve summoning weapons made out of sorcerous energy (hence some trouble when he can't summon weapons), as well as due to his origins, teleportation, and an affinity to shadow.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Verasaille

Izaya, is that an elf or human? Half of each is fine. You are aware this is something I expect a post several times a week if not daily? The only reason I say this is because you were so slow posting in another thread I was with you in.

I want to keep thinks moving at a pace we can all keep up with. Cooperation means we have to all keep an eye on what is happening. If you can accept this then you may join us.

The OOC and IC threads are listed above.

Izaya Orihara

Well, using D&D races, I was thinking half-Eladrin and half-Daemonfey, if that's okay. And yeah, I believe I can post regularly, since unlike before, I'm less busy for the time being.
Being not involved in too many RPs helps too, though I don't do that anywhere near as much as I used to.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Verasaille

All right then Izaya, post your character concept with a picture in the OOC thread and tell me which alcove you wish. Since Warlock has declined slot upper 3 is now open as well as upper 4 and 6. Lower 2, 3, 5, and 6 are open still.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=219271.0

here is IC:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=219273.0

Pay attention all of you to what others post. Thanks for such a wonderful turn out!!  ;D

Chulanowa

Name: Three
Age and Gender: Female, seventeen (which is roughly 25 in kobold-years.)
Description: Could be mistaken for a dragon, if you were very drunk, and very small. Three stands about that many feet tall, and is covered in smooth, gold-tan scales, with a pair of small pronglike horns. Has big expressive green eyes that reflect like a cat's. Despite assumptions, she's warm-blooded.
Race: Kobold
Basic personality: Inquisitive, sarcastic, slight chip on shoulder, at least around mammals. Like to pit her wits against larger creatures, which is very nearly everything that isn't a kobold. Dislikes gnomes, spiders, and being set on fire (this is a legitimate worry for kobolds.) Likes alcohol, gold, cheap humor, and goblin-whacking. Secret crush: Rube Goldberg (in theory). Favorite movie quote: "Clever Girl... *YEEAAARRRGGGHHH!*"
Weapon preference: Mining pick, if laser-cannon death rays powered by the tears of gnomes are not available. They're probably not. She can learn to make do.
Magic: No magic. But can get very creative with tinkering. Do not let the Kobold have magic. You've been warned.

Verasaille

Chulanowa, I like your character! You may join us. please take your sign up to the OOC thread listed above and choose an alcove not taken.

Anyone else wanting to join I am afraid I will have to say no, we have already lost a couple who do not like large groups.

So the sign ups are closed for now. Thanks for your interest.

I may open this up again to a second group later. But not right now.