Aeon Trinity: Last Rites (interest check)

Started by Bloody Rose, May 21, 2011, 10:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloody Rose

just wondering who here would like to play Trinity. I am talking about the D10 one not the d20 one. I am looking for at least three interest players so i can start thinking about the plot and all that pretty stuff. Let me know via pm or a post here.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=108405.0   - Ic thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=108103.0 – Character Sheets thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=108406.0 –OOC thread

Muse

Yo!  *Pounce!*  I am SO there! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Solstice

Though I'm inexperienced with the system, I am otherwise cautiously interested. :o
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Muse

As I recall off the top of my head, the game is something like this. 

Trinity is a White Wolf Game set in a science fiction era of exploration of the solar system and the first jumps to near solar systems.  (It was originally titled Aeon Trinity but MTV threw a fit.) 

The players are members of psychic orders who use their powers to advance and protect humanity through alien first contacts, exploration, and the worst nightmare of the era... 

Before there were psychics, there were novas.  Thought of in the 2100s as superheros who controlled weak and strong nuclear forces through an overdeveloped node in their brains, they are remembered today as gods among men who proved to be monsters who ravaged and conquered.  We remember them as Aberrant  They would have wrecked all if the Chinese were not willing too offer them an ultimatum:  "Leave the earth or our nuclear platforms will reduce it to a cinder." 

The leader of the Abberants--Divas Mal--strode into the United Nations council chamber and seized the chairman by his lapels, incinerating him instantly.  He made a brief speech, ending with the words, "We accede to  your demands today.  Beware, your legacy is our future."  All around the world, the Aberrant flew into the sky and vanished beyond the solar system. 

Today they have returned, hideously mutated into tentacled creatures adapted to life in the void of space with their same powers. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Bloody Rose

I am still figuring out wich direction to go with this story, however I will leave you to choose from three paths...
Horror: (I have a idea for this one)

Adventure: (i can figure something out)

Open plot: (you guys create how you meet and i start throwing plots out slowly)

Elven Sex Goddess

I have the original book title Aeon Trinity.   Before as Muse stated MTV threw the fit and had to change the name.  Would love to play a game of this.   Dam going to have to go down to storage in basement to dig out the book.

Bloody Rose

lol good luck with thath Goddess

Muse

Cool, ESG, I was going to try to get you attention this way.  My copy is under the Trinity title. 

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Muse on May 22, 2011, 01:08:48 AM
Cool, ESG, I was going to try to get you attention this way.  My copy is under the Trinity title.

I inherited from my dad,  Its the limited edition AEON.   Anyways I thinking of going with one from the order of NOVA (err Norca :) ), an biokinesis - transmogrify.  Thou pondering perhaps also one from the Ministry.

Muse

*smiles*  I was going for NORCA as well, though I specialize in Psychomorphing. 

It'll be easy to switch to any number of other concepts if we turn out too redundent. 

Elven Sex Goddess

Character submission for the game.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Angela Victoria Valdez Cortez
Origin:  Nobody
Nature:  Follower
Appitude:  Biokinesis
Allegiance: Norca

Attributes and abilities

Physical (Secondary)

Strength

Dexterity  3
Athletics  2
Martial Arts  3 (leg kicks)
Melee 2
Stealth  3

Stamina  3

Mental (tertiary)

Perception

Intelligence 2
Intrusion  3
Linguistics  2 (native Spanish,  English,  Chinese)
Medicine  1

Wits  2
Rapport 1

Social  (Primary)

Appearance
Style  2

Manipulation 3
Subterfuge  3

Charisma  4 (Charming)
Perform 2
Savvy  4 (Information)

Backgrounds

Ally
  1  Customs agent
Cipher  4
Citizenship  2  (Columbia,  United States,  China)
Clearance  1
Resources  2

Modes  (Biokinesis)

Transmogrify
(Level 1 Gross Manipulation)
(Level 2 Molding)
(Level 3 Transformation)

Adaptation  1
(Level 1 Metabolic Efficiency)

Willpower  5
Psi  5
Initiative  6
Movement  Walk 5,  Run 15,  Sprint 29

Merits

Animal Magnetism - (-1)

Flaws

Curiosity -  (+2)
Horny - (+1)

Bio Brief:   Angela born in Columbia is of indigenous racial stock of Columbia, the Kuna tribe.  From the very south east region of Columbia in which the northern portions of the Amazon rain forest extend into.   Of which only three percent of the total population of Columbia resides.    Of course like anything on the subject.   This is only reflective of gathered intelligence.   Through not entirely certain as being official.    Just as her full name of Angela Victoria Valdez Cortez.   Numerous alias have been associated with the subject.   Samantha Smith,  Josie Xu as two of the prominent alias used by the subject.   

Even more disconcerting is the subjects physical description.   Analysts have select the three likely photos of  possible identification of the subject as to her natural appearance.   With the subject being a Psi with biokinesis  that is adapt in transmogrify.  The subject is basically  a  chameleon.   

The photo on the left is considered to be the most likely the true representative of the actual natural appearance of subject.  The photo computer generated from a near reliable baby picture of the subject.  With approximation of age taken in consideration.  The middle and on the right,  these photos or similar photos of shown likeness has surfaced on numerous traffic camera and security camera  photos taken.   Thus their inclusion as possible actual natural appearance. 

The subject age is determine to be between the age of twenty to thirty years of age.  No actual birth certificate is listed for the subject. 

The subject as with majority of Norca agents is martial combat trained.   The subject is trained in the art of Capoeira.   Her signature moves is her kicks.

Extreme caution should be used with subject.  As a transmogrify Psi,  the subject can readily turn her limbs into weapons.   Normal devices of restraints are near useless on the subject.

Psychological evaluation  (Norca files):    Agent number A-8869  shows a strong sediment with working  others.   Highly efficient in her abilities.   Shows clear demeanor of being able to follow orders.   Subject achieved satisfaction in exercises only when her team as a whole succeeded.   The subject performance and success ratio drops significantly when tasks as team leader or one in position of authority.    Subjects ultimate operating psychological operating performance is as a follower, is concluded.   

Bloody Rose

Looks good, welcome I will be making mine soon

Muse

Here's a legion girl I'm working on.  She's made with Merits and Flaws.  Let me know if you don't want them and I'll take them back out. 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name:      Cassandra Connell
Concept:      West Point Snob
Nature:      Leader
Aptitude:      Psychokinetic
Alegiance:   The Legions

Age      24

Height      5'9"
Weight      151
Bust      D

Hair      Golden Brown
Eyes:      Blue
Skin      Bronze

Strength         3
Brawl      0
Might      1

Dexterity         3
*Athletics      3
Drive      1
*Firearms      1
Legerdemain   0
*Martial arts   0
*Melee      3
Pilot      3
Stealth      0

Stamina         4
Endurance   1
Resistence   0

Perception      2
--Awareness   1
--Investigation   0

Intelegence      2
--Academics   1
--Bureaucracy   0
--Engineering   1
--Intrusion      0
--Linguistics   0
--Medecine   0
--Science      0
*--Survival      1

Wits         5
--Arts      0
--Meditation   1
--Rapport      0

Appearence      4
--Intimidation   1
--Style      1
Manipulation      1
*--Comand   2
--Interogation   0
--Subterfuge   0

Charisma         2
--Etiquette      1
--Perform      0
--Savvy      0

Willpower      6/6

Psi      6/6

Psychokinesis:
Basic Technique
Temperature Control: It's hard for a psychokinetic to resist exerting his power even slightly over his surroundings.
The psion adjusts the temperature of his surroundings almost ref lexively to a range that he finds comfortable or that 
reflects his current mood. This technique is harmless to all but the most sensitive devices, but anyone near the 
psychokinetic will certainly feel the temperature change.
System: Roll Psi; your character can raise or lower the temperature in a small area (roughly a three-meter radius 
centered on him) by up to 15 °C. The adjusted temperature drops off rapidly beyond the effect's radius until it equals 
the ambient temperature. The change lasts as long as your character concentrates (+1 difficulty to other actions while 
maintaining this effect), and temperature returns to normal 10 minutes afterward.  Each extra success rolled can either 
add one degree Celcius to the temperature variation or extend the duration for one minute beyond the time of 
concentration.

CRYOKINESIS:  The universe may not be an orderly place, but that can always be changed. That's the philosophy 
behind Cryokinesis: imposing order on overactive molecules, slowing their motion, cool ing the objects they comprise. 

A potent cryokinetic can lower the temperature of almost any object, even a person; either pleasantly cooling
his subject — or freezing it solid. 

• Thermal Screen: The first thing any self-respecting Legionnaire learns is how to protect himself.  By drawing in 
ambient heat, the psion can shield himself From the worst effects of exposure, cold damage or even from cryokinetic 
attacks. This effect can make the psion's immediate surroundings even colder as the psychokinetic absorbs more and 
more heat energy. 
System: Spend a Psi point and roll; each success adds one point to your character's soak against both Bashing and 
Lethal cold effects. The screen lasts for the rest of the scene. At 4 Cryokinesis, the Thermal Screen may be extended 
around your character a number of meters in radius equal to half his Psi score (rounded up).  While this power is in 
effect, your character's infra-red register increases drastically since he's gathering heat around himself (anyone with 
IR-sensing equipment who monitors your character's position gets one automatic success to pick up his signature).

• • Hypothenmic Blast: The psion focuses a quick blast of supercooled air at a target. The sudden freezing effect 
visibly frosts the air between psion and subject, and can slow the target's metabolism or even cause Frostbite.   
System: Spend one point and roll Psi in a resisted action against the target's Endurance. Every extra success you roll 
translates into one Bashing Health Level applied to the victim (this damage bypasses soak). Additionally, every two 
extra successes put the target at +1 difficulty to all actions for the next three turns as her limbs become numb.  If the 
target has Thermal Screen up, she may add its rating to her Endurance total for the resisted roll.  Your character may 
affect a target at a range of up to 10 times his Psi rating in meters. Upon reaching four dots in Cryokinesis, your 
character may affect a number of targets equal to his Psi score, simultaneously (if they're within range). Each target's 
roll and the results are resolved individually against your single roll. 

• • • Flash Freeze: The psion slows the motion of free liquids, freezing them to solids in the space of seconds.  This 
effect can be used on such high-temperature liquids as boiling water or molten metal, although the higher the 
substance's current temperature the more challenging this becomes. Flash Freeze is not effective against living beings

or other complex organisms.  This power may also be used for less direct effects, such as condensing and Freezing 
surrounding water vapor (a psion could Fill his drink with ice and dehumidiFy the room at the same time).
System: Spend one Psi point and roll.  The number of extra successes required to freeze a target depends on the 
substance and its current temperature. The chart below indicates the number of successes needed to freeze a 
substance with an ambient temperature between 10 "C and 40 °C. The target remains frozen until it thaws naturally 
back to ambient temperature (for particularly large or dense substances, this could take hours).
Successes
Needed       Substance
One       Water
Two       Alcohol
Three       Oil
Four       Liquid Nitrogen
Five       Mercury
A greater number of successes may be required for significantly hotter substances. Generally, the Storyteller may 
require an extra success for every additional 40 °C that a substance is above 40 "C. If you don't roll the full number of 
successes required, your character can still reduce the substance's temperature by an amount that the Storyteller feels

is suitable.  A surface or object affected by this power suffers the effects of a drastically reduced temperature, from 
Frosted- or iced-over surface to brittleness to possibly permanent structural damage. Specifics are up to the 
Storyteller.  Your character can affect a substance that is up to his Psi score in meters radius at a range of up to five
times this Mode's rating in meters (at 3 Cryokinesis, he can Flash Freeze a substance up to 15 meters away). At 4 
Cryokinesis, he may Freeze a number of separate substances equal to his Psi score, simultaneously.

PYROKINESIS:  Excitement — that's what Pyrokinesis is all about.  It's the ability to lock onto a target and excite its 
molecules, raising its temperature, changing its physical state, possibly even setting it on fire. At extremes, Pyrokinesis

allows a psion to direct the path of excited molecules, exhibiting control over the very size and shape of flames.

• Flame Immunity: This basic defensive effect enables the psion to vent excess heat away from himself reflexively. 
The psion can use Flame Immunity to resist damage from fire, heat or even superheated plasma. 
System: Spend a Psi point and roll; each success adds one point to your character's soak against both Bashing and 
Lethal heat or fire effects. This resistance may also be used against superheated effects such as plasma or lasers, but

at half the total successes rolled (rounded up).  This eFFect activates automatically and lasts for the remainder of the 
scene. At 3 Pyrokinesis, Flame Immunity may be extended around your character over a number of meters in radius 
equal to half his Psi score (round up). With four dots in Pyrokinesis, this radius increases equal to your character's full 
Psi score. In contrast to Thermal Screen, this power reduces your character's infra-red signature while in effect since
he's dissipating heat away from himself (those with IRsensing equipment who monitor in his direction are at +1
difficulty to detect your character's register). 

One of the most instinctive psi abilities, Telekinesis (also called "TK" or "teke") is the ability to move a physical object 
with sheer mental power. This Mode relies on having items to manipulate; a telekinetic can't block an attack that he can't

see coming, nor strike an opponent without a handy missile to throw, Most Telekinesis powers can be used to affect 
anything within line of sight, but trying to move something with precision from a distance almost always increases the 
Psi roll's diFficulty, to an extent dependent on how clearly your character can see the target.  Your character can 
maintain a telekinetic hold or Other maneuver while performing other tasks, althoughdoing so incurs a diFficulty to his 
other actions based on the TK effect's complexity. Typically, holding something in place imposes a +1 diFficulty to 
other actions, while fieldstripping a weapon or getting dressed telekinetically applies a +2 to other difficulties. Any
actions performed telekinetically that are not routine require your character's Full attention.  Holding something with TK 
isn't like tying a rope to it. If someone else grabs and pulls at an object that your character holds telekinetically, your 
character isn't dragged along. Control is handled as a resisted roll against the opponent's Might (or relevant telekinetic
strength rating if the opponent grabs the object with Telekinesis). Your opponent wrests the object from your 
character's telekinetic grasp if she succeeds. Each TK effect lists that power's telekinetic strength.

Initiative      9

Speed: 
--Walk   5m
--Run   15m
--Sprint   29m

BACKGROUNDS: 
Contacts      3
Mentor      3   Major General Darian Connel
Resources   3
Status      1   Seventh Legion Budo (Entering officer, still fit to comand enlisted men.) 

Flaws:
1   Big Mouth
3   Enemy: Joanne Kylie:  (Joanne and I have been rivals since west point.  She does better than I

acadedimicly, but other than that I usualy need to fight my hardest too stay ahead of her.  I apreciate testing myself

against Joanne Kylie Johnson. 
   The feeling isn't mutual.  Joanne comes form a poor background.  She blames my triumphs on my father

being a general in the American army, writhes jealously over my old money background, and despises my conservative

morales as being repressed and stuck up.  The worst of it is the part of her that's turned on by my.  She wants to see

me humiliated and dominated. 
1   Mode Disfunction: Psychokinesis

Attacks: 
Combat Gloves
--ACC      3
--Damage      6B
--Manuvers   D,P,W,Tw.

Enhancer Guantlet: 
--ACC      5
--Damage      7+
--Range      450
--Manuvers   Ms,Sp,Tw
--ROF      2
--FT      3

Saber
--ACC      6
--Damage      8+L
--Manuvers   D,P,W,Tw
--Conealability   O
--Mass      3

Bioweave Armor
--Bashing   2(6)
--Lethal   3(5)
--Mobility   0
--FT   3

Hardtech Adition for combat service?: 

Bloody Rose

Wintercat

Curious, definitely curious. I have only got my hands on the book a short time ago, after hearing what the game is like I would be curious to give it a try if you wouldn't mind a newcomer along.

From a quick look at the book I would be thinking a possible Vitakinesis character, a quintessential combat medic or a good natured young doctor with a little extra to help speed up the recovery of those injured while facing the grim odds.

2 female characters so far, wonder if I should follow the pattern on that or make a male character in turn.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Bloody Rose

Sure welcome and do whatever  you want

Bloody Rose

Cars fly, cities can be found on the moon and mars.   Personal computers talk to their owners with holographic faces and biological tools perform better as well or better than hard tech. Now days there hasn't been any person that did not had a flying car reason why the streets of the city were mostly empty except for a few people walking around on foot. Earth finally had some measure of peace in a long while, aberrants were nowhere to be seen however what the people in the earth did not noticed it was that there was a threat growing in the planet. What they did not knew, was that the aberrants were already on Earth. Taking form as humans they walked around the Earth slowly preparing their attacks. One day hell broke loose, the attack took the earth like a plague as it spreads through every nation.

It was all too fast for the goverment to take action. Once they finally took down the aberrants that caused this all was lost and they were too late. The virus was quite simple, it allowed the abberants to take control over the mind of humans making them kill each other. A couple of days passed and there was reports of gifted ones being attacked by the virus, people with power that were supposed to lend a helping hand to those without powers. The virus spread through the earth and the order was given to evacuate. Each person was scanned for the virus and taken into a ship. A few selected people were called to form a team, the government wanted a small group to find out exactly what was behind all this and take them down, the aberrants who caused this. It was time for action and it was time to get allies to bring the final war to them, eliminate every one of those creatures so humans and aliens alike can live in peace.

Bloody Rose

Wintercat

I've found myself a bit more busy than I expected this week, but I finally got my thesis project started and the meeting has been finished.

Now I just gotta clear my head a bit. I'll try and have a character sheet over to you by my Friday evening, perhaps even during this Thursday but I cant make any promises, I haven't slept very well in the past night so I might retire to bed for a while at some point rather than put together a garbage-character.

Nonetheless, a young male vitakinesis fellow is coming up, unless the group would work better with the vitakinetic too a woman.
I've taken the Oath of The Drake. Remind me of it if you think I act against it.
A&A

Bloody Rose

Take your time and rest, any gender is fine

Wintercat

Name:   Timothy Whitewing
Origin:   Protector (Doctor)
Nature:   Caregiver
Aptitude:   Vitakinesis
Allegiance:   AEsculapians

Attributes and abilities

Physical (Tertiary)

Strength

Dexterity  **
Drive   **
Martial Arts   *

Stamina  ***
Resistance   **

Mental (Primary)

Perception  **
Awareness   *

Intelligence ***** (Genius)
Academics   **
Linguistics   *** (NATIVE English, German, Russian, Japanese)
Medicine   ***
Science   **

Wits  ***
Meditation   ***

Social  (Secondary)

Appearance
Style   **

Manipulation **

Charisma  ***
Etiquette   **

Backgrounds
Contacts   * (One Major, Few Minors)
Resources   **** (Wealthy)
Status   ** (AEsculapians, Good Post)

Modes  (Biokinesis)
Basic Technique:   Kirlian Eye

Iatrosis:   ***
*     Mending   Heal minor damage and alleviate pain temporarily.
**    Antitoxin   Accelerate patient's immune system.
***   Metamitosis   Mend flesh and bones

Mentatis:   *
*     Mind's Eye   Gain insight on patient's troubles.

Algesis:   *
*     Inflame   Intensify pain from existing wounds.

Willpower  ***** *
Psi  ***** *
Initiative  *****
Movement  Walk 5,  Run 14,  Sprint 26

Biography:   

Timothy was born to a fairly well-off family, but took up the nickname "Tim" fairly early on. He's a fairly pleasant fellow, but has spent far too much time in a laboratory or a classroom in his younger years, being physically fit and in a good shape, but overall he's a bit weak. He knows his limits but they irritate him nonetheless. He is smart, and usually thinks quick on his feet, and he's a bit above the average when it comes to looks and charm.

He is a terrible liar and a manipulator though, being raised up on the principle of honesty, and he doesn't always seem to realize it either that some people just are not willing to tell the truth. He might be a bit gullible as such, for a little while, but he tends to catch on when his mind notices something that does not add up.

Black haired and brown eyed, he is a caucasian male with a good upbringing, protective parents, a good upbringing and fine grades in his classes, and an empathic personality.

Timothy works as a caregiver, tending to try and take care of people where he can, assist them with all his efforts. When he became aware he had psychic abilities, he was a bit wary about them, but upon learning exactly what they were for, he was thrilled. He could heal people, tend to others even when there were no materials present to take care of things the normal, scientific way.

He is a calm, friendly man, not the most social guy for his looks, but a doctor in a comfortable position with the AEscalupians, and in possession of a fair share of wealth, both from his work as a doctor and researcher, and from some personal investments he has been making. He has kept away from more dangerous work till now, but has began to question what he is doing with his life. He has achieved a measure of financial security, he has a nice position and he is not sure if he actually wants to tackle the higher steps in status within the Order yet, and he has been looking for something that would let him help people and do something that matters.

That's when an offer arrived, an offer that was too tempting to refuse...

Bonus Points: 15
Spending List:
-Psi +1, Cost: 5
-Willpower +1, Cost: 2
-Modes +2, Cost: 8

Alright, here's the team's new Vitakinetic, a fairly young and wealthy man who has a clever mind and a desire to help. He's abit flawed, his strength is definitely his weak point, something he'll perhaps try to improve at some point but he's most likely had most of the hard labor done for him early on, displaying a keen intellect before Prometheus already, but afterwards astounding a few people with how his mind had become even more frightening.

He is learning mainly to heal the body, considering he'll branch out to the mental side when he can, and he is reluctant to learn to cause harm with the same abilities but recognises that they may be necessary to protect himself with. His status and nature have made the higher-ups agree to let him begin the practice for the same reasons on Algesis.

Also to notice...

I am not sure what gear the character should possess, given his amount of amount of resources, and secondly, I couldn't find those merits and flaws, I am a bit confused where they are found.

EDIT: I improved my Modes a little, after a mistake in my first writing.
A&A

Bloody Rose

merits= backgrounds
Flaws- you find on google search for WoD flaws

Wintercat

I think I can go with what I have right now though, I just thought I was missing some book that I might have needed.

I hope the character is otherwise alright though.
A&A

Bloody Rose

guys and gurls, please post your profiles in the thread so we can get started soon enough

Bloody Rose