News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Oil Spill: the True Story [EX]

Started by zoarster, July 17, 2010, 01:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoarster

Warning: contents may be satirical. Apologies in advance for anyone seriously impacted by the Gulf Oil spill--I mean no offense by this, and if there is any taken, please PM me and I'll be more than happy to take this and any related threads down

They thought they were drilling for oil, but found something very different. More than 5,000 feet under the sea off the Gulf of Mexico, oil workers thought they hit the jackpot. Two days later, the well burst and what scientists thought was oil began spewing out of the ruptured well. Seven days later, the "oil slick" washed ashore near the small parish of Hope Tributary, Louisiana, and the townspeople found that the oil had some very interesting effects.

Things started out subtly. Fishermen came back from the sea and were a little friskier with their wives; police reported more teenagers going "all the way" in their makeout sessions under the docks; the local college's beach volleyball team was a bit more risque than usual on the club circuit. But soon it became clear that whatever spilled wasn't just oil.

Anyone who came into contact with the oil was becoming increasingly horny and kinky. The cops that once chased kids away from the beach were now turning makeout sessions into threesomes or even gangbangs, fishermen's wives went missing as they were taken to sea, tied up, and that beach volleyball team pulled freshman boys into their house to use as fuck toys.

Now, a month after the initial incident, the CDC has dispatched a team of scientists to the town, as has the oil company. The media, naturally, followed. What will they find? Will they remain uncontaminated?

Character sheet template
Picture (optional)
Name:
Affiliation: Townsperson/CDC/Oil Company/Media/Other
Tainted: Yes/No (if yes, how)
Bio:
Limits:

Passionate Ink

That plot is awesome, especially this satirical aftertaste :D
I'd love to join, as soon as I made up a character.

Passionate Ink has requested an indefinite account restriction as of 2 September 2010.

Kate

that is so funny !

Like X files elli-style

zoarster

Glad to see there's some interest--also, since we're trying to play an entire village, I'm fine with people making up "bit characters" on the spot and just using them for quickie scenes.

LadySheikah

I'll think about joining....seeing that I'm from Louisiana and know all about the oil damage.
llRequest & Parings O& Osll A&AsCurrent Storiesll

ღ My Group RPs ღ

ღRP Stats ღ

CLOSED! ONLY DOING GROUP RPs! (Sun, Sept 05, 2010)

Dashenka

Hehe I like this idea. I am in no way related to any of this but I would like to play it. Is it okay if I were to play a foreign journalist, officially at the Gulf to report on the oil spill but catching up the news of Hope Tributary?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Idachan

This has grown on me and I'm thinking enviromentalist/voluntary worker or local girl just returning from a trip or something like that.

zoarster

Thanks to all for the interest. If you're interested in playing, just go ahead and submit a character using the template above! I'm not one who's big on "approving" characters so, unless your character is grossly out of place, whatever you think would be fun is fine.

Idachan

Picture (optional)

Name: Dora Van Horn
Sex: Female
Affiliation: Greenpeace activist
Tainted: Not yet no...
Bio: Dora Van Horn is old San Francisco money, private schools, chauffeurs, the quietly exclusive venue and all that but Dora decided early to take her parent's charity work one step further, fresh out of high school she signed up for Greenpeace and has spent the time since travelling the world to help out where needed. Seeing what humanity is doing to its home gave her incentive to continue but meeting Oscar, a 27 year old marine biologist, really cemented her place there. The on and off relationship may not be very substantial but the fiery redhead is still determined to stop his philandering and make him her own. For the last six weeks Dora has been on a ship intent to discourage whaling in asia but has now returned to US soil to aid in the aftermath of the leakage, something she feels is even more of her call.
Limits: Mutilation, death, scat.

zoarster

Throwing my own character in...

Picture (optional)

Name: Paul Greaves
Sex: Male
Affiliation: Oil Company PR/Media Executive
Tainted: Not Yet
Bio: Born and raised in San Francisco, Paul left the city to study business at the East Coast Ivies. A Bachelor's and a Master's later, along with some of Daddy's connections, and he found himself with a multimillion dollar salary in the oil business, wining and dining senators. But now there's been a terrible accident, and Paul finds himself in less comfortable territory, dealing with activists, enraged townspeople, and an exploitationist press. But Paul himself still hasn't heard about the spill's odd side effects...
Limits: None

Dashenka

Picture:

Name: Verena Schwarz
Sex: Female
Affiliation: German newschannel
Tainted: Not yet.
Bio: Verena was born in Berlin but after she finished her journalism education she got herself stationed in the USA, the home of her father, to become a USA reporter for a big German newschannel. Spends most of her time with her loyal cameraman, hunting for news or researching her current topic. Currently stays in a shabby motel on the Louisiana coast.
Limits: Very few.
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Passionate Ink

Name:  Matt Gorecki
Sex: male
Affiliation: -
Tainted: You couldn't tell the difference ;)
Bio:  Matt served several years in the USMC until  dishonorly discharged due to an incident, including carloads of coke, a superiors wife and daughter – and a goat.
His short interlude with a security company ended, after Matt electro-shocked  all three of the Beastie Boys, he actually was meant to protect.
Today he is a scruffy, somewhat paranoid private investigator, living in a shabby houseboat, which in the strict sense  doesn't belong to him. Matt spends more time time reading pulp fiction, then working but the late rumors of something in the water, changing the people has made him curious – and dreaming of wealth and fame...
Limits: mutilation, feces, man on man action - Matt is  Republican  ;)
Passionate Ink has requested an indefinite account restriction as of 2 September 2010.

Idachan

Ooh, amusing assortment of people so far.

zoarster

I think this is definitely picking up speed, and encourage those who are interested but haven't posted a character to do so at their earliest convenience; for those who have posted characters, please invite your Elliquiy friends!