MasterMischief's Non-Erotic, System Based Campaign Interest List

Started by MasterMischief, September 19, 2009, 12:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkDaemon

Well, I am really a fan of Red Sun Rising- one of my favorite comic books ever, up there with Watchmen. I'd say, Mischief, pick something you want to do- GM interest is vital.
I will have limited access 12/22 through 1/1.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Plot Hooks

Agreed.  I'm just throwing out stuff I like.    It is infinitely more important for you to run something that you are enthusiastic about.    That will give the game it's 'umph'
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

September

Quote from: MasterMischief on December 01, 2009, 08:04:06 PM
Interestingly, I am currently running a one on one of Cold War Espionage.  Feel free to check it out.

It's really very good.  :)
Some of my ons.

MasterMischief

MasterMischief

Quote from: DarkDaemon on December 01, 2009, 10:24:11 PM
Well, I am really a fan of Red Sun Rising- one of my favorite comic books ever, up there with Watchmen. I'd say, Mischief, pick something you want to do- GM interest is vital.

Well, everything on the list is something I want to do.

How does Serenity as setting using Mutants & Masterminds as the system strike people?  Serenity because I know a lot of people are at least familiar with it.  Mutants & Masterminds because several people have expressed interest and it is my current 'go to' system.

Plot Hooks

What PL we talking here?   Cipher would be very interesting in a Serenity setting.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

DarkDaemon

By Serenity I assume you mean Firefly serenity? I'm actually not too gung-ho bout that, there's another RP thats going to be set there, but I wouldn't mind 2, I suppose.
Also, which version of M&M? The newest, second I believe, should be good.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

MasterMischief

PL 6.  Cipher would not really fit the feel I am shooting for.

Yes, I am referring to Firefly.  Maybe something more generic Sci Fi?  M&M 2e.  I am not familiar with 1e.

DarkDaemon

One difficulty with doing firefly would be coordinating the ship. Who pays for it? Who decides what is like? I realize there are solutions, but it's still a bit of an issue.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Plot Hooks

Ah, well the Cipher I submitted was more of a four-color version of it.   If I were to use him in the Serenity setting,  he might go for the whole 'boy in a coma' sort of deal, kinda like the cowboy bebop episode of 'Brain Scratch".     

With a little modification, he could even be a brainship, ala Ann McCaffery's 'The Ship Who Sang".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainship

DarkDaemon

Hmm, well, personally I'd avoid the use of "powers" in a Serenity system- feats, combat abilities, skills, and maybe some powers that can be represented as training. Heck, I remember at least one build in the core book that didn't have a single power, so it can obviously work. And ~PL 5 sounds good.

Now, I understand there were some "psychic" stuff on the show- but that really seems like it should be the realm of the GM. After all, River seemed more like an NPC than PC to me.

Finally, later in the game, devices- Ancient artifacts, personal shield, zat guns, etc.- would come into play.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

MasterMischief

Quote from: DarkDaemonOne difficulty with doing firefly would be coordinating the ship.

Who said anything about a ship?

Well, yes, Sci Fi pretty much implies a starship at some point.  In the pirate campaign I ran, I did not charge anyone for the ship.  The PCs stole it from their slave masters.  Since character points were not spent on it, I reserved the right to take it away just as easily.  In the actual game, the ship was burned and sunk.

I would likely handle a starship in much the same way.  The characters may start off with one or they may have to acquire one in game.

Quote from: DarkDaemonHmm, well, personally I'd avoid the use of "powers" in a Serenity system- feats, combat abilities, skills, and maybe some powers that can be represented as training.

That is exactly what I had in mind.  Agents of Freedom has several characters stated out without powers.

Quote from: Plot HooksWith a little modification, he could even be a brainship, ala Ann McCaffery's 'The Ship Who Sang".

Someone actually 'being' the ship does not really float my boat either.  Especially with only two of you.  I would really rather prefer someone with a corporeal body.

I actually have the beginings of an idea for a campaign set in a Traveler like universe.  I have lots of resources to pull from, although, I am not terribly familiar with the Traveler universe.

I believe I will use Navigate from the Mastermind's Manual and a new skill called Astrogate, which functions like Navigate, but in space.  Astrogate can not be used untrained.

DarkDaemon

Traveler-ish universe sounds nifty. I've read about the setting a bit, but never played it. Would like a chance to.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

MasterMischief

If Plot Hooks is still interested, I will flesh out some further details.

Plot Hooks

I'm still game.   I don't know much about travellers,  but I'm willing to read up.

MasterMischief

I apologize, gentlemen.  I have just been really busy with the season and all.  It is probably not a good idea for me to try and start something right now.

DarkDaemon

Let us know when you're up for it. I'll be hanging around these parts.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs