The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)

Started by Aislinn, July 28, 2013, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roni

"So many sharp pointies…" she muttered as Skye came back in through the door, looking down at her hands in her lap. "S'okay," she added then a bit more clearly as she looked up with a sheepish smile.

lemaunt702

Skye can't help but think to himself *All the better to eat you my dear* laughing at his own foolishness and thinking he doesn't want to scare her again. Instead he asks. "Did you sleep well?" (Sorry the color script is broken and I don't remember how to type it.) He thens move back to the chair close to the fire place and take a seat near her.

Roni

((color=teal in brackets [] For your reference. Then close with the /color in brackets.))

While she may have laughed at that sentiment, it was likely better that he kept the joke to himself else she shy away like a spooked horse. Roni nodded slightly to the question about how she slept. "The hearth stones were surprisingly comfortable. I'm beginning to think this house will do anything to please whomever is inside."

That's likely silly, but it felt true. Standing up slowly, she walked over to the couch and sat down next to him. "I'm hungry… You?"

lemaunt702

((Thank you))

He lets out a low chuckle at her question going back to the thought in his head.

I could do with something to eat. I wonder what kind of food this place has or if it will be safe to eat after all this time. On queue a light turns on in a hall way on the other side of the room. I assume there is probably some food that way considering how this place has worked so far. He gets up from his chair and had to the hallway turning back to see if she is following or going to wait there.

Roni

Curiosity gets the best of her, so she hauls herself up from sitting and goes toward the light… Um, not like that, but toward the light that turned on inside the house. Following Skye, she quietly pads down the hallway toward the…kitchen! Yay a kitchen!

Looking around, she begins to open cupboards, none of which are bare. Eyeing the fridge, she debates the likelihood. Eh, why not? Opening it, she comes across some milk and fruit. The fruit looks fine… She sniffs the milk carefully. It doesn't smell spoiled. Pulling the bowl of fruit and the milk from the fridge, she sets them on the counter then looks about for glasses and plates.

"Looks all right to me!" Glancing over her shoulder at Skye, she asks, "Did you find anything?"

lemaunt702

Following her to the fridge and leans over her as she opens fridge so he can open the freezer to see what kind of meat they have, He finds a large variety from chicken legs to T-bone steaks.

She moves out from under him pulling a couple items from the fridge and setting them on the counter. He grabs a couple pounds of ground beef so he can make so burgers. He moves to the counter. "I found some plenty. Did you see any cheese down there? I don't know about you but I can go for a good old fashion cheese burger after all the stews and berries you eat on the road."

He looks above the counter to the ornate kitchen cabnits looking for a spice rack and maybe the plates and glasses too.

Roni

Roni returns to the fridge and pulls out a block of cheddar to slice. "Yep. There's cheese too." Setting the cheese down on the counter near the ground beef, she goes back to rummaging for dinner wear, pulling out two plates and two glasses. She even finds a knife to slice the cheese, setting it near the cutting board. "Burgers sound good… Maybe I'll turn this fruit and milk into smoothies… That sounds like a better idea than I initially had.

Grinning, she turns to look for the blender and a measuring cup.

lemaunt702

When she brings the plates and glasses over, Skye playfully flicks her with his tail. "Thank you for grabbing those items for me." He washes his hands and grabs the package of ground beef and starts running it under some hot water trying to get it to defrost. "I forgot about defrosting this might take a bit longer than initially planned. In the mean time smoothies sound like a great idea. I will take a banana and orange please."

Roni

Roni blinked when she felt something both fluffy and hard hit her lightly. Looking down, she grabbed Skye's tail slightly, running her hands over the fur, fascinated by the fluffiness. "Stop that," she murmured to the tail itself, as if it had a mind of its own.

Releasing the offending appendage, she smiled slightly. "You're quite welcome." Then she hunted for a paring knife, then she too washed her hand before carefully divesting both bananas and oranges of their skin and slicing them into manageable pieces. Those went into the blender, and then she measured out some milk to add. Making sure the top to the blender was secure, she happily pulverized the fruit.

lemaunt702

As she legs go of his tail it starts to rub along the insider of her legs. Skye says. It doesn't respond very well to orders."

After waiting a little bit for the burgers to thaw under the steaming water. He opens the package and starts shape the meat into paties and looks for a place to set them down. "Could you grab another cutting board as this one is covered in fruit juices and peels.

Roni

She nearly trips over his tail as it caresses over her calf. "That's a bad tail! Bad! Very bad!" she admonishes firmly before disentangling herself.

Reaching for another cutting board, she passes it to him, smiling sweetly. Or is she? "Don't get any fur in my burger." Then she sticks out her tongue at him and pours the banana orange smoothie into two glasses, setting one nearby for him.

lemaunt702

The tail decides that it's done caressing and decides to thump agaist her. But as it is a tail it doesn't do a lot of damage. "See, now you just made it mad."

Taking the cutting board and returning her sweet smile with his one of his own. "I promise there will be no fur in your burger. What do you think I'm some common animal? I find that a tad insulting." said with a some sarcasm to know he is joking.

He finishes with the ground beef and places them on the cutting board. Taking a quick sip of the smothie using his tounge to lap at it, playing a bit futher on his joke. "Mmmm, this is good, thank you."Then he washes his hands again before reaching for some spices to add to the paties.

Roni

She wrinkled her nose at Skye's tail, but refrained from saying anything further as it beat against her legs. Best not to anger it any further…

Instead, she grins at him. "Thank you kindly!" she offers in return, though now it is more genuinely sweet in comparison. The sarcasm and joke remain ignored.

Well, ignored until he laps at his smoothie with his tongue. She giggled softly, watching from the corner of her eye. "You're quite welcome." Then she goes about cleaning up, throwing away peels and washing the cutting board and paring knife, taking sips of her own smoothie in between.

lemaunt702

(Sorry for the long wait.)

"Could you get a cooking sheet or something? I don't have a grill at the moment so we will have to cook these another way." He finishes spicing up the burgers and puts up the spices. He starts to preheat the oven and goes looking for a tray. "Nevermind this will work just as well."
He pulls out a cake pan and puts the burgers into it. He then grabs his smoothie and walks behind Roni wrapping her in his embrace while his tail starts to tickle her legs again.

Roni

She was just about to search for his cookie sheet when he found a cake pan. Ah well, at least she had cleaned up what she could so far.

As she sipped at her smoothie, she felt arms wrap around her and relaxed back into Skye's embrace. "This is nice," she murmured as his tail began to tickle at her legs. She was quick to set down her glass before she dropped it as she began to squirm and giggle as the tickling sensation of his fur on her bare legs.

MonroeCat

Mila walked into yue gingerbread house hesitantly, worried she was intruding.  "Hello?" she called, brushing her copper curls out of her eyes.

Blythe

Blythe slips into the Gingerbread House, home after a long absence, and he settles down in his favorite armchair before the fire. He waves hello to any and all who wish to enter this place, and the door to the house is left open for all newcomers.

King Serperior

King Serperior poofs in with all the abilities of a ninja, a cloud of purple smoke marking where he appeared.  With a determined step, he moves to the refreshment area and pours some tea before slipping into a spare chair and opening a book to read.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Lustful Bride

Bride walks up the steps to the Gingerbread House. She takes a moment to take a deep breath before fixing her summer dress and knocking on the door, half wondering if all the crazy stories about this place were true, that it was almost something straight out of a wild cartoon.

Blythe

Blythe waves Bride into the colorful and candy-ridden house, offering her a drink and a pleasant place to sit. "Welcome to our humble abode here. It's perhaps a little on the fantastic side, a little on the supernatural side, but it's a cozy place to chat and talk. What brings you here today?"

Lustful Bride

Bride takes a seat on what looks like a chair literally made out of gumdrops and tries no to think of it breaking under her or melting into her clothes. "Just looking around and exploring the vast realm we all share here." She said and shook her head to the offered drink.

"I'm fine. I guess mostly I just want to continue to get a better feel for the place."

King Serperior

King walks out of the kitchen with some root beer floats for Blythe and Bride as well as himself, "Welcome to the House, Bride.  Care for a float?"

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Lustful Bride

"No I enjoy staying on the ground." She said before a Rimshot seemed to echo from out of nowhere.

Blythe

Blythe sets the drink aside after its declined, and he says, "The Gingerbread House...it can be hard to get a good feel for it sometimes. It is sort of a waystation for many disparate folk to come and speak. I personally always use it as a place to stop in and relax. It's a colorful enough and tranquil place for it."

He looks at the gumdrop chair and coughs, adding, "Don't mind the gumdrop chairs; we're still working on how to design them not to leave sugar on everyone. You'd be amazed how hard it is to design a gumdrop chair."

He snags a root beer float offered by King and thanks him, saying, "These are always the best when they're frosty. Much obliged."

Lustful Bride

Bride looked at her chair and began scratching her chin before looking around the entire room with a mix of curiosity, disbelief and hunger. "I'm still trying to figure out how this place isn't utterly covered in ants."