A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing (DC or Marvel) (M lf F)

Started by That One Dingus, October 24, 2016, 11:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

That One Dingus

Hello, everyone. I've been looking to try a character concept for a while, but I am extremely hampered by my lack of knowledge of the G.I. Joe universe. So... I'm just going to make something up in another setting!

The world knows him as Sturm Wulffe, leader of the infamous Wolf Pack, a band of private mercenaries and scoundrels that employ cutting-edge technology like mechs and laser guns to enforce their secret agenda.
Sturm Wulffe

He's ruthless, devious, and speaks with a villainous German accent. He makes frequent broadcasts boasting of his organization's glory, yet digital investigators can never land him at the right IP address. He is every inch the villain... until you actually meet him in person, that is.

Sturm Wulffe is actually Noah Styles, a young American man that is the heir to a financial fortune and a certifiable dork. Early on in his corporate career, however, Noah realized how dull and meaningless he life actually was. He wanted to do something meaningful and exciting, damn it! And so Noah arranged a fake death for himself, leaving him free to pursue his new career... of being a supervillain. Growing up and hearing stories of the powerful and stylish villains of the age inspired him to follow in their footsteps. He even practiced his evil laugh, cape swishing, and fluffy pet petting to get it down just right! Before his "death", Noah arranged with a trusted business partner that, in honor of his memory, the company would create a fund that would go to "worthy causes". Given that the new executives don't care where the money actually goes, since they only tolerate it as good PR, nobody notices the money being deposited in a Swiss bank account... Noah even has a few crowd-funding accounts where people can donate to "the world's truest villain".

There was just one problem: nobody told him how much being the bad guy could suck! Like, seeing a little girl break down into tears on live television after her policeman father was killed in an altercation with Wolf Pack forces. Gripping his remote like it was the only thing stopping from floating off into space, Noah faced a crossroads: either give up his life of villainy and go back to society or harden himself to the suffering of the world.

And in typical Noah fashion, his response was, "Forget that, I'm taking Option C!"

He still maintains his persona of Sturm Wulffe and presents the Wolf Pack as being a wretched hive of scum and villainy. The truth has become quite different, however. In more recent years, the Wolf Pack has become much more humanitarian, pushing for scientific research to help with global problems and hiring themselves out at a discounted rate as mercenaries to those who would be too poor to otherwise seek help. With Wulffe's change in attitude has come a new team of men and women that serve in the Pack. They might have signed up originally because of decent pay and high-tech toys, but Wulffe has been able to inspire a great deal of loyalty in his followers with his respect for subordinates and courageous demeanor. His off-the-wall thinking sometimes results in problems, but more often than not is exactly what is needed.

I'm looking for someone to play my character off of and see if this concept is worth exploring. My first choice would be a female character for... reasons *whistles in an unconvincingly innocent fashion*, but I would settle for buddying up with another male superhero. I'm open to either the DC or Marvel Universe for this RP; just please keep in mind that I don't read a bunch of comics and may not know all of the major players off the top of my head. I am perfectly fine playing alongside both canon and OC characters. Please note that I'm looking for something light-hearted and fun with this. If you're looking for dark and gritty, this might not be the RP for you.

Here are some ideas for the kind of partner characters that I am looking for:

• Somehow catching wind of the Pack's secret location, a superhero gal decides to corner him and bring him to justice, trying to dismantle the Pack along the way.
  • A deadly capable subordinate within the Pack, in the style of Mercy to Lex Luther or the Baroness to Cobra Commander, finds herself falling for her commander. She's thrown some hints at him, but he seems to not be getting the message. Perhaps it's time to stop being subtle and make her intentions clear...
  • A supervillainess has taken a shine to the mysterious Wulffe and decides to collar this conniving canine for herself. Only, he's not quite what she expected...

Those are just a few examples. I'm also open to suggestions. Shoot me a PM if you want more details or are expressing interest!
Ons & Offs

Absences and Apologies (Updated for June 2018)