Way of the Wicked (Evil Mythic Pathfinder campaign - Recruitment closed)

Started by Vekseid, October 03, 2014, 02:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBubbles

Quote from: Loki Aesir on October 04, 2014, 02:42:31 PM
@MrBubbles- I don't think I'll have a problem with the Goliath, but do you mind submitting the racial stats to me so I know what all they come with?

@Torterrable - there are a lot of classes you can choose from, you can find them all here: www.d20pfsrd.com

Click on the various classes and there winne a header several paragraphs that describes their general information.

This here is the Goliath! It's an LA+1 due to some stuff attached to the race (also I thought the -2 was in CHA, not DEX... Odd) but really, all I'm looking for with it is the attribute spread and Powerful Build (but if you think there's anything else that can be added then awesome!)

Latooni Subota

Huuuuh . . . wasn't it specified that Veks wanted to be the only male character in the game? Or did I misread at the beginning?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Foxfyr

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 04, 2014, 04:18:33 PM
Huuuuh . . . wasn't it specified that Veks wanted to be the only male character in the game? Or did I misread at the beginning?

Oh, no, you are correct. I just totally missed the masculine pronouns used. At this point I think we have plenty of applications, so I'll go ahead and close them. I'm on my phone at the moment, so it'll be a few more hours before I select the players who we will bring into the campaign.  Feel free to edit if you've already submitted before this post.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit characters and showing interest in this game.

MrBubbles

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 04, 2014, 04:18:33 PM

... Really? Well, shit, sounds like I'm out of the running.

And I rolled so well too!

Statted him out anyway (character creation is fun!)

Faeli

I actually haven't seen any information on how to create characters yet, so I haven't rolled or done much more than plan my character's personality

Latooni Subota

My friend taught me the coolest way of rolling for stats ever in my IRL pathfinder game. You make a 3x3 grid and write above the columns STR, DEX, CON, and beside the rows INT, WIS, CHA. Then you roll with your preferred type of dice rollin' (4d6 drop the lowest and reroll ones is ours) and plug them into the grid in order, left to right, then the next row, then the last.

STR  DEX  CON
INT     7      10  18
WIS    12    15   10
CHA    17   16    14

Like so. Then to pick your stats you choose one of the three choices that lines up with your stat. I.e. STR could be a 7, 12, or 17 for that set. If you picked 7 then INT could only be the 10 or 18 in it's row, and so on. Super funsies!

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Sol Lua

Quote from: Faeli on October 04, 2014, 05:11:13 PM
I actually haven't seen any information on how to create characters yet, so I haven't rolled or done much more than plan my character's personality
Same here, I have a good backstory in my head, but I'd like to get a little farther in character creation before putting it down on paper.  Stats and rolling rules, starting level (if any), etc.  I'm assuming that will be after Loki selects who's going in.

That's actually a really cool way of rolling Latooni, never seen it before.

Vekseid

Starting at first level (we still have a few new players).

Loki is using the suggested 'focus and foible' system

Choose one stat to be 18
Choose one stat to be 8
Roll 1d10+7 for the other four.

Monstrous races (or powering up a core race) are a possibility (Keriath is a half-fiend, with two tails), but should talk that over with Loki.

Your crime is one of your traits, so you pick one other trait, or a drawback and two traits (I picked Hedonist, big surprise >_>)

Foxfyr

Yup, stats and whatnot can be done after players are selected so it isn't a lot of time invested for those who don't get selected.

Chulanowa

So thus far we have....

Veksid: Wizard - sedition. Group role; Arm wrasslin'!
Rel: Unknown - Unknown. Group role; Unknown
Sol: Monk - desertion. Group role; being a monk.
Jarick: Sorcerer - blasphemy. Group role; BOOM!
Meliai: Oracle / Rogue / Witch - High treason / high theft / witchcraft, respectively
Faeli: Fighter / Rogue / Sorcerer - Murder / extortion or kidnapping / fraud, respectively
Latooni: Cleric - heresy. Group role; Divine BOOM!
Chulanowa: Derp! - Herp! Group role; Durr hurr hurr!
Torterrible: Monk / Rogue - high theft. Group role; Monking, roguing, that sorta thing.

So to me, it's looking like this group has a lot of things that go smash, but not a whole lot of skills (barring possible rogues) and next to no ability to take a hit, with hte only healing coming if the cleric prepares cure spells.

This is what happens when Paladins are not an option  XD

Torterrable

I could be an anti-paladin if that's available. I love taking hits for the team!

#masochist

Latooni Subota

8 12 14 8 18 11 are the stats I rolled (Strength 8, Wisdom 18 of course. That's utterly abysmal! Pun intended. That's what? 20 point buy? I'm weeping at that low Int and Cha. XD

Faeli

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 04, 2014, 08:05:48 PM
8 12 14 8 18 11 are the stats I rolled (Strength 8, Wisdom 18 of course. That's utterly abysmal! Pun intended. That's what? 20 point buy? I'm weeping at that low Int and Cha. XD

See? This is what you get for ignoring the DM and rolling stats prior to the final selection.  *spank!*  :P

Chulanowa

I want to play something a little outside the "normal," race-wise. I just... don't know what yet. Just that whatever it is, it's not gonna be an aasimar / tiefling. Bleah. Yuck. Ptui! What class it'll end up being will probably come from the race, though.

Soooo...

Anyone have suggestions?  ;D

Meliai

Hmmmm...if you want to go exotic, but still mega cute, maybe check out one of the races that traces their ancestry to an elemental plane?

Ifrits are fiery

Oreads are earthy

Slyphs are airheads

And Undines are wet  ;)

According to the Race Point metric they're about on par with the core races, so they might need a bit buffing up if everyone is going with super powerful exotic folk.

I wish there was a fey-blooded race. It would fit my character concept well, but Paizo made Changelings the spawn of hags instead of fae :-(
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Chulanowa

Quote from: Meliai on October 04, 2014, 10:08:39 PM
Hmmmm...if you want to go exotic, but still mega cute, maybe check out one of the races that traces their ancestry to an elemental plane?

Ifrits are fiery

Oreads are earthy

Slyphs are airheads

And Undines are wet  ;)

According to the Race Point metric they're about on par with the core races, so they might need a bit buffing up if everyone is going with super powerful exotic folk.

I wish there was a fey-blooded race. It would fit my character concept well, but Paizo made Changelings the spawn of hags instead of fae :-(

You'd be amazed at the amount of cute you can squeeze out of a kobold, gnoll, or goblin, though  >:)

And yeah... if this were 3.5, I'd recommend Fauns for you. But Fauns in pathfinder are totally different and pretty powerful; I think that tallied up they come out to something like 22 race points. Sylphs are kinda Fey-ish. And maybe the DM will let you re-skin something. That or just get one of the cheap seats - a small race-based aasimar.

Latooni Subota

I wanted to roll my stats just to see if I could be the tanky kind of cleric or not. That chargen setup can be rather unforgiving.

Sol Lua

Is everyone else going exotic?  I'm going to stick to half elf personally.  Fits in well with the area, plus I finally found a base image I like.  Dex is going to be my max stat, so my biggest question is what my Str ends up being and whether I take Weapon Finesse.

I was tempted to start rolling, but I'd prefer to see whether Loki wants to be involved in any aspects of character creation, oh and whether I'm in the game at all  :P

On the upside Latooni, playing to a character's low stats can create some of the most epic, and often funny, RP moments ever.

Vekseid

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 04, 2014, 08:05:48 PM

1 4 5 7?

Think you can probably ask Loki for a reroll :-p

Quote from: Sol Lua on October 04, 2014, 10:28:26 PM
Is everyone else going exotic?  I'm going to stick to half elf personally.  Fits in well with the area, plus I finally found a base image I like.  Dex is going to be my max stat, so my biggest question is what my Str ends up being and whether I take Weapon Finesse.

I was tempted to start rolling, but I'd prefer to see whether Loki wants to be involved in any aspects of character creation, oh and whether I'm in the game at all  :P

On the upside Latooni, playing to a character's low stats can create some of the most epic, and often funny, RP moments ever.

May end up with only a few who do, if any. If my character is a half-fiend and everyone else wants to be 'normal', that can work also, he's just very physically capable for a wizard. >_>

Latooni Subota

It'd be nice, Vek. It'd be nice. lol

But yeah, I'm a mere Tiefling. Not as flashy as a Half-Fiend, but it gets the job done.

Faeli

Torterrable

I think I'm dropping out, actually T_T As much as I really want to learn how to play system based games, it seems that I am amongst too many experts. I know too little, sadly.

I hope your game goes excellently!

Vekseid

Accepted players (Besides myself)

Vekseid: Keriath (Half-fiend Wizard)
Rel Mayer (Will be joining us later... I imagine she'll be a catfolk sorceress)
Sol Lua: Aesa Tolangarde (Half-elven Brawler)
Meliai: Lisette Avaline (Enslaved Oracle)
Faeli: Jasmine Winters (Elven Rogue)
Latooni Subota: Amelia Fairwind (Tiefling Cleric)
Carlissa: (If she wants to play, there's still a dibs slot open for her since she posted in the first thread).

For Latooni and Carlissa (if she plays) we may want to think of something that lets us relegate them for the first couple hours of game time.

Looks like my character will be the only serious exotic (catfolk may be common in the world >_>).

Loki seems to be out for the night, but he did say rerolls for low totals would be allowed and Latooni's set probably qualifies. >_>

Latooni Subota

Faeli

Quote from: Vekseid on October 04, 2014, 11:42:34 PM
Accepted players (Besides myself)

Vekseid: Keriath (Half-fiend Wizard)

DOES NOT COMPUTE

In other news, if everyone is ready to go by THIS Thursday, I'll be late.  Shouldn't be an issue after that :)