Los Caballeros: Super Heroes and Evil Doers Needed! Apply Within

Started by Requiem, May 03, 2009, 11:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Requiem

Interested Parties Thus Far

Heroes

• The Living Blaze: Mutant Fire Manipulator (Requiem)
  • Rain: Earth/Storm Control (Thaelia)
  • Pick Me!
  • No, Pick Me!
Villains

• Slithera - Powerful Reptilian (trippingserpent)
  • The Procacious Parvenu - Luck & Thugs (Shihong)
  • Caustic - Acid Manipulation & Jumping (Strudel)
  • Overlord (aka The Robotocist, aka Dr. Destroyer, aka Baron von Crushenator) - Robotics/Engineering & Super Stats (Jadeling)
Neutrals

• Fixxer - Techopath Mutant (Rhapsody)
For note on the slots listed above!  I would just like to get that many to start, and try to keep the numbers generally equal.  If we get four people signed up for both sides, I'll open up four more slots (two more heroes and two villains).  This is not a hard and fast rule, just something to keep it generally balanced.

This may fall to me playing a little City of Heroes lately, but I think it could be fun.

The idea is for a free form roleplay involving two groups, one on the Hero side and one of the Villian side.  The two groups would have their own dynamic in their own respective bases/city, while meeting occasionally in the middle ground or while "infiltrating" the other side, either to cause mayhem or initiating some daring do.  Characters would kind of follow along the City of... powersets, and that can completely be explained.  I am not to worried about specific powers (like Inferno or Fireball) but each character should have a primary, secondary, and travel (if wanted) power (all those powers can be found at ParagonWiki.  There is tons of reference on the history of Paragon City and the Rogue Isles there.

So, is anyone interested in this type of setup?  If so, we can attempt to put some more structure to it.

Requiem

Just as a follow up to this, it does not need to be set in the CoX world.  A completely new setting, or a well known Marvel/DC setting could work just as well.  I've been playing City of Heroes a little, so that's why I thought of it.  I am just as open to the group or myself designing a custom setting... that might even be more fun.  I would think this type of thing would run completely free-form, though there is going to be a point where conflict between characters ensues.  If people want the security of a system to run such things with, we can certainly adopt something, but I think I would prefer the more cinematic experience.

Jadeling

I've been looking to work in a 'Powered' universe for a while, although I never thought of using it for any more, uh, erotic stuff. Let me PM you a link to a story I wrote in the Universe I have at the moment.

Crovonovin

This one seems rather intriguing.  Though I've played City of Heroes and Villains extensively before, a new setting might be a bit less restrictive when it comes to powersets and history.  The background could deviant extensively from our own even without a rikti invasion, given the influence of superpowered individuals upon the timeline.  Would it be a more modern setting, or near-future to the involvement of genius mutants?  Would areas of the globe have been cordoned off for powered individuals that wish to live without fear of persecution (as Magneto has done in the Marvel universe on a few occasions, as I recall), would society accept powered folks, or would it be like a full-on X-men issue where people with superpowers are feared or reviled, hero or otherwise?  How would the government have reacted to the appeared of powered vigilantes?  Would it be a Batman/Spiderman situation, or a Superman situation?

Just things to think about!

Requiem

Jadeling and I actually got to talking a little bit, and we are thinking of working co on a full setting, unique from CoH and a bit more believable (Key word there, not necessarily realistic) than the Marvel setup, something that has gone through the Golden and Silver Ages and is currently in the Modern Age.  I have a pretty well fleshed out idea of a setting (bones anyway) in mind I am going to type up tomorow morning, just been to busy and am too tired now :)

If your interested, I am certainly open to more minds on the project.  We could make a fully fleshed out area that people can come into a play, work events, and have some "canon" groups as well as whatever people decide to make as it works.

Could be really cool :)

Jadeling

I'm actually super-excited over the comic-book aspect and not the Power Perversion Potential.

Requiem

Los Caballero

Los Caballero is a fictional city, and does not specifically exist in any one location.  The exact state that is located in is left vague in effort to bring the emphasis on the city itself and not the world it is part of.  The idea is to keep everyone interested in what is happening there, not outside of it.  While villains may attempt to conquer the world, Los Caballero would be the launching point for that.

The city’s metro area is formed along Minasiqua Bay, where the Boulder River flows from deeper inland.  The majestic Black Wood Mountains dominate the north eastern skyline, while south of the river a pockets of forested area give way to the Boulder Valley until it hits the much gentler Sangre de Maria Mountains to the south.  The area is renowned for a long rain season during the last summer months that stretches until a short, cold winter; spring is stiffly cold until it gradually warms up into a brief summer period and the rain starts again.

The city was founded during the end of the Gold Rush, near the tribal home of the fairly peaceful Minasiqua Indians.  Early settlers and prospectors came into conflict with local tribes when the Norris Pit Mine was opened in 1890, a deep copper pit that remained for nearly a hundred years.  Though the main provided a good economy for the town, the shallow bay was not as popular as other ports and the town never truly exploded.  Then, in the mid 70’s, a local engineer began making computers in Sierra Vista, and the technology industry flocked to the area.  In just over thirty years, the small towns exploded into a sprawling city that is now home to over five million people.

City Geography

There are five major cities that make up the Los Caballero metro area, with dozens of smaller towns that have been turned into districts or suburban communities.  Since the population explosion, the north shore of the bay has been turned into a massive port district, stretching to the Boulder River and is known as North Bay.   The primarily commercial district is located on Mercy Island, and is what most people think of when they envision Los Caballero (much like Manhattan in New York City).  At the mouth of the Boulder River to the south is the historic center of the city, called Fort Hunter.  This area has a very old world feel, and the local historic society keeps a close eye on what they allowed built in the area through very heavy city ordinances.  East beyond Fort Hunter is Sierra Vista, the technological center of the city and the source of the prosperity of Los Caballero.  Sierra Vista is a major home to programming companies and computer manufacturers worldwide, and tends to adopt a very liberal standpoint.  Along the south shore is Brenner Heights, where the entertainment industry has set up and home to most of the wealthy of the city.

Beyond the five major centers, there are several smaller but well known points of interest in the city.  Piper Island is a long carnival that has been hit hard in the recent economy, but somehow manages to keep its lights and rides running year-round.  Within sight of the amusement park is Principal Rock, a maximum security prison greatly influenced by Alcatraz.  Island Park on Mercy Island is massive inner-city park where locals flock to relax and enjoy themselves until night falls, when pushers, gangbangers, and prostitutes take control.  Beyond the piers and warehouses of North Bay is Voltage City, home to one of the few nuclear reactors in America.  The site is the source of constant political debate and eco terrorism, either from activist green groups to the angry descendants of the Minasiqua who claim the site as holy.  Thirty miles out of the city is the Boulder Gorge Damn, a massive work that that has created Lake Primmer behind it.  Though not as impressive or as well known as Hoover Damn, tourists flock to the site for its amazing view of Los Caballero below.  Not far from the river is Summer Bluff, home to a brothel at the turn of the 19th century and now the center of film and music.  Several studios own massive lots along the area, and the heart of Summer Bluff is Red Street, where theaters battle with the cinemas for patrons.   In the heart of Brenner Heights is Juniper Cover, the home of the ultra-wealthy.  In their million dollar homes, the wealthy keep themselves walled from less desirable with strings of golf courses and country clubs, acting like a curtain wall against the tide of the impoverished.

Heroes and Villains

I am thinking that the start of super powered people in this setting began firmly in the Silver Age, when the city was beginning to explode out of Sierra Vista.  At the time, most people didn’t question where these shining heroes got their powers as long as they were thwarting the plots of the sinister villains that were always just around the corner.  The movie and television studios of the day quickly cashed in on the phenomenon, and kept the cities champions firmly in the limelight while mercilessly butchering those that fell from grace.  As the modern age of comics moved in, more research and study was done into the source of the powers of the Gifted.  I think using the following broad sources would best work; you may notice they closely mirror the origins from City of Heroes.

• Mutation: Genetic restructuring conducted by the government or the natural evolution of man?  Much like in the X-Men, this is a powerful and volatile topic among most people.
  • Technological:  The powers of the hero/villain are granted by applied sciences, or through experiments that gave them these extraordinary abilities.  Think the Fantastic Four or Doc Manhattan.
  • : Natural:  These heroes either don’t have any powers, or they come from alien worlds where what they can do is normal.  Superman and Batman would both fall into this category.  I think anyone playing an alien should create a very in depth explanation of their culture and how they came to earth.  They should also be very willing to adapt to the world and not be so exotic they break the theme of the game.
  • Mystic: The hero or villain is granted their powers by applied occult magic or as the direct result of it.  Either sorcerers or bloodlines that have been bred through magic, or angry shaman of the displaced natives in the area.  Doc Strange is a great, if not over the top, example of this however unlikely candidates like Harry Potter could also be used.
Powers

I am a firm believer in all the powers a character posses should be thematically linked, or motivated by their origin.  For example, a person with the ability to summon flame and fly has very little reason to be able to see through walls (Although, interestingly enough, I read this great bit on how everything Superman can do is just because he is an amazingly powerful telekinetic.  The article went through all of his powers and explained them away very neatly).  Obviously, mad inventors and power suit heroes will have a lot more flexibility with this, but they will also be very dependent on their technology, where as a mutant could not be robbed of their powers.  Mystics would need to definable limits on their magic, while people whose abilities are the result of magic manipulation are very similar to mutants.

I would think that, too start, characters should choose one or two powers plus some form of travel power, and expand on them as the character progresses.  The powers should make sense with each other and with the character in question, and should help them explore their potential and do battle with the evil/good doers of the opposing faction.  And allow you to get all sexy, of course!

System

I don’t really think there needs to be a system in place for this, as it’s a creative exercise and should be totally free form.  I think that, should conflict arise, that we can all just discuss out the best outcome and use E’s main rules as the guidelines for resolution.

Anyway, that’s what I got.  Thoughts?

Transgirlenstein

I'm interested and all ready know what sort of villianess I wish to play.  My good old City of Villian's villianess would work perfectly. :)
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Crovonovin

I would also be interested in a villain's role.  Now, beyond actual powersets, what sort of maximum resources could our villains potentially have?  I'm not talking Lex Luthor, but I would presume a bit more than your average gang, particularly for tech-based villains.

Requiem

My honest answer to that is anything that fits with the character, that is believable, and that isn't just excessive due to being excessive.  I know that isn't much of an answer, but without adopting or coming up with an entire character generation system, it would be pretty hard to put any exacts to it.  Alright, a Lex Luthor style character needs money.  That's a given.  But how much money does he need, and how did he come by it?  Is it stable income, is it a huge (and dwindling) lump sum, is it protected, that sort of thing.

If we want to go with this idea, I can completely come up with some semi-rigid character creation guides, but my main thought is anything within reason that makes sense.  No one should be playing someone all powerful, ya know?

Edit:  I would love for this to be a larger context game, with people doing scenes and storylines on their own while people are generating larger more encompassing stories.  That also means we need enough heroes and villains to populate the area and make a sense of conflict, as well as people willing to play some minor rolls (ie, reporters, police, and whatnot).  If we get this going, what do people think of having one primary character for the storyline, then a secondary character that could be part of the world in general?  Say two supers are duking it out, get a little to close during a wrestling match, have a moment, things get... (wait, sorry about that.  Fantasy coming out)... regardless, a secondary character (if it's in a public area) might come along and photograph the thing, for example.  Could have a blog post with exploits of the supers.

I don't, mind is probably thinking a little big.  How much regulation would be necessary?  Does there need to be a storyteller directing the major events, or can the conflict between characters pretty much work that? 

I would like to see (personally) 3-4 (or more, of course!) people playing both the heroic and villainous side, so there is a source of contention.  I am more than happy to play a hero, I even have one in mind (again, stealing a character of mine from City of Heroes).  Would love to hear more feedback and thoughts, and what you guys think of Los Caballeros.

Indigo

...Hmmmm!   Good ole Cox  ;D  The one mmorpg that I still go back and play time after time.   For your RP, I'd be willing to play either hero or villian, whichever is most in need to balance it out.  Let's say 'Hero', since I see two people interested in 'Villian'
I like the set up you have for Los Caballero, nicely thought out.

I'm thinking a character based on the 'Mystic'.  Spanish/Pueblo Indian (or the like) who's family has long been steeped in superstition, old ritual, supernatural practice.... I loved 'dark' powers from the game, so maybe that would be one 'similiar' power..something roughly like 'Scarecrow' of Batman fame, creating extreme fear/phobia and terror in a victim. but instead of using gases/powders, etc, it would be some how either triggered by telepathic means or even just a simple touch.

Second power, I wouldn't mind it being some sort of play off of that, some sort of 'light' ability as in opposition to the 'dark'.  A healing power, I'm thinking, or something which would benefit when used...instead of phobias, the second power would trigger a huge rush of endorphins/adrenaline/etc.

I'm already thinking color scheme...black and white.  :-)

Travel power...some sort of way the character could 'bend' space/time, in short spurts, in order to travel quickly from one area to another. (a play off teleportation)

Canon groups...that's always fun to come up with, different ideas for 'enemy groups'.  Will have to see if I can think of one or two interesting potentials.

Crovonovin

I think I may be bringing an old CoV character to bear as well....

I'm thinking something a bit more subtle for him.  At best, he would fill the rank of a B-Class villain.  Street Level, as it were.  His only 'power' would be luck, which allows him to pull off stunts that would get most people killed.  He's rather...flamboyant.  His only real advantage are the men backing him, a team of trained soldiers that have a much more realistic view on the world than their Procacious Parvenu. 

For instance, the Parvenu uses old-world, one-shot pistols, simply because he enjoys the design...whereas his partners treat every heist like a warzone.  In practice, it works out rather nicely.

Transgirlenstein

I wish to play my CoV character, Slithera.

She was orginally Alexandra Silvers, a female pro-wrestler.  Due to her crooked manager, she started taking a new drug given to her by the mob, a new steroid.  This steroid transformed her into a reptilian/snake like humanoid (think something like Reptile) giving her slightly increased strength and dexterity.  Now she works as a mob enforcer or a thug for other super villians (think a sexier, smarter Killer Croc).
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Requiem

Excellent ideas guys :)

Just thought I'd post on my thought of character.  The Living Blaze basically appeared out o f nowhere, when a less serious "hero" that exibited almost the exact same powers suddenly disapeared.  This previous hero, The Flaming Goth, was the protector of club kids and was pretty much just a joke, in both the hero community and the press.  He had a fairly devoted fan base among his goth protectees, of course.

Blaze came out of no where, fairly serious and very dedicated to doing whatever it took to be taken seriously.  He's young, in his early twenties, and has... go figure, powers over fire.  His mutation allows him to raise his enternal temperature incredibly high, and he also can release a "fuel" of sorts.  These vapors are very quick moving, almost invisible (think heat waves on the desert) and smell slightly sweet.  He can ignite them, allowing him to throw streams of fire or creates "walls" of it that can burn in midair.  By manipulating that fuel (increasing the pressure and so forth) he can fly, occasionally leaving a flaming wake in his path (he can ignite the stuff to give himself a quick speed boost).  As he starts using his powers, the fumes coming from his eyes and mouth tend to ignite very slightly, making it look like they are on fire.

The Flaming Goth:

The Living Blaze:

strudel

This sounds really interesting :) Although I've never played CoH I've played in and been a moderator for and once actually owned a thriving X-men based rpg, with and without canon characters. Free-form of course. If there's anything in particular I'd need to know in addition to the overall knowledge of how a superhero rpg works, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Other than that, I'd love to be a part of the group I'd feel confident playing hero or villain. I have numerous character for both, so it doesn't phase me. Let me know where you need someone to fill in and I'll post a character sheet.

Requiem

Quote from: strudel on May 05, 2009, 04:12:27 PM
This sounds really interesting :) Although I've never played CoH I've played in and been a moderator for and once actually owned a thriving X-men based rpg, with and without canon characters. Free-form of course. If there's anything in particular I'd need to know in addition to the overall knowledge of how a superhero rpg works, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Other than that, I'd love to be a part of the group I'd feel confident playing hero or villain. I have numerous character for both, so it doesn't phase me. Let me know where you need someone to fill in and I'll post a character sheet.

Anything you want :)  Keep in mind, this is moving away from City of Heroes to the thing above, it looks.

Maybe I should relaunch this thread.  It kind of started as CoX, but evolved into something more homegrown.

strudel

Oh that's perfect then  :D

Here is what I was thinking for a character.

Villainess
Name: Dawn Sabina
Alias: Caustic

Heritage: Her bronzed skin and soft supple features with a mix of that exotic spice and edginess is derived from a mixture of a quarter japanese, a quarter angle, and a half latin.
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Abilities
Primary: Acid generation/manipulation - The ability to produce a very caustic acid from her figure via her pores. This includes being able to increase and decrease the potency of aforemtioned ability and manipulate it to her whim. For nutrients she simply needs anything that has any sort of acidic substance in it anywhere from lemons, batteries, to large vats at chemical plants which would be much more helpful.
Secondary: Acidic Form - With increased concentration her whole body can become the acidic figure of a female not simply a coating, but comprised completely of acid. (However if she doesn't want to eat right through a city street, her figure would not be potent enough to do so, this collaborates with her primary power on the ability to increase and decrease potentcy). In this form she is malleable and viscous, able to slip under doors, if she didn't feel like "eating" right through them. Vital organs are transformed as well, thus she can be "splattered" and gather back together without too much physical damage.
Tertiary: Jumping - A form of teleportation which limits her to a certain mile radius depending on how much energy she has to expend. She has had to have seen this place before in a picture or in person, she can't just teleport as far as she wants or to a random location. Thus to get somehwhere far away, she would have to make numerous "jumps" in between. Jumping over large bodies of water is possible as long as she places herself far up enough so she has enough time to jump again before she hits the water.

History:
Her past is rather anonymous, nothing much known about the woman at the moment, however the more she seems to show up, the more people are beginning to wonder where she came from. A loner, the woman only keeps the most.. "interesting" of friends who aren't really in the lime-light, associating with the more dangerous crowds, having grown up in this sort of surrounding, it's nothing new for her. ((more info will be supplied after some rp))

Personality:
Dawn is mischievous woman with a coy grin and a sharp wit to match she sharpness of her tongue. Quick to take hold of a situation by the proverbial balls, she's also a very sensual woman, one of those that is very well aware of her femaninity and uses it to her advantage in many situations. Do not be fooled by her appearance, she is well versed in the arts of street fighting and deception, and took a couple classes of krav maga. A challange for anyone who crosses her path, she has no problem being nice of course.. if there's something in it for her.

There, how does that look? :)

Requiem

I know there are some words down there, but I haven't made it past the pic yet.  Get back to me in a few hours.

(Just kidding, looks great :)

strudel

Thanks! Can't wait to start playing   XD
This genre is one of my favorites.

Requiem

Quote from: strudel on May 05, 2009, 07:11:28 PM
Thanks! Can't wait to start playing   XD
This genre is one of my favorites.

Same here!  And please, feel free to start whenever you want.  Drop a line to anyone signed up so far, and feel free to use and create any locations in the city.  We can likely start up a wiki page for all the different points, and add them as created so we can revisit them in the future.  This is true for pretty much anyone who wants to play!

I am still fairly unsure of this here, but if this takes off, should we try to get a subforum for it?  And where would it go?  I assume the main-game would fall under light, but would it be cool if two players have other styled games in the bondage/non-consent/and so on forums?  Should games be marked with [Los Caballeros] or some such?  Need some help with the organization here.

It is cool I set up a wiki for this right?

Crovonovin

Villain
Name: Jacob Kendrick
Alias:  The Procacious Parvenu

Heritage: Caucasian
Sexual Orientation: Doesn't ask and doesn't tell!

Abilities

Primary: Unnatural luck.  The odds have a rather peculiar tendency to sway in the Parvenu's favor.  Bullets miss him by millimeters, perfectly maintained guns jam when fired at close range, punches swing far off target, heists go off without so much as a hitch, or police show up just a little too late because of the sudden falling of an oak into the middle of the road...when there was no tree planted there in the first place.

Of course, this luck seems to vanish whenever Mister Kendrick is in a particularly foul mood.  Given his chipper demeanor, this is a monumentally rare occurrence.  However, when it does backfire, it backfires in a particularly bad way.  Unfortunately, this applies not only to him, but to everyone in the immediate vicinity.  The last time he was in a sour frame of mind (and under great physical duress besides), every gas tank within five hundred yards exploded spontaneously, causing widespread panic as the ensuing fires consumed everything in their vicinity. 

Secondary: Excessively Polite.  The Parvenu is civil beyond all proper reason.  He will dust off a man's jacket before his partners shoot him in the face, anonymously pay for the ensuing dry cleaning and funeral bills, and attend said funeral to pay his respects.  He is prim and proper even when fired upon, apologizing profusely for property damage (of which there tends to be a rather large amount) over the hail of bullets.  He treats both men and women with the same courtesy and respect, just as he would have either gender killed without batting an eye.  He is everything a gentleman should be, and quite a few things it shouldn't be besides.

Travel:

Disregarding the eye candy (who was hired purely for promotional purposes, or so I am told), the Parvenu drives a custom built vehicle of dubious quality.  Its speeds and acceleration are top notch, and both its frame and windows are fully bulletproof.  It houses a wide variety of weapons and traps, and can transform from its current state into that of an airboat or gyrocopter.  The Parvenu's pride and joy.

History:

<Work in Progress>

Personality:

Mister Kendrick is an exceedingly buoyant individual of singular properness, as stated above.  He seems quite firmly situated in the Golden Age, despite the fact that both villains and heroes alike have evolved quite a bit since those somewhat happier times.  Still, he seems perfectly content where he is.  Unfortunately, there is an indication of something far darker in the works.

The Parvenu thrives on publicity, recognition, and creative solutions to mundane problems.  Each successive heist must be more spectacular than the last.  Bigger, louder, and brighter.  Flash with Substance.  It is a compulsion, with each robbery planned for terribly long periods of time in advance.  Some have theorized that, once Kendrick has pulled off the most magnificent bank robbery of all, one that is truly and completely incapable of topping, he will move on to yet another 'genre' of crimes to commit.  In the event that he chooses murder...  Well, some things are best left unsaid. 

If not for his partners, Kendrick would very likely be broken and destitute.  While he plans, they are fully capable of acting on their own, making them infinitely more useful than typical henchmen.  Each is a trained soldier of unusual caliber, and as a unit even organized gangs find themselves overwhelmed by superior military-grade tactics and weaponry.  At the end of the day, they are as much parts of the Parvenu's family as they are breadwinners. 

<More to Come>

strudel

If it gets to be too big you could always just move it to an irc chat room entitled Los Caballero. If that doesn't interest you than simply using the pretext [Los Caballero] would probably suit. That's up to you :)

Duchess

ok i will do some reading ..and will come up with a character for heroes...

Requiem

Shihong, that villain is brilliant.  I am really looking forward to seeing more from him!

Adn Thaleia, would love to have you aboard!  We need some more good in the city.

Jadeling

Since this isn't going to fit into my universe anyway, I may as well go ahead and use my OC Overlord. (Original story here.)

Villain
Name: ???
Alias: Overlord, The Robotocist, Dr. Destroyer, Baron von Crushenator.
Heritage: ???
Sexual Orientation: ???
Abilities:
Primary: Robotics/Engineering. Overlord has always been monumentally smart, possibly among the five greatest minds on this planet. He chose to use most of these smarts creating series upon series of robot henchmen, generally using them to rob banks and suchlike. Who he was or why he chose a life of crime is unknown, because despite being caught almost 10 times he has never been positively identified, and has always refused to break under questioning. In any case, Overlord can create, program and arm pretty much any kind of robot imaginable and a few that are actually un-imaginable, including magic-wielding robots and a few that contradict fairly firm laws of physics.
Secondary: Super-strength, Enhanced Toughness. Via extensive self-surgery and modification, Overlord has raised his pain threshold and his brute physical strength to a level far beyond the means of any normal human being. Of course, this being Los Caballero, 'normal human beings' are in fairly short supply.
Travel: Overlord has no consistent travel power, being observed to use methods as far reaching as personalised jetpack, short-term teleporter (unfortunately malfunctioning, leading to his 5th capture by authorities), golden hot-rod, rocket-sled, bionic horse, helicoptor, armoured van, and at least three times simply hailing a cab and getting in.
History: Overlord has been around for a long time, building a reputation for outlandish villainy and a tendency to be beaten into the pavement only by the upper tiers of LC's heroic pantheon. Having attempting to conquer and/or destroy the world 6 times, Overlord supposedly retired around the beginnings of the Dark Ages, managing to avoid many of the problems his peers faced with suddenly edgier superheroes and more violent capes. A recent bank robbery put Overlord back on the map again, and he is now somewhere in hiding in LC.
Personality: Read his story.

I think Overlord will be a very POV character, I'll probably be playing him exclusively from a 1st person perspective.