Started by Blythe, April 04, 2016, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

AmberStarfire

Madame Professor

Quote from: Blythe on May 11, 2016, 04:04:12 PM
Yay <3

Welcome AmberStarfire!  :-)

With the new avatar, when I read this, it was like he was cheering! It was pretty amazing.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

yugi006

Blythe

All righty, I've heard back from everyone! I'll have the roles sent out either tonight or tomorrow! Bear with me with all this--this is the first mafia game I've ever run!

(Also, looks like we don't have quiiiite enough for a fulfilling game that would have two teams of Bad Guys, so this game will just be Camarilla vs. Sabbat!)

Blythe

Roles are being handed out right now. I will put up a game thread once I've got them all handed out. :)

Blythe

Okay, roles are out, game thread is up. I have changed this thread's title because it will now function as the game's OOC. :)

PMs are allowed if you are a living player during the Day Phase. Please make sure that I am included on all sent PMs.

theLeslie or ThatRPGuy, if you would be so good as to sticky the game thread, I would <3 you forever.  8-)

I also have a new respect for anyone who's ever GMed a mafia game on here. There's a lot of set-up to these! Hopefully I didn't manage to miss anything. >_>;

Blythe

-Paraphrased Question Asked to the GM-

"The description of the Tzimisce Pack Priest says it turns Camarilla Neonates. Does it only work on neonates or can it be used on others?"

Answer: My bad. It can be used on anyone on Team Camarilla. I have updated the text to reflect this.

Galactic Druid

I mentioned this briefly before, but I won't really be posting much until the 17th/18th. Please don't think it means I lost interest or am hiding, it's just my only internet access is via my phone, and I'm focused on my vacation and family.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Blythe

-Paraphrased Questions Asked to the GM-

"Do Camarilla members turned by the Pack Priest keep their special powers, if they had any?"

Answer: Newp. They join the Sabbat as an ordinary Antitribu.

"Can the Nosferatu Ancilla be turned by the Pack Priest?"

Answer: Yes.

Blythe

"Are we required to vote to lynch someone?"

Answer: You are permitted, the first 3 Day Phases, to choose to lynch nobody (you should still place this vote in bold). On Day 4 and afterwards, it is mandatory to select another player to lynch during the Day phase.

Galactic Druid

Mintprincess

Galactic Druid

I didn't wanna ask in thread and derail the game; who is the girl that's in all your reaction gifs, geek? She's really animated, and kind of totally my type.

AndyZ

Kenzi, from Lost Girl.  It's on Netflix right now, and she's the only good thing about the show.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Geeklet

Quote from: AndyZ on May 18, 2016, 01:41:09 PM
Kenzi, from Lost Girl.  It's on Netflix right now, and she's the only good thing about the show.

Kenzi is my spirit animal.

Galactic Druid

I just looked it up; it sounds like it's a really fun idea for a show, I love anything that falls into the urban fantasy category. Sad to hear that you haven't been too impressed though...

May give the first few epsidoes the old yo-ho though, check it out for myself.

AndyZ

It's difficult for me to comment without giving spoilers.  I don't want to dissuade you from watching it, especially if it might be your thing, but I didn't finish the series.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

AmberStarfire

It's a great show (it picks up as it goes along) and there was a game of it on Elliquiy .. I'm not sure how long ago. Maybe a year, but it's finished now.

It was fun, and I like the urban fantasy-like almost Dresden-y verse they have going there. That and fae, and supernatural creatures that are fae.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 18, 2016, 01:58:51 PM
It's a great show (it picks up as it goes along) and there was a game of it on Elliquiy .. I'm not sure how long ago. Maybe a year, but it's finished now.

It was fun, and I like the urban fantasy-like almost Dresden-y verse they have going there. That and fae, and supernatural creatures that are fae.

Sounds very tempting to me (not that I don't trust your judgement, Andy!), I must admit. You've mentioned everything I love in a good story, lol.

Blythe

Well, drat. After some research, I've run into a slight problem. This particular game is unbalanced, considering the roles I included, in rather drastic favor of the Sabbat. This is not due to the way the game is currently being played out, but because I should have included at least one more special Camarilla role from the game's very beginning.

Would players be adverse to me selecting a Caitiff Neonate and re-assigning them to a special role to make up for this? I understand that it doesn't entirely solve the balance problem (after all, it means this role didn't get to do anything on night 1), but it would probably go a long way.

The role I would be including would be the Toreador Harpy. I'd welcome input. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please offer feedback via PM to me (specifically if you are okay with the role being included) and not via this thread; I do not want to accidentally have this discussion result in people outing their roles.

AndyZ

Dealing with family and likely won't get much out today. If both Remiel and Guy vote for the same person , please change my vote to their target.

Blythe

Might be a slight delay in my updating of votes and gameplay, etc.--I have company over today~

Blythe

"Explain how roles that mask alignment work, please?"

Answer: Two roles in particular do not display their 'correct' alignment upon scrying or upon their death--the Ventrue Diablerist and the Lasombra Cardinal. The former is loyal to the Camarilla, but will display as Sabbat upon scrying or death. The latter is loyal to the Sabbat, but will display as Camarilla upon scrying or death. The Harpy's power, however, will determine correctly their actual alignment, not perceived alignment.

What this means is upon a person's death or scrying, there is a slight chance that you are seeing one of these special roles, as the GM scrying and GM death messages explain perceived alignment, not actual alignment.