"Anonymous" Claims to have hacked and thwarted massive GOP vote-fraud attempt

Started by Cyrano Johnson, November 17, 2012, 10:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 24, 2012, 08:52:32 PMAnd losing access to money on a credit card, and various identification doesn't scare you?

Aside from this being a non-sequitur as regards "hacktivism," no, being a potential victim of fraud does not remotely scare me (or I think you'll find, most people) the way that being bombed or kidnapped does, not at all. Terrorism is a term used (or that should only be used) to denote mortal threat: not inconvenience, nor even serious inconvenience. (This is not to deny that identity theft is a serious problem. It's just that not every serious thing is "terrorism." The hysterical misuse of a word renders it useless, and that's what you are doing.)
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Skynet on November 26, 2012, 07:12:59 PMKind of worried that Karl Rove and Fox News will use this to "prove" that Obama won due to voter fraud.

"They committed voter fraud by disabling our attempt at voter fraud" would be pretty tough spin even for them. I wouldn't put the attempt past them, mind you, but I wouldn't be worried about it as something that could actually gain much traction.

Hi Moraline: I'll keep an eye out for updates and post them to this thread as they come. I wouldn't expect too much to happen in the short term; any really news-worthy confirmation or debunking would require some investigation time.

Skynet

Quote from: Cyrano Johnson on November 26, 2012, 07:25:45 PM
"They committed voter fraud by disabling our attempt at voter fraud" would be pretty tough spin even for them. I wouldn't put the attempt past them, mind you, but I wouldn't be worried about it as something that could actually gain much traction.

I'm literate in Fox News lingo, so I'll know how they'll spin it!

These "hacktivists, influenced by the Obama administration, erased hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of legitimate Romney votes and claimed that they were 'converted' votes!  These liberals have relentlessly attacked us for voter fraud, yet they're the ones doing it all along!"

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: Skynet on November 26, 2012, 07:40:05 PM
I'm literate in Fox News lingo, so I'll know how they'll spin it!

These "hacktivists, influenced by the Obama administration, erased hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of legitimate Romney votes and claimed that they were 'converted' votes!  These liberals have relentlessly attacked us for voter fraud, yet they're the ones doing it all along!"

Yep, that sounds about right.

ulthakptah

Anonymous is not credited with any identity theft to my knowledge. I'm not even sure why that came up. Identity theft isn't even terrorism; it's theft. They aren't trying to coerce people; they just want money. Not to mention identity theft didn't even start on the Internet. It started from wanting to make use of the credit cards pickpockets kept getting.

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 26, 2012, 08:24:08 PM
Anonymous is not credited with any identity theft to my knowledge. I'm not even sure why that came up.

Me neither.