New World, Old Wolf(KaramelParadiso, ShadowRaven4d4)

Started by ShadowRaven4d4, March 28, 2011, 04:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowRaven4d4

This thread is for my role-play with KaramelParadiso and our characters, so it begins...

The smell, so pungent, vulgar...it always got to him. Dresden didn't like cities much, the smell was always so vulgar and tended to clog his senses if he wasn't careful of it. So he sat on the top of an office building, gazing down at the city below. How far man had advanced under his watchful gaze, he had heard the prophets of old speak of towers of crystal and machines that flew through the sky, but now with his own eyes he saw the very things that haunted man's vision so many centuries ago. Ah, but that is old news, that time is past and the new technology would be far more impressive to him if it didn't reek like a 100 horses. Well, at least its not as bad as during the industrial revolution Dresden thought wryly, using his sharp inhuman vision he scanned the city block below, it was late on a summer night, but those who were out at this our were either at the bars or the 24/7 diners, no cars were on the street he over looked.

So Dresden jumped, fell 20 stories and....landed on his feet and started walking as if he had just stepped off the curb. Having the inhuman strength and durability of a werewolf has perks after all. As he walked he had no real destination, he wondered as he mulled over thoughts in his head. Thoughts like 'what sort of work should I try here? Crime doesn't seem to be high and there's no one wealthy enough to warrant a bodyguard. Should I do gardening? Doesn't seem many people here would keep one.' and other such similar thoughts. He puzzled over what to do, hardly noticing the empty streets, the quiet broken once in a while by some drunken laughter. How long had it been since he had been drunk? His super-human immunity didn't allow him such luxury, he would need to drink enough that even the toughest human would have died 5 times over before he even started a buzz and that wouldn't go un-noticed by the bartender. He pointedly ignored any drunk women that flirted with him, feeling it indecent of them to do so especially under the influence.

Eventually he found himself at a diner, realizing he was hungry he walked in and looked around. It was a quant place, not too large or complex, with a comfortable atmosphere, the smell of food was overwhelming and made his mouth water, he could smell most everything the cook had made throughout the day though if you asked him too he couldn't list the individual items. He approached the counter and waited for a waiter or waitress to seat him.

KaramelParadiso

It had been a couple years since she moved to the city, and as much as she walked around or met people she still wasn't sure if she like the place. The people were rude, it was hard to afford most things and she hated her job. But it was something to pay the bills and keep her place of residence, though one thing in particular that bugged her were the drunks that would come in every Friday and Saturday nights. She had been working for the same company for two years now and she was still considered the new girl cause no one new had been hired so she still got the horrible shifts. The only good thing about those nights and putting up with those people were the tips that she got because that was pretty much what she depended on cause the pay as a waitress was bad.

Jaz couldn't prepare herself enough for another Friday night but like all the others she just gritted her teeth put on a smile and got through the night. Though she was happy that after tonight she was getting a few days off for all her hard work, finally she was getting noticed by the managers and hopefully that meant a promotion. Jaz looked up from the back counter and noticed a very gorgeous looking man walk in, this was new and she was curious if this was going to be a good customer or a drunk one. She took a deep breath and walked up to him "Good Evening sir. Just one tonight?" She questioned as she she started to grab a menu for him and decided where she was going to seat him. She knew that it was Maria's turn to have someone seated in her section but she couldn't help but want to take this one for herself.
New Rps: Available
Current Rps: Available
~*~ Extra ~*~
My Request Thread- https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=132801.0
O&O-https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=23901

ShadowRaven4d4

Dresden took in the appearance of the waitress and his breath caught. He was an immortal, he'd seen hundreds of women in their prime, but somehow none of them quite compared to the beauty standing in front of him. His nose told him her scent was something sweet and pleasant, but also picked up her anxiety, he could also read a light hope in her face. Slowly he smiled at her. "Yes, just one." he said to her, his tone soft. His voice was deep, somewhat husky in tone though it didn't seem to be intentional on his part, his eyes were fixedly on her own which was more he thought any other man could claim about this girl, he didn't realize how intense his own gaze was, though what men seemed to find intimidating about it women found breath taking.

KaramelParadiso

She was glad when he told her only one, that meant there weren't any girls with him and she could have him all to herself. She would make it up to Marie later but this customer was hers and on the plus side he didn't smell of alcohol. She gave him a pleasant smile and led him over to a booth near the back where no one would disturb him. He looked like the time that liked to be alone though she wouldn't blame him, he was tall, dark and handsome. She wondered what lurked behind those eyes that stared so intently into hers, it took every part of her will to turn away from his eyes. She placed the menu in front of him and started to rattle of their specials. "Do you know what you would like to drink?" She asked him as a side note, trying to remember her job of being a waitress and her routine that she had. "Are you enjoying the nice whether that we are having?" She asked out of reflex but then she thought on that. What if he was from out of town? Then she wouldn't know where to begin, she had always been a curious person but then again he probably wouldn't want to share.
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

Dresden had followed her to the booth, and sat down, he scanned the menu items nonchalantly. Picking out the items he would like, he couldn't help a slow smile spread over his face when she asked him what he thought of the weather. He had been approached by many women over the years but this girl had a different feel to her. He lifted his gaze from the menu and turned his eyes on her, once more locking onto her with that soul-searching gaze.

"I only got into town recently, but the weather is fair enough. I'm new to the city and searching for work, along with a place to stay." he said conversationally. Why not indulge a bit, it might be another 1,000 years before I meet a woman that will draw my eye this way. he thought to himself. "And I'll have water thank you" he added, the slow smile returning to his lips.

KaramelParadiso

She nodded her head trying to remind herself to breath and to stop staring at him. "I'll be right back with that" she told him and made herself turn around and walk back over to the counter. After walking behind the counter she realized she didn't have any clean glasses, she breathed a sigh of relief and walked to the back kitchen. This would help her to clear her head and regain her composure. Once back there she grabbed a rack of clean and walked back up front though she couldn't help but take a small glance towards his direction. She picked up a clean glass and filled it with ice water. She slowly walked back over to his table just to make sure she wasn't going to trip and make herself look like a fool in front of him. "Here ya go" she said setting the glass down in front of him. "Do you need another minute to look at the menu?" She asked trying to stick as much as she could to her routine. Plus she kept her focus a little behind him so she wouldn't become enveloped in his eyes. "So where are you from? If you don't mind me asking."
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

Dresden's eyes followed the girl before turning to the window, becoming unfocused. The city outside maintained a fair amount of plants, not many modern cities were able to keep that much natural beauty especially the larger ones. He felt his mouth water slightly when he found himself unconsciously breathing in the scent of food and shook himself mentally. For a werewolf like him, getting too excited by food could be a very very bad idea. He thanked her for the water when she returned then contemplated the menu a while longer while taking a sip for it.

He chuckled a little at her constant questions, to him she was like a little pup who couldn't help but jump all over an older wolf playfully. He noticed out of the corner of his eye, that a group of drunk looking men were making their way towards the diner. He tensed ever so slightly, he knew what drunk men did to waitresses, especially this at this hour. He wondered if the men would do anything foolish to the girl serving him now, but shook the thought away. He listed several items off the menu, careful to pick the most filling foods without having a suspiciously inhuman appetite.

After making his order he looked at her again, smirking at how she tried not to make eye contact. " I have been wandering so long I don't think I really know where I came from anymore. A lot of time on the road has left me with no place to call home." he told her, he smiled mischievously. "I don't mind questions, as long as I have answers beautiful"

KaramelParadiso

She knew that her question was unfair to him so she didn't expect any more of an answer then he had given her. Jaz pulled out her small note pad and jotted down his order quickly and gave him a warm smile. She wasn't doing that good of a job not staring into his eyes, but something about them just made her blood run faster. She couldn't put it into words but the pictures in her head swam all to well. Though Jaz's smile dropped from her face when she spotted the new group of drunks walking into the diner. She took a deep breath and put on a smile that she had to. "I will put that in right away for you sir" she told him and then turned walking back to the front of the store. "How many for you tonight gentlemen?" She asked grabbing a couple of menus and one of them looked up at her and when he actually noticed her his eyes turned from blank to lustful. That's when Jaz rolled her eyes and made sure that she didn't make eye contact with any of them. She grabbed the rest of the menus and lead them in the opposite direction of her other table with tall dark and handsome sitting in it. That would give her an excuse to walk away from theses guys if she needed it.

Once the group was sat she got their drink order looking forward to walking away from them "Thank you. I will get those out right away" she told them and when she got to turn around her smile dropped from her face then proceeded to walk away. However before she could get too far away one of the guys reached out grabbing her butt "No. Thank you" She heard a guy purr to her and she badly wanted to turn around and hit him but she did nothing instead. Jaz left her pride alone and just went behind the counter to put in the order for mystery man and then started to gather all the drinks for the drunks.
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

He had thanked her when she said she would put up his order. He kept his eyes in a more appropriate place, he was an old fashioned gentleman and he would require a far more intimate relationship with this girl before he allowed himself to look her over. He watched the reactions of the men instead, he did not like what he saw. He could smell the alcohol from here, it was made worse by the fact he could also smell their arousal. He didn't like the looks in their eyes at all as they watched her and found himself pleased when her smile fell away as soon as she turned.

Dresden sipped his drink as he nonchalantly listened to her take their order for drinks, he bristled only slightly when one grabbed her butt. He did not like it at all when men took liberty such as that with a woman who obviously had no interest in the attention. Dresden also had a really bad feeling about the one who's expression changed first when he saw Jaz, he recognized the look of a predator when he saw one. He decided he would hang around after he finished, since he knew any predator would stalk their prey when the moment was right, he didn't want this sweet waitress alone when she got off work.

KaramelParadiso

The night just wouldn't end, she wanted to go home and curl up under her covers till her next shift but that didn't seem like it was going to happen anytime soon. She had finally gotten the order for the drunks at table 3 when another group of drunks stumbled in the door not only guys this time but some girls. She took a deep breath and greeted them as she should and proceeded with her routine. Jaz grabbed the order for her favorite table of the night and walked over "Here you go. Sorry it took so long" she said referring to the now crowded diner. "If there is anything else you need please...don't hesitate to call me over" she said and then walked away. More orders were coming up and more people walking in. They were at full staff and still it was getting hard to keep up with the crowd.

Thing started to die down and she was able to take a breath now. "Alright Maria. I'm out of here" she called walking to the back of the bar. "See you in a few days" Maria called back and Jaz just nodded her head. She stripped off her apron and tossed it into the bin. Opening up her locker to pull out her purse and her jacket. Jaz clocked out and exited through the back doors. She stood outside the doors for a few minutes and took a deep breath of the nice open air. "Finally, a few days off to myself" then she proceeded to walk home.
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

Dresden had kept a watch on most of the drunks who looked ready to bother the waitress, he had greeted her with a smile when his food was brought to him, but ate in silence while watching the diner fill up. He supposed this was prime hours since alcohol didn't sit well without food in your stomach too, or at least that's how his hazy memory saw it from the years long gone when he COULD get drunk.  When Dresden finished he left the diner but didn't walk away completely, he waited a while until he saw the waitress leave. Sure enough a man followed her out.

Dresden followed them, his eyes focused on the man, so he had no idea if Jaz had become aware of her unwanted company, if she was afraid, or anything of the sort. When the man approached Jaz and grabbed her Dresden stepped in and pulled him away. "I don't think that's a wise choice..." Dresden said darkly to the man, who was obviously even drunker than when he went in the diner. The man tried to attack Dresden but he was overpowered as easily as if he had been an unruly child.

When Dresden subdued the man he turned his gaze to Jaz. "I hope he didn't scare you...I can read people well...he didn't look like he would be content to just grab you in the diner." he said, his tone soft and reassuring.

KaramelParadiso

A nice walk home was always good after the rush at the diner though some nights she wished that she could afford a cab or something cause her feet hurt most of the time but still she enjoyed the open air and the silence of the streets. The bars had already let out, the drunks were fed and off home already so this was a perfect time for her to walk home and not be bothered. Jaz's breath caught in her throat when she felt herself being jerked back, she opened her mouth to scream but nothing came out as her eyes fell upon one of her customers. "Um..." she wasn't sure what to say to this man. He had just saved her but what was he doing watching her and following her as well. Maybe he wanted to do something to  her and didn't want that other man getting in the way. Or maybe they were working together to do thing to women. Jaz stopped herself and took a deep breath closing her eyes for a minute and then opened them to look at her rescuer "Thank you...um...I'm Jazline..." she held her hand out to him "But you can call me Jaz, if you want" she halfway shrugged her shoulders.
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

Dresden could read the fear in her eyes, he smiled softly, his eyes locked on hers. "Jazline is a unique and beautiful name." he said softly, he took her hand and shook it gently, his grip not overly firm. "I'm Dresden, and don't worry I'm not with this...filth." he said, practically spitting the last word out. "I'm a gentleman...and I didn't like the way he was looking at a lady, nor his intentions." he said in a soft tone, he smiled a bit now. "Also, you're probably one of the first waitresses that ever served me who was professional about it."

The drunk he had subdued got up and ran away, Dresden watched him go. He would remember that guys scent, if he caught him following some poor girl like that again he wouldn't be as merciful. He sighed now and rolled his shoulders. "Well...I suppose I should go, I need to find a place where I can stay." he said, he didn't have enough money in his wallet for a motel room so he had a feeling he would end up sleeping in a park.

KaramelParadiso

Jaz blushed a little "Thank you" she said pulling her hand back to rest at her side, she really needed to get home and get some rest. Plus being out this late with the creeps out was making her really nervous. He thought she was professional, that made her breath a little easier that he hadn't noticed her staring at him and thinking of how wonderful it would be hang all over him. She cleared her throat "Thank you Dresden" Jaz turned and started to walk home again but then stopped. She looked behind her to look at Dresden, he had saved her from the creepy drunk guy. "Um..." Jaz turned to face him again "You can come stay with me for a while...if you would like?" She said as she fiddled with the zipper on her coat.
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

Dresden looked at her with a bit of surprise on his face. "I wouldn't want to impose...are you sure about such an offer?" he asked softly, he had to admit the idea of staying with this woman was appealing, she had a lovely face and just because he didn't purposefully stare at her body he could tell she was built to his liking. He really didn't want to spend the night in some park which was very likely to happen.

KaramelParadiso

"Well..." she started off, she still could say no but something in her heart told her not to just let him go and her mind was trying to reason with her that this man saved her life. But her conscious was having a hard time saying yes. she was still afraid that this man was going to hurt her if she let him get close. "You saved my life. It's the least that I can do after all" she said putting a smile on her face, she would deal with what ever came next but Jaz had a good feeling about Dresden "All you have to do is say yes" she told him as she walked up to him and slipped her arm through his and started to pull him off in the direction of her home before she even got an answer with from him. "My place isn't that far so you don't have to worry about walking any further. There's a store just around the corner for anything you need basically. I have plenty of food if you are hungry and I can cook so that's a plus oh...and I have a spare bed to so you don't have to worry about sleeping on a lumpy couch" she started to explain to him as they were getting closer to her apartment building.
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

The last thing Dresden had expected was this girl earnestly and eagerly dragging him to her home, he couldn't help a small smile. He listened to her talk about her house and the nearby stores, her mentioning she could cook pleased him since he was horrible and eating out all the time had always been expensive. He ended up chuckling after a while then caught himself. "Sorry, I accept your offer, just...strange to be given help like this." he said, finding it in himself to be mildly embarrassed. He looked sideways at her face, admiring its shape, her blue eyes sparkling in the night, her dark beautiful hair making her eyes stand out. He felt himself flush a little, which totally knocked him for a loop. No woman in a thousand years had made him blush except with embarrassment for them when they came on in a sexually blunt way.

KaramelParadiso

Jaz stopped at her building and just started ahead of her "Well...there isn't much kindness in this place anymore..." 'and I haven't had company in longer' she thought to herself and then she looked at him, her smile half there now. She wondered if he was worried that she had other intentions, but what could she do to him that he could have already done to her. She took a deep breath and started to descend down the stairs to the garden level apartment. She opened the door to a decently sized living room. She walked in and waited for him "the spare room is just down the hallway and second door to your right the bathroom is the first door on your right, my room is at the end of the hall and the kitchen is right here off to the left. There's cable and internet if you get bored and I have plenty of dvd's if you are into movies" she said dancing into the kitchen to get herself something to drink as she waited for him to get adjusted to her home.
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

Dresden slowly stepped into her place and looked around. He had to admit that she wasn't too bad off for a waitress, he knew the sort of living conditions someone with her job would have had to deal with in the taverns and pubs of the old world. Those would make this look like a mansion, but he knew there was no real way of making her understand that, just hope she was happy with what she had right now. Dresden walked into the kitchen after he took in the rest of the place and slowly looked it over with his eyes, noting where everything was. He was memorizing the layout of the place in case he had to move about in the dark. He gave Jaz a light smile. "you have a nice place" he said casually.

KaramelParadiso

Jaz walked from the kitchen with her drink "thank you" she told him as she looked around her place, it wasn't the largest of places but it was cozy and she like it. "Is there anything that I can get you?" She was tired but now that she had some company she was a little more away now and maybe she would sit and watch some tv before she went to bed. Jaz wasn't scared having a stranger in her home but if she did get that way a little more into the night she had a lock on her bedroom door to make her feel safe again. She turned her attention back to Dresden "So...what brings you to town?"
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

Dresden smiled and shook his head. "No, the food from the diner was quite filling. but thank you" he said softly. He too wondered what could be done, he looked at her and took in how she appeared. "Are you sleepy? You can go to bed if you like." he said softly, then he smiled. "You can even lock your door if it makes you feel more comfortable." he added. "I'll rest soon enough myself"

KaramelParadiso

She nodded her head "Alright then, sleep well" she told him and headed off to her room. She was exhausted from tonight's shift and could use the rest. She walked into her room and closed the door but stood there staring at her lock for a few seconds and then locked it. Maybe for the first night it would be best but maybe if she could get to know him better she would feel safer knowing that there is a man in the house to protect her. She smiled at that thought and undressed, getting into her sweatpants and tang-top. Then she turned off the lights and crawled into bed. Though it took a while longer for her to actually fall asleep as was her problem for most of her teenage years but eventually she passed out in a dreamless sleep.
~*~ Extra ~*~

ShadowRaven4d4

Dresden relaxed on her couch, subtly taking in all the scents of her home to get some idea about what sort of girl she was. Scent could tell a lot about a person if you knew what to look for, everything from laundry soap to perfume, among numerous other items. The scents he found relaxed him, he detected no hint of any sort of drug, nothing recent enough for his nose to pick up at any rate which meant nothing in the past several months. After a while he finally relaxed and stood up, stretching out and heading to the guest room where he simply took off his jacket and flopped down onto her guest bed, the bed smelled fairly clean, she took care of her stuff. With that he relaxed his senses until he drifted into a light slumber, just enough to get the sleep he needed but be aware of any danger.