Mushrooms; more than they seem

Started by Xanatos, March 24, 2010, 10:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xanatos

Paul Stamets: 6 ways mushrooms can save the world

I found it to be really fascinating. Even if all of his theories do not come true, the things he has proven to be real are amazing. Just another area of science which has amazing potential and amazing facts.

Muninn

Badgers, badgers, badgers, badgers - mushrooms! Mushrooms!

Ahem. Anyway!

This is interesting, it makes me think of Nausicaa.

Inkidu

I love mushrooms, I'm saving the world. Awesome!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Xanatos

It blew me away that mushrooms could use Oil and Radiation as energy sources, two of the most deadly things on this planet. Just amazing.

Shores

This... This is amazing! I can scarcely believe it. A cure for H1N1? Cellulose to ethanol? Oh my goodness. But in a way it is sort of expected, afterall in nature there is always a poison and an antidote. It makes me shudder to think we are destroying our biodiversity everyday and that some species of plants and animals will never be discovered.

Xanatos

The uses for mushrooms that Stamets already has patents for is amazing enough, but if it does prove to be wholly true that mushrooms can kill and or prevent diseases/viruses/sicknesses, that will be amazing.

The Exiled

For the longest time, I thought I was bizarre to be biting into raw portabellas and making yummy sounds. Now, I realize just how amazing those things are. Thanks for sharing.