News:

Main Menu

Psychics and stuff

Started by Lilian, February 19, 2006, 07:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilian

Anyone have experience with psychic stuff?  Especially on the spirit side of it?   

alahendra

What do you mean by the spirit side of it? 
"You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan
Designed and directed by his red right hand..."

Os & Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5351.0

ZK

What do you mean, Clairivoyance? Astral Projection? Or the detection of spirits?

Psychic and Spirit connectivity tend to be differating. One thing tends to be a natural occurance while the other requires rituals and such.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Celestial Goblin

My mother did 'Reiki', a method of natural healing, and i do know it works great for feeling better and with easing for example a fever.

Lilac

James Randi had a column a short while ago that the various frauds who 'Spoke for the dead.' were the worst of them.  It's bad enough that they prey on grieving individuals, but to put words in their mouths is an insult to their memory.

Lilian

I mean I end up masturbating too much and channeling spirits through my dreams and it freaks me the hell out because the last one actually came through the goddamn dream and into my house and it was _not_ a nice kind of entity, and I had one last night and...

Okay, ranting aside, how safe are dreams? If I see one in a dream, should I 'bail out' if it startles or scares me, or only if I really feel it's going to harm?   Also.. I dont know... the feeling between chakras opening. I know during sleep and meditation sometimes you reach a level of awareness that's like opening the third eye, there's this kind of pull.. I usually feel it before I'm visited.. but I dont know whether it's someone trying to get in or me trying to get out. o.o;

I hope any of this makes sense. -.-;

Lirliel

Maybe you should think about getting a dreamcatcher, at least that way whatever is 'intrested' in you might get caught if its a bad entity, just a thought
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Lilian

I have a big ol' dreamcatcher in my room already. ^_^;

Celestial Goblin

I seriously believe there can be a way to learn what the spirits want. If spirits exist, they surely wouldn't bug people without a good reason.

Lilian

Some are just lost on this earth, but yes, some do approach for a reason. I just dont want to dig myself a hole I might not be able to get out of. x.x;

Lilac

Quote from: Lilian on February 19, 2006, 04:43:36 PM
I mean I end up masturbating too much and channeling spirits through my dreams and it freaks me the hell out because the last one actually came through the goddamn dream and into my house and it was _not_ a nice kind of entity, and I had one last night and...

Okay, ranting aside, how safe are dreams? If I see one in a dream, should I 'bail out' if it startles or scares me, or only if I really feel it's going to harm?   Also.. I dont know... the feeling between chakras opening. I know during sleep and meditation sometimes you reach a level of awareness that's like opening the third eye, there's this kind of pull.. I usually feel it before I'm visited.. but I dont know whether it's someone trying to get in or me trying to get out. o.o;

I hope any of this makes sense. -.-;

This sounds like a night terror or waking dream.  It is sometimes accompanied by sleep paralysis, which can be exceedingly freaky.  I get these a lot.  >_>

Eventually, I just made a habit of banishing the dream when I feel it.  You can tell the difference when you wake up 'for real'.

Ajoxer

Dreams for me are odd. They tend to have a very twisted aspect, and they almost never happen while I'm in the city. In the country, though... I have a lot of dreams. None of spirits- If there are ghosts, they don't like me, and who can blame them. My dreams are... just twisted vistas of the real world. Ah well. But, I think that frankly, the dead haven't been able to beat the living yet- Even if they were hostile to us, you don't want to hand your enemy a weapon like that, do you?
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Lilian

Mm hmm! Now I must simply work on my control and tempering my mind. Thank you all for your help  - between here and a few unexpected freinds of freinds, I've made at least _some_ sense of all this. -snickers-

And my dreams are.. kind of like that. It's like watching a movie that you're a part of, sometimes playing a videogame. At times I can almost feel the mouse in my hand. >.>

So geeky, huh?