News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Breakfast Cake Question

Started by Alliance, June 05, 2011, 09:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alliance

So, I'm going to make coffee cake for some guest coming over next week. And need to find the verdict between a:

Almond Raspberry Coffee Cake

or a

Strawberry Almond Coffee Cake

Coffee cake: A class of cakes intended to be served with coffee or for similar breaks and snacks. Under this definition, a coffee cake does not need to contain coffee. They are typically single layer cakes that may be square or rectangular like a Stollen or loaf-shaped rectangular cakes. Coffee cakes are typically flavored with cinnamon, nuts, and fruits.

Oniya

Personally, I'm more of a fan of strawberries than raspberries.  I have no rational argument for why, though.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Caeli

I'm a big fan of strawberries, too, so that would be my choice. 8)

Honestly, I would make whatever you know your guest would like, or whatever you've made before and love to make. Even though it's a bit cheesy to say, I believe that people can feel the love that goes into creating something, especially food.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Alliance

Strawberries: 2

Raspberries: 0

----

Truth be told, I never made a coffee cake with fruit in it. This will be my first time. I'm sure my guest will love which ever I decide. But at the same time I love raspberries and strawberries.

But don't want to overload the cake with fruit, so I'm choosing one or the other.

Belle33

I vote strawberry.  Although, I'd enjoy raspberry as well.   I just love visiting friends who bake. 

What time is breakfast?   :P

Ons/Offs, Stories & Poems, Currently Not Available for RP

Beguile's Mistress

Strawberry Almond sounds lovely.  What do you think of adding fresh blueberries to that recipe?

frogman

Raspberry - but if you can find out what your guest prefers, go with that.

Alliance

Strawberry is winning here.

Well I wanted it to be a surprise a bit.