Baaad Cookie

Started by HymenBreacher, May 06, 2011, 07:11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HymenBreacher

...or at least I THINK this is a cookie problem.

After talking to the delicious Mithlomwen and even offering to wear a kilt for her, we were unable to find a solution to this odd little problem so if you can help I'd appreciate it.

I used to be able to retain my Log-in and Password information for the website.  However since I started using a new computer I am finding that I have to enter that information every time.  Sometimes it even repeatly times out in mid-session.

The things that I have made sure is that : Cookies is enabled for my browser (IE9 Windows 7 64bits).  I made sure I clicked on "Stayed Log-on" checkbox.  And in the screen where it asks how long I want to remain connected I used the default 10k+ min value as well as clicked on "Stay Connected Forever".  I also tried the link on the top of the main page to "Wipe all cookies", and the behaviors (IE not remembering my ID/Pass and occasional time-out) continue to persist.

It isn't the end of the world to re-enter my ID/Pass every time, but if anyone can think of anything I sure would appreciate it.  Thanks for reading

HairyHeretic

Have you tried logging in using different browsers? It might be the settings in one messing you about.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

HymenBreacher

Hiyas thanks for the quick reply.  I'm afraid I only have this one single browser available to me.  Are there any particular IE settings that would prevent the browser from remember to keep me logged in?  I thought I covered all the obvious ones.

HairyHeretic

I'm not sure offhand, as I never use IE. Firefox is my main, with Opera as my backup.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

HymenBreacher

Alright.  Thanks for trying. :)

Machete

I use Google Chrome and Firefox.

Vekseid

Check your privacy and security settings for the elliquiy.com domain

Also, make sure your computer's clock is set correctly.

HymenBreacher

I double checked.  www.elliquiy.com is set to "Always Allowed" for cookies in the Security/Privacy options.  And the clock is set to the right date and time.  Is there anything else I can check?  I'm more than a little baffled as you can imagine lol

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Vekseid

www.elliquiy.com is not the domain you are on. You are on elliquiy.com

If you specifically allow only www.elliquiy.com and refuse elliquiy.com, elliquiy.com will not work properly.

HymenBreacher

Yeah sorry I mis-spoke.  Elliquiy.com is in the Always Allowed list, so the mystery problem remains.

Odin

I'm not sure, but I think if you have IE to never remember history it logs you out a lot.

Is that an issue here?

HymenBreacher

Quote from: Odin on May 08, 2011, 07:36:41 AM
I'm not sure, but I think if you have IE to never remember history it logs you out a lot.

Is that an issue here?

Would you please point out more specifically where I may look that up?  Thank you for helping.

Odin

Toolbar > Tools > Internet options > Browsing history > Settings.

Should all be in there, but not sure if that'll do it.

HymenBreacher

Thank you, that was the problem. :)