Only in America: A Woman's Breast Goes to the Supreme Court

Started by OldSchoolGamer, May 04, 2009, 10:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

Quote from: HairyHeretic on May 06, 2009, 02:01:04 PM
What you need is the equivalent of the NRA but for breasts. You have the right to bare arms, go for the right to bare breasts as well. Buy a few politicians, get them to go topless on the job, kick the whole thing into the mainstream. :)

I'll try and find a link to it, but I distinctly remember a group that was based around that idea... that a woman going around topless was not being obscene or acting sexually. Got a fair amount of support around San Fran if I can remember correctly, but as I saw this story around a year (or more) ago and haven't heard much since so I doubt its made that much ground.

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on May 06, 2009, 02:01:04 PM
What you need is the equivalent of the NRA but for breasts. You have the right to bare arms, go for the right to bare breasts as well. Buy a few politicians, get them to go topless on the job, kick the whole thing into the mainstream. :)
They lost over a fight with the NBA.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

It could be the NMA - National Mammaries Association...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on May 06, 2009, 05:40:47 PM
Well they also tried the Breast Regulation Agency but as it turns out bra was taken too. ^~^
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Rhapsody on May 06, 2009, 02:53:00 PM
It does matter.  Prescription meds is prescription meds, no matter how easily you can get to the dose with over the counter meds.

It wasn't an anonymous tip.  It came from another student who had been caught with a pill or two and the accused student's planner in her hand.  The girl said that the student who'd loaned her the planner also gave her the drugs.

It doesn't matter to me.  They had no right.

And if I trusted every little high school rat in trouble then I'd be in some deep shit.
Quote from: consortium11 on May 06, 2009, 03:34:17 PM
I'll try and find a link to it, but I distinctly remember a group that was based around that idea... that a woman going around topless was not being obscene or acting sexually. Got a fair amount of support around San Fran if I can remember correctly, but as I saw this story around a year (or more) ago and haven't heard much since so I doubt its made that much ground.

Yes, and I do NOT like that group. . .they give pagans a bad name!
Quote from: Oniya on May 06, 2009, 05:40:47 PM

Maybe not the same people.  I'm talking about the woman that's also a member of PINK. 

Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Oniya

Actually, I was trying to come up with an alternative name for 'the equivalent of the NRA [National Rifle Association] but for breasts'.

As Inkidu pointed out, the 'NBA' (National Breast Association) was already in use by the National Basketball Association.

Of course, my suggestion is already in use by the National Medical Association.  :(
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on May 06, 2009, 06:09:20 PM
Actually, I was trying to come up with an alternative name for 'the equivalent of the NRA [National Rifle Association] but for breasts'.

As Inkidu pointed out, the 'NBA' (National Breast Association) was already in use by the National Basketball Association.

Of course, my suggestion is already in use by the National Medical Association.  :(
That's life.

ShrowdedPoet

NNA (National Nipple Association), NTA (National Titty Association), NKA (National Knockers Association)? . . . .
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Inkidu

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on May 06, 2009, 06:42:20 PM
NNA (National Nipple Association), NTA (National Titty Association), NKA (National Knockers Association)? . . . .
Too narrow, too vulgar, and I'm sure someone somewhere out there is very offended that you associated that with their association of door knockers. :D

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Rhapsody

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on May 06, 2009, 06:04:23 PM
It doesn't matter to me.  They had no right.

And if I trusted every little high school rat in trouble then I'd be in some deep shit.

I didn't say they had a right.  All I said was I could understand the reaction.  That's not saying I excuse it, because it's pretty intolerable. 
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Lavaske

Quote from: consortium11 on May 06, 2009, 03:34:17 PM

There's actually still a few places in the United States where clothing is not mandatory, besides nudist colonies.  Up until 2004 it was legal to walk around in the nude in Ashland, Oregon, and bare breasts are still completely okay.

Kip

Quote from: Rhapsody on May 06, 2009, 10:10:46 PM
I didn't say they had a right.  All I said was I could understand the reaction.  That's not saying I excuse it, because it's pretty intolerable.

I tend to agree with Rhapsody here regarding the reaction - I know of a couple of cases where I live (separate country I know..) where kids have brought in prescription drugs and sold them or given them to other kids who plan on mixing them with alcohol for the reactions.  I subsequently have a sympathy for the reaction against prescription drugs being at school without being monitored closely.  I do not however agree with the actions that followed - it could have and should have been handled in a vastly different manner.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

zefieyuki

I guess people have nothing better to do then to debate Jackson's wardrobe...still. They'd rather be watching mindless TV then dealing with their own problems.