Blood sweat and broken strings.

Started by SinXAzgard21, August 11, 2010, 12:32:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Blood sweat and broken strings

"Everything happens for a reason."  - to many people to count.

For some reason, after listening to music for countless hours and watching BECK: MCS... I want to do a game either based on a band or a group of people coming together from different walks of life wanting to do something with their lives or make something of themselves instead of living the daily grind... Music is so hard to write about, but I'm mostly looking for character development, this can be a game where its just four people or as many as find and intrest in it...

Either post interest or pm me.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Miyr

I am curious as to what sort of band you are looking to assemble. I have played many characters over the years who were musically inclined, however they were primarily string instrument users (violin, viola, cello, biwa, harp) with the occasional flute or guitar thrown in. I don't know if any of these instruments would be of interest to you, but it is possible for me to play a musically inclined character that dabbles in multiple instruments.

Also, you can see some samples of my posts by looking through my profile. I currently run a few games and it would be nice to actually just partake in one. I prefer to play female characters but have been known to occasionally play males. However, due to my real time schedule being bit out of whack, my time or appearance on E may be a bit all over the place.

However, with that aside, I would like to express my interest in your idea~
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

SinXAzgard21

My main influences for this rp are:

Staind
30 seconds to mars
Dropkick Murphys

there are a few others, but mainly more to the hard rock side... writing about a metal band sounds like a head ache really... Plus each of these bands songs have so much meaning in them.  Character development is a huge thing for me... I just don't want them to be one way one post then appear to now be a changed superstar.... It wouldn't be what I'm looking for... 

You are more than welcome to drop a skeleton for a character if you'd like... I'd prefer females to play females and so on.

Miyr

Character development is my forte and something I prefer to focus on. And question, are you actually wanting to produce music that they will be signing? Or just focus on their development as a band and the bonds between the characters? Because if you actually want to do songs that will be created, I do dabble a bit in poetry on occasion so we could possibly come up with something. I am also looking up the bands you mentioned.

I personally listen to a majority of imported music, but I like: E.S. Posthumus, Nightwish, Celldweller, Lady GaGa, No Doubt, 3OH!3, and some other stuff.

As for a character sheet, here's one that's modified from an established character I've used for years but will tweak for this game.

Name: Belamine Leigngod
Parents: Benjamin and Elaine Leigngod
Siblings: Raul Leigngod
Dislikes: Spicy food, stupid people, preps/jocks.
Hobbies: Sketching and painting when not involved with something related to the band.
Fears: Insects
Country of Origin: Romania
Back Story: Originally born in Romania, she spent most of her young childhood there. Shortly before she turned 10 years old, her parents immigrated to the States via job promotion and has become a duel citizen since. Able to speak English fluently, she has a slight accent still but blends in perfectly with American society. Having issues with her older brother, Belamine can be quiet a rebel and go against the example her brother led. Having an affinity for music, Belamine partook in school and private orchestras throughout her childhood and is actively skilled with many instruments. Also is very intelligent and does well in school but is built rather daintily, so she's often underestimated due to her size.
Instruments: Cello, viola, harp, guitar, and flute.
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 126lbs
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Ice Blue
Attire: Usually seen in blacks or blues, she wears jeans and T-shirts often but also has a girlie side, wearing dresses or skirts. She has a taste for vintage clothing, and occasionally can be seen wearing items that appear to be from the Victorian era.

-Miyr

SinXAzgard21

I chose hard rock because it is easier to do than most the music that I listen to the most such as:

Gackt, The gazette, Maximum the Hormone and so on....

.... I love Romanian accents..... Anyways, I like her... I'm still working on my character.

Miyr

I got into Gackt as a kid and before he was super famous. So we got that in common ^^

Also, hard rock is easier to work with, but there are also other variations that we could possibly incorporate into the storyline. Like if they wanted to do a song in a certain way etc. I am a huge fan of instrumental metal/rock so I may have her try that out.

And glad that you like her! I will kick up the accent then since you like it! Not everyone does. But this character is actually from the Victorian Era (in the primary place I used her she was a vampire) so I just needed to adapt her to modern society, which isn't that hard.

-Miyr