Looking for someone to run a game ...

Started by Thorne, August 06, 2006, 04:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorne

Wanted: One GM to run a game for an Afflicted Werewolf and her goblin worg-rider friend (and possibly one or two others - we're looking at a /small/ group). Joining a game that's in progress would also work - we're not real picky.

Rules and Reality: DnD3.5e (gestalt preferred). Reality: whatever you've got. Faerun, Eberron, homebrew - we're up for it.

Adult Content: Fine with us. If it gets weird, that's okay too.

Details: Anh'shlai is a (currently), 6th level Barbarian/direwolf Afflicted Lycanthrope (L/N, when she's human, T/N when she's the wolf, which is most of the time), who spends the majority of her time as Irrek's 'worg' mount.
Irrek is a (currently), 6th level Scout/fighter goblin worg-rider who knows perfectly well what Anhi is and doesn't really have a problem with it.

What we want out of you: Someone who is willing to throw the rulebook out the window on occasion - we had a problem with our last GM on discussion of split initiative (or lack thereof) of mount and rider and it wound up stopping the game. We would prefer not to do that again.
Also, someone who can write well, offer lots of options for us to get into trouble with and who is not particularly attached to the notion of 'monsters always conform to this, that or the other alignment. ^^

What we offer in return: Plenty of Large, Rusty Hooks. The werewolf (quite possibly a twisted sunuvabitch) who savaged Anhi is still out there, her people are probably looking for her, and Irrek's tribe has been absorbed into a tyrant's army - likely not to their benefit - and the two of them are looking for a way to do something about the known problem - in this case, the tyrant. Details, of course, are available to interested parties. ^^

Writing Sample: Anh'shlai:
   Anh'shlai is a powerfully muscular young woman of perhaps 23 years. It is difficult to make out her true age - except that she is young and well formed. She has straight black hair and yellow-gold eyes that resemble those of a wolf, and heavy callouses on her bare feet and the palms of her hands. As a rule, she wears very little - a brief fur-skirt and bra, if that. Armour, occasionally. There is, however, a good reason for this... a reason that has nothing and everything to do with the lanky goblin standing just beside her. You see, Anh'shlai is a werewolf... and not precisely a typical one.

As the wolf, she is a massive black animal, bigger than most normal wolves, but not quite as big as a full-grown dire-wolf. Her fur is thick and plush, her eyes slightly reddish. She wears a well-wrought black leather harness that blends well with her fur, with only the buckles - matte-finished steel – to say where it is on her body.

As the massive wolf-hybrid she is more than six feet tall, with a heavy black pelt and a long brush of a tail. Long, razor-sharp claws grace her hands and feet, and her teeth are white and shining. In this form, the tiny patch of white fur on her throat is more visible - and is the only such patch on her entire body.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

indarkestknight

Interesting... I'd be willing to GM this... I'd need a bit more in terms of background and such, but this sounds very, very intriguing. I've never actually GMed and Eberron game, but the setting intrigues me, so it would probably be along those lines.

Thorne

Heh. Eberron - that brings the Church of the Silver Flame into the collection of Large, Rusty (barbed!) Hooks.... ^^

As for background - I'll flip you a PM. I have to talk to Irrek's player about his, but I can get you what I knocked out for Anhi.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups