Games won't play on Firefox

Started by MzNurse, January 30, 2013, 10:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzNurse

I've just switched over from IE to Firefox, and none of my games will play. The page will load all the headers, toolbars, etc, but the part that the game is supposed to be on is a blank screen. I've updated Adobe Flashplayer/Shockwave. What am I missing?
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

nathanrocks

Try updating or downloading the latest version of Java. Most games run on java along with shockwave/adobe.

Saerrael

I experienced some difficulties with the newest version of Firefox and Java/ Flash. I'm on an older version now for the time being (16), until things get sorted. It could be this, too.

MzNurse

@nathan: Thanks!  I would never have thought upgrading Java.  this didn't solve the problem but apparantly the Java I had was ancient.

@ Saerrael: Someone just directed me here: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/flash-113-doesnt-load-video-firefox. they had me install/upgrade RealPlayer, and that fixed the problem!

Saerrael

Good to hear something worked out for you *smiles*

nathanrocks

Oniya

If you use Java at all, it's important to not only use the latest version, but also to remove any old versions (if yours was ancient, it might not have properly removed - check your 'Add/Remove Programs' control panel to be sure.)

A lot of ne'er-do-wells spend their copious free time writing 'exploits' that use holes in Java's security to do nasty things.  Mr. Oniya keeps getting messages that certain plug-ins have been shut down 'for security reasons' from certain sites - these are sites using older versions of Java applications that are particularly at risk.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Teo Torriatte

I'll never understand how some people can derive so much pleasure from trying to make other people suffer.

MzNurse

Thanks Oni. I removed the old versions after installing the new because Java strongly recommended it. And I'm with you, Luna. Those people must be miserably lonely.