News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mathematician Cracks Mystery Beatles Chord

Started by Spookie Monster, November 01, 2008, 06:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

As a passionate fan of The Beatles, I'm excited to post this.

Mathematician Cracks Mystery Beatles Chord

The opening chord to A Hard Day's Night is also famous because for 40 years, no one quite knew exactly what chord Harrison was playing.  Musicians, scholars and amateur guitar players alike had all come up with their own theories, but it took a Dalhousie mathematician to figure out the exact formula.

Enjoy!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Oniya

But it doesn't tell us what the chord is!  *flails*

*stomps off to run Fourier transformations*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Spookie Monster

Perhaps it's the intellectual property of Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono?

(A joke... I think.)

By the way, for anybody who's interested in The Beatles and in video games: It was just announced that they're producing a Beatles video game which "will draw from the entire Beatles catalog and will use the original U.K. tracks" and which will be "compatible with all Rock Band-related peripherals."  Learn more here and here and probably elsewhere.  I'm not a huge video gamer, but even I might check this one out...

Spel

They've really made the grade...
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Will

It doesn't say, no.  It does say, though, that the F was the problematic note.  I've never tried to figure out that chord, but I would imagine knowing that would make it a lot easier.  *goes to find a copy*

Thanks Spel! :)
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac