More 5th Ed Adventuring

Started by Lyku, May 09, 2016, 03:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mclovin

Some potential appearances I had been wanting to use.

Monk

possible fighter

I'm actually feeling kind of partial to the fighter, but I'll expand on them when I get to my house.
"Our battlefield have no place for that piece of shit God! It's time we take over God's job, we soldiers will take God's place. Put the arrogant ass, God, out of the job!"

Lyku

I will be reviewing character concepts and will hopefully have decisions by 2 pm EST.  For those interested, this is not a first come first serve.  I will be balancing the party as roles are needed at times.

Sheets do not need to be flawless.  I will state though that if 5 people are making arcane casters, not all of them will be picked. 
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Mclovin

Quote from: Lyku on May 10, 2016, 08:49:56 AM
I will be reviewing character concepts and will hopefully have decisions by 2 pm EST.  For those interested, this is not a first come first serve.  I will be balancing the party as roles are needed at times.

Sheets do not need to be flawless.  I will state though that if 5 people are making arcane casters, not all of them will be picked.
Ah jeeze, I wont be home until 3pm est. I'll try and put something up via my phone, but please forgive me for any punctuation errors.
"Our battlefield have no place for that piece of shit God! It's time we take over God's job, we soldiers will take God's place. Put the arrogant ass, God, out of the job!"

Lyku

It doesn't have to be flawless.  I'll push the time back to 3:30 then.  Give some insight into the character if you cant get a sheet up.  Also, any questions you might have regarding the general world, feel free to ask here or via PM.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Miroque

DAAAAMMMM... too late to place an app? (not the most knowlegable on 5th edition) but DnD is my favorite drug.

Lyku

I am still accepting characters.  I haven't made any decisions yet and won't for a few hours.  2 PM EST I will close player interest.  You won't need to have character sheets done, but with the interest, that will be the time I cut off interest from new players.  So everyone who has posted so far is good and in the running.

Chulanowa

Sheet's finished (aside from spells, the ability boost or feat, and spending that gold) buuuut I'm about to head out the door for work, and won't be back until well after 3 EST. Sooo. Hope I'm in  ;D

Miroque

Quallathan Aillion
Race: Elf
Class: Cleric
Social Class: Minor Noble
Appearance
Quallathan is thin framed elven woman, with silver hair and striking features. Her eyes shine like an freshly minted silver coins, only to draw onlookers eyes from the rest of her form. She wears the highest of fashions where ever she moves to signature her status.
Personality
Quallathan is empathic listener and keen conversationalist. Her knack of etiquette makes her home in any situation. Something she has been mastering for years. Other than that, she is quite hard to read, as she tends to keep everyone at arms length.
Background
Quallathan of House Aillion has lived an youth of luxury, and as an second child, she were blessed by the gods. Not many elven families get more that one child and as such, she was free to pursuit any dreams she wanted, where her elder brother was suited for the family business.

From early on, Quallathan's link to the Divine realms came to known and with family connections, she was introduced to an Highpriest Ten' driss of the grand temple of Corellon. Highpriest instantly noticed the girl's connection and started to mentor her. Years grew and her skills bloomed, but during her priestly career, grief struct House Aillion. Ship wrecked, taking both of her parents with it, and she was called home. Her brother was taking over the House, and needed his sister with her. To be his Divine counsel. She was more that happy to apply and so went the next few decades.

Quallathan got disintrested of the Courtly manners and as her brother married, she was ones again free to pursuit her newly found path of an Adventurer. She had an driving need to find out what had really happened to her parents.
Items
Courtiers outfit
Retainers

(I need to make the sheet, but I think its the easiest part of all this... Cleric based on courtly affairs , Wis primary, Cha next, then Int.. I made her Elf, as most of the app's seems to on the same race.. would it be grand to have full elf group. Another nice story hook, if you need one more...)

Mclovin

(Did this all on my phone. Hopefully I can get a sheet up today if I'm accepted.)

Character name: Matsudaira Sen
Race: Human (Variant)
Background: Folk Hero
Class: Fighter
Backstory: Human culture is broken into various segments with wide variations. Sen, born into a clan of people from the far east, has strived to live up to the expectations of her clan. Like all members of the clan, Sen was trained in the way of the sword, and is privy to the clans unique sword-style. When she was nearing her coming of age, an important time for all adolescents in the Matsudaira clan, word came of an emerging conflict with neighboring families. Mere months before Sen's ceremony, battle had come as various clans met on the field of battle. The reasoning behind this fighting was something that Sen was trying to understand meanwhile. Something regarding a succession dispute? It mattered not. Sen would prove herself in the field of battle and garner a reputation as a fiercesome swordswoman. Unfortunately, the winds of war would not end in her clans favor as the conflict drew to a close and her clan had all but wittled away. Disillusioned, Sen decided to make for new lands where she could hope to erase the scars of loss. Currently, she is a common mercenary and an enforcer working for those willing to pay. Hopefully, something would happen that'd change her destiny.

Muse

Very nice image. And welcome to the sight.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mclovin

Quote from: Muse on May 10, 2016, 10:57:22 AM
Very nice image. And welcome to the sight.
Thank you very much. ^^

Revelation

Yeah! Welcome to the site!

Anyway, I can't work out a good backup character and since I think warlocks are fairly different from other arcane casters, i'll keep to my guns on the 'lock. No hard feelings if I don't make it in!

Landshark

Working out a character now. Just the PHB and Sword Coast books used or Unearth Arcana as well?

Mclovin

Quote from: Changingsaint on May 10, 2016, 11:52:55 AM
Yeah! Welcome to the site!

Anyway, I can't work out a good backup character and since I think warlocks are fairly different from other arcane casters, i'll keep to my guns on the 'lock. No hard feelings if I don't make it in!
Thank you for the warm welcome. ^^

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Landshark on May 10, 2016, 01:00:46 PM
Working out a character now. Just the PHB and Sword Coast books used or Unearth Arcana as well?

All official material is approved so I think Unearthed Arcana is allowed, but better confirm anything potentially 'broken' things from GM :P.

Quote from: Mclovin on May 10, 2016, 01:04:37 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome. ^^

Welcome to site also :). Hope you will have years of fun and enjoyment while in here.

Landshark

Tobias (Toby) Rasmusen Delgotto
Race/Sex: Halfling (Lightfoot)/Male
Class/lv: Cleric (Luck)/ 5th
Alignment: CG
Background: Acolyte
Stats: Str:10   Dex:17   Con:10   
   Int:13   Wis:15   Cha:14
Ht/Wt: 3’1/60lbs
Background:
Born the youngest of 4 and being the only boy did little to make Toby an independent man. He grew up sheltered from harm by his sisters and widowed mother. This however did not spoil him. He grew up an outgoing and loving child, considered more a son of the town than just his family. Always helpful and cheery he did little to suggest his future adventuring ways.
   One day a series of events, which started with a simple finding of a silver coin, ended up being the most important day of his life. When it was done he was convinced that the gods of luck had smiled on him and he decided right then to dedicate his life to them. Now he wanders the world bumping into whomever and calling it luck that he had met them OR more accurately that they had met him as Toby is a fount of usefulness.

TheBlazinDragon

http://pre15.deviantart.net/d70d/th/pre/f/2012/009/3/1/half_orc_monk_by_numberslayer-d4luile.jpg

Character name: Theredak
Race:Half-Orc
Background: Acolyte
Class:Monk
Backstory: it's coming. Trying to write this at work is a pain in the ass.... basically he had a lot of rage when he was a youth,  a monk took him in and he learned ways to calm himself while also making a positive difference in others lives. He's now out to use his teachings and help those he can while still trying to fight off his inner rage. (I'll have a better Backstory once I get home)

Lyku

I am posting this to inform you that those selected for this story have been chosen and players have been informed.  The response was much greater than I expected and I will more than likely have another game running in the future. 

Thank everyone for your interest.

Mclovin

Finalized character sheet.

Matsudaira Sen

Might of made mistakes, but feel free to point them out.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Lyku on May 10, 2016, 02:44:29 PM
I am posting this to inform you that those selected for this story have been chosen and players have been informed.  The response was much greater than I expected and I will more than likely have another game running in the future. 

Thank everyone for your interest.

Well... Shoot. Hurry up with it!  ;D I wanna play my fling spellslinger

TheBlazinDragon

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 10, 2016, 08:44:13 PM
Well... Shoot. Hurry up with it!  ;D I wanna play my fling spellslinger

I think that means he PM'D those who were chosen unfortunately.

Elven Sex Goddess

Name:  Lefty
Race:  Half-Elven
Class:  Rogue (thief-burglar)
Background: Criminal

Concept:  Loreli Lanni or as known Lefty.   Is been a career criminal.   Her parents died of a sickness that swept the city, leaving her and her siblings to fend for themselves.  Being the eldest,   at twelve years of age.     She had to take care of her siblings.   Who would become street urchins.  Two siblings  a brother and sister, respectively eight and seven at the time.    To support them she became part of the thieve's guild and took up criminal activities.   

Good at heart, but having no use for the shackles of those that would be tyrants (lawful)   She gives half of what she takes to the urchins of the streets.   To make sure they have a warm meal in the belly and a place to stay at night. 

As the three reached adult,  the need to support her siblings was no longer needed.  As they go on their own chosen professions.   Lefty would start her adventuring career,  still she is a top notch burglar.   An she still robs a fat cat greedy bastards to give to the urchins of the streets.   When she is not out adventuring.   

Chulanowa

Quote from: TheBlazinDragon on May 10, 2016, 08:59:44 PM
I think that means he PM'D those who were chosen unfortunately.

Yeah, I meant hurry up with the other game  :D

TheBlazinDragon

Quote from: Chulanowa on May 10, 2016, 11:07:32 PM
Yeah, I meant hurry up with the other game  :D
Ah! Hahaha well then I second that xD

Wolfy

If we're going to have a shortage of front line fighters I could play an Eldritch Knight or Arcane Trickster. :p