News:

Main Menu

OpenCourseWare

Started by Spookie Monster, September 27, 2008, 07:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

According to the OpenCourseWare Consortium:

An OpenCourseWare is a free and open digital publication of high quality educational materials, organized as courses.  The OpenCourseWare Consortium is a collaboration of more than 200 higher education institutions and associated organizations from around the world creating a broad and deep body of open educational content using a shared model.  The mission of the OpenCourseWare Consortium is to advance education and empower people worldwide through opencourseware.

So, just what higher educational institutions are involved in this collaboration?  Well, what about the University of California, Berkeley?

Every semester, UC Berkeley webcasts select courses and events for live viewing and on-demand replay over the Internet.

Her sister in Irvine is involved, too:

The University of California, Irvine has a long history of social engagement.  As a leading public research University, an important part of its mission is to showcase and disseminate the research and scholarship of the University to the public.

There's the University of Notre Dame:

Notre Dame OCW is a free and open educational resource for faculty, students, and self-learners throughout the world.

There's Tufts University:

Tufts' initial course offerings demonstrate the University's strength in the life sciences in addition to its multidisciplinary approach, international perspective and underlying ethic of service to its local, national and international communities.

There's Utah State University:

Utah State OpenCourseWare is a collection of educational material used in our formal campus courses, and seeks to provide people around the world with an opportunity to access high quality learning opportunities.

Johns Hopkins University wouldn't miss it for the world:

The Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health's OPENCOURSEWARE (OCW) project provides access to content of the School's most popular courses.

Yale University is involved:

Open Yale Courses provides free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University.

Oh, and you may have heard of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology:

MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content.  OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.

So MIT is offering "virtually all" of its course content.  Wow.

Or maybe you'd prefer some material in FrenchSpanish?  Or maybe you'd prefer instead to study some material offered by Japanese universities?

No degrees included, incidentally; sorry about that.  Just goes to remind us that when one's pursuing higher education, one's paying for the paper, not the knowledge!

I hope that you enjoy the material! :)

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Lilias

*takes just a moment to offer sincerest thanks before going back to downloading PDFs like crazy* ;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

*scans MIT math courses, dives for DVD burner on the lap top*

Wha-aat?    8)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Spookie Monster

Thanks for the thanks, Lilias!  I do hope that you've been enjoying what you've found.  And I likewise hope that you've been enjoying those MIT math courses, Oniya!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~