News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Recruiting for a Pathfinder Campaign

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, December 21, 2010, 09:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Marlow on December 24, 2010, 09:27:34 PM
Would you be able to give me a quick run-down of how exactly a forum based system-game works? I cannot really grasp it, to be honest.

It really is no different then playing at a table top game.     Not for the over all mechanics. 

Play by post in a forum based system is slower then sitting around a table with friends.   Instead of describing scenes verbally or drawing details on a map.   More description is needed.    Especially with detail, such as place in party.  By writing out ones actions.  Over all it is the slowness that does take time to get use to.  However,  the benefit of a forum based game unlike playing at a java chat or IRC channel or just at table at home.  Is allows people to play together at different times.   To create a on going adventure.

Oh and instead of using dice,  a dice roller is used to generate dice rolls for the core mechanics of the game play.     

Anyways hope this clears it up some.   Perhaps should have waited when not so tired to try and explain.   

Marlow

Would you handle all the rolls? One of the games I observed had the players stating their intended action, and the DM actually punching in the numbers in to the dice roller and posting the results.
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Marlow on December 25, 2010, 12:33:36 AM
Would you handle all the rolls? One of the games I observed had the players stating their intended action, and the DM actually punching in the numbers in to the dice roller and posting the results.

For the most part players will roll there own dice.    With such exceptions as looking for as merely passing a secret door  (an elf)  or disarming a trap as examples.   Of course I will make such known in game as we go along. 

So far the cast;

dnd3edm1  -  Elven bard,   human side down in luck burger flipper individual.

Callie Del Noire -  Aasimar bloodline sorceress,  a gambler as human.

Partial tentative commitment;

slavenumber689 -  a bard

lorcan -  half orc 

Phantasmatical -  brainstorming a concept

Ryuka Tana  -  ?

Marlow -   ?

~~~~

Also with the question of  cross gender playing.  That is fine,  and ultimately in the hands of the entire cast.    Which  if taken a step farther in concepts.   A player could have a dude in the real world,  example some delivery truck driver.  But crossing over he becomes a she a fair elven maiden or perhaps just a human damsel.  Which could lead to some interesting role play situations and events. 

Shadowfox

Do you allow alternate core class builds, for specific instance I have in mind Monk of The Lotus. If so I would do an elven monk of the lotus, toying with the human idea that she used to get into a lot of fights when she was in high school and as a teenager until something finally showed her violence wasn't the answer to everything.

CmdrRenegade

It looks like you have enough people.  I'll step aside.  Have fun!  :D
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

ManyMindsManyVoices

"As I said, I hardly have the time in general. After some thought, I'd rather not make the commitment and then not live up to it."
My O/Os * Everyone should read 1/0

This is the Oath of the Drake. You should take it.

dnd3edm1

I wasn't expecting to be the only guy with two (three for the DM) girls... what's with that?  The setting, I find, is rife with possibility...

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Shadowfox on December 25, 2010, 05:20:16 PM
Do you allow alternate core class builds, for specific instance I have in mind Monk of The Lotus. If so I would do an elven monk of the lotus, toying with the human idea that she used to get into a lot of fights when she was in high school and as a teenager until something finally showed her violence wasn't the answer to everything.

If talking about eventually going into the prestige class then yes.    If it is a class writeup.   Do you have a link.   

Genbu83

Should you need another able body and somebody quite familiar with pathfinder. I Have been dying to play an Inquisitor. Perhaps in the real world he is a private investigator...or a forensic scientist.

Genbu83

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on December 26, 2010, 09:07:47 PM
If talking about eventually going into the prestige class then yes.    If it is a class writeup.   Do you have a link.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk#TOC-Monk-of-the-Lotus

it is an archetype monk ESG.

Though the bards might want to check out arcane duelist....very nice variant.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Genbu83 on December 26, 2010, 09:10:37 PM
Should you need another able body and somebody quite familiar with pathfinder. I Have been dying to play an Inquisitor. Perhaps in the real world he is a private investigator...or a forensic scientist.

Thanks for some reason the link I had kept giving me 3rd party prestige classes,  been removed.    I didn't bother to go back to monk and look lol.   A blonde moment for me.   

So the monk is a go.

An as for your character idea.  Sure on the base class of an inquisitor, sounds interesting with the concept.   

Shadowfox

Here is a basic sheet will be updating it when I wake up to include name picture and a few other things.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=263239

So as for a few of the starting things we would normal get like gold and language. I know it said at beginning starting gold but will we actually have anything coming newly into the world. Also will we even know our racial languages as we change or will we have to learn them.

Elven Sex Goddess

Thank you Shadowfox,  character looks good. 

I like the questions and they raise some interesting possibilities.   I can go either way with how the group deals with the questions posed.   At first thought,  I was going to offer up the option.   But then in thinking it over.    I have decided to go with this;

The inherent magic of the land of Never never land  imparts the character with their respective knowledge of racial languages.   An some even know more then their own racial languages.     As well when the characters cross the barrier.   At first time the characters gain those items purchased in character build.  And each new item acquired  in adventuring will appear when they cross back over in going back and forth between the two worlds.   Likewise in returning to the mundane world of the real world  the characters gear disappears.   Although the racial knowledge of the various languages magically gifted when first cross over, the individual does not lose That knowledge remains when returning to the real world.   

The reason for going with this option.   Is simply I want to keep the party favor and not have the campaign break down into  five or six separate individual threads as the players go about learning languages and such.

Notes on crossing between worlds.    There are two ways to cross over  between worlds.    One is a fairy leads you across the barrier.   For they are the only known ones that can cross over between worlds.      The other way is there will be artifacts in both worlds that the party will learn about.   That allow characters to cross between the two worlds.   

On such skills as Knowledges Geography,   Nobility.   Can only be taken after character creation.    Knowledges skills such as arcane, religion  are allowed at creation as the magic of the realm imparts this with crossing over the first time.  If the character was predisposed to have such knowledges.

Callie Del Noire

I like the idea a lot! My guy is an aspiring fantasy writer who gambles a bit too much.. when he crosses over he becomes one of his reoccuring characters. :D

lorcan

Would anyone happen to know if a net is considered a light weapon?

lorcan

Name: Makoa           Race: Half-Orc   Class: Barbarian      Level:1    Alignment: NG
Height:6'4"           Weight:229lbs    Hair Color:Black      Eye Color:Black  Skin Color: Greyish

Str: 16
Dex: 15
Con: 14
Int: 10
Wis: 10
Cha: 13
Hp:14
A.C:15= 10+RW:2+KL:1Dex:+2
BAB:1
M:4
R:3
TW: 2
Fort: 4=2+2
Ref: 0=0+0
Will: 0=0+0

Climb: 3= 1+3-1
Intimidation: 4=1+1+2
Perception: 2=0+2
Swim: 3=1+3-1
Gold 140
      70 for Trident, Cestus, and Rosewood Armor
      70 Remaining
      12 Klar
      50 Masterwork BackPack 4lbs
       7GP 100SP
             8sp  Bedroll, Common and Winter Blanket 5lbs/1lbs/3lbs
Remaining Money:7GP  92sp(Donated to Orphanage he Patrons)
Weapons:

Trident BAB: +4(R:+3)(TW:+2)  DMG: 1d8+3  Type: Piercing Crit: X2 Rng: 10ft Weight: 4lbs

Cestus BAB: +4(TW:+2) DMG: 1d4+3 Type: B or P Crit: 19-20/X2 Weight: 1lbs

Klar BAB: +4(TW:+2) DMG: 1d6+3 Type: Slashing Crit: X2 Weight: 6lbs

Armor:

Rosewood Armor A.C. +2  ACP: 0 Max Dex: +6 Weight: 15lbs

Klar A.C. +1 ACP: -1 Max Dex:- Weight: 6lbs

Total Weight carried: 35lbs

Shadowfox

Ok another question does appearance have to be tied in with charisma, or can charisma just be social skills and bearing. With a buy in system instead of rolls sometimes charisma is not going to be the priority but I hope that dosen't mean we have to sacrifice character beauty for it.

Elven Sex Goddess

I have never tied charisma to beauty alone.   A low charisma character can be breath taking beautiful.    Yet her or his personality could make him an absolute boor.   Or perhaps that person has a general bad body odor that just makes people shy away from them.   

So  to answer your question  a low charisma is not tied to looks.   

Elven Sex Goddess

I am going to set the game threads OOC and role play thread this Thursday tentatively.   

CurvyKitten

Hello my friend Shadowfox show this to me and I am very much interested, here is my sheet so far. I went with a drow hopefully they are ok to play if not let me know. But since I saw an Aasimar I didn't think it would be a problem. i didn't go Noble not sure if that would be allowed. Anyway she is a Rogue going for shadow dancer, working up a story and such for her as I go. Hopefully she is ok so far, i will check back in a bit. Looking forward to this.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=263450

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: CurvyKitten on December 28, 2010, 09:33:46 AM
Hello my friend Shadowfox show this to me and I am very much interested, here is my sheet so far. I went with a drow hopefully they are ok to play if not let me know. But since I saw an Aasimar I didn't think it would be a problem. i didn't go Noble not sure if that would be allowed. Anyway she is a Rogue going for shadow dancer, working up a story and such for her as I go. Hopefully she is ok so far, i will check back in a bit. Looking forward to this.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=263450

Drow character is fine. 

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/drow.html#drow

You are correct,  Drow Noble is not allowed.   

OldSchoolGamer

If I had a little more time in life, I'd play a pimply-faced teenage social reject with some anger management issues.  Once he crossed over into the alternate world, he would see it as a place he could live out his fantasies.  He would end up trending toward evil as he sought revenge for those years of being called nerd, geek, four-eyes, etc.

Genbu83

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=7929

How does that look so far. havn't added the past or background yet. Just wanted to see the DM's thoughts.

Genbu83

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on December 28, 2010, 09:09:49 PM
If I had a little more time in life, I'd play a pimply-faced teenage social reject with some anger management issues.  Once he crossed over into the alternate world, he would see it as a place he could live out his fantasies.  He would end up trending toward evil as he sought revenge for those years of being called nerd, geek, four-eyes, etc.

Neat idea.

CurvyKitten