Salem: Splinter of Magic [Adult American Potterverse Game] [Now Recruiting!]

Started by Rebelle, April 02, 2017, 02:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RegretNot

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on April 30, 2017, 08:50:53 AM
I must say, this scenario sounds awesome, but, well, I'm a tad bit overwhelmed with all of its actual awesomeness. I'm going to pour over all of the fantastic details and do my best to come up with something cool, but it could take me a little while. Lol. Wish me luck!

Cheers,
Tony

If you have any questions just let us know either here or in pm as Rebelle and I should be able to get back to pretty timely.  We know there is a lot to read and we tried not to be overwhelming but we also wanted players to be "in the know" for a lot of things so they could push their own adventures and story should they chose to.  Welcome to the game!

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: RegretNot on April 30, 2017, 09:02:12 AM
If you have any questions just let us know either here or in pm as Rebelle and I should be able to get back to pretty timely.  We know there is a lot to read and we tried not to be overwhelming but we also wanted players to be "in the know" for a lot of things so they could push their own adventures and story should they chose to.  Welcome to the game!

Thank you. You'll be the first to know if I have any questions or hit any roadblocks. I love the character creation process, I just need to wrap my head around all of the details to get them just right.

RegretNot

Just found my first issue with my own work and that was that Faction was missing from the sheet.  I have adjusted it in the recruitment thread and creation thread accordingly.  That said putting "none" in here is acceptable or putting in which Faction you wish to be actively recruiting your character so that other players or staff can try and get your character to join their cause is perfectly fine as well. 

Caela

Looking at the CS...is  "Wand License" basically just a license to use a wand like a wizarding version of a drivers license?

Twisted iN Tux

There appears to be a wand application AND permit!

Although, I certainly have zero knowledge if such a thing exists in this AU. *looks to the GMs*

Caela

I would have noticed something like that in the information posts at the beginning of this thread and wouldn't have needed to ask the question.

Twisted iN Tux

Aaaand, now I think this brief interaction has sealed the deal on the type of character I'm going to make! Wand Permit Officer. *nods* Either that, or a Gossip Correspondent for The Obliviator. Nope! Something entirely different. *grin*

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Caela on April 30, 2017, 11:22:19 AM
I would have noticed something like that in the information posts at the beginning of this thread and wouldn't have needed to ask the question.

I was just noting that it does appear to be a thing in the Potter Universe, which I would assume would translate to this AU as well...or not.

RegretNot

Quote from: Caela on April 30, 2017, 11:04:09 AM
Looking at the CS...is  "Wand License" basically just a license to use a wand like a wizarding version of a drivers license?

Apparition License is more like a "driver's license" whereas a wand license is kind of like a Carry Conceal Permit or a Firearms Owners Permit (in a few states), it gives you the ability to carry your wand outside of your home or school enviroment.  In the US until you are 18 you can't get one, which means if a student is carrying a wand outside school grounds they can be charged for illegally doing so.  Certain crimes also could suspend licenses as directed by MACUSA.  As with most kinds of government oversight there are two sides, those who see it as necessary and those that think restricting such an inherent right to wizards and witches is a overstep and should be repealed. 

Rebelle

Holy cow I just woke up (second shift kicked my night owl into iverdrive) and this is awesome to see.

I do notice we don't have i on wand permits.. and while RN did answer we'll need to get that added.

Thank you guys so much, you're all pretty dang awesome

Zealously Jaded

*pops in with a literal pop*

Hey there... Greyson is itching for an adventure :D

Caela

Quote from: RegretNot on April 30, 2017, 11:37:08 AM
Apparition License is more like a "driver's license" whereas a wand license is kind of like a Carry Conceal Permit or a Firearms Owners Permit (in a few states), it gives you the ability to carry your wand outside of your home or school enviroment.  In the US until you are 18 you can't get one, which means if a student is carrying a wand outside school grounds they can be charged for illegally doing so.  Certain crimes also could suspend licenses as directed by MACUSA.  As with most kinds of government oversight there are two sides, those who see it as necessary and those that think restricting such an inherent right to wizards and witches is a overstep and should be repealed.

Thank you, that's what I needed to know!

Chaosfox

Another  question why I am thinking about it. where did you two create the crest for your Pure blood Family lines?
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Rebelle

Quote from: Chaosfox on April 30, 2017, 06:17:44 PM
Another  question why I am thinking about it. where did you two create the crest for your Pure blood Family lines?

I actually googled family crests after choosing the family name and looked to see if there was one I liked for the Greysons. 

However I have this generator I love for a lot of things (used it to help name some locations)  that has a coat of arms generator

http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/coat-of-arms-generator.php#.WQZxS71OnqA

Rebelle

Quote from: Zealously Jaded on April 30, 2017, 05:47:33 PM
*pops in with a literal pop*

Hey there... Greyson is itching for an adventure :D

That's wonderful news to hear!!

You'll need to redo her or add on the additional information  we seek and resubmit. 

Zealously Jaded

Quote from: Rebelle on April 30, 2017, 06:22:48 PM
That's wonderful news to hear!!

You'll need to redo her or add on the additional information  we seek and resubmit. 

I figured, I might have to change a few things. I might have a few updates. How many pure bloods do you guys have potentially?

Rebelle

Quote from: Zealously Jaded on April 30, 2017, 06:28:00 PM
I figured, I might have to change a few things. I might have a few updates. How many pure bloods do you guys have potentially?

3 potentially at the moment and reading between the lines possibly 4.  We're really not limiting them though, so if you want one go right ahead :D

Twisted iN Tux

I actually have a question, too, and forgive me if I've missed this in all of your awesome history: Does the Salem Institute have houses that they sort their students into or not?

I did notice that there appears to be a Danvers and Andover branch (house?) of the school...or at least I'm assuming that's what they are, seeing that the Gallow Family has alumni from each. Any info you can give would be greatly appreciated! I feel like there may be more info out there that I'm somehow missing, perhaps from the previous iteration of this scenario?

Cheers,
Tony

Rebelle

Hmmmm I could have sworn....

Give me a few minutes and lemme see what I can find!

Rebelle

Okay I found the information.  I'm going to slap it into the char c4eation thread real quick for you guys

Silly Regret Not forgot to plug that info in when we moved from world building

Rebelle

Triple post FTW!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=255826.msg13167067#msg13167067

There is the schooling information now available to all :)  I also plugged it into the character creation. 

But to also answer your question - yes, the students of Salem are sorted into houses via a large lantern (think a cousin to the Sorting Hat).

Sorry about that Twisted - thank you so much for bringing it to our attention!

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Rebelle on April 30, 2017, 07:12:16 PM
Triple post FTW!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=255826.msg13167067#msg13167067

There is the schooling information now available to all :)  I also plugged it into the character creation. 

But to also answer your question - yes, the students of Salem are sorted into houses via a large lantern (think a cousin to the Sorting Hat).

Sorry about that Twisted - thank you so much for bringing it to our attention!

Awesome! Thank YOU for the quick reply and added info. *runs off to read*

Rebelle

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on April 30, 2017, 07:15:14 PM
Awesome! Thank YOU for the quick reply and added info. *runs off to read*

You're very welcome -  I try to reply as quickly as I am able to to help out you guys as players, as I know waiting around can be mind numbing.

Same thing goes for role-playing  unless my brain doesnt want to brain then we'll I need caffeine or sleep :D

Again for all, please don't hesitate to ask questions  that's what we're here for!

Rebelle

Also I would like to announce we have our first THREE characters whom have been accepted for the game!

IamQ and Caela's characters have been accepted

Zealously Jaded