INTEREST CHECK: Older Naruto Roleplay (CLOSED)

Started by Krayz, April 07, 2012, 12:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Well the last one I can easily think of one thing that would make it have a serious draw back beyond what you suggest. It can only work on one person at a time and more then likely you'd have to lock gaze continuously to keep it working. Similar to itachi's signature move right?

The second one cannot combine with the other thus because he needs his eyes to make that work. The Ryoushi Vijon no Justu thus cannot combine with the Naki Chishiho no Justu eliminating your issues I think.

Krayz

Issues have been worked out. Accepted. And again, badass dude. Adding him to the list as we speak.

EDIT: Changed me character. I saw some wonderful potential, and I had to act on it...

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Krayz on April 26, 2012, 10:54:12 PM
Yeah.

A fun fact; despite Sasuke's Lion Combo being far more effective as a technique, it's C-rank is bested by Naruto's Uzumaki Combo, which is a B-rank technique simply because it uses Shadow Clones.

Naruto is well known to dump down high rank techniques to his level to use and spam with his endless chakra endurance. Look for rasengan even; he needs shadow clones to pull it off in first place in normal and two clones in shuriken mode :P. But in a way Naruto is a clever genius even if he is dumb and stubborn.

Anyways good luck in the RP :). Looks interesting cast.

Krayz

Annie

Krayz, can you give me more info about Naruto and his family? A couple of things like if he's still alive, if he's the hokage, how many kids he had... Need to know more about Uzumaki Nanase's family in this AU.

Oh, could be interesting as well to have some info about Naruto's powers in this AU. Did he learned the kage bushin, rasegan and rasenshuriken? Did he become a sage? Was he a jinchuuriki? If so, did he reach a state of balance with his bijuu?

For Nana's jutsus I was planning to put only the kage bushin and the rasegan. Powerful enough to my tastes. But I guess she would have to learn these jutsus, being the granddaughter of Naruto. Even Konohamaru learned these. ;P

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Krayz

Okey dokey.

Uzumaki Naruto is still alive. He was appointed the Seventh Hokage of Konohagakure, though it was in fact the younger of his two sons who ended up becoming the new host of the Kyuubi. He ended up becoming one of the most powerful users of senjutsu in the history of the world. While Minato eventually learned how to combine his elemental affinity with the Rasengan, it was Naruto, through his use of sage chakra, who developed and mastered the Rasenshuriken. His chakra reserves were never as great as they were in the series (because he was never the host of the Kyuubi), so his use of the kage bunshin became more like it was later in the series; using them strategically.

Naruto's son eventually mastered his bijuu, as Mito Uzumaki had so many years ago. Unlike in the series, he possessed both the Fox's Yin and Yang chakras, affording him a great deal of power. He served Konohagakure as a protector for most of his life, though he has largely stepped down from this role as he has gotten older, and is simply waiting for his replacement as container of the Fox.

The Seventh Hokage stepped down almost ten years ago, selecting one of his students as his replacement. The Eighth Hokage leads following his sensei's ideal of peace and fairness, though he cannot match his predecessor's accomplishments. Naruto now spends his time doting on his grandchildren (he's perhaps a tiny bit senile). He had two sons and a daughter, all of whom have grown up and have children. Any other details, I leave to you, Annie :P

Annie

Ok, I think that's enough info. Thanks, Krayz. Should add something to all this info, you can check it later. Working on Nana's sheet right now.

“Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” - G. K. Chesterton

Vaulera

So i'm curious, just how do you plan on having the different villages on one team? Call it a fellow gm's curiosity.

Krayz

The plan was, Vaulera, that the villains are going to be enough of an issue for a temporary alliance of sorts between the villages, each sending some of their elite shinobi to aid in their capture. It would have been a little better for a wider spread of representative villages, but it can always be used as an excuse that only Konoha, Kiri, and Taki were willing to contribute troops to the effort (maybe they were the most widely affected).

The mistrust and strained relations between the shinobi from different villages was actually intended to be an extra twist to the plot, as well as the potential for relationships and friendships that could be put to the test once the alliance is over :)

Annie

Name: Uzumaki Nanase
Village: Konoha
Titles: Nanase-hime (since she's a member of the Uzumaki family, one of the most important family clans from Konoha, birthplace of two Hokages).

Description:

She have a golden, long smooth hair, that she always keep on high twintails. Her eyes are green and she have the same whiskers marks that her grandfather have, creating a striking resemblance with Naruto's Sexy no jutsu form. Being a heavy taijutsu user, she have a surprisingly slender body, adorned with a lovely pair of large breasts, wich she's kinda proud of.
She uses a long sleeved fishnet shirt and, over it, a black high neck sleeveless top that only covers the upper half of her breasts.  On the bottom half, she uses a black plain skirt, with a small ninja equipment bag attached to a belt. On her right leg, there's a kunai sheath and she uses ninja boots, pretty much the same type of Sakura's on the Shipuuden series. On top of all that, she likes to use a gift of her grandfather, a short sleeved red overcoat, with black flames drawn or its bottom.

Personality:

Most people say that Nana took the worst traits from her grandfather: stubborn, dumb (at least when he was a kid), short-fused, awfuly competitive. She hates to lose, even on the most silly things, and don't think twice to put her life on the edge to archieve victory. On the bright side, she is easygoing and very loyal to her friends: with the same zeal, Nana tends to protect them with her life. She hates when people address at her using the -hime honorific, since it reminds her that she just live in her grandfather and uncle's shadows.

Biography:

Uzumaki Nanase is the first grandchild of Naruto, daughter of his second son, Uzumaki Kensou. At the age of 3, she lost her father, killed in an high ranked mission. She can't remember too much about him. Most of she knows about her father comes from what her relatives says. Since she lost her father so early, Naruto tried to fill that role for her in the best he could. Because of that, Nana respects, trusts and admires his grandfather too much, really taking into account his advice and teachings.

Nana had a hard time trying to get her genin title, since she never got good grades. She had to repeat the test three times to become a genin. By the second time she had her test, her sensei passed her even with her low grades, trying to buy some favor with the Hokage, her uncle (Uzumaki Jiray - first son of Naruto). It took some time to the whole scheme to be discovered, raising some gossips about Nanase-hime having her life made easier because of her kin. When everything was discovered, her sensei was punished and Nana was obliged to take basic classes again and do a third test, which she did with resignation.

From that time, the comments about her easier life sponsored by her relatives never ceased to exist. This really started to bother Nana. All her archievement seemed to be only a consequence of her being on the right family. She really trained hard, asking for her grandfather's help, and became a promising shinobi (the traning with various kage bushins was a great help here). After her passing the Chuunin Shiken on her first try, the comments came back, this time more harsh. Some argued that a genin who had to make the basic exam three times never would have the skill to pass on a Chuunin Shiken on her first try. Again, Nana had to endure the gossips that implied she had help from her relatives to pass that exam.

Nanase didn't know what else to do and again looked after Naruto's advice. He asked her, why not become a Hokage? After all, a Hokage isn't chosen by his family, but only for his skills and wisdom. No one could imply that she had help from her kin if she conquer that title. It seemed a good idea to Nana and later became her dream.

Nana lives with her mother, wich is not a kunoichi and always fear for her life. Her uncle, the Hokage, is always busy, so Nana rarely have a chance to talk with him. On the other hand, Naruto always welcome her when she seeks his guidance. About her other relatives, she really likes her young aunt, Uzumaki Itsuko, but she is always somewhere on a mission, making it hard to Nana tag along with her. And, finally, she have a cousin, Eiji, a 16 years old genin, son of Jiray. Nana loves him as a big sister, but he usually drive her nuts with his perverted pranks.

Naruto's sons:
1 - Uzumaki Jiray (40 years old)
2 - Uzumaki Kensou (33 years old - deceased)
3 - Uzumaki Itsuko (26 years old)

Naruto's grandchildren:
1 - Uzumaki Nanase (19 years old - Kensou's daughter)
2 - Uzumaki Eiji (16 years old - Jiray's son)

Abilities:

S level jutsus:
None atm.

A level jutsus:

Rasengan - The Rasengan doesn't require any hand seals to use, relying only on the chakra control of the user. Once it's complete it becomes self-sustaining, which does not give Rasengan a definite limit of use like its counterpart, the Chidori. The compacted nature and moving speed of the chakra allows the Rasengan to grind into whatever it comes in contact with, causing major damage. This also tends to launch the target back once hit.  Since Naruto taught her, Nana uses it in the same way as him: with her two hands or with the help of a kage bushin.

B level jutsus:

Kage Bunshin no Jutsu - Similar to the Clone Technique, this jutsu creates clones of the user. Unlike the Clone Technique, these clones are actual copies, not illusions. The user's chakra is evenly distributed among every clone, giving each clone an equal fraction of the user's overall power. The clones are capable of performing jutsu on their own and can even bleed, but will usually disperse after one or two solid blows. They can also disperse on their own. Unlike other clone techniques, they can't be detected by the Byakugan because the clones have the exact same amount of chakra and aren't made from any other substance, making them indistinguishable from the actual person. Any experience the clones gain during their existence is transferred to the user once they are dispersed. This makes the technique ideal for spying, since the user can simply send a clone to spy on a target, then have the clone disperse itself without returning to pass the information back to the user. It's also useful for training purposes, since the total amount of experience the user gains is multiplied by the total number of clones being used to train.

Nanase can't create too many kage bushins, since she haven't a huge chakra reserve. So, she was taught by Naruto to use it in a more strategically way. It's rare to her to use more than 10 kage bushins, for instance.

Uzumaki Naruto-Nana Rendan - some say that it was Naruto's creation. Nana will punch everyone who says otherwise. Using 5 kage bushins instead of 4 like Naruto used (her 'great' personal touch), she strikes her enemy with every bushin, ending with a fierce kick coming from the real Nana from above. As Naruto, she performs this jutsu diferently every time she uses it.

Oiroke no Jutsu - Just a transformation tech where Nana changes into a hot blondie male. She use it combined with the kage bushin no jutsu. For her private use only (or maybe with a close friend).

C level jutsus:
None atm.

D level jutsus:
None atm.

E level jutsus:
Henge no Jutsu - Transformation Technique
Bunshin no Jutsu - Clone Technique
Nawanuke no Jutsu - Escape Technique
Kawarimi no Jutsu - Substitution Technique
Kakuremino no Jutsu - Cloak of Invisibility Technique
Yuurei Rasengan - A "tech" developed by Nana when she wasn't yet a genin and dreamed about master the rasengan. It just a blow with the palm of her hand, as if Nana was holding a invisible rasengan.
Sennen Goroshi (One Thousand Years of Death) - A very simple technique with an over-dramatic name, One Thousand Years of Death is little more than inserting one's index and middle fingers (similar to the Tiger hand seal) into the opponent's rectum, causing constipation and/or embarrassment. Characters that see the jutsu react oddly (Temari blushes and Gamakichi shows a look of disappointment), while those who have used or experienced the jutsu show great fear in it being used on them.

Etcetera:

After some years using the kage bushin no jutsu to upgrade the concept of masturbation to a whole new level, Nanase turned out to be a bisexual. She created her own sexy no jutsu, most for private use. She's technically a virgin, since she hadn't sex with no one than herself.

Krayz

In the story I laid out, Naruto had retired from his position as Hokage. A successor had been chosen and appointed. I don't mind the change (it still rather neatly keeps him out of the story), so that's fine.

But as for Nanase being expected to succeed him as Hokage, that's a little bit of a push. While the title of Hokage does tend to run along a line of succession based on a mixture of blood and sensei-student relationships, that's more a matter of the quality of the members of that line than it is a matter of inheritance. The Hokage can't pick someone to succeed him who lacks the sufficient strength or ability. Nanase could be expected to enter the position eventually, but unless she was among the strongest shinobi in the village already, she couldn't be declared the heir to the position.

Realizing that Minato's not dying would change the line of succession a fair bit, I'll say this is how things went.

Hashirama -> Tobirama -> Hiruzen -> Minato -> Kakashi -> Naruto -> (unfilled)

Naruto is thus the Sixth Hokage, and has held onto the position so long because of his extended lifespan. Nanase could be expected to eventually be able to fill the shoes, but if Naruto were to die the next day then Nanase at her current level could not be considered even close to the level required to be the Hokage. Thus, while she would get the pampering (like Konohamaru), she can't be expected to be Hokage any time soon.

Annie

Yes, it means to be a push from Naruto, since it is his personal wish to see the Hokage title to remain in his family. A crazy dream from a old man, you may say. I didn't mean to say that Nanase has the qualities for it (changed that on her alias, the other one had the impression that she being the next hokage was already decided). It's Naruto who makes her to train relentlessly, to see if she can attain the traits of a Hokage.

The change I brought was that Naruto's son, the bijuu host, also became a Hokage and he already have a successor in mind (althought I didn't mention him). I took out all that history of missing-nin grandchild of Naruto (it was useles, coming to think about it) and just point out that Jyrai already choosed his successor, while Naruto secretly trains Nana to turn her into a Hokage, eventualy. The whole idea of Nanase being a Hokage is only between her and Naruto, so to speak. So, what do you think?

EDIT: made the changes with the main idea on Nana's bio. Once that is settled, I'll come up with the details. Sorry about the text earlier. When I came up to read it, I realised that it didn't make too much sense. ¬¬

Krayz

My only issue is that it seems a very selfish thing for Naruto to develop, which doesn't fit with anything in his characterization. Ever.

I don't mind him trying to groom Nanase for the position, but the obsession with "keeping it in the family" seems rather elitist and manipulative, which doesn't seem to fit Naruto at all. Keep the course, but try and lighten the motives a little. Make it something like him seeing a great deal of potential and strength in her, or something like that.

Annie

Yeah, you're right. It doesn't sound as something that Naruto would do.

Could change the concept a bit, making Nana wanting to be a Hokage (an idea given by Naruto, btw). So, she could be acknowledged by her own strength and not by being in his grandfather and uncle's shadows. After all, the Hokage title is not something that you could archieve by being a Hokage's niece or grandchild. Pretty much the same thing that ocurred to Konohamaru.

By the way, thanks for your help, Krayz. ^^

Krayz

Annie

Modified her sheet again, Krayz. Hope that's the last time. But please, tell me if you see something that bother you. I'm feeling a bit intrusive in your rp by creating that bunch of characters for Naruto's family, and some of them are really important. You could have planned something entirely different and it's not fair to change that to adapt to some player char.

Krayz

If I was trying to run a full-world RPG for an extended time, I might be a little bothered, Annie. But this is a game focused on the character group; the background is very much intended to be in the background, so I don't feel too heavily invested in it. No worries about being intrusive :)

Annie

Now I'm more at ease. So, this means that you approved Uzumaki Nanase?

Krayz

I thought I already had. But yes, I approve her.

Annie

Laughing Hyena

Wolfy

Are you still accepting characters? *pokes*

Krayz

We do indeed have room for one or two more people. Possibly three, if we don't hear back from someone too quickly.

Out of curiosity, which village were you interested in having your character from?

Krayz

And the first villain is now posted! And please, people, get to answering my poll on the issue of villains. Hyoukai's current power level is meant explicitly to make him a match for several heroes at the same time, in order to counter-balance being outnumbered. If that is no longer the case, then his abilities will obviously need to be toned down.

Name: Dokuja Hyoukai
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Titles: Hunter-nin (former)

Personality:
If one were to sum up the defining aspect of Dokuja Hyoukai's personalty in a single word, it would be pride, or perhaps hubris. Whatever the world throws at him, Hyoukai weathers through it in an armour of superiority, wrapped around him like a shroud. While he does not consider himself invincible, he is very quick to rank his strength and intelligence far above that of those around him. While Hyoukai's pride is not entirely unwarranted, it can lead to him underestimating both his allies and his opponents. Whatever Hyoukai feels about people underneath, however, he rarely ever displays his true feelings. Hyoukai's interactions with other people are almost always laced with flattery and false concern. He is an expert at both reading people and manipulating them. When he wants something from someone, he seeks to use them. And when he is in battle, he attempts to undermine his opponents' confidence, often brutally.

Hyoukai can be a very sadistic man, revelling in holding power over other people, though he only lets it show when he sees no harm in doing so. In battle, he often uses tactics that cause the battle to drag on, allowing him to inflict as much injury and assert his superiority for as long as possible.  Outside of combat, he often shows his contempt for servants and those weaker than him when it will not undermine his goals. He is also a thorough womanizer, eager to lure a woman into bed with him. While he cannot help but let his cruelty loose to some extent in the bedroom, he maintains an illusion of caring until he is finished with a woman, at which point he makes his true feelings viciously clear.

Biography:
Before his defection, Hyoukai was known as a hunter-nin with a peerless record of service, something he took great pride in. While he operated in teams whenever it was required, he far preferred to track down his targets single-handedly. Some people guessed that he liked the solitude, others that he felt his teammates slowed him down; while the latter was definitely true, the main reason was that Hyoukai was always eager to prove himself against a challenging opponent. Hyoukai's unique abilities made him highly capable of utterly disposing of the bodies of those he tracked down, and the variety of powerful techniques at his disposal made him a fearsome adversary.

Even before his betrayal of the village, there were those in Kirigakure who did not like Hyoukai. They would speak of how cruel an opponent he was, cruel beyond all reason. They would mention the occasional contempt for his comrades that might sneak to the surface in the form of sarcasm or little gestures of disrespect. Others would quote his tireless loyalty, citing his service record as proof enough of his character. Whatever they said, however, Hyoukai largely kept his own company.

When Hyoukai did betray Kirigakure, however, it sent a ripple throughout the upper echelons of the village hierarchy. Aside from being a deserter, and a skilled one at that, Hyoukai was the possessor of a kekkei genkai; the powerful Futton Release, capable of creating corrosive vapours and liquids. Hyoukai had ironically become exactly the kind of shinobi that a hunter-nin like himself would be sent to pursue in order to protect the secrets of the village's bloodlines. Capturing Hyoukai became a top priority for the village, enough of one that the aid of the other ninja villages was an acceptable course of action.

Abilities:

Boil Release
Hyoukai's most dangerous techniques involve the combination of fire and water chakra through the use of his kekkei genkai to perform Futton techniques. These techniques allow him to produce potent corrosive liquids that, given time, can melt through nearly anything. While his techniques are not on par with the Fifth Mizukage, Mei Terumi, they are still among the most potent in the village. In addition to the creation of acidic vapours with the Koumu no Jutsu, Hyoukai uses a number of powerful variations on Water Release techniques that add the corrosive properties of Futton techniques, such as his Suppai Bunshin no Jutsu. Among the most fearsome of Hyoukai's techniques is the Dokkasou, a jutsu that he developed personally. With it, he can strike and slay opponents with all but the most powerful of defences. Obviously, Hyoukai is immune to his own techniques, though his allies do not share this immunity.

Water Release and Fire Release
While his most powerful techniques are created through the combination of fire and water chakra, Hyoukai is still quite capable of using each element on its own, though his repertoire of suiton techniques is more extensive. He makes extensive use of the Kirigakure no Jutsu, and by combining it with the Koumo no Jutsu, he can create a battlefield that not only inhibits his opponents, but actively harms his enemies the longer they dwell in it. Hyoukai is also capable of using the Ukojizai no Jutsu, which allows him to detect the chakras of those within the rain he creates and can easily track targets over a wide area. He can use techniques such as the Suijinheki for defence against attacks, the powerful Suiryudan no Jutsu for attack (with a dozen hand seals compared to the forty-four required by less skilled shinobi), and more generic water jutsu like the Mizu Bunshin commonly used within Kirigakure. While he prefers water techniques, he is still quite skilled in the use of fire jutsu, such as the Karyuu Endan, a technique known for the high degree of skill required in its use.

Other Techniques
While not his speciality, Hyoukai is a skilled taijutsu fighter, fighting using a flowing style taking advantage of the enemy's pressure points, as well as striking at joints and muscles. The style can cause a great deal of pain with largely minimal effort, though it requires a thorough knowledge of human anatomy, something Hyoukai possesses because of his training as a hunter-nin. He is also a highly skilled tracker, another skill picked up during years of hunting down missing-nin, and possesses remarkable skills in infiltration and evading capture by the enemy. Hyoukai's experience as hunter-nin (and thus his thorough understanding of their methods and the necessary countermeasures) is one of the main reasons that Kirigakure was willing to accept the help of other villages in his capture.

Hyoukai's physical strength is slightly above average, but is by no means remarkable. His speed, however, is of true quality, near the level of a true master of taijutsu. He has a keen eye for detail, and while he is not a true strategist he possesses keen instincts in combat. He excels in battles of attrition through the sheer efficiency of his methods, which excel at continually wearing down an opponent with minimal effort output. He possesses a respectable level of skill with most weapons commonly employed by ANBU, including swords.

Etcetera:
Hyoukai's Futton

Futton: Suppai Bunshin no Jutsu (Boil Release: Acid Clone)
C-rank
Supplementary

Based on the more common Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu, the Acid Clone operates similarly to a water clone in that it possesses 1/10 the user's power, and can use either water or boil release techniques. In addition, when an acid clone dissipates, the acid will often splash onto the opponent who struck it if they are too close, resulting in painful burns that could potentially be fatal in the wrong locations.

Futton: Suppaidan (Boil Release: Acid Bullet)
B-rank
Long-range

Using this technique, Hyoukai can gather potent acid in his mouth and spit it forth, either in a stream or as a number of fluid bullets. The acid used in the technique is capable of melting flesh clean off the bone, and melting bone itself over a period of time. This technique was Hyoukai's preferred method of disposing of the bodies of his victims during his time as a hunter-nin.

Futton: Dokkasou (Boil Release: Toxic Flower Claw)
A-rank
Close-range

By excreting the most corrosive fluids he can produce through the sweat glands in his hands, Hyoukai can, with a strike, melt through most defences and clean through human flesh and bone. In addition to the initial trauma caused by the wound, the acids produced can enter the blood stream of the victim, causing extreme pain and potentially death of not removed from the blood stream quickly.
(Note: this technique is an unabashed transplant of Sesshoumaru's technique from the series Inu Yasha; the name has been kept to explicitly highlight this fact).

Laughing Hyena

Well Krayz I would feel that the villains should be more in number but I feel they should be less in terms of strength or such. As for Juro he's not going to be a villain.