Last Stand of the Monstergirl Tribes (Legend system)

Started by Sethala, March 29, 2013, 01:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sethala

After a friend's prodding, I've decided to run a game based on the Legend system.  It's relatively new, but entirely free; you can download it from the official website here: http://www.ruleofcool.com/get-the-game/

Setting and plot isn't fully nailed down yet, but it's something like this: the world's main landmass has always been split between two large groups: the kingdoms of elves, dwarves, and men to the east, and the monster tribes to the west.  In the past, the two tended to get along to an extent; there were always skirmishes and the occasional small war, both between the two major groups and within their borders between the various kingdoms. 

That all changed when King Reginald VII began to unify the various kingdoms under his banner, beginning a campaign that decimated most of the monster tribes.  While for a time it looked like the war would be successful, and force the monsters away forever, the alliance began to fall apart when the kingdoms began to argue about who would claim which lands.  Eventually, the alliance began to turn on itself, falling apart completely with Reginald's assassination.

Fifty years later, rumors of another alliance began to appear.  While the monster kingdoms are strong, and have begun to retake their lands, another alliance would completely destroy them.  It's up to the heroes to learn what they can of this new alliance, and more importantly, do whatever possible to ensure it never forms.

Obviously, the PCs are all going to be either members of the monster tribes, or humanoids (humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes, and so on) that sympathize with them (the latter is extremely rare though; if I allow it, it'll be only one character in the party).  The monster races are unique in that they give birth to females much more often than males; only about 10% of the population are male, so the men that are born are usually well-guarded and not allowed to do anything considered dangerous, and nearly all of the adventurers are female.  Monstergirls are able to mate with other humanoids however, and while their offspring will still be mostly female, male children are more common than in purely monster pairings.

The "monsters" are based mostly on the monsergirl images that have become popular lately, although the story text that goes with the images isn't necessarily canon for this game (i.e. the monstergirls don't generally go out and find men to rape, although some might).  The men are similarly styled, as in "mostly human with some monster bits", not full monsters.

Character creation: Starting level 4, all classes allowed.  Feel free to take an existing race and "re-theme" it as a monster race if you want, but any of the "normal" humanoid races are very unlikely to help the monsters.  For stats, you can take the standard array of 16, 14, 14, 12, 10, 10; 26-point buy; or 5d6 (taking top 3) 6 times.  You shouldn't have any odd numbers; if you rolled for stats, subtract 1 from one odd ability score and add it to another.  If you have only one odd score left, just subtract 1 from it.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask either myself or ShadowFox.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sethala

ShadowFox89

Gonna go with Celia, a golem who was built a hundred years ago as a gift from the elves to the monstergirl queen. Shortly after she arrived in the monstergirl lands, however, Celia was deactivated somehow. She has only recently been reactivated and... is a bit behind the times. As far as Celia still remembers, the two lands have a fairly amiable peace between each other.

Celia requires a peculiar power source... either semen from men or milk from women, at least once every 24hrs, or she begins to shut down.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Monfang

Just want to say I am interested. Not sure if you'd want to accept me as playing the human or maybe a wolf-girl. Just want to know what are the requirements for both.

Antipaladin of Calista

This looks kick ass! Count me in! I'll roll up a character right now.

Sethala

Quote from: Monfang on March 29, 2013, 09:02:06 PM
Just want to say I am interested. Not sure if you'd want to accept me as playing the human or maybe a wolf-girl. Just want to know what are the requirements for both.

I will say that I don't expect there to be any human(oid) characters; I'm really going to need an interesting backstory for me to accept it.

Not quite sure what you're asking about with requirements, though.  Can you elaborate?

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Sethala on March 29, 2013, 09:35:51 PM
I will say that I don't expect there to be any human(oid) characters; I'm really going to need an interesting backstory for me to accept it.

Not quite sure what you're asking about with requirements, though.  Can you elaborate?

Non-humanoid? Can you elaborate on that? We wont be playing like dogs and cats that walk on all fours right? I was under the impression you wanted something to this effect:

ShadowFox89

I think he means the vanilla humanoid races; Humans, elves, dwarves, etc.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Sorry, I'm referring to the background fluff.  There's two large "groups", the "humanoid" races of humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes, etc (the standard fantasy "good guy" races), and then the monster races like the picture you linked.  The PCs are all intended to be the monster races.

So yeah, you're right, I just don't have a good term for the "other guys".  Maybe I should call them demihumans instead, would that be clearer?

Monfang

Quote from: Sethala on March 29, 2013, 09:35:51 PM

I am brewing up a backstory right now. Just how do you want us to post it? Do you have a character sheet in mind?

Sethala

Unfortunately plothook.net and myth-weavers don't have sheets for Legend yet, but there's an edit-able PDF file on the Rule of Cool website you can download, fill out, and upload to the wiki here.

If you don't want to go to the hassle of uploading every change you do, feel free to write out the basics here (mainly ability scores, race/class, tracks, skills, feats, and items) for me to glance at, and then fill out all the numbers and stuff later once the game gets going.  You don't need to worry about filling all the mathy stuff (i.e. figuring out your HP, AC, saves, etc) just yet, since that's not something you "choose".

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Sethala on March 29, 2013, 09:54:52 PM
Sorry, I'm referring to the background fluff.  There's two large "groups", the "humanoid" races of humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes, etc (the standard fantasy "good guy" races), and then the monster races like the picture you linked.  The PCs are all intended to be the monster races.

So yeah, you're right, I just don't have a good term for the "other guys".  Maybe I should call them demihumans instead, would that be clearer?

Oh god, my AD&D PTSD is going crazy, I had to fight a dragon and was actually scared for once. No anything by demihumans! That's like saying

Nee!

Lets just call the humans-ish peeps "Humankind" and monsters will be an apropo name for the monsters. Speaking of which, I'm torn. I have an amazing back story for a human character, but at the same time I want to play a monster.

#FantasyWorldProblems

ShadowFox89

Here's a good Legend sheet template...

Name:
Class:
Race:

HP:
Damage Reduction:

Speed:

Strength
Dexterity
Constitution
Intelligence
Wisdom
Charisma

Armor Class:
Awareness:
Saves: Fort +, Ref +, Will +
Resistance and Immunity:
Base Attack Bonus:

Class Features:
Track 1 Abilities:
Track 2 Abilities:
Track 3 Abilities:

Feats:

Skills:

Items:
Weapon:
Armor:
Expendables:

Attacks:
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 29, 2013, 10:37:12 PM
Oh god, my AD&D PTSD is going crazy, I had to fight a dragon and was actually scared for once. No anything by demihumans! That's like saying

Nee!

Lets just call the humans-ish peeps "Humankind" and monsters will be an apropo name for the monsters. Speaking of which, I'm torn. I have an amazing back story for a human character, but at the same time I want to play a monster.

#FantasyWorldProblems

Works for me.

And if it helps you decide, I'm much more likely to take a monstergirl character than a humankind.

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Sethala on March 29, 2013, 10:40:49 PM
Works for me.

And if it helps you decide, I'm much more likely to take a monstergirl character than a humankind.

So here are some good/important questions:
Are we supposed to hate/want peace with the humans?
Are we trying to kill them or protect ourselves?
Is the main focus a small band of characters (I.E. our characters) or are we each from different places?

ShadowFox89

I'm either going to take Elementalist as my 3rd track, or Heroica....

If I take Heroica, anyone want to partner up with Celia?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 29, 2013, 11:23:47 PM
I'm either going to take Elementalist as my 3rd track, or Heroica....

If I take Heroica, anyone want to partner up with Celia?

I might, but I'm playing a dark elf, so I'm not sure how well the themes mesh.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 29, 2013, 08:35:51 PM
Gonna go with Celia, a golem who was built a hundred years ago as a gift from the elves to the monstergirl queen. Shortly after she arrived in the monstergirl lands, however, Celia was deactivated somehow. She has only recently been reactivated and... is a bit behind the times. As far as Celia still remembers, the two lands have a fairly amiable peace between each other.

Celia requires a peculiar power source... either semen from men or milk from women, at least once every 24hrs, or she begins to shut down.

That's what I've got for Celia right now. She looks for the most part like a wood elf, except for having several runes etched into her body. Celia's got no idea what's going on, and I picture her being a bit submissive (being built to serve), so she's going to need someone who can lead her around.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 29, 2013, 11:28:30 PM
That's what I've got for Celia right now. She looks for the most part like a wood elf, except for having several runes etched into her body. Celia's got no idea what's going on, and I picture her being a bit submissive (being built to serve), so she's going to need someone who can lead her around.

That works out great! Dark Elves are a monster race, elves that were "corrupted by darkness" (really they started as a group of elves who paid less attention to nature and more to science and the power of magic. They were somewhat corrupted though from the over use of magic and as a result there is a large percentage of the small dark elf race that is born as both male and female, i.e. futa.) Maybe Celia could have been given to the dark elves by the light elves as a peace offering in hopes that in the event of total war that the elves could hold off on fighting until they were the only ones left. Kind of like germany and the U.S.S.R. in WWII

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Antipaladin of Calista

Wait, but didnt you say she was deactivated after she was given as a gift? She'd at least remember that part unless her entire memory was wiped from shutting down.

ShadowFox89

She's got a bit of fragmented memory from when she was initially activated. Celia remembers being built and given to one of the monstergirl queens as a gift... but not much.

Oh, and how to kick ass. But that's more programming :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Antipaladin of Calista

We need to get more people in here.

Confirming Dark Elf Sage for my character.

Monfang

The idea I had for my human character was a male who used to trade between the human and the monster kind before and/or during the war. (Depending on how long it went). He knows most of the sympathizer on both sides as well as everyone who's willing to keep their mouth's shut for items from the monster nations such as crafts. He wouldn't be much of a fighter and instead more skilled in subtrafuge and social skills to get the party though situations like that. Of course, it is unsure if his skills are enough to deal with the estrogen of the rest of the party after the gets dragged into their mess.

If that's a no go, I cna go on about my she-wolf warrioress.

ShadowFox89

Does anyone have forced lactation as an off? Celia may end up needing to feed from her allies...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Antipaladin of Calista

As long as she doesn't try to cut anything off my character or eat her we are good.

I love 5d6 d2. Rolled and got:

And since I have to shift around those odd points I'm going to have a great character.

ShadowFox89

Nope! But her saliva can induce lactation in females and she feeds on either breast milk or human semen. Which means you'll likely be a food source :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 29, 2013, 11:14:03 PM
So here are some good/important questions:
Are we supposed to hate/want peace with the humans?
Are we trying to kill them or protect ourselves?
Is the main focus a small band of characters (I.E. our characters) or are we each from different places?

The overall goal is that the party has been drafted with the mission of "prevent another alliance of the humankind against monster races".  How the party met, and who put them together, is something I'll work on with you guys once we figure out who's playing and what kind of characters they're making.  Regardless, their employer doesn't care about how they go about doing things (or rather, I can make a story that's flexible on that point), so that's something up to the players to determine.  (If you want to play more of an "evil" slant feel free to want to kill all humans, or a "good" character can strive for peace.)

As an aside, I will say "no futa", as that's a major turn-off for me.

Quote from: Monfang on March 30, 2013, 12:15:47 AM
The idea I had for my human character was a male who used to trade between the human and the monster kind before and/or during the war. (Depending on how long it went). He knows most of the sympathizer on both sides as well as everyone who's willing to keep their mouth's shut for items from the monster nations such as crafts. He wouldn't be much of a fighter and instead more skilled in subtrafuge and social skills to get the party though situations like that. Of course, it is unsure if his skills are enough to deal with the estrogen of the rest of the party after the gets dragged into their mess.

If that's a no go, I cna go on about my she-wolf warrioress.

Probably no, honestly.  The monsters are pretty untrustworthy of any humankind, and someone that just "knows a lot of people" isn't really the type of trust needed for something like this.  If you flesh him out more and give him more of a reason to specifically side with the monstergirls (at the risk of his life and everything he owns), maybe, but as-is it's a no.

Sethala

By the way, Legend is a work in progress, and there's a list of upcoming changes to the next version here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KiHZBhWsDeKlS0FTuG7RGOOfHF10fzeiU7OB3uo5z90/edit?pli=1

I'll likely be running everything off of the updated stuff there.

Antipaladin of Calista

Had to make a quick change, but now my character is almost done. back story is ready, just doing numbers

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

I was also considering a male human, "adopted" during a raid as a child when a moment to do so presented itself.  After all, males are rare.  I was thinking of making him a cleric or paladin to one of their gods, as they would naturally wish to have him brainwashed a bit, being the only different one.  If that doesn't work I can play a male monsterhybrid, since based on the lovely pictures from page one, there isn't a lot of difference.  Any thoughts?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sethala

I could see a male human being "adopted" during a raid, but the monstergirls are going to be very overprotective of the men (both monsterboys and captured/"adopted" humans), and are very likely to discourage them from going out into the wild and getting into danger, considering how relatively rare they are.  So either way, I want to know more about why he's out adventuring with the girls (monstergirls can go out and get into danger "just because", the boys have a lot more hurdles to jump over, especially right now with the monster races facing a much larger and fairly oppressive humankind threat).

kckolbe

Was thinking that as well, which was the other reason that shaman (not cleric) works.  It's a support position, not a front line warrior.  In addition, there is also desperation factor.  They can't afford to hold back too much, after all.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Sethala

There's a difference between "hold back" as in "stay in the back lines so enemies have to fight through the rest of your party to get to you", and "hold back" as in "stay at home where it's safe", though.

I'm sorry if I'm being too restrictive, but I mostly envisioned this as a "monstergirl-only" party, and added the bit about humankind or monsterboys as a "well, if something's really interesting I'll accept it" thing.  Being a cleric/shaman/etc and helping to heal is an interesting take for a character that would spend their time in the town helping people and possibly help if the town is attacked, as opposed to doing all the domestic work of cooking/cleaning/making babies with monstergirls, but I need more of an actual reason why he's leaving town in the first place.

kckolbe

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Wait.

What if the monstergirls sort of get "rationed" a male?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Hm... possibly.  Any specific reasons you're thinking of?

Antipaladin of Calista

Battle field stress relief?  :-\

Im worried about this because of the lack of interest from more people. I wonder if maybe the concept is whats throwing people off. I like the idea, but if I could think of a few things that might bring in more people I'd think of this:

-The wrong sides are on the wrong sides. Why are the Humans winning? On one side are humans elves and dwarves. On the other? Demons, Dragons, elementals, living plants, vampires, and giants. Even in games like D&D, the heros are the more normal ones and the monsters are just that. It kind of feels like the monster "tribes" are more civilized than the human "government".

-Why no men? It isn't logical to have a small number of men in the game. Look at corruption of champions: http://fenoxo.com/play/
          Half the enemies you fight (if not more) are male. Ever seen Jurassic park? Even if there were only monster"girls" and no guys they would still find a way to reproduce.

Those are just two ideas, and I wont even mention the system you want to use instead of d20 or Savage Worlds.

Thats just my thoughts. I really like the idea of a monster girl rp and I'm still in, but maybe some of this should be taken into consideration.

ShadowFox89

Character Sheet

Name: Golem Model C3-L14 "Celia"
Class: Paladin (Knowing/Smiting/Heroica)
Race: Sentient Construct

HP: 74
Damage Reduction: 2

Speed: 35ft, can [Teleport]

Strength 16 (KOM)
Dexterity 14
Constitution 18 (+2 Race)
Intelligence 10 (+2 Race)
Wisdom 10
Charisma 18 (-2 race) (+2 level) (KDM)

Armor Class: 20 (20 + 4 BaB + 4 KDM + 2 Armor)
Awareness: Tremorsense 20ft, Darkvision
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +9
Resistance and Immunity: [ Immunity] to [Exhausted ], Halves [Fatigued] duration (minimum one [Round ]), [Construct ] type (does not age )
Base Attack Bonus: +4

Class Features:
Track 1 Abilities: Knowing, Mercy
Track 2 Abilities: Skirmish, Conflict
Track 3 Abilities: The Blade and the Bow

Feats: The Earth CracksB, Shadow Blink, Optimistic Viscera

Skills: Acrobatics +6, Athletics +7, Vigor +8, Intimidate +8, Perception +4

Items:
Weapon: Shattered Fate (lesser weapon, [Melee], [Brutal 1], [Guardian], [Quick-Draw], [Extradimensional])
Weapon: Hand Crossbow (mundane weapon, Ranged, range [Close], [Guardian], [Holdout], [Point-blank])
Armor: Mended Hope (lesser armor, light, +2 AC, masterwork)
Expendables: x3 Healing Potions

Attacks:
Shattered Fate; +7 to-hit, 1d6+8 damage, melee
Hand Crossbow; +7 to-hit, 1d6+7 damage, ranged (35ft)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Sethala on March 30, 2013, 08:12:03 PM
Hm... possibly.  Any specific reasons you're thinking of?
Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 30, 2013, 08:54:27 PM

Well, for one, there's a golem in the party that runs off of semen and the girls might not enjoy getting milk dry every night >.>

And it might be a system for how men are spread throughout monstergirl lands. Each group of 4-5 girls gets a male between them.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Quote from: Antipaladin of Calista on March 30, 2013, 08:54:27 PM

Im worried about this because of the lack of interest from more people. I wonder if maybe the concept is whats throwing people off. I like the idea, but if I could think of a few things that might bring in more people I'd think of this:

-The wrong sides are on the wrong sides. Why are the Humans winning? On one side are humans elves and dwarves. On the other? Demons, Dragons, elementals, living plants, vampires, and giants. Even in games like D&D, the heros are the more normal ones and the monsters are just that. It kind of feels like the monster "tribes" are more civilized than the human "government".

-Why no men? It isn't logical to have a small number of men in the game. Look at corruption of champions: http://fenoxo.com/play/
          Half the enemies you fight (if not more) are male. Ever seen Jurassic park? Even if there were only monster"girls" and no guys they would still find a way to reproduce.

Those are just two ideas, and I wont even mention the system you want to use instead of d20 or Savage Worlds.

Thats just my thoughts. I really like the idea of a monster girl rp and I'm still in, but maybe some of this should be taken into consideration.

Well, the main reason I'm doing this system is because Shadowfox wanted to actually play in a game (he's run a few as GM, but couldn't find someone else to be GM so he could play).  Admittedly, mixing a unique twist to the game and a new system may not have been the best idea.

As for the reason for the setting, I wanted something where the players are monstergirls (and maybe a token monsterboy).  Naturally, that led to the setting where monsters are on the decline and fighting back, as the opposite would be fairly anticlimactic.  Either that, or the PCs could be fighting other groups of monsters and the world is split up into other "tribes"; the only issue with that is that it limits what monster-types people can use (i.e. if you're starting out as part of the "dragon tribe", what do you do if someone wants to be a dark elf or a werecat, and end up fighting against their own tribe?  Not saying it can't be justified, but it's easier to say all the monsters are together out of necessity.)

And it's not "there's no men", it's "the men are incredibly rare and pretty much necessary for our survival (especially since our numbers are already so few), so having them go out and risk their lives is probably a bad idea."  Though I'm fine with being overruled; I'll send a message to kckolbe and let him know that he's welcome as the group's token male.

kckolbe

Thanks for the PM.  I'm reading through the system now and working on a character.  I rolled well for his stats, with one exception, trying to decide where to put the 7 I rolled, (though will likely bump it to an 8 since I had other odd numbers).

45418   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:04:23   At 2013-03-31 07:04:23, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 18
45417   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:04:08   At 2013-03-31 07:04:08, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 12
45416   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:02:14   At 2013-03-31 07:02:14, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 15
45415   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:01:53   At 2013-03-31 07:01:53, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 12
45414   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:01:29   At 2013-03-31 07:01:29, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 7
45413   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-31 07:01:09   At 2013-03-31 07:01:09, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 5d6k3 Result: 17

Since I think a Shaman still makes the most sense for him, I am leaning toward taking a low score in intelligence to represent his brainwashing.  Since I have the racial modifier as well to play with, I am also considering using that for his low stat.  Even though shamans cast off of Wisdom, their KDM is Charisma, which the Virtue track uses primarily, so I want to have that as the high stat instead.  After all, he needs to be someone the elder women feel comfortable enough having away from the safety of home, so taking a low stat in any of the physical categories didn't make sense to me.  Not sure how much impact an 8 int would have on his speech and basic functionality, so currently deciding between these two arrangements.

Str 12
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 16
Cha 20

Str 12
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 16
Cha 18

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

I think the first one looks perfectly fine. You aren't really losing anything by having an 8 in an ability score that isn't your KDM or KOM.

And guys, remember- You get [damage reduction] equal to half your constitution modifier.

If you need anymore help, let me know.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

I know that mechanically an 8 is fine for int, just wanted to know if he could still speak normally with such a low score.

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

I don't think there's any negative side effects for a low score.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

So I know Shadow's put up a full character sheet, how about the rest of you?  Have any questions about how any other parts of the system work?  I'll give this another day or two to get interest after the holiday, then start things going if you two are ready.

And Shadow's right, a score below 10 doesn't have any real penalties (you'll take a -1 penalty to anything that cares about your Int modifier, such as some skills, but otherwise not an issue).

Kippers

I can probably get a sheet done tomorrow after I read the system rules. :3

Sethala

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kippers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-noF0qDBY

I can change it for the duration of the thread if it'd make you more comfortable X3

ShadowFox89

I can help you work out a character if you want, either here, through PM, AIM, or Steam.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kippers

Are you going to be on tomorrow? Cool name, btw. Shadowfox was always my favorite zoid.

ShadowFox89

FINALLY someone gets the name.

Yeah, I'll be on all day tomorrow. Gonna be heading to bed soon though.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Teo Torriatte

I would love to get in on this if there is still room?

ShadowFox89

I believe there is.

And if anyone needs help, I will be online all day. Some things that I should point out:

- You get Max HP per level. HP is your Class HP + KDM. Double this for first level.

- I suggest everyone have a ranged weapon, even if you have a class ability that would give you one. Mundane weapons are free and you don't lose anything by having one.

- Don't forget to grab consumables. You get 3 lesser consumables at 1st-4th level. I'd suggest three Healing Potions; each heals 5hp per level or 20hp at level 4.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

Torrek
Name: Torrek
Class: Shaman
Race: Human

HP: 70
DR: 1

Speed: 35

Str 12
Dex 12
Con 14
Int 8
Wis 16 (KOM)
Cha 22 (KDM) +2 race, +2 level

Armor Class: 23 (10 + 3 BaB + 6 KDM + 2 Armor + 2 Shield +1 Human)
Awareness:
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +7
Resistance and Immunity: None
Base Attack Bonus: +3

Class Features:
Track 1 Abilities: Incantation (140 ft), Imbue Spell
Track 2 Abilities: (Virtue from Paladin) Font
Track 3 Abilities: Spell Circle 2

Feats: Open Lesser Binding, A Light Against Shadow, Mystic Healer

Skills: Acrobatics +5, Athletics +5, Perception +7,  Ride +5, Knowledge: Medicine +3, Vigor

Lesser Magic Shield +2 AC
Lesser Magic Armor +2 AC
Oakstone Shard +2 Wisdom
3 Healing Potions

Spells:
1st Circle: Bless, World Mind
2nd Circle: Lesser Restoration, Nature's Power

Attacks:
Longbow +7 to hit, 1d8+4 dmg
Incantation +7 to hit, 5d4+4 dmg

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Looks good to me ^^'

Since we've got some new people since the last time I asked.... forced lactation an off for anyone?

And: http://www.ruleofcool.com/the-hour-is-near-the-number-is-prime/
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

Glad ya like him.  I tried to make him about as "safe" as possible.  He should be the least convenient person in the group to kill.  He has a bit less health than Celia, but higher AC, and he doesn't have to be on the front lines to lend aid.

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Well, Celia is a frontline fighter, she's standing in the front making herself as big a target as possible in hopes that you squishier folk don't get hit.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kippers

Louis
Name: Louis (pronounced Lew-EES)
Class: Barbarian
Race: Wildborn

HP: 60
DR: 0

Speed: [40] 30 + 5 (lvl) + 5 (Athletics)

Str 18 (16 + 2 (race))[KOM]
Dex 16 (14 + 2 (lvl))
Con 8
Int 10
Wis 18 [KDM]
Cha 8

Armor Class: [23] 10 + 4 (BaB) + 4 (KDM) + 1 (Light Armor)
Awareness: [19] 10 + 4 (lvl) + 4 (WIS) + 2 (On the Prowl)
Saves: Fort +8 (4+4), Ref +7 (4+3), Will +6 (2+4)
Resistance and Immunity: Immunity to Figment descriptor

Class Features:
Track 1 [Path of Rage] Abilities: Rage, Powerful Rage
Track 2 [Path of Destruction] Abilities: Cleave
Track 3 [Wildborn] Abilities: On the Prowl, I Can Smell You
Track 4 [I Am Ten Ninjas] Abilities: Smoke Bomb!, Spider Step

Feats: Big Damn Hero, Reaver, Reprisal

Skills: Acrobatics (Dex), Athletics (Str), Larceny (Dex), Stealth (Dex), Geography (Int)

Sharpened Anchor: [Melee] Barbed, Reach, Quick-Draw
Light Armor
Throwing Axe
Battleaxe
1 Healing Potion
1 Firebrand
1 Granite Spike

Spells:
None

Attacks:
Will Figure Out Later

Sethala

Quote from: Kippers on March 31, 2013, 11:56:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-noF0qDBY

I can change it for the duration of the thread if it'd make you more comfortable X3

Hah, no, that's fine.

Though I would appreciate it if you gave more description on what Louis is, especially what type of monster race.  Did you have any questions about the setting?

Monfang

I am not being notified anymore about this and it seems I feel far behind. I want to start up my own group RP so perhaps taking part in this would be too much.

Thanks for answering my questions though.

Sethala

Er, what do you mean you're not being notified about it?  Just that you didn't notice new posts?

There's not much new to catch up on, honestly; you're still welcome if you want.

Monfang

Quote from: Sethala on April 02, 2013, 01:26:54 AM
Er, what do you mean you're not being notified about it?  Just that you didn't notice new posts?

There's not much new to catch up on, honestly; you're still welcome if you want.
I wasn't getting emails. It's fine, you already look like you got a full group ready to go.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Monfang

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 02, 2013, 01:39:05 AM
We've got interest but only 3 sheets so far.
Well.. Then I can try to read up on the Legend system and see if I can make a sheet.

Kippers

Quote from: Sethala on April 02, 2013, 12:33:54 AM
Hah, no, that's fine.

Though I would appreciate it if you gave more description on what Louis is, especially what type of monster race.  Did you have any questions about the setting?
Oh! I wasn't quite sure where to write that part. She's a descendant from a small sea-rat tribe on some far-flung coast, but took to living mostly on her own because she developed a temper problem/complex from a bad childhood. She's interested in the prevention of the alliance because it would presumably threaten her way of life should it come to fruition.

Edit: Oh! And questions! Any additional info on the plotline or the setting that's been nailed down would be cool. I played Monster Girl Quest and presumed the setting was something like that.

Sethala

Not much that I've planned out in advance, but I did come up with some general ideas for how the two races interact.

Before the war, things were pretty much open between the two groups.  Monsterfolk and humankind would often go into each others' lands to trade goods, though it was usually for only a short time and few ever decided to stay permanently.  There were a few small towns near the border that were founded by both monsters and men, though they often had very small populations as few monsters liked living with that many humankind, and humankind felt the same way about the monsters.  Battles between the two happened, but they were usually small in scale and relatively rare; no more intense than the small wars between different animal tribes, or between the humankind's kingdoms.

After the wars however, there's been significantly more animosity between the two.  While humankind visiting monster lands were rarely turned away and generally trusted, now they're always viewed with suspicion, often with the monsters asking them to surrender any weapons they have.  Trade happens, but is very rare.  However, the monsters usually don't openly attack humankind unless they're attacked first.  The kingdoms, on the other hand, are much worse.  Many of the monstergirls that lived in areas that were attacked were captured and turned into slaves, something that was almost unheard of before the wars.  Now it's not at all uncommon to walk down a street and see many of the people walking along with a monstergirl slave in tow.  After the wars ended, most cities enacted laws making it illegal to attack or try to capture a free monstergirl, but far too often the patrolling guards would turn their backs when a group of humans attacked a monstergirl, or even tried to arrest the girl if she managed to fend off her attackers.  Monsterfolk convicted of any sort of crime in human lands are given a short, often unfair trial and sold into slavery, no matter how minor the offense.

As for basing it off of MGQ, I actually haven't played it.  (Not a fan of F/m sex scenes, though I would instantly buy it if the main character were female.)  I may go to the monstergirl encyclopedia images for ideas for how the different tribes are, but I may also come up with my own ideas for things.

Kippers

Cool... cool... I guess my next question would be "When's it starting?"

Sethala

I've had a pretty bad cold lately, so I haven't really been motivated to post much, unfortunately.  I'm going to start planning a starting point now, but I need to figure out how everyone got together and why they're on a team.

So the first question is, how did you guys get together?  Did you guys know each other from before, or is this mission the first time you've met each other?  I also need to figure out how you got on this mission in the first place; would you rather have the NPC hiring you be the one that contacted you specifically for the job, or would it be better if it was some kind of "job posting" somewhere?

kckolbe

I thought we were chosen by tribal elders, perhaps after volunteering.  I would love to have a tie in to another character, perhaps ShadowFox's, since her char is a protector type.

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Well, a quick background on Celia:

Celia was once a gift from the High Elves to the Dark Elf queen. For reasons unknown to her, she was shut down 100 years ago. Celia awoke just a few weeks ago, having no memory of the time spent while she was inactive. The golem knows two primary objectives; to protect and to feed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

Okay, so Celia and Torrek are both resources then.  How expendable is Celia?

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Not sure what you mean there. Would probably depend on how common golem girls are in the setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Golem girls are probably pretty rare, but don't serve any specific purpose that can't be handled by other monstergirls, so they aren't as valued as monsterboys are.

And I already had a decent idea for how you two fit in, just needed to know from Kippers and anyone else that submits a sheet.

ShadowFox89

Well, Celia doesn't get tired and doesn't age. So she makes a much better guard than a regular monstergirl would.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Sethala

Yeah, but other monstergirls can be guards too, if not as effective.  (By comparison, other monstergirls can't make monstergirl babies like a monsterboy could.)

Teo Torriatte

Hey there... I'll be back in the morning to work on a sheet... still thinking of playing a slime girl.

Kippers

Well, Louis was part of an isolated, but prosperous tribe that was based on some obscure coast and practiced both piracy (exclusively against humans) and trade of rare and valuable goods. Their population was mostly wererats and a minority of water-based monsters, their mixture producing a motley breed dubbed "sea rats". Two generations back, they suffered very heavy losses from King Reginald's campaign and they never fully recovered, losing members, human allies, and trading partners. They still did well enough to sustain themselves above complete extinction by becoming more vicious and uncivil with their raids, but it was far from the idyllic times before. The biggest threat of collapse would be from a new human alliance, as that would lead to a more organized military presence on the ocean and make it more dangerous to attack merchant ships or even be on the sea at all.

Louis didn't engage in the pirate lifestyle like her parents, finding it full of oppression and work and other people who made her mad, and instead sought a relatively quiet existence as an independent woodland bandit with a primitive home on a lake, visiting her relatives every now and then. When she finds out about the possible human alliance, however, she'd sign herself up on behalf of her clan and herself both so that they may rob in peace and due to the basic prejudice against humans taught to her in her youth. She'd probably ask around and follow rumors until she found the rest of the party and join under the premise of accomplishing the mission and going back to being on her own.

Sethala

Looks good Kippers.  I think I'll give Luna, Antipaladin, and Monfang a day or two to finish up character sheets and get things ready.  Though I was planning on capping out at 5 players, so it'll probably be up to whoever gets their sheets in first, if all three make a character.

That means I should be starting up an IC thread... Saturday, probably?  Maybe Friday.  If anyone's not quite done I can bring them in after we start easy enough.

Muse

:)  hey guys.  Strom dragon girl coming as soon as I wake up. 

I need to thank Shadow for helping me figure her out! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sethala

Ah, didn't realize you were still here, Muse.

Can't wait to see your character :)

Muse

*smiles* 

I was having trouble with the system.  Shadow was a big help. 

Teo Torriatte

I think I'm gonna withdraw my interest... I know nothing about the system and I'm sure that by the time I can get some help, the game will be full anyway.

Sethala

That's too bad, Luna.  I do recommend learning the system anyway though, as it's pretty simple and the basic rules are mostly the same as D&D, just with a lot of tweaks to abilities and such; depending on how this goes I might start up another Legend system game at some point (and I'll try to remember to PM you if I do).

If you change your mind though, you can PM me or Shadow, or add me on YIM, and we'll be perfectly willing to help you out.

Teo Torriatte

I might have been a little too hasty in just giving up. I sent you a PM.

ShadowFox89

Just woke up. If you're still about Luna, I can walk you through the ins and outs of the system.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Teo Torriatte

Sapphire is an explorer by trade, using her inquisitive nature and viscous properties to slink around the various ruins that dot the land, even foraying into the Eastern kingdoms when she is feeling more daring. When she gets into trouble, she is just as likely to try and talk or seduce her way out of it, as she is to resort to violence, although she will fight if she sees no other way. While she would have preferred to stick to her fairly simple existence and stay out of the conflict between the Eastern peoples and her own, the rumors she has gathered during her various trips into their lands has disturbed her greatly, and she has finally come to conclusion that she should probably do something about it.

Name: Sapphire
Class: Rogue-4

Race: Slime girl
-2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Cha
+1 ref save, +1 AC

HP: 55
Damage Reduction: 1

Speed: 35

Strength    10
Dexterity    20
Constitution    14   
Intelligence    10
Wisdom       10
Charisma    16

Armor Class: 19
Awareness: 14
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +5
Resistance and Immunity:

Class Features:
Track 1 Abilities(Esoterica Radica): Playing it Right, When to Hold
Track 2 Abilities(Assassin): Sneak Attack, Slayer's Sense
Track 3 Abilities(Fortune's Friend): A Little to the Left
Track 4 Abilities(Water Elemental): Agile Sea, Hungry Ocean

Feats: Cheerful Hemoglobin, Exit-Stage Left, The Sun Grows Dim

Skills: Acrobatics(Dex), Larceny(Dex), Stealth(Dex), Vigor(Con), Bluff(Cha), Diplomacy(Cha)

Items:
Weapons: As she needs them (via The Sun Grows Dim)
Armor: Thin membrane(light armor)
Expendables:

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Teo Torriatte

Thank you! She is pretty much done now, except for some background info and such, which I will come back and work on after I have gotten some sleep.

Muse

Name:         Wintersong
Class:          Dragon
Race:          Storm Dragon

HP:          64
Damage Reduction:    1

Speed:       40

(1)Strength       18   +4   Key Offense Ability
(4)Dexterity      12   +1
(3)Constitution   16   +3
(-)Intelligence      14   +2
(-)Wisdom      10   +0
(2)Charisma      18   +4   Key Defense Ability

Armor Class:
Awareness:
Saves: (s)Fort +5, (f)Ref +6, (f)Will +8
Resistance and Immunity:
--Cold (Lesser Resistance)
--Fear (Immunity)

Class Features:
Track 1 Abilities:  Elementalist: Cold
Elemental Burst

At will, you can summon a burst of energy targeting a single 5 ft square within [Close] range. It does 1d6 elemental damage per level you possess, plus the mental ability modifier that you use to calculate DCs for this track, and allows a save for half damage. The save required is Reflex if you channel [Electricity] or [Fire], or Fortitude if you channel [Acid] or [Cold].

Elemental Resistance:

You gain [Lesser resistance] to your chosen element. When you gain your 4th circle of Elementalist, this improves to [Resistance], and at 6th circle, you gain [Immunity] to your chosen element. This ability is passive, not activated.

Track 2 Abilities:  Way of the Crane
Fast Movement:

You gain a 10 ft bonus to your movement speed. You gain an additional, cumulative 10 ft bonus to your movement speed every time you gain a new circle in this discipline (to a maximum of a 70 ft bonus at 7th circle).

Track 3 Abilities:  Way of the Dragon
Stance of the Falling Star:

When knocked down, you are quick to get up for another exchange of punches and kicks. When [Prone], you can stand up as a swift action instead of a move action.

Obsidian Mind:

Monks learn to protect their minds from the clouds of fear. You gain [Immunity] to [Fear] effects, including the combat use (but not the social use) of the Intimidate skill.

Traci 4 Abilities:  Dragon: 
Agility:

You gain the Wings Of War feat even though you would not otherwise qualify. You also have the following natural attack:
Dragon Claws – Melee, range [Melee], [Brutal 3].

Vitality:

Your maximum HP is increased by one point per character level for each circle of the Dragon track you possess, to a maximum of +140 HP at 20th level.

Feats:
Shadow Blink [Combat

You can move from one place to another disturbingly quickly.
Benefit: As a swift action, you can add the [Teleport] de¬scriptor to your movements until the beginning of your next turn. You do not provoke attacks of opportunity by moving, except from opponents who threaten your square at the beginning of movement. You cannot use the Acrobatics skill to avoid those attacks of opportunity.

Open Lesser Binding

Benefit: You can equip an additional lesser magic item.

Summon Mote

A tiny companion assists you in your adventures.
Prerequisites: No spellcasting tracks. 
Benefit: You are followed at all times by a tiny, cheerful, malevolent spirit of your own devising. Treat it as a [Tiny] [Flying] creature with 15 HP, one spoken language, and no offensive capabilities. It has an intelligence of 14, and no other relevant stats. It can carry a small object of less than 5 pounds but cannot use any object as a weapon. Further, any object it drops floats to the ground at a moderate pace. It flies at a speed of 40 ft, but can travel no more than 80 ft from you. The Mote uses your perception skill, but has no other skills. If your Mote is destroyed, it reforms at the end of the [Encounter] or in ten [Rounds], whichever is shorter.
At 4th level, you may siphon its HP to heal yourself as an immediate action, and your Mote gains [Darkvision] out to 30 ft. At 8th level, its HP rises to 30, and it gains the ability to take your place for the purposes of a targeted spell once per [Encounter], taking the damage itself. You may use this ability after you know if the attack hits. It also gains [Blindsight] out to 10 ft. At 12th level, its HP rises to 45 and it can pass through small solid objects or walls. At 16th, you may have two motes active at a given time and the range of your motes becomes unlimited.

Wings of War

A pair of wings, of any appearance you desire, grow out of your back.
Prerequisites: 9th level
Benefit: You grow a set of wings. You gain a fly speed equal to your normal land speed. While the process of gaining wings or having them implanted is likely supernatural, the ability to fly is extraordinary. 

Skills:
--Acrobatics   4 +1   =d20+5
--Arcana   4 +3   =d20+7
--Athletics   4 +4   =d20+8
--Diplomacy   4 +4   =d20+8
--Percpetion   4+0   =d20+4

Items:
Cloak of the Endless Journey

Description: To all appearances this cloak is a plain, if well kept, travelers cloak that is just the right fit for you.
Benefit: A Cloak of the Endless Journey is a boon to any¬one traveling anywhere. A Cloak of the Endless Journey has several useful functions. By reaching into one of the two internal pockets, the user of the cloak can withdraw a fruit. A single cloak can produce up to 5 such fruits per [Scene]. The other pocket can produce a clay jug filled with either clear, cool water, or warm or cold tea. The cloak can pro¬duce 2 such jugs per [Scene] and each jug contains enough liquid for 4 drinks. The cloak can also be transformed with a word into a sturdy, weatherproof tent that appears large enough for a single person, but is actually quite spacious inside and can accommodate up to 4 people comfortably and the pockets remain accessible.

Weapon:
Armor:
Expendables:

Attacks:
--Dragon Claws Melee, (brutal 3)

Sethala

Looks good Muse, though there's a few things about natural weapons that they don't explicitly spell out in the books (but are definitely intended and part of how they balance natural weapons):

First, you can always attack with a natural weapon, even if you have another weapon equipped, and a natural weapon can never be disarmed.  That doesn't seem like much at first, but note that several weapon properties (such as Guardian, Deft, or Reach) don't actually require attacking with the equipped weapon to do something.  So you could have a weapon with several properties that don't require attacking with the weapon, and use your claw natural weapon for its heavy damage.

Also, yes, you can have a magic natural weapon.

Sethala

OOC thread is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170382.0

I'd like to ask everyone to put their character sheet in the thread, and hold off on any OOC chatter until everyone's pasted their sheets.

Sethala

And, IC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=170435.0

kckolbe, I plan on Lady Cilen being one of the people in charge of taking care of Torrek.

Shadow, up to you how you want to come in, but Lady Cilen could also be your current "owner" if you want.

Kimera

Kippers

Dude, your avatar is cute. I want to pinch its cheeks.

kckolbe

So if Torrek is Cilen's ward of sorts, that means I would already be there, right?  Anything he would know about her?  Also, what type of starting relationship would you want between them?

Intro Thread

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

kckolbe

Seth said to wait until all char sheets are done, and I think we may have one more coming.

Intro Thread

Sethala

Quote from: Kimera on April 07, 2013, 01:03:14 PM
Still looking for more?

Heh, the one time I decide to run a game and let someone play a slimegirl, Kimera ends up late and missing his chance... :P

I wasn't planning on it, but yeah, I can have room for a sixth.

And for everyone else, go ahead and move over to the OOC thread.

kckolbe, you'd likely be present somewhere, but not sanding in the room at the moment.  Cilen would have summoned you, so feel free to have him arrive right about now.  As for their relationship, up to you if you want to add something about it or not.

Kimera

Heh, the one time I decide to run a game and let someone play a slimegirl, Kimera ends up late and missing his chance...

Awww  :'(

Anyways, I'll see if I can think of another character concept then