Me and the Gang (EX, NC-E, or NC-H)

Started by Deathnote, June 04, 2008, 07:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deathnote

Synopsis:

Back in the day, the Lockdown Gang was considered one of the most ruthless and most powerful force to ever roam the streets. Their territory expanded over several cities in a mere matter of weeks. Their fighting force was also the strongest to ever walk away alive from the battlefield. Unfortunately, the presence of several other gangs was enough to slowly chisel away at the gang until it eventually fell apart.

Inspired by the old stories of Lockdown's glory days, a young man decides to try and join the gang. Unfortunately, there's only one other member left was the leader, who does nothing but sleep and drink beer all day and night. Within one week after joining, the newcomer found himself temporarily in charge of Lockdown while the leader ran off somewhere for who-knows-what.

This new substitute leader resolves to return Lockdown back to its former glory. Unfortunately, he's not only ignorant as to how things work in the underworld, but he's also naive in nature. The people who decides to join the gang thereafter aren't exactly normal, either.

This is a comedy, so expect lots of bad jokes and puns. That doesn't mean there won't anything serious going on at all, but the basic idea of this is to have fun.

GrinningHound

A comedy about an inept gang of eccentric youths trying to 'make it big' in the underworld?

Count me in!  Sounds like fun!  Give me a bit to think up my character.

How will we handle the storytelling?  I assume you will be effectively "GMing", running the NPC's and stuff, or can we all share?

Deathnote

I guess I'll have to run the NPCs, but if you want to, go ahead and make some of your own, especially if they're important to your characters.  :p

Btw, I'm 'somewhat' looking for someone to play a specific character:  The guy (or gal) who does know how gangs are supposed to work and often baffled by the way things are run in Lockdown.  Most likely to play as the right-hand-man.  Afterall, what's a comedy without a straight (wo)man?  Can be either male or female.  :p

A little bit of the character I might choose to play as:  The temporary gang leader, Psi, is freakishly strong and quite possibly indestructible.  Half the reason why he wanted to become a gangster was cause of Lockdown.  The other half?  He thinks that gangsters get all the girls.  ^_^

GrinningHound

Ooooh so this is like a zany anime, too, where the characters can have some sort of near supernatural qualities?

I usually like the straight man, who's jokes are smart and subtle and the dumb guys don't understand that they are being horribly ridiculed.

I could play the guy who 'knows how it's done', as long as I get to be more than a suit.  He will still be cool and eccentric and fun. ;D

Tant de Tentation

This amuses Sam (that'sa me) *greatly*.  I'd take on any role whatsoever in this farce. 
"Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit."
--Aristotle

My ONs and OFFs
TNT's crazy intro thread.

The Great Triangle

I'd be willing to join in, although I'm usually terrible at comedy because of my love of black humour.  It has a tendency to turn into horror.

My Character Concept:

Mina Tarington, a biology professor from the local university who became tenured at age 28 for her incredible biomedical discoveries.  Now, she's gone on to study her other great pastime: human evolution.  Somehow, she acquired an insanely large research grant to study natural selection in the inner city.  Even stranger, this research grant gives her access to stockpiles of military grade weaponry.  Mina acts as the gang's conscience; if they aren't acting like nihilistic punks, she'll give them a quick reminder of the survival of the fittest.  Mina is a thin, pale, woman with short brown hair and dark eyes.  She is never seen without a pair of glasses, but her wardrobe seems to be divided evenly between nondescript "urban camouflage" and various over the top outfits covered in leather and lace.

Quote:  "There, it's done.  If you promote me to your top lieutenant, I'll even stop the bleeding."
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Deathnote

Quote from: GrinningHound on June 05, 2008, 08:09:30 AM
Ooooh so this is like a zany anime, too, where the characters can have some sort of near supernatural qualities?

I usually like the straight man, who's jokes are smart and subtle and the dumb guys don't understand that they are being horribly ridiculed.

I could play the guy who 'knows how it's done', as long as I get to be more than a suit.  He will still be cool and eccentric and fun. ;D

That's fine.  I just need a character who's 100% certifiably sane amongst the... weirdoes.  :p

Course, this position isn't just limited to one rper.  A couple more 'sane' characters with their own quirks could also work.  Like Great Triangle's Mina Tarington, for example.  You're in, btw.  ^_^

Quote from: Tant de Tentation on June 05, 2008, 11:24:14 AM
This amuses Sam (that'sa me) *greatly*.  I'd take on any role whatsoever in this farce. 

What kind of character do you have in mind?  If you can't think of anything, there are a few character-types found in these kinds of stories:
-The daughter/son of a powerful mafia boss with bad relations with said parent
-A 'normal' person who views gangs in a negative light (like any normal person would do :p)
-A thief who only cares about the money
-A pyschotic homicidal maniac whose solution to everything is either through sex or violence
-The butt monkey XD

Deathnote

K, decided to just go ahead and make a thread in the NC-E section.  Was tempted to go for EX, but... ah well... :p

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16610.0

Deathnote

Is there anyone who's still interested in joining this game?  So far, I've only got one other app in the character thread.  (">_<)

Ah well... I'll just start it up.  It's the kind of game that lets anyone join at almost any time, anyway.  :p

GrinningHound

Just give me some time, please.  I'm having creative difficulties lately and all my RP's are suffering.

Deathnote

Sure, np.  Just jump in whenever you're ready.  ^_^

Atlus

This sounds right up my alley. If you've got the the room:

Name: Ty Parker
Position: Security Consultant (Industrial Spy)
Gang: N/A

Ty had a cushy job as a data thief for a major multi-national corporation. Money, cars, women, Ty had it all. He was thought to be untouchable and untraceable. That all changed when a routine smash and grab turned into a high speed chase. He got the data, but it was so hot that no one would touch it, or Ty. The company disavowed all knowledge of a Ty Parker being on the pay roll. Publicly humiliated, Ty knew he would never find work in the industry again. Low on luck, and cash, Ty decided to find a new line of work.

Ty talks fast and works faster. He is a con man and a pathological liar. He will use anyone he can get his hands on and believes that there is no such thing as an innocent bystander. The way he figures it, everyone will dance to his tune eventually; even if they can't hear the music.

Ty is not the earth's greatest fighter, but he is handy with a gun. Ty's true power lies in his special ability. Ty can shape shift into any form similar to his own body mass. What this means is that while Ty can't become a two story building or a mouse, he can transform into a facsimile of anyone he sees. The more time he spends with a person, the closer the facsimile. If Ty can obtain a DNA sample (saliva, hair, blood, etc.) from the person he wishes to become then the transformation is flawless.

Ty is a tall, tanned, man with brown hair that stands up in unruly curls. Despite being fired from his job, he still wears his business suit everyday. Unfortunately the suit is a bit worse for wear.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Deathnote

Awesomeness.  So what makes your character... interesting enough to be in Lockdown?  Unless you're going for a 'normal' character, of course.  :p

MusicNeverDies

I am most certainly in if you'll take me. Just need to think up a character.

Tant de Tentation

I'm on hold, but I have at least a dozen characters I could theoretically use.

I may go for the sex/violence whore.  But with psychological nuance!
"Humor is the only test of gravity, and gravity of humor; for a subject which will not bear raillery is suspicious, and a jest which will not bear serious examination is false wit."
--Aristotle

My ONs and OFFs
TNT's crazy intro thread.

Atlus

Quote from: Deathnote on June 13, 2008, 05:58:03 PM
Awesomeness.  So what makes your character... interesting enough to be in Lockdown?  Unless you're going for a 'normal' character, of course.  :p

Ty is a manic sociopath whose compassion died long ago. He can no longer see the harm in wanton destruction. Where many sociopaths can guess at what emotions they are supposed to be exhibiting in a given situation, Ty cannot (or doesn't wish to try). Where many would cry over such things, Ty chooses to laugh instead. In short, Ty falls somewhere between the thief who only cares about the money and the pyschotic homicidal maniac whose solution to everything is either through sex or violence.

"Cry, and you cry alone. Laugh, and the world laughs with you." -Ty Parker

P.S. I'm aware that this is not an original quote.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Custos Morum

Any room for one more?

I have a possible humouristic sidekick going.

Deathnote

Quote from: Atlus on June 14, 2008, 01:14:48 AM
Ty is a manic sociopath whose compassion died long ago. He can no longer see the harm in wanton destruction. Where many sociopaths can guess at what emotions they are supposed to be exhibiting in a given situation, Ty cannot (or doesn't wish to try). Where many would cry over such things, Ty chooses to laugh instead. In short, Ty falls somewhere between the thief who only cares about the money and the pyschotic homicidal maniac whose solution to everything is either through sex or violence.

"Cry, and you cry alone. Laugh, and the world laughs with you." -Ty Parker

P.S. I'm aware that this is not an original quote.

Ah, so you're the axe-murderer type, huh?  Not that you'd be using an axe all the time, of course.  Just that the imagery fits.  :p

Quote from: MusicNeverDies on June 13, 2008, 06:38:13 PM
I am most certainly in if you'll take me. Just need to think up a character.
Quote from: Tant de Tentation on June 13, 2008, 08:17:28 PM
I'm on hold, but I have at least a dozen characters I could theoretically use.

I may go for the sex/violence whore.  But with psychological nuance!
Quote from: Custos Morum on June 14, 2008, 11:41:44 AM
Any room for one more?

I have a possible humouristic sidekick going.

Go for it.  Wanna see what you all come up with.  ^_^

Atlus

Shall I go ahead and post Tyler in the characters thread?

Deathnote

Sure.  Go ahead.

Between Dope and Tyler, and I guess this makes Lockdown more 'trigger-happy psycho-twisted' messed up, than simply 'eccentrically wierd' messed up, huh?  (o_O")

Custos Morum

Quote from: Deathnote on June 14, 2008, 04:14:25 PM
Sure.  Go ahead.

Between Dope and Tyler, and I guess this makes Lockdown more 'trigger-happy psycho-twisted' messed up, than simply 'eccentrically wierd' messed up, huh?  (o_O")

I can tone Dope down if you want to. I wouldn't have any problem with it.

Deathnote

You don't have to if you don't want to.  There's plenty of time to develop your character before and during the game, neway.  Kinda like the whole 'mythomaniac' thing.  ^_^

Custos Morum

I was thinking less killingspree >_>

Deathnote

Hmm... well... if you can make it work, then I'd encourage it.

Btw, I'm assuming Dope was a member of Lockdown before its decline, right?  Cause... after the decline, only one old member and one new member was left.  The old member left the new guy in charge and went awol.  That would make Dope either a returning member or the first guy Psi recruited.  :p

Custos Morum

Quote from: Deathnote on June 14, 2008, 07:17:37 PM
Hmm... well... if you can make it work, then I'd encourage it.

Btw, I'm assuming Dope was a member of Lockdown before its decline, right?  Cause... after the decline, only one old member and one new member was left.  The old member left the new guy in charge and went awol.  That would make Dope either a returning member or the first guy Psi recruited.  :p

Edited Dope, and made him still looking for a gang. Also made him silent conspirator instead of crazed lunatic.