THIS is a Strayun accent >:

Started by Sabby, March 25, 2012, 10:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Mortal Kombat Fire & Ice: Job Interview (Mortal Kombat Machinima)

Bloody Straya Day mate, get outta me country. Posted for the benefit of people who get their impression of an Aussie accent from Dead Island...

Isabella8688

Aleph

Flamin' eck Sabby! Whydjagahnshow the yanks arrthat? Strewth I swear Izgunnacomeagutza fy watch ol'thing!

As. I. live. anfarn breathe! Laugh? Well I nearly!

{returns to his usual BBC Australia accent}...aaaaaaand we're back. It's rare to see Strine (that's High Australian to you foreigners) spoken so well by someone so young.

TheGlyphstone

I understood about one word in three. Not at all like Steve Irwin.

Aleph

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 02, 2012, 08:40:10 PM
I understood about one word in three. Not at all like Steve Irwin.

;D in that case I wrote it correctly *nod* I still remember the day I realised the word 'Strine' was actually 'Australian' said in a thick Australian accent. The accent favors dropping leading vowels, compression and not faithfully following its own rules......

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Aleph on April 02, 2012, 08:54:01 PM
;D in that case I wrote it correctly *nod* I still remember the day I realised the word 'Strine' was actually 'Australian' said in a thick Australian accent. The accent favors dropping leading vowels, compression and not faithfully following its own rules......

Actually, I was talking about the video. You were completely incomprehensible. :D

Aleph

*laugh*

Actually the video was pretty spot on for a broad Australian accent, the number of times I've seen an Australian in tv/movies who sounds like they're from South Africa or England *mutter*