Moonlight Menagerie - (Werewolves & Werecats) - Relaxed pace - Always Accepting!

Started by Kokaine, November 08, 2017, 02:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Sorry for the double post but I had a random question just pop into my head. :)

Koka, for those that are born Were's, when do they experience their first change?

Flower

Quote from: Caela on November 12, 2017, 03:06:05 PM
What kind of interests does he have?

If he likes working with his hands and/or being outside he could be a carpenter, electrician, landscaper, roofer, plumber.
If he's good with numbers he could be something like an accountant or a local math teacher.
If he's super independant he could just own a business of his own of some sort.

Sorry if the "he" is an assumption, I have an Uncle that actually IS a mail carrier so it's my gender bias showing lol. :D Hope this helps!

It's a lady wildcat. (^^)

I like the trade angle. Maybe she could be in construction or something.

Amarlo

I have decided that I think I'll join later on when/if you decide to open the roster to more  therianthropes and/or races.  :-)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Kokaine

I will pretty this up later....

The Clan of Sekhmet

The Clan of Sekhmet is an old clan whose origins lie in that of strong, proud clan of werelions, however, when they were nearly exterminated and relocated to Louisiana and the site where Menagerie now rests, they became a multi-species group dedicated to the protection of the land and the mystical energies that pooled beneath it. Their's is a clan of honor and tradition though they are mostly known by name and myth around the supernatural community. They are tight-knit despite being a mixed clan of several cat species and even moon touched individuals and prefer to keep to themselves. Despite typically being led by a lioness or mated pair of lions, the clan is currently under the rule of a female Khan named Riley. They remain small but strong, a true family, but admittedly not much has truly tested them in the last few decades.

Alpha - Riley Kennedy (Weretiger)
Beta - On hold/In talks
Third - Open
Enforcer - On Hold/In talks
Enforcer - On Hold/In talks
Enforcer - Open
Clan Healer - Contessa Levesque (Moon Touched/Witch)
Other positions may be available if you have an idea

The Wild Hunt

While they do not carry any official name, there is a notorious group of wolves who are commonly referred to as the "The Wild Hunt". Strays, renegades, exiles, and ferals--those who cannot blend enough to stay among the humans, and those who think they should not be allowed to--these are the souls usually found loosely bound by the needs of the wolf. They follow an Alpha, though who that is has been known to change rather suddenly and quite violently. Losing 4 Alpha's in the last 6 months is crazy, however, even for them. It seems that someone is hunting them, picking them off one by one and forcing them to move. For what purpose is unknown, as is just who or what is doing it. Looks like coming across Menagerie is a bit of a blessing, it will make it much easier to make a stand at least. Well, once those pesky cats are out of the way anyhow.

Alpha - Royce O'Rourke
Beta - Open
Third - Open
Enforcer - Open
Enforcer - Open
Enforcer - Open
Pack Healer - Open
Other positions may be available if you have an idea.

Others

Menagerie is home to a few other supernaturals as well as some stray wolves. They are welcome so long as they can abide by the rules of the clan.

So! This was my initial idea for a set up--a clash between the groups to kick things off and then the settling--but given how small the group is (which I don't mind) and the sheets I've received I may just go with the groups being in place and something else setting them against one another.

I did want to expand upon the Moon Touched however, since they seem to be popular.

Moon Touched are stronger, faster, etc with regard to regular humans, however, they will not match a full on were or even several other species of things. So don't think making a moon touched human gives you all of the benefits with none of the drawbacks, because it doesn't. Also, in this universe, moon touch usually have a choice. They can be part of a pack/clan/group or not. It depends on the group near them and if they'd force the issue or not. For Menagerie it was always a choice before... who knows if it will stay that way >:)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Kokaine

Quote from: Caela on November 12, 2017, 07:03:33 PM
Sorry for the double post but I had a random question just pop into my head. :)

Koka, for those that are born Were's, when do they experience their first change?

Puberty, the later stages are usually when its triggered.

Quote from: Amarlo on November 13, 2017, 06:29:24 PM
I have decided that I think I'll join later on when/if you decide to open the roster to more  therianthropes and/or races.  :-)

Best of luck to ya :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Kokaine

Apologies for triple posting.

I am hoping we can get a couple more males and then I'll start rolling things forward. Not gonna hold things up forever. I'm more than happy to shape things around a small group and see what happens with the story :)

Those who sent PMs I have not forgotten you. Just ended up busier than I expected the last few days. >.<

My O/Os

la dame en noir

I was going to go with a cat, but it looks like we may be in need of canines - or I might go with a witch of some sort.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Peripherie

I'd be happy to change the directions of my proposed characters or change to/add a male were that would fit a need.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Amelita

I'd like to reserve Joe Manganiello, Dwayne Johnson,  and Jack Greystone please.

>>

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Caela

Quote from: Amelita on November 14, 2017, 10:38:03 AM
I'd like to reserve Joe Manganiello, Dwayne Johnson,  and Jack Greystone please.

>>

-fights the urge to drool and make grabby hands-

You pick some of the best face claims Ames.

Endwell

I'll be putting in a second male, may hold on my female character until more races are open (not sure yet), and claim Brock O'Hurn pleaseee
Take off your clothes
Give me your trust
Look me in the eyes
Confess your lust
I promise I'll love you if you do it
So do it for me...

Amelita

Quote from: Caela on November 14, 2017, 11:40:20 AM
-fights the urge to drool and make grabby hands-

You pick some of the best face claims Ames.

;)

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

xPeachyPuff

>>

Oh gosh, those are some awesome face claims right there. Particularly Joe Manganiello *drool*

Caela

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on November 14, 2017, 02:09:42 PM
Oh gosh, those are some awesome face claims right there. Particularly Joe Manganiello *drool*

I saw the claim first! Hehehehe

Amelita

Caela

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on November 14, 2017, 04:44:03 PM
Hahaha, I'll fight you for him x'D Jkjk c:

We could share....just trade him back and forth every week or so lol.  >:)

Quote from: Amelita on November 14, 2017, 04:53:53 PM

On the other hand thise abs might be worth fighting over!

Flower

Hoping to finish my girl this weekend. Any idea when our journey might begin?

Kokaine

Quote from: la dame en noir on November 13, 2017, 10:58:17 PM
I was going to go with a cat, but it looks like we may be in need of canines - or I might go with a witch of some sort.

The witches aren't available at this time. The one listed above is an NPC. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote from: Peripherie on November 14, 2017, 09:45:32 AM
I'd be happy to change the directions of my proposed characters or change to/add a male were that would fit a need.

You don't have to. Totally your choice. Play what you want, seriously.

>>

All yours. Updating the list in just a moment here.

Quote from: Endwell on November 14, 2017, 11:53:45 AM
I'll be putting in a second male, may hold on my female character until more races are open (not sure yet), and claim Brock O'Hurn pleaseee

Unf! All yours.

Quote from: Hyacinth on November 15, 2017, 05:51:02 AM
Hoping to finish my girl this weekend. Any idea when our journey might begin?

Not 100% just yet. Still waiting on a couple more sheets from folks in here. Won't be too long but I don't wanna name a date and sail right past it.

My O/Os

Amelita

Submitting this one here:

Name : Jackson Tate
Nickname(s) : Jax, Jacks, Tate
Sex : All male, baby
Marital Status : Single

Species : Werewolf (bitten)
Powers/Abilities :
-Heightened speed, senses, strength, agility, endurance and durability
-Excellent head for strategy and planning

Height : 6'5
Weight / Body type : Jax is in excellent shape, athletically built with a defined frame of lean cut muscles and proportions worthy of envy.
Hair : Black, with hint of salt at the sides. Usually sports a full trimmed beard that's more salt than pepper by now.
Eyes : Dark chestnut
Distinguishing Features : Compass tattoo on the inside of his forearm, large and small scars all over his body but nothing freakish.
Were Form : A strong lithe form, black and dark grey in color with light grey contrasts. Dark amber eyes.

Personality : Jax has a way with words and learned early on to apply his natural social ease towards the goal of earning general good will. He isn't flirtatious in a traditional sense, but when he wants to impress he knows how to work his angles, both verbally and with a dashing smile to go with a silver tongue. Okay maybe somewhat of a flirt. He's ambitious in the only way he truly can be in this rough world for a were, driven to achieve whatever goal he sets himself and wants great things for him and his brother alike. Being part of the mix and match crowd that runs with O'Rourke means he applies this to whatever he can do to help keep them alive and thriving. Yeah, that's not going so well.

Ambition is paired with necessary passion to actually get where he wants, and what he wants. Might impact his personal relationships too, as far as they go. He's intelligent, a trait that not even his howling wolf can fully drive out of him. His mind sways towards organization and strategy, highly useful in various situations and as his brother will testify he's the 'brain of the operations'. Not to worry, he isn't a stickler for detail or loses his mind over small things... As long as you fucking do what you're told, yea?

He has little tolerance towards those who demonstrate lack of character, or lazy approach towards things. He doesn't hesitate to cut down what is in his path if it doesn't align with his plans, and he thinks excuses are nothing but proof of how right he is in removing those hindrances. Confidence to the point of arrogance is undeniably part of this, but he doesn't show it as blatantly as he feels it or his social skills wouldn't count for much.

In short, he's a confident and intelligent guy with little tolerance for fuck-ups and a whole lot of drive but so far not too many wholesome paths to channel it into. Passionate, loyal as all hell to those he's close to, and ruthless in dealing with those he doesn't give a damn about.

Dominant or Submissive : Dominant

Likes : Building things, solid plans, driving, running, swimming, hunting, winning, fucking, dancing, eating, the chase
Dislikes : Failure, plans falling apart, lazy people, excuses, pathetic people, clingers, staying in one place too long, birds (seriously)
Fears : Ravens and crows. (Witnessed the feathered monsters peck at his family's bodies when he came to after the attack on their home. It stuck with him.) Also fears losing Colton, but that's more of a general underlying fear.

History :
-Born in a small town somewhere on the west coast, orphaned as a toddler and taken in by his father's employer who a year later took on a kid the same age.
-Grew up brother to Colton (the other kid) and two older sisters (the carpenter's daughters), loved and taken care of by his adoptive parents the carpenter and wife.
-Bitten at 15 during what could only classify as a raid on the house. Everyone else died from their wounds except Colton, who was infected as well.
-Stayed on the run with Colt for a couple of years until they found foothold with a pack up north.
-Strayed from pack to pack over the course of over a decade more until they somehow ended up with The Wild Hunt.
-Has a reputation with his brother as someone you contact when you really need the job done. (There's a website. Tatebrothersbountyhunter.com where you insert your phone number and hit a button to be contacted by the boys. Nothing else. They call you.)
-Had beef with one of the recent Alpha's, pissed off another one, etc. Supports O'Rourke 110%

Sexuality : Heterosexual
Sexual On's : Go Wild
Sexual Off's : Tread Slow

Player : Amelita

Peripherie

Here are my twins, they were just approved by Koka. :D

Name : Jaxson Lost
Nickname(s) : Jax; Bro
Sex : Male
Marital Status : Single

Species : Human; Moon Touched
Powers/Abilities : Unbeknownst to him or his sister, their mother was a werecat and they have inherited some remarkable traits. Jax is stronger than he looks and is a fast sprinter. He has a genial personality but when provoked or feeling protective can be taken over by a very fierce and reactive, almost animalistic, temper. The only remedies to his outbursts are his sister or letting him cool off.

Height : 6'1"
Weight / Body type : 155 lbs, trim but strong
Hair : Brown; Often Messy; Beard depending on mood and how quick he got ready that morning
Eyes : Brown
Distinguishing Features : no piercings or tattoos; A long scar curves from his lower back to his side. It has been there forever, like a birthmark. Sometimes it itches.
Were Form : NA

Personality : Trust is earned with him but Jax is willing to help most anyone with little things if he can. Just don't ask for hardware store credit! He comes off shy and quiet but that is mostly as he wants to keep his temper at bay. Very good at fixing and crafting things, Jax works full time at the shop but also does maintenance, construction, and repair work on the side. He is very protective of his sister but lets her live her own life. He has his own place above the hardware store. He is very protective of love interests as well but is slow to warm up to anyone of the opposite sex. (That is not to say that he isn't attracted to women or forms crushes quickly - he just won't show it easily.) He knows and has seen the odd things that exist in Menagerie but they accepted him as a homeless orphan, so he will always extend the same courtesy.
Dominant or Submissive : Dominant

Likes : Reading, getting messy, running, helping others, power outages, and chilly mornings
Dislikes : When his temper gets the best of him, people putting on a false front, and asparagus
Fears : Losing his sister; Being out of control.

History :
  • Jax and his sister are orphans who were left at a general store in Menagerie as infants.
  • He grew up with his sister and a local human family who had a farm on the outskirts of town. Their foster family eventually left Menagerie but he and his sister stayed behind, moving into town.
  • Jax has always blamed his temper on why his foster family never adopted them. A sweet kid, he struggled with anger after puberty.
  • He eventually learned to channel his energy into fixing and building things. He works full time at the local hardware store, fixing things for townsfolk on the side.
  • His apartment is above the hardware store and he lives alone, keeping to himself. He has dated a few women but has commitment and abandonment issues.
  • Since becoming locals he and his sister are aware of the supernatural things that go on in town but they try to just to let things be and make a life in the only home they have ever had.
Sexuality : Hetereosexual
Sexual On's : O/Os
Sexual Off's : O/Os

Player : Peripherie

Name : Delilah Lost
Nickname(s) : Del; Sis
Sex : Female
Marital Status : Single; Was engaged once.

Species : Human; Moon Touched
Powers/Abilities : Unbeknownst to her or her brother, their mother was a werecat and they have inherited some remarkable traits. Del has enhanced senses when focused (which also makes her averse to strong odors), and she is very graceful and flexible. She can almost always catch herself or land on her feet when physically in trouble.

Height : 5' 8"
Weight / Body type : 130 lbs; very flexible due to her heritage and a life-long love of yoga
Hair : Brown, most often wears it straight and down
Eyes : brown
Distinguishing Features : Has a small infinity symbol tattoo behind her left year; There is also a scar across her abdomen that has been there since birth; she can be seen itching it.
Were Form : NA

Personality : Del is the curious one. She loves reading and exploring her small town. That doesn't mean she is overly nosy in anyone else's business. But she is always - watching. There might be an answer somewhere about who their parents were or why they left them. Manager of the bookstore, she often meets a wide cross-section of the town and is very friendly. She likes being active and can be seen doing yoga early in the mornings on the porch of her small rented cottage. Engaged once, she craves love but doesn't want to go through that kind of heartbreak again. And she isn't keen on talking about what happened either. A close connection to her brother, she worries about him and feels like they have a kind of mental connection. (They also shared a twin language when younger but don't speak it anymore much.)
Dominant or Submissive : Submissive

Likes : Special blend of chai, animals, staying up way too late watching the stars, chocolate, and bringing her friends or family unexpected gifts.
Dislikes : Her brothers' temper, the fact that her hair won't take a curl, wolf spiders, and being judged.
Fears : Tight spaces, Never finding out about her parents or why they left she and her brother behind.

History :
  • Del and her brother are orphans who were left at a general store in Menagerie as infants.
  • She grew up with her brother and a local human family who had a farm on the outskirts of town. Their foster family eventually left Menagerie but she and her brother stayed behind, moving into town.
  • The social butterfly of the twins, she loved making friends. She has also always been worried about her brother. He outwardly resents their birth parents but she too longs to know more about them.
  • She is very athletic and especially enjoys yoga. She has also always been a bookworm and now works at the local book store.
  • Del was engaged to her high school sweetheart but had a very unexpected break-up that she doesn't like to talk about.
  • Since becoming locals she and her brother are aware of the supernatural things that go on in town but they try to just to let things be and make a life in the only home they have ever known.
Sexuality : Heterosexual
Sexual On's : O/Os
Sexual Off's : O/Os

Player : Peripherie

Amelita - You and I were thinking the same thing for nicknames. :P

I'm up for anyone to make connections to them. Caela - Siobhan and Delilah will make great co-workers!
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Kokaine

Face Claims have been updated.

Most PMs have been replied to. Gonna try and get through the last few and then get to my characters.

Btw, if anyone might be interested in playing the mate to my Cervena Fox face, let me know. They would need to be a cat and could be male (dominant or submissive) or female (dominant or submissive but of the tomboyish variety).

My O/Os

Caela

And our lovely GM approved my kitty as well! :D

Name: Dr. Ophelia RyAnne Clark (tends to use her middle name)
Nickname(s): Ry, Doc
Sex: Female
Marital Status: Single

Species: Were-Tiger
Powers/Abilities:

• Were: All the abilities that come wih being a Werecreature; enhanced speed, agility, strength, senses etc. She also has the ability to shift just her hands into claws during a fight. **Note: This is the only partial shift she can do
  • Physician: As a doctor she has an extensive knowledge of the human body and how it works
  • Fighting: Ry spends a lot of her free time at a nearby MMA gym, she also studies Aikido and Krav Maga **Note: She's not a master of any of these styles but studying more than one has taught her a lot about imporvising when she needs to fight.

Height: 5'11
Weight / Body type: 152lb | Trim/Athletic
Hair: Thick, dark brown waves, with honeyed highlights are usually drawn back into a twist or french braid for work. When not working with her kids she allows them to flow freely to the middle of her back.
Eyes: Dark chocolate brown with green flecks
Distinguishing Features: Ry's only modification is that she has a single piercing in each ear. She has no birthmarks or scars.
Were Form: See image

Personality: Ry is often described as intense, determined, intelligent and fierce in her beliefs and loyalties. With her patients (her kids as she calls them) she allows her softer side to peek through and shows a sense of humor, fun and an infinite amount of patience that no adult would ever get from her. Those that know her best also know she has a wild side and that she can cut loose and party with the best of them, or that she sometimes just needs to recharge and can become a bit of a home-body for a time in which she only wants to see one or two people at any given time.
Dominant or Submissive: Dominant

Likes: Her kids (patients), her friends, her family, reading, music, dancing, swimming, time in her gym/dojos, writing (journaling mostly, some poetry that she never lets anyone read!), dancing, movies, dinner parties, a good drink, long/rambling conversations, anything that makes her laugh, walks/runs through the woods
Dislikes: When anyone she cares about is in pain that she can't help or fix, adults that don't listen (usually parents of her patients), ignorance, stupid people, blatent cruelty
Fears: One of her patients dying, snakes

History: Ry was born and raised in Menagerie. Her parents never explained how they discovered the small community but she grew up being able to take for granted that there was a safe place for people like them. She grew up being able to openly be who and what she was because of the safety of their town and that instilled a fierce loyalty and protectiveness that only grew stronger when she graduated high school and went away for University where she discovered just how hard it was to be herself anywhere else.

During her undergrad years she tried to pretend she was just like anyone else at LSU but the truth was she wasn't. She could never be "normal" and her time there reinforced that...especially when she was nearly caught when she went for a run during one of the full moons and stumbled across a group of drunken idiots who thought partying in the woods was a good idea! Luckily no one was going to buy the story that a bunch of drunk frat boys has seen a tiger, of all things, running loose in Louisiana! After that she made sure she was more circumspect about her runs and drew into herself, earning a reputation among the other pre-med students for being quiet, intense, an amazing study partner but rather closed off and hard to get to know beyond the superficial.

Actual medical school (and residency afterward) was even more difficult. She managed to wrangle a, much coveted, scholarship to John's Hopkins University but keeping it proved even more difficult than she would have dreamed. Studying became her life and she found that there were times she even had to skip runs, and sometimes had to forgoe changing at all, during the full moons. More than once she thought about quitting but her mother would always remind her that becoming a doctor was her dream and that it wouldn't last forever. The nights she couldn't change grated on her, making her feel raw and exposed emotionally from the exertion it took to maintain her human shape when her Tiger so desperately wanted to escape but in the end her mother was right and it was worth it to reach her dream.

As soon as she graduated from her residency program she returned home to set up shop. A local general physician hired her to expand on his own practice and while he took care of the adults in his practice, she was able to tend to the children. It took time to settle back in, to fall back into the ebb and flow of a small town life but she was grateful for it as well. Being out in the world at large had taught her a new respect for those who didn't have the luxury of having a place like Menagerie to return to and who had to live their entire lives hiding who/what they were...sometimes even from those closest to them.

While her human life looks straightforward, from the outside, she's also part of the Clan of Sekhmet that claims Menagerie as their territory and that comes with it's own responsibilities. Never liking to be under anyone's authority but her own, she's fought her way up through the hierarchy to become one of their Enforcers, even beating men in challenge who thought they'd easily bring her down. One even told her he'd "put her in her place," and she'd relished the shocked expression that had flown across his face when he'd found her claws at his throat forcing him to yield to the visciousness she'd shown when she fought. When a challenge was issued she fought with a fury worthy of the beast she carried inside of her. There was no toying with her opponent, no testing his/her defenses, she flew in hard, fast, ending most of her challenges before her opponent even realized she had no intention of playing to the normal expectations of a fight. She earned a reputation for being utterly brutal and efficient.

She also earned a reputation for loyalty. Anything that poses a threat to Menagerie faces that same brutal fierceness if it crosses Ry's path. 

Sexuality: Heterosexual | Polyamorous
Sexual On's: She's physically drawn to men who are athletic and taller than she is (she likes to wear heels and not tower over the man she's with!), confidence, kissing, exploring her partner's body, letting her partner explore her, oral (giving and receiving), hair pulling, biting, some clawing, long days spent making love, hard/dirty/rough fucking, some types of pain but she prefers them to be delivered by hand over implements (ex: open hand spanking over use of a flogger or paddle, pinching over clamps etc; she likes the personal touch)
Sexual Off's: Men shorter than she is, stupid/mean men, a partner with no imagination or confidence, permananet marking, any sort of bathroom play

Player: Caela

xPeachyPuff

Just want to say that all the characters so far look awesome c: I've just submitted my character to Koka by PM as well so hopefully I'll pop her up in this thread soon ^_^ Can't wait to work out connections and such!

Amelita

I'm trying to think of a new name for Jax. It'll happen. Stay tuned ::)