Thundercats 2011 Trailer.

Started by Wolfy, July 04, 2011, 10:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Goddamn it - had company and missed it.   :'(
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jmorty33

I'm sure there'll be a rerun on tomorrow.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Kunoichi

*checks*

...Nope.  They're showing some stupid direct-to-cable Spy Kids movie.

Oniya

They might air it prior to the next episode.  That's what they did with the Voltron premier.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kunoichi

Sorry, it doesn't look like they're doing that, either. ^^; Only showing episode 3, which is called 'Ramlak Rising'.

Looks like you'll need to use Youtube, Oniya.

NotoriusBEN

Omgod, I havent been jerked around like that in a long time. Everyone who saw the part with Lion-o blowing up the mechs knows what happened next. I was in utter disbelief until the reveal.

And awesome! I know Im a dude and such, but... I want a snarf plushie now >.>;;

Kunoichi

Everybody does. ;D New Snarf is awesome.

Jmorty33

Everybody does because of two things: one, he doesn't talk so he doesn't whine all the time and sound like a bitch. This time they replaced him with a cute little voice that only says snarf and other cute little noises. Two he is drawn this time on all fours instead of him constantly being up on two, this adds to the cuteness factor.

undisclosedtoyou

Okay, this coming from someone who knows nothing of the original Thundercats show, I liked it.  It was surprisingly good, and the story is interesting.  I'll definitely keep on watching it.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Jmorty33

Yeah, from someone who loved this show as a kid, I was surprised how far they deviated form the original story. What surprised me even more is how well they pulled it off, I thought that the voice portrayal was good. It was good to here Will Friedel's voice again, he did a good Lion-O. Also a nice cameo by Larry Kenny, the original Lion-O, as Claudius. The art style I thought was good, certainly a style I have yet to see. Though the action came a little faster than I had anticipated, but still all in all a good revival of this classic franchise.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Oniya on July 05, 2011, 12:27:33 PM
It's not a remake in the sense of taking the old story and updating it.  This is taking the characters from the original story and showing them in another time-frame (like the new Voltron series is taking place after the original Lions version while the original pilots are still alive).  In this case, the writers are exploring what happened before the events in the '80s series.
Actually, having now seen the first two episodes, it's taking place on Third Earth, and the Cat's won a battle against Mumm-ra.  So IF I'm remembering rightly, the original T-cats first met Mumm-ra on Third Earth.

So in a way, it's more like a sequel than a prequel with the old characters moved forward in the story.

[Edit]Actually, now that look at the episode, it's taking a lot of queues from the comic series that came out during the early 2000's.  A lot of things are direct parallels or just reinterpreted for TV.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Kunoichi

So, episode 3 is on now...

...Anybody else think that Lion-O kinda seems to have taken a complete 180 on personality this episode?

Jmorty33

Well his dad did just get brutally murdered by a for that was thought to be long gone. Plus he was betrayed by a trusted friend.

Jag

I think his personality change just has to do with what happened to him. It seems realistic for him to get snappy, frustrated, and upset after what just happened to his family and people. I think he'll mellow out again once things get going.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Kunoichi

Yeah, either that or Captain Nemo Fishguy is going to serve as an object lesson for him.

Interesting that the cook is apparently still planning on eating the kids, though...

Jag

I think Kat and Kit being eaten wouldn't hurt the story all that much. >.>

Jmorty33

But they now unkowingly outwitted the cook

Jag

...and there is the lesson of the story! (Lion-O caring about the crew, not the twins outwitting the cook)

Kunoichi

Actually I think the twins knew full well what the cook was planning.  Hence why they somehow managed to make him ice cream in the middle of a desert. >>;

...And Jaga's still alive. o.o I honestly wasn't expecting that...

Jag

Yeah, I was expecting Jaga to be dead too. Also, if he knew where the Book of Omens was, why didn't he tell Lion-O and gang? Wouldn't that make their job a whole lot easier and quicker if they knew where it was?

*shrugs* I'm sure all will be revealed in due time.

Jmorty33

Indeed so we will all have to wait until next week, Same Cat Time! Same Cat Channel!!

Kunoichi

Well, strictly speaking, he did give them directions before being apparently captured and tortured.  And technically, all that Mumm-ra's dark magic did was point in the same direction that he gave to Lion-O and company...

Wolfy

Cartoon Network is so f*cking stupid. :/

Seriously, they have the greatest show of all time...and they aren't showing f*cking reruns of it.

AT ALL

Which means because of work, I've missed not on the premier, but I'll also miss every. Single. Episode.

..FML. >_<

Jag

Do you have any way of recording it, Wolfy? DVR or VCR? Or maybe a friend that could DVR it or record it for you?

Chris Brady

Quote from: Wolfy on August 06, 2011, 07:32:13 PM
Cartoon Network is so f*cking stupid. :/

Seriously, they have the greatest show of all time...and they aren't showing f*cking reruns of it.

AT ALL

Which means because of work, I've missed not on the premier, but I'll also miss every. Single. Episode.

..FML. >_<
>.>

<.<

You can torrent it.  I don't have cable, and that's how I'm seeing it. Of course, I keep for like an hour of watching and then delete them.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming