News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Birthdays and ages?

Started by Moondazed, January 02, 2009, 01:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moondazed

I noticed in the calendar box at the bottom of the page that everyone's age shows but Bliss's... how come?  Can you turn that off?  Not that I want to, I'm just curious.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

jouzinka

What do you mean by disabling it? Once you erase the date of birth from your profile, it can never show in the calendar. :)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Elandra

Or if you want the date but not the age, remove the year.
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Paradox

Out of curiosity, I just discovered that you can list a negative age by filling in a year that has not yet come to pass.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Ket

You mean I can start again backwards now?!

-has found the way to hold off 30 inevitably-
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Paradox

30 is inevitable, unless you meant indefinitely  ;)

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Ket

Something like that.  My brain is only half working.  Empty stomach and neighbors playing bass entirely too loud. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: Moondazed on January 02, 2009, 01:25:46 PM
I noticed in the calendar box at the bottom of the page that everyone's age shows but Bliss's... how come? 

I thought Bliss was timeless.  A spiritual entity in the world that has no age.

Like time, life, love, hope, fear and others.  Ones that have existed since the beginning, but is beyond the concept of aging...

...that or some technical issue that was discussed above me.  Whichever is more plausible.   :P
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Oniya

Actually, I chose not to list my age either - that may change eventually, though.  It's simply a matter of omitting the year from your birthdate.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Moondazed

Oh!  I guess I didn't see the point :)  Thanks, though.
~*~ Sexual Orientation: bi ~*~ BDSM Orientation: switch ~*~ Ons and Offs ~*~ Active Stories ~*~

WyldRanger

Quote from: Ket on January 02, 2009, 01:45:03 PM
You mean I can start again backwards now?!

-has found the way to hold off 30 inevitably-

Hey! There's nothing wrong with being 30!  :D

*coughs* technically 31 *coughs*

Greenthorn

Oh godohgodohgod...going to be.................34.............and there's complaints about 30? *cries*

Moondazed

What are you talking about, I'm 39!  I suspect some people on this forum think that's near-dead *giggle*

jouzinka

Near dead? o.O That isn't post mortem? *giggles* then quickly *hides*

Moondazed

I'm robust with a lovely bouquet, like fine wine :P

Paradox

I googled Moondazed, and here is one of the results:

<<picture removed by moderator Amberghylles>>

Well...at least she wasn't lying about still looking fairly young...but damn..

jouzinka

Quote from: Moondazed on January 02, 2009, 07:45:59 PM
I'm robust with a lovely bouquet, like fine wine :P
Just as it should be.

Moondazed

I'm going to assume that was meant to be funny, Para :P

Kurzyk

Quote from: Greenthorn on January 02, 2009, 05:12:13 PM
Oh godohgodohgod...going to be.................34.............and there's complaints about 30? *cries*

At 36 Im starting to consider what the 40s are like....

Ket

Quote from: Greenthorn on January 02, 2009, 05:12:13 PM

But I'm a little girl!!  And I don't know how well being 30 meshes with being a little girl!

-takes a few deep breaths a reminds herself it's still slightly over 3 years away-

Not to mention that I have a SERIOUS fear of death.  Like, send me into panic attack type fear when I even just think about no longer existing.  Aging=closer to that.  Okay. Stopping now.  Breathing becoming difficult.

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Ket on January 03, 2009, 02:51:25 AM
But I'm a little girl!!  And I don't know how well being 30 meshes with being a little girl!

-takes a few deep breaths a reminds herself it's still slightly over 3 years away-

Not to mention that I have a SERIOUS fear of death.  Like, send me into panic attack type fear when I even just think about no longer existing.  Aging=closer to that.  Okay. Stopping now.  Breathing becoming difficult.

*hugs Ket* i know the feeling - do i lose my little girl status too when i hit 30? it's not that far away and i LIKE being someone's little girl! *pouts*
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

HairyHeretic

Age is only a state of mind.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cherri Tart

*grins* in my mind, HH is like 95! ;)
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

HairyHeretic

Bah, you kids today don't know how good you have it. Why, when I were a lad, I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kurzyk

*nods in agreement*

You try and tell the kids of today that... and that you won't believe ya.