News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Star Treking across the Universe

Started by LeoStar, December 16, 2010, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunarice

*chuckles*  I'm flexible so don't worry about me.  I see the whole character building creation as a learning experience anyway and it was something new for me. 

Muse

Gah.  I don't know if I can handle another freeform game right now.  Let me think about it. 

Name:         Aurin Malko Tigan
Player Name:      Muse
Campaing:      
Race:         Trill
Background:      Symbiot Preperatory (See Bellow)
Profession:      Starfleet Officer: Comand
Elite PRofession:   
Experience Points:   
Advancements:      
Height         6'9"
Weight         313
Skin         Golden
Hair:         Dark Chocolate
Eyes:         Milk Chocolate

Picture: 

Body:       Tall, broad, and powerful. 
Uniform:   Standard, though he's known to carry a batlet in tense situations. 
Personality:   
History:   
   Not so long ago there was an angry young man named Malko.  His mother lived and breathed to see him earn

what she had not, joining with a Trill Symbiot.  When he finished a round of studies, she pushed him into

athletics.  When he finished a round of athletics, she pushed an artistic class upon him.  When he slept she was

there before he could wake on his own with more studies.  When he refused, she nagged, needled, cried, and prayed

to the ancestors to forgive a failed mother. 

At the height of adolescent rage, Malko knew what he had to do.  His rebellion ceased and he threw himself

into studies and training with all his heart, dreaming of the day when he would be offered a symbiot and decline. 

For all the strength he believed he had, on Malko’s twenty-first birthday, his convictions wavered and his

act of defiance failed.  The next day, waking from a surgical haze, he slowly explored in his mind what it was to

be Aurin Malko. 

He wasn’t weak anymore.  When his mother began regaling him with her plans for a rich and prosperous life

in oceanic science, Malko calmly pressed send on the data pad and began to pack.  The plans went on, his mother

not seeming to notice.  The big trill embraced her and kissed her gently on the forehead.  “I’m going to Star

Fleet now, mother.  Don’t you think it’s time for you to find a ship of you own?" 

Four years later, Aurin Malko had completed the officer’s program at the Starfleet academy and his  mother

was out at sea, studying alga, content with who she was for the first time in her life. 

Malko is the fourth Aurin. 

Aurin is regaurded as a bit of a Xenopheliac even by symbiot standards.  With it's first host, Chiss, she

spent decades amongst orions. 

With its second host, Sabian, she lived in the klingon empire and died in the dominion war.  (Aurin has

the symbiot transporter alergy.  After emergency beam off of an exploding ship in the dominion war, Star Fleet

Medical Officers were unable to save Sabian and almost lost Aurin.) 

Aurin's third host, Jedek, was a serene and intelgent astrophysicist who spent a lot of time alone on deep space

observitories but had strong ties to the vulcan science academy.  A musician, Aurin Jedek mastered the vulcan

lute. 

Aurin Malko is the first Aurin in star fleet.  He is freinds with an old klingon ambasador--Kael--who calls him,

"Malko, son of Sabian." 

His orion aquaintances are mostly dead now, but he stil apreciates many aspects of orion culture.

ADVANCEMENTS: 16

STRENGTH            12   +3
INTELECT            13   +3
AGILITY               9   +1
VITALITY            12   +3
PRESENCE            12   +3
PERCEPTION            7   +0

QUICKLNESS            1
SAVY               3
STAMINA               3+2
WILLPOWER            3+2

Defense               8

Health               15

Renown               3

Acrobatics            3   +1   +1   =+5

Armed Combat
--Klingon Traditional (Bat'leth)   5   +1   +1   =+7

Athletics            3      +1   

Computer Use (Retrieve)         4   +3      =+7

Enterprise
--Administration         4   +3      =+7

Entertain
--Dance               1   +3      =+4
--Play Insturment (Vulcan Lute)      2   +3      =+5

Infleuce (Fliration)         2   +3      =+5   

Knowlege: Culture      
--Klingon            1   +3   +2   =6
--Orion               1   +3   +2   =6
--Trill               3   +3   +2   =8
Knowelge: History
--Trill               3   +3   +2   =8
Knowlege: Law
--Trill               1   +3   +2   =6
Knowlege: Polotics
--Klingon            2   +3   +2   =7
Knolwege: Religioin      
Knowlege:      
--Trill Homeworld         2   +3   +2   =7

Languege: Federation Standard      3   +3      =+6
Languege: Klingon         2   +3      =+5
Languege: Orion            2   +3      =+5
Languege: Trill            4   +3      =+7

Negotiate            3   +3      =

Ranged Combat
--Energy Weapons (Phaser)      5   +1   +1   =2d6+7

Repair               3   +3      =+6

Science
--Life               2   +3      =+5
--Social            2   +3      =+5
--Space               2   +3      =+5

System Operations (Comand)      4   +3      =2d6+7

Tactics (Space)            4   +3      =2d6+7

Unarmed Combat
--Federation             3   +1   +2   =d20+6

PROFESSIONAL ABILITES: 
--Starship Duty: Comand      
--Comanding Pressence      
--Rounded: Influence
----Capable
----Intrepid
--Starship Tactics

TRAITS: 

EDGES:     
--Aly       X3
--Comand    X1
--Cultural Flexibility
--Fit
--Healthy (+2 to Stamina Reaction Tests) 
--Promotion   X4
--Sherpa

FLAWS:
--Familiar Face

Symbiot Prepratory:  A trill wishing to recieve a symbiot must have a healthy body and a flexible mind. 
--Life Sciences +2
--Athletics +1, Computer Use +1, Social Sciences +1
--Fit

Professional Skills: 
Administration, Athletics, *Armed Combat, Computer Use, Energy Weapons, *Entertain, Inquire, Knowlege, Negotiate,

Persuade, Repair, *Science, Surivaval, Systems Oerations, Tactics, Unarmed Combat. 

Use Untrained: 
Acrobatics, Influence, Construct

LIFTING      260kg
CARYING      
THROWING   +2m Range Inciment

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

LeoStar

if you want to stick with the system then we can, i was just thinking it was an option

Dingo

I really like system games for action adventure stories in a group. Mainly because in my experience games like that without a system to function as a blueprint of what you can and can't do, tend to collapse or derail into god-modding or into something lacking the action.

So, I will try to put work into my character, learn the system and hope for a fun game. (Right now I'm at about 75% understanding), but if it's not with a system, I will bow out with no offense meant to anyone.

Lunarice

Color me impressed!  I might have about 50% of it figured out but do like to use systems myself to give a tiny bit of structure.  Plus, it really seems like a decent system to use so I'd like to learn it and probably won't have a chance anywhere else to try.

LeoStar

well then i think the votes are in and were sticking with the system, i'm giving till maybe wednesday/thrusday to finish up making character. friday if people have major problems, then we can start by the weekend

fallensaviour

starting new job going to be difficult to get the spare time to do a character myself, if someone wants to help me that'd be super awesome

Ascia

I love sci-fi, and Star Trek.

But I know nothing about systems. So sadly I have to pull out. <3

Muse

If you want to try, Ascia, I can help you as soon as I get a working computer in my home.  *sweat drop* 

Gotta go now. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

LeoStar

i know its a bit of a pain with the system, but it you do a normal free from character sheet i'm willing to write up a character for you to use. you can tweek it once we start if you notice something you realy dont like.

Ascia

You guys are very sweet. <3

I'll write a freeform and put it up for you guys to comb over.

Thanks again! <333

LeoStar

Ok peps it’s Friday and as promised I have stated the OOC thread and the game thread for Star Trek USS Reliant. If you haven’t got your character created in the game system yet, don’t worry. We can have that done by the time the action starts, just place your sheet in the OOC thread as it stands and join the game.

OOC – https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=94971.0
Game - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=94970.0

Dingo

For those of you who need sheets, I can be of assistance too.

fallensaviour

luna was helping me out with creating my char...so as soon as thats done :D

Lunarice

*looks a bit pink faced since she feels like the blind leading the blind*  I'm trying ... can I have a little star for effort?  *looks hopeful*

Muse

*offers a gold star* 

Michi, I'll be on Yahoo all night.  Drop me a line and I'll help! 

Lunarice

*holds star and smiles brightly*  I'm sorry to konk out but this fever is getting higher and I can't focus on making a decent intro post for Skye.  I will try to do that tomorrow and I hope my brain won't be cooked!

Muse

Fever?  Meep!  *hugs and offers cold water!* 

Take care of yourself! 

LeoStar

I know i should have done this sooner, but i didnt know how much trouble people were in. if you need help creating the characters in the system, you can get hold of me though AIM or MSN. just send me a message

kckolbe

So, I've never played Star Trek, or really follow it, but I enjoy sci-fi and love ship-based settings.  If you are looking for more, let me know.  Are there any positions you'd like to have player controlled?  I've downloaded the rules and they seem simple enough at first glance.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

fallensaviour

well according to the ooc thread we dont have these positions filled

Science officer -
Doctor -
Councillor –

though in theory
we could also use an ops (operations) officer or two for general duties

Barbara4play

New to Eliquiy and not familiar with the system ( what RPGs have used it ? ) but willing to give it a try would love to make a science officer

Name: Alexia Sinclair
Species: Human
Sex: female
Eyes: brown
Hair: Dark Brown, shoulder length
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 125 lbs
Visual picture: ( sorry still haven't mastered postinga pic , please use link)
http://pulse.yahoo.com/_WZSS4UBXQCVBY2JPKLN7X6UMRU/album/photos/362867
Body: Voluptuous
Customization to uniform: None
Rank and profession: Science officer
Personality: Naive , curious , and has a tendency to get overly involved in what’s she’s doing

History: Born to two of the federations most brilliant scientist Maxwell and Sylvia Sinclair on Starbase 74 while in route from Bynaus to Earth. She was groomed to follow in her parents foots step as ether the federations next premier astrophysist ( her father expertise ) or Planetary Sciences ( her mothers).  She grew up in a sheltered life of study on half a dozen science research stations. She still feels uncomfortable in large open area, and on planets.

She made top grade thru out her academic career and show great promise in the science, her parent felt their legacy was safe.  Then Alexia Join Starfleet and their hopes for a life for her in pure science research evaporated.

Alexis has served, mostly by choice in deep space operations where she can be the first to find or study something new. She’s been assign to a dozen Nova class ship on short missions but look forward to working on a larger starship for an extended mission. ( still flushing the history out )

LeoStar

Welcome to E first off. The character looks good to me, if you want I can build the character off this and post it in the OOC channel. Other than that you can pop over to the IC page and do your first post if you want

PS. To help you if you really don’t have a clue the two channels are below

OOC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=94971.0

IC
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=94970.0

Barbara4play

please feel free to build the character will post soon just need to clean a few things up on my end, thanks

Barbara4play

please feel free to build the character will post soon just need to clean a few things up on my end, thanks

was also wondering if they have an Edge like " Eidetic memory " if so I'll take it