Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Any Gender, historical fiction)

Started by Kamiki, August 17, 2017, 07:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamiki

Hello, I'm going to keep this thread pretty quick and basic since I'm not good with formatting and all that.

So I'm looking for anybody interested in a Three Kingdoms rp. For reference, I'm referring to the chinese folklore story. I know it's a fairly niche setting but one I thoroughly enjoy and have yet to find a partner for. I'm happy to play with/as both canon or original characters.

To share a few plotbunnies that might serve as starting points:

- An arranged marriage between a higher and lesser noble.

- A harem setting

- My character being a concubine of some general

- My character being a palace servant/attendant/slave

- A raid on an enemy village with my character being a peasant

- An assassin/spy sent to gather information or infiltrate a hostile army/country

- My character being a traveling Samurai Woman seeking vengeance for her dead husband/family

Of course all those stories would need a bit more fleshing out, and I'm more than happy to brainstorm something from scratch as well.

As far as content goes:

- Extreme Topics: I love dark and twisted stuff and don't shy away from most things, even things like bad ends or violence are on the table.

- Twisted Romance: I also enjoy romance but am admittedly not that interested in straightforward vanilla and fluff. Ideally it would be a mixture of multiple themes like forced arranged marriage.

- Age Differences

- Action: I'm happy with this being both a romance or something purely action based like a battle or fight

- Grit and Immersion: The setting doesn't need to be super realistic, I'm quite happy with stretching limits since I'm anything but an expert myself. But overall I'd love to make an effort to keep the setting in tone with the actual fandom.

List of characters I'd enjoy playing with:

- Cao Cao

- Liu Bei

- Sun family

- Cao Cao again because he's awesome

- Famous fighters like Lu Bu, Guan Yu or Zhang Fei, Zhou Yu

- Advisers like Zhuge Liang

- Various other Generals or characters

- Original characters

So yes, that's more or less it. Honestly, I'm not confident I'll find any partners since it really is a very niche fandom in the west, but since I adore it I'd wanted to give it a try at least. Also, for those interested but who don't know it, here's a link to the tv adaption on youtube with english subtitles. It's awesome trust me, basically a more realistic and historically accurate take on Game of Thrones rooted in chinese history. Without fantasy and focusing more on the intrigue and politics of that time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmxJCPxmL7k&t=220s

Chrisking777

oh hell yes I'd be down with this. I will send you a pm asap. 

Kamiki

Looking for one more perhaps if anybody was interested. ^^