The Butterfly's Dream (Male looking for Partners)

Started by Reivenn, August 15, 2012, 09:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reivenn

The Butterfly’s Dream boutique appears to be a small clothing shop, nestled between a café and a bookstore. One of a dozen small, independently owned shops located on Lakeshore Boulevard. Faceless wooden mannequins pose in the display window, wearing colorful costumes, while racks of clothing and tables of accessories can be seen displayed behind them. A hand carved wooden sign, hangs over the door and proclaims the name of the shop in curling blue-white script.

The majority of customers come in merely to browse and occasionally buy something off the racks, however Rei Moon the owner of the Butterfly’s Dream does far more then sell clothing, he’s also a skilled tailor and a number of the items in the shop are either handmade originals or modified from existing pieces that Rei purchases second hand. For those willing to pay the price, Rei treats his clients extremely well and will design and custom fit whole outfits, do image consultation and even perform complete makeovers in the back of the shop.

And for those in the know, Rei offers something extra. The clothes pay most of his bills, but Rei is also talented with magic, especially in the arts of transformation and glamour. Temporary illusions are second nature and for those who seek something more, he can work permanent physical transformations, although he never undertakes working such magic lightly. He can also sometimes be coerced into using his more mystical talents to help others when all else has failed.

The Butterfly’s Dream is open for business and currently seeking new clients. Come inside, have a look around and try something on for size. You could also apply for the Help Wanted position as an assistant in the shop. Interviews are typically held by appointment, but patient walk-ins can be accommodated.

Rei Moon frequently changes both his appearance and his gender to suit his whims. He rarely wears the same outfit twice and typically changes clothes at least twice a day. For the most part, he keeps the same general appearance so as not to alarm his neighbors too much. Rei appears to be of Asian descent with beautiful, smiling eyes, a pale complexion, dark hair, a slender androgynous build, long slender fingers and painted nails. He favors long, straight hair, sometimes worn loose, other times bound back in a braid. When he’s working, he also almost always has a butterfly somewhere on his person either as a hair ornament, piece of jewelry or a pattern somewhere on his clothing.

The differences between Rei’s male and female forms is subtle. Rei’s male form has broader shoulders, a leaner face, slightly deeper voice and stands about two inches taller at 5’8.” Rei’s female form has a rounder face, is two inches shorter at 5’6” and has subtle curves. Depending on what clothing Rei is wearing, the differences between the two forms can be more or less pronounced. He’s also perfectly happy to crossdress regardless of his physical sex and enjoys challenging expectations.

The thematic inspiration is xxxHolic with a dash of the Dresden Files thrown in, so things can go in a lot of different directions from short, light and fun to dark and tangled mysteries. It all depends upon what you are looking for from the narrative and the complications your character brings to the table. If you’re interested in roleplaying with me via Forums, PM or IM please glance over my On/Offs and then send me a PM. Additional story ideas can also be found in my On/Offs thread, which I try to update weekly.
"Dapper lycanthropes... terrible, yet... refined... My only... weakness..!" -- Tycho, Penny Arcade

Reivenn's Ons, Offs and Ideas