What will you never play again?

Started by Inkidu, August 25, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spell

Final Fantasy XIII.

Fully completed it, never touching it again. Lost Odyssey for the win.
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Soran

Quote from: Inkidu on May 02, 2010, 01:32:51 PM
I'm just going to add this to my "Reasons MMORPGs Shouldn't Exist" list. With your go ahead.

Be my guest :) ... I bought it because of the trek name...and to be fair, it was fun, but ultimately without team fun it just got dull. I prefer offline games, I buy, blast whenever I want without paying a subscription. :)

Ignaddio

Quote from: Heaven Sent Blossom on May 02, 2010, 05:00:12 PM
No video game is worse than E.T, this is scientific fact.

After the chore that was getting the Wii Speak set up (I say set up, thing still barely works) and the slap dash feel to the online system of it in general I'm seriously questioning whether or not I'm going to touch Monster Hunter Tri again.

I think my favorite part about the E.T. game was that there were more cartridges of it made than there were consoles to play it on, purportedly. But there are plenty of sucky games in that generation, for instance every game named after Indiana Jones. The Angry Video Game Nerd (potentially NSFW) is, however, my favorite source of video game lore. It's a wealth of terrible games.
Vidi, Vici, Veni*I sang, too.
 Like the Avatar? I drew it myself.

Paradox

Quote from: Ignaddio on May 02, 2010, 07:56:56 PM
I think my favorite part about the E.T. game was that there were more cartridges of it made than there were consoles to play it on, purportedly. But there are plenty of sucky games in that generation, for instance every game named after Indiana Jones. The Angry Video Game Nerd (potentially NSFW) is, however, my favorite source of video game lore. It's a wealth of terrible games.

That's precisely where I watched most of the aforementioned Superman footage for the Nintendo 64.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

CmdrRenegade

Rogue Galaxy. 

Honestly, this one had so much potential.  I was really hoping this would be Skies of Arcadia in space.  Unfortunately, there's little connection to the background events and tons of pointless mini missions which quickly get tedious.  Also, all the characters...just...won't...shut...up...
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

Sabby

Lost Planet....

Despise this game with a passion >.> picture being a crippled in a very old wheel chair who can only throw rocks, and your in an arena thats so small you can only do a short lap around the rim. But your fighting a ninja who can leap around outside that arena faster then you can actually turn your wheelchair and is hurling handfuls of grenades and smoke bombs at you.

And now picture that these are mechs, and you'll have an idea of how horrid it is.

And then you get out of the mech and end up running around with a gun, fighting other humans... who are equipped with rocket launchers that will cloud the entire screen with smoke and juggle you, so your forced to keep just out of range or around a corner, dash in and pick one off, and then slip back out, because if you even try and play the game like its intended and fight on, you will be juggled about and not even be given the courtesy of seeing your own body get kicked about like a hacky sack.

Cardwolf

Lost Odyssey.  Don't get me wrong I loved the game and loved the stories told from Kaim and the Queen's past.  The story was grand and epic and everything about the game was free flowing and kept you involved.  I only say I will never play the game again because I have literally done everything imaginable in it and have nothing more i can squeeze out of this gem for enjoyment.  Every achievement...every weapon...all the mini missions and every skill for every character along with every item.  There's nothing left for me to do  :-(

Sabby

I got to DVD 2... that was an endurance test for me.

The Bouncer.

It was just FF7 with clunky fighting controls.

Inkidu

I'll never play another Final Fantasy spin off game again. Never, I borrowed Dissidia or however the hell you spell it and found absolutely nothing great about it. It was mediocre at best. It's die-hard fan service.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Cardwolf

An assassin's creed game not for the Xbox360 or PS3

Host of Seraphim

Clocktower 3. AUGAHAHAAUUUHHH!! I can't believe I spent four whole bucks on that at Disc Replay. The villain's one liners! "SLICE AND DICE! SNICKETY-SNACK!" The terrible, terrible boss battles! The premise of the game (that you're a completely normal girl who can't attack and can only hide from villains) was interesting at first, but ill-executed. I could go on...

Okami - I really liked the game, but it was too long and had too many "I am going to kill myself"-level frustrating parts for me to ever want to play it again. Same goes for Beyond Good & Evil, and Rule of Rose. All are good games, but have little to no replay factor for me.
Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::

mannik

Blood Bowl.....I rented it because the box art struck my fancy and I assumed it would be in the same spirit as those old Mutant League sports games....but no, what it turned out to be was a turn based football game that sucked so incredably bad. Usually I can find at least one thing I like about a game, but not this one.

Trouble

Probably Okami for the Wii. I played for about twenty minutes before the clumsy handling system convinced me that it wasn't worth my time. On a scale of enjoyment, I'd say it's just below 'having your inner organs being shredded by a kidney stone'. But barely.
Trouble's switches: On/Off
RP Request (MxM) (Current craving for Doctor Who/Torchwood)
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

thebobmaster

First off, if you saw my earlier post, I said Fallout 3 got the honor. However, willing to give it a second chance, I bought it with the expansion packs, and it kicks ass. Therefore, it is obviously not a game that I'll "never play again", seeing as I'm playing it all the freaking time now.

However, that award would go to Modern Warfare. I haven't played the sequel, but for the original...well, I beat the main story, so that's done. And I will no longer play it online. Why? Simply, I don't live long enough to have fun, because I didn't play the single player over and over and over again until I became a god.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Host of Seraphim

Quote from: Trouble on May 19, 2010, 07:24:23 PM
Probably Okami for the Wii. I played for about twenty minutes before the clumsy handling system convinced me that it wasn't worth my time. On a scale of enjoyment, I'd say it's just below 'having your inner organs being shredded by a kidney stone'. But barely.

I only played it on PS2, so I can't imagine if it would be harder or easier on a Wii. I know how frustrating the brush strokes were, though.

Green impy thing: Draw a circle!
Me: *meticulously draws a circle with the joysticks*
Green impy thing: No! Draw a CIRCLE! *shows how to draw a circle*
Me: That's what I did! D: *draws another circle, even more meticulous this time*
Green impy thing: NO! A circle!
Me: Gaaaah! *scribbles all over the screen in frustration*
Green impy thing: Perfect! *game progresses*
Me: what is this i don't even  :-(

The fact that all the voices were computer-generated gobbledygook didn't help either. The green imp's voice was so annoying, and he talked the most. x_x

...But I did like the game in the end! :D

Trouble

I ended up using a similar method, Hostofseraphim. Mostly, I'd wave the Wiimote around randomly in the dim hopes of doing something. Sadly, this method rarely worked any better than carefully and meticulously outlining everything.

And the annoying sidekick! D: I can't stand his voice, but playing a game without sound is so... I dunno, it feels wrong. The music adds to a game's ambiance.

At this point, I'm considering trying to get it for the DS, because so many people have told me that it's amazing. At least with that you get to use a stylus.
Trouble's switches: On/Off
RP Request (MxM) (Current craving for Doctor Who/Torchwood)
Tracking Trouble (A/A's)
I don't always write sex scenes. But when I do, I include bad puns, memes, and quantum physics jokes.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

A variety of shooting games, to boring, not enough fun or thinking involved. I snipe and move on.

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Host of Seraphim

Quote from: Trouble on May 19, 2010, 08:40:11 PM
I ended up using a similar method, Hostofseraphim. Mostly, I'd wave the Wiimote around randomly in the dim hopes of doing something. Sadly, this method rarely worked any better than carefully and meticulously outlining everything.

And the annoying sidekick! D: I can't stand his voice, but playing a game without sound is so... I dunno, it feels wrong. The music adds to a game's ambiance.

At this point, I'm considering trying to get it for the DS, because so many people have told me that it's amazing. At least with that you get to use a stylus.

For all the extreme frustration, Okami is a very rewarding game. I can't say that about a lot of games-- where you put in so much effort and then the ending is just blah and you're like "I worked so hard for that?!" Okami's not like that. I srsly teared up a little bit near the end. <__< >__>

But anyway, yeah, I'd say it's worth giving a second shot.  :-)

Samael

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic.

1. Casting a spell takes like 5 seconds (wth). Then you need to aim as well, which means when the spell goes off, the enemy is long gone.
2. Casting animation fills about 80% of the screen, yes. You see jack shit.
3. 90% of the game seems to take place in dark caverns, which has you have to activate a night sight spell, which disables itself after like 10 seconds again. Has you casting the damn spell over and over.
4. Oh, did I mention yet that Night sight reacts with violent brightness to any spells you cast? You go literally blind, see nothing when you cast spells. Those last 20% visibility? Yeah, they are gone.
5. You can sneak. You can get sneaking skills. They will be absolutely useless, since nearly no Monsters stands alone, and you will have to fight them in groups. Not so good with the sneaking if they see you after the first attack.
6. Poison. Spiders use it, zombies use it, and it lasts for like 2 minutes, killing you DEFINITELY if you don't have an antidote. Antidotes are hard to come by. F*ck poison.
7. The levels are horribly boring, frustrating, and terribly designed, except maybe 2, making it a chore. Finding 3 gems to activate a door feels like they just want to prolong you staying in that damn, dark dungeon, where you have to cast one spell over and over (night sight) and run into DOZENs of poisonous mobs (Zombies). NOT FUN!
8. Health Regeneration? Mana regeneration? Be ready to play for like 12 hours until you get em. Until then, have fun running out of mana every 2 spells, and die to a lot of stuff quickly.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

TheWriter

Quote from: Spell on May 02, 2010, 05:08:45 PM
Final Fantasy XIII.

Fully completed it, never touching it again.
I hear that.  If all the game were like the last few chapters it'd be forgivable, but it's soooooo slllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww getting up to the good bits.

Craz

Medieval 2: Total War

I feel proud of myself for finally deleting this off my hard drive.

I loved Rome, and I have a bunch of fun playing Empire(saving up for Napoleon), but Medieval had some big flaws. It lacked any sort of fast-paced combat, sieges were the majority of combats I did, and unlike in Empire...want to invade another nation? Well, hey, hope you like one block of pikemen defending an entire castle. *sigh*

Inkidu

Darksiders...

Borrowed my friends copy and he didn't even leave the house before I was sick of playing it. I don't need a Zelda clone with some God O' War that bad. I really don't.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Cardwolf

Alright more on my list, they are good games, but I can't play them anymore.

Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions-  I have done literally everything possible that could be done and all the coop missions.  No point left to play it anymore.

Dissida- I will disagree with you Inkidu yes it was fan service, but I enjoyed the game just again played it to the point of why am I playing this anymore has no point.

Dynasty Warriors...of any variety- Exception to my list...is a freaking repeative button masher that never ever changes from game to game.  Only character models do.  I'm sick of the game and Koei's attempts to get five year old children to waste their parents money on another hack and slash.

World of Warcraft- Until further notice no!!!! Stole my soul and several relationships and left me on a street corner whoring myself out to continue playing.  It sucks your essence away from you.  I may give it another shot once my internet isn't limited but until then.  AWAY WITH YOU BLIZZARD AND YOUR ABILITY TO STEAL MY LIFE AWAY....though if you sold it back to me that would be nice.

The Sims- This doesn't include 2 or 3...just the first Sims aggrivated me to no end.  While I like to make stories and sometimes play them out through the sims.  The first one was so ungodly frustrating in all that it did and the fact that the characters were no more than ten pixels didn't help anything.

Inkidu

I'm probably never going to play. Civilization 2 test of time again.

It's sad I love it but Civ doesn't have any other sci-fi games and ToT is so old I can't run it anymore.

Pitagora

I will NEVER EVER play MUDs again.
This is the most frustrating gaming experience i had in my entire gaming life.
It was really painfull