Magic: The Gathering Roleplay

Started by Decrepitdan, February 27, 2014, 02:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decrepitdan

I've always been intrigued by the canon MtG story line behind the famous game. But, as always with storylines that are made for existing games....they are always relatively tame. This makes sense, given the nature of the game they are supposed to back up, but that leaves a giant gaping hole where a role play could and should exist. I mean, it's hard to imagine that when a planeswalker finds their "spark" that they lose all interest in the carnal side of existence.

That being said, I don't have a story line I want to use really. I'm not even attached to playing canon characters or original characters. What I do know, is that I want to roleplay with someone who knows a bit about the game at least...and hopefully has a little bit of a feel for the story behind the Magic Universe and the feel of the different parts of the color pie and how they affect characterization.

I realize this request is rife for suggestion as a group game, but for the moment i'm only looking for one, at most two people to write with, as I think a couple of people playing multiple characters will be the way to play the expansive quest-like story lines of the magic universe, but still be manageable.

As far as the parties that wish to play, I would like to express my interest in playing with another who can switch roles with me in a dominant and submissive sense. I have a hard time imagining that all powerful planeswalkers would very often be submissive by nature. Yes, perhaps with an individual or powerful planeswalker, one might find themselves often in that role - but I doubt it would be something that someone with so much power would do as a habit. (Unless, of course that's the turn on. But even then, I doubt it would be admitted)

Please pm me with any thoughts, if interested!

someinheritthewealth

Avacyn and I may have an rp it set in Ravnica. And the idea is pretty epic it's the return of the biggest bads Yawgmoth and Bolas they are attempting to completely destroy Ravnica for good.

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Decrepitdan on February 27, 2014, 02:57:27 AM
What's their motivation for destroying Ravnica?

Because if the Guilds were ever united they could probably completely end Yawgmoth and Bolas. The gateless was a ploy by both to destablise the guilds and hopefully lead to their crushing Niv Mizzet sensed this and with Jace help reforged the guild pact.

Decrepitdan

Another interesting storyline would be the eventual confrontation between the Eldrazi and the Phyrexians.

someinheritthewealth

Basically Aurelia who I am rping can't get it out of her skull that the gateless were far more organized than mere anarchists should be, she believes they were intentionally amassed and wants to find out the source.

I know nothing of Eldrazi really, unfortunately :/.... and well Yawgmoth and Bolas plan ahead so who knows what their big plan is.

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Decrepitdan on February 27, 2014, 03:06:09 AM
That makes sense. Sounds worth checking out.

As to why destroy Ravnica Yawgmoth and Bolas are psychopathic they would likely try for the mere challenge and to prove to Jace that Ravnica his realm is not safe.

Decrepitdan

Speaking of, how is Yawgmoth coming back? Isn't he dead?

someinheritthewealth

Quote from: Decrepitdan on February 27, 2014, 03:24:10 AM
Speaking of, how is Yawgmoth coming back? Isn't he dead?

It's uncertain in truth he may be dead or merely just biding his time. It may be why he requested the help of Bolas because he's too weak to do this on his own.

Decrepitdan

Hm. I can see that. I thought he was dead....dead. lol

Swan

I play the game every now and then. I see you found someone already, but I also read you might be looking for one more?

someinheritthewealth

So far there is Avacyn, me, and Decrepitdan.

someinheritthewealth

Also I think I am going for Aurelia, Avacyn an OC from Selesya and we got potentially Elspeth the only Planewalkers that remembers Yawgmoth and actually saw him and knows what he's capable of.

someinheritthewealth

I made the OOC thread so we can discuss further there.

Anyone else who sees link and is interested feel free to check out :).